Non-passive Bible verses

General fighting for justice and not being a cuck verses appreciated.

Attached: 1520473591910.jpg (978x976, 189.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblehub.com/matthew/5-39.htm
biblehub.com/matthew/18-6.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
Luke 22:36

Bad context, better is literally any Psalm (on topic) because that is the chief Christian prayer book.

… and have you sold your cloak and bought a sword?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH PUSSYCUCKS BTFO ETERNALLY

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 3.54.53 PM.png (809x218, 60.89K)

Matthew 18:6
But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

If you want to become Jews, become Jews.

Every jew I've met was a pussycuck.

19 Then Mathathias answered, and said with a loud voice: Although all nations obey king Antiochus, so as to depart every man from the service of the law of his fathers, and consent to his commandments:
20 I and my sons, and my brethren will obey the law of our fathers.
21 God be merciful unto us: it is not profitable for us to forsake the law, and the justices of God:
22 We will not hearken to the words of king Antiochus, neither will we sacrifice, and transgress the commandments of our law, to go another way.
23 Now as he left off speaking these words, there came a certain Jew in the sight of all to sacrifice to the idols upon the altar in the city of Modin, according to the king's commandment.
24 And Mathathias saw and was grieved, and his reins trembled, and his wrath was kindled according to the judgment of the law, and running upon him he slew him upon the altar:
25 Moreover the man whom king Antiochus had sent, who compelled them to sacrifice, he slew at the same time, and pulled down the altar.
26 And shewed zeal for the law, as Phinees did by Zamri the son of Salomi.
27 And Mathathias cried out in the city with a loud voice, saying: Every one that hath zeal for the law, and maintaineth the testament, let him follow me.

Why? The old testament belongs to Christians just as much as the new testament does. Entirely.

inb4 triggered pagan.

Attached: RcA6AK4cL.jpeg (921x1024, 147.18K)

“Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle – my loving kindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me.” Psalm 144:1

Inb4 the low standards pagan poster

biblehub.com/matthew/5-39.htm
Oops, sorry, was Jesus being a 'cuck' in this verse? :3

6 Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Lord.

7 Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.

8 As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

9 Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.

10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Gee, I guess I shouldn’t be whipping evil merchants. That doesn’t sound like something liberal hippie Jesus would do :/

Turning the other cheek is more "face" in greek. It means find an alternative, show another face in order to break to circle of violence and be wise so that he change his behavior.
For the "do not resist evil", as for the previous we all know the Church never understood it literally as liberals do, it means do not stupidly confront it face to face as a retard, be wise.

Attached: do you expect the word of God to be that simple.jpg (568x335, 55.21K)

Agreed, it's okay to defend yourself as long as they're for the right reasons.

Are there evil merchants in the Temple? I thought that thing was destroyed thousands of years ago.

A passage about all things having their appropriate times.
Ecclesiastes 3:8
"a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace."

The song of Moses (it goes on longer)
Exodus 15:1-3
"“I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; horse and rider he has thrown into the sea. The Lord is my strength and my might and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name."

Deuteronomy 20:1
"When you go out to war against your enemies, and see horses and chariots, an army larger than your own, you shall not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt."

Note how Jesus says that he is only saying this because the prophecy needs to be fulfilled, specifically the prophecy about being numbered with the transgressors. That's right, having a sword makes you a transgressor according to Jesus. When the apostles admitted to having two swords, Jesus said that that was enough. If the apostles weren't trying to keep their swords secret, would Jesus tell them to buy swords and then immediately change his mind after the obvious was pointed out? Not only that, a few verses later, we have Luke 22:49-51
Wow, it seems that Jesus doesn't want you to use a sword against the person that is literally trying to kill the Son of God. In fact, he healed the man that was sent to kill him. Stick to your jew religion book of Psalms and reject the teachings of Jesus.

Now I see why people like the King James Version - it allows people to use the bible to justify their 'safe space' teachings. Take a look at biblehub.com/matthew/18-6.htm and note that every version that isn't the King James Version and its variants says 'causes to stumble' or 'causes to sin', rather than 'offends'. Also, I'd suggest reading into the context - "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven". Children don't usually drown others with millstones, so we'd have to accept that punishing people is for God alone.

Jesus didn't whip any merchants. Read the verse again:
He clearly was using the whip on the sheep and oxen, not on the humans.

I find that that verse is best explained in Romans 19:21

Give me one right reason. Ok, sure, defence against a literal wild animal is a good reason. Give me one right reason do use violence to defend oneself against a human.

Yes, do not use evil to fight evil or you will finish like Boromir. For example, do not genocide jews because they caused the murder of millions of Christians in Soviet Russia for example. You will lose yourself and you will finally lose what you were trying to protect (i.e. western civilization).
You
Too lazy to answer the rest.

Romans 12:9
“Hate what is evil, cling to what is good.”

How stupid do you think I am? It clearly says he drove them out along with the sheep and oxen, not just the sheep and oxen.

Terrible advice. Killing enemies is allowed and many times praised in the Bible. Jesus wouldn’t want you running around shooting random fellow men, and a commandment says not to commit an illegal killing, but we were genociding many tribes in the OT simply for having land we wanted and/or attacking us. The concept of killing as a whole being bad is part of the humanist religion, not the Christian religion. Christianity is not a religion of peace. If it were we would all have been brown and praising Allah centuries ago.

What part of "inspired word of God" do you leftists not understand?
Oh ok, guess I'd better let someone kill my family because it'd be wrong to use violence to stop them.
People like you who only stand by while murderers, rapists, and thieves attack and kill others, often CHILDREN, deserve every moment of eternal suffering that is in store for you.

Attached: MAD.jpg (1201x884, 617.74K)

No genocide under christianity kid. While a people is bound to specific determinism and can be cursed individuals can always be saved through sanctity.
Killing is bad, it's the loss of life which is a good, it can just be a lesser bad. Making of earthly life the ultimate good is humanism, making life of others not important is just uncharitable.
We didn't genocided jews back in the day, we exiled, converted or excluded them. And we didn't genocided muslims. Crusades was holy armed pilgrimage, not genocides.
Mass murder is useless and unjust, that's why it's uncharitable. Are you a troll or are protestant this dumb ?
"Hitler dishonored anti-antisemitism" Bernanos (french catholic writer)

Absolutely absurd. The Catholic Church genocided many competing branches of Christianity and heathens got no better treatment. Jews and muslims are simply heathens. If you are a Catholic then at least have some integrity.

Genocide = wiping out an ethnic group, not a religious denomination. Although there is some overlap (i.e. Jews are both an ethnic group and a religion).

Problem solved. Let's preheat the ovens.

Ok, you're right, I did go a bit too far there. My bad.
Do the apostles deserve eternal suffering because they stood by while Jesus was being arrested and then killed? Why do you think that the early Christians didn't waltz into Rome with swords killing everyone, resurrecting any of their own that died? Was it because they didn't have God on their side? Or was simply completely incompatible with the teachings of Jesus, the same man who literally told them to put down the sword because he who takes up the sword dies by the sword?

They tried. Jesus told them not to SO THE SCRIPTURES MAY BE FULFILLED. Violence and domination is compatible with Christianity. Rome was told to CONQUER under the sign of the cross. DEUS VULT

Conquer a lot, do ya? LARPers make me chuckle.

No.

"Go with the Gospel to all nations."
Not "take the gospel, but make sure you have your handy book of cultural sensitivities."

Attached: yao-yeee-no.jpg (640x436, 43.85K)

Oh, look, Lord, it's that abuse of Scriptures argument again!