How do you envision the holy spirit? For me, its Apustaja. You?

How do you envision the holy spirit? For me, its Apustaja. You?

Attached: 1520380281696.png (817x656, 127.05K)

learned something today

apu apustaja

Attached: pappi apustus.png (657x527, 29.65K)

Attached: 533e7221ca145d81ff26fdac29b78ef5fd78f7a411b39fdc8090a3187043d4ce.jpg (506x345, 47.76K)

As someone like Apollo (I imagine Christ as a king crowned with thorns and a cross as a scepter, and God the Father as an old artist in a smock).

Attached: Apollo_black_bird_AM_Delphi_8140.jpg (1796x1766, 2.72M)

lol what

The cross was originally a pagan symbol.

Honestly I just really appreciate mythology, and the things it represented for the pagans. Apollo works as an image of the Holy Spirit to me because in the OT and NT the Spirit heals, strikes down, plagues, causes prophecy and musical inspiration, etc. So does the Apollo (so the pagans thought). So I just associate the picture of him (that I posted is my favorite one) with the Holy Spirit at this point.

Okay? We're not talking about symbols retard, we're talking about how people view the Holy Spirit, and that guy views the Holy Spirit as a pagan deity.

And btw, the cross being "originally" a pagan symbol has no bearing on anything, since Christianity's symbol is a roman crucifix.

That's still kinda weird, you shouldn't associate the Holy Spirit with some pagan deity because their "abilities" were similar. Apollo doesn't inhabit men(NT Holy Spirit), nor did Apollo ever come down on men(OT Holy Spirit).

As a sort of golden bird or a golden orb or chalice. I'm not quite sure, I just know it has a golden property to It.

As far as I know, having personal, mental imagery of the Holy Ghost isn't a sin. However, representing It in icons would seem kind of heretical to me (I think it isn't, though)

I envision water. A massive, calm, endless sea in which you cannot drown, but only be carried in the stillness.

Yeah my English teacher made me read the Lightning Thief too.

Attached: 1513052538908.png (625x773, 110.56K)

The Church is the house of the Holy Spirit, Who works through the saints, so…

Golden, you say?

Attached: iconostasis.jpg (500x375, 193.81K)

that's some nice blasphemy right there

Attached: 10n8cgx.jpg.png (785x757, 101.86K)

worry.jpeg

The Holy Ghost is typically portrayed as a wind, a fire, or a dove.

Christ is Christ, the holy spirit has no particular form and is that which comforts the afflicted. Its often a dove but imma be honest, no bird is going to give me that much solace.

An all encompassing and ineffable force, but mysteriously invisible, something we can only sense small signs of in the world, never letting itself speak explicitly. Something like the Tao in a way.

Traditional symbols of the Holy Spirit minus the common single dove. Ironically, the One without form has the least amount of symbols

Attached: holy_spirit_1.png (299x480, 122.26K)

same tbh

Attached: 1519212869144.png (784x645, 36.12K)

maybe 'meme' as in the memetics term?

Sometimes I view these theological or philosophical concepts in terms of computer science. Example is pic attached.
Am I heretical/blasphemous or just autistic?

Attached: y combinator.png (783x174, 3.88K)

Did you forget that crucifixion was a standard Roman procedure for public execution or something?

I don't see how that's going to comfort you in a time of distress

I don't know how, but it does.