So, recently I've decided to look for a better Bible. My current one is perfect for its task...

So, recently I've decided to look for a better Bible. My current one is perfect for its task, but it's torn from age and I also wanted a nicer one. (Pic unrelated)

Hardcover or Softcover. So post links to new, nice Bibles. And photos of your current one if you can.

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-204548.png (720x1280, 373.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ignatius.com/Ignatius-Bible-Compact-P1131.aspx
baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=7
chippenhamoldbaptist.org.uk/freebiblerequest
realdouayrheims.com/
lulu.com/spotlight/rheims?searchTerms=&pageOffset=2
archive.org/details/1582DouaiRheimsDouayRheimsFirstEdition1Of31609OldTestament
amazon.com/Biblia-Regalos-Premios-negro-Spanish/dp/1558191372/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get a Septuagint and then get a KJV New Testament

You looking for table top or something you can carry around with you?

Something I can carry

CORRECT
ORTHODOX STUDY BIBLE IS AMAZING and the commentaries aren't super long and wordy

I'd rather no study Bibles, but I appreciate the suggestion

I have one of these and put the chapter tabs in. It holds up really well.

ignatius.com/Ignatius-Bible-Compact-P1131.aspx

baroniuspress.com/book.php?wid=56&bid=7

Attached: 7-231.jpg (315x500, 39.55K)

If you're in the UK: chippenhamoldbaptist.org.uk/freebiblerequest

I'd second your suggestion but the D-R translation today is more like the KJV than the original D-R, plus it uses the Nestle-Aland manuscripts for the NT, which is absolutely heretical.

In this case, OP can buy the KJV with Apocrypha and print out an index with the Apocrypha in correct order with the OT. If OP has a little more money to spare, then I'd buy at least three Bibles: one to carry around (which is also his favorite translation), then his favorite translation as house Bible for faster reading - because you read a lot faster when the font is bigger -, and lastly, an alternative translation for comparison. At least one of those Bibles should have all books, so a Catholic Bible (which unfortunately doesn't have 3 and 4 Esdras), an Orthodox Bible, or a Protestant BIble with Apocrypha is good to go.

In pic related I own a facsimile of the first KJV print, but it also includes comments and cross-references. The print and paper is cheap because it is printed in China, but it fulfills its purpose; meaning to give you the full Bible experience. If you're German then do it unironically like pic related.

Attached: IMG_20180314_115400809_HDR.jpg (1165x656, 1.27M)

the Douay-Rheims a translation of the Latin Vulgate

You aren't quite informed about this matter, as I see. You cannot buy the original Douay-Rheims Bible anywhere. You can only get (((revised))) ones with comments, and those revisions use partly the Latin Vulgate for the OT, but is now greatly "inspired" by the KJV. The NT on the ohter hand, has been completely replaced by the new discoveries of (((textual criticism))). In Germany, you cannot even buy a Catholic Bible that is based on the Latin Vulgate for half a century now. They are all based on the new discoveries of (((modern scholars))). Therefore, not trustworthy as primary Bible.

What are you going on about, mate?

There's always the original version.
realdouayrheims.com/
lulu.com/spotlight/rheims?searchTerms=&pageOffset=2

Attached: c3f58fd8700e573a9496fa88c530c61b8bfe10735dea67da783e662689374b4c.jpeg (255x255, 15.61K)

Hmm, let's see which Douay-Rheims print we get … oh yeah, it is the 1899; do you think this is a (((coincidence))) or not? I wish you'd be right because then I'd have a reason to buy the D-R Bible. I have read that the current Douay-Rheims Bibles are heavily influenced by the KJV and the latest newfound manuscripts, which are used for the NT. I will try to search my way back to the source of where I've read it, maybe it even says so in the DR Bible itself.

I'd like to order the very original DR Bible but it is quite expensive.

What french translation should I go for?
I have the Ostervald one

The 1899 edition is just a copy of the 1752 text published in America. The only reason the version you can buy today is sometimes called "1899 Douay-Rheims" is because it was the edition that TAN Books republished as a facsimile after being out-of-print for years. It doesn't have an updated New Testament. You're probably thinking of the Douay-Confraternity Bible, which was published in 1941 and had the Douay Old Testament and a new translation of the New Testament based on modern (((textual criticism))). It eventually evolved into the New American Bible after they finally got done translating the Old Testament.

As for KJV influence on Challoner's Douay-Rheims version, it reads similar to the KJV in numerous instances but never in such a way that it changes or obfuscates Catholic teaching. This is why the Church has approved its usage consistently since the 18th century.

Attached: 1950-catholic-holy-bible-douay_1_5ecb580c0bad93afd99372e9f1684785.jpg (1600x903, 257.84K)

Thank you for clarifying this matter. I actually mixed it up with the only German Catholic Bible you can buy, which New Testament is completely based on (((textual criticism))). When the time comes and aren't exhausted with Bible reading and studying, I will definitely add the Douay-Rheims Bible to my collection.

Here's the original DR
archive.org/details/1582DouaiRheimsDouayRheimsFirstEdition1Of31609OldTestament

Thank you, already researched and saved about this matter.

What's a good Spanish translation?

Did a little research about it a while back and came to this one: amazon.com/Biblia-Regalos-Premios-negro-Spanish/dp/1558191372/

Is pic related worth getting?

Attached: didachebible.jpg (900x1382, 260.88K)

It's a good edition, and the RSV is as solid a transaltion as they come, though not as poetic as other translations.