Question: Since there's no EO parishes 500 miles in radius and possibly not unless I'm in another country...

Question: Since there's no EO parishes 500 miles in radius and possibly not unless I'm in another country, would being part of Her sister Church still be "valid" in Sacraments and not be "not saved"

Pic somewhat related: Just went my a baby cousin's Baptism at the city cathedral

Tfw posted this at /h8s/ by accident due to the banner on top. Phonepoastin is awful.

Attached: tmp-cam-546147276.jpg (1632x1224, 538.04K)

Go there, but do not take part in the sacraments.
t. Catholic

Reason being? Isn't it pretty much the same aside from liturgical style as well as filioque and Papal supremacy recognition?

If you're Orthodox, taking part in Catholic sacraments is against the rules. We're not in Communion with them due to a variety of theological and organizational issues. Also, on the Catholic side of things, they wouldn't give the sacraments (excluding baptism, naturally) to someone outside of the church.
Don't underestimate how different the Orthodox tradition is from the Catholic one, either. We have a lot more in common than with do with most other denominations, but we are not interchangeable.
t. Orthodox

I've had my first Communion when I was about 8 or so, but never had my Confirmation.

If I end up dying before living in a place with an Orthodox Church, would I not be saved due to not taking part in the Sacraments?

I think I might just Begome Gadolig, despite not agreeing with every single thing.

As far as I know, being in one of either Churches in good works and faith will end up saving you and not dooming you to Hell, despite differences.

Contact the closest bishop, and explain your situation.

Well technically Orthodoxies (and Copts and Orientals) can take sacraments in Catholic Church if they have no other option.

I have a bit of a problem with the Catholic Church's issue regarding contraception.

I want to be a good, faithful Catholic but I don't want to pop out kids by accident all the time. The Orthodox don't believe in this particular dogma, but I feel that if my partner and I "let that slip" it'll end up as a slippery slope into further sin

Will do

So you were baptized Catholic, then? I see. To answer your question, no, not partaking of the sacraments doesn't mean that salvation is unachievable. Besides, Catholic baptisms are (usually) considered valid by the Orthodox Church, so you're a part of the Body of Christ.
The situation you're in is a tricky one. As a member of the Orthodox Church, I'm obligated to tell you that we experience Christ in His fullness as part of our Divine Liturgy, and you won't get that anywhere else. What would suggest is that you contact the nearest parish priest and ask him for advice.

Don't let your dick determine your denomination. Regardless, you're approaching the issue from a Catholic perspective.

The Orthodox Church is not the "sister church" of the Catholic Church.
However, the Church of Constantinople is the sister church of the Church of Rome.

Belonging to the Church of Rome will not help you very much since it's in schism. To quote my priest, "The Catholic Church can pastor, but doesn't have the ressources to." You can be saved in the Catholic Church but it's safer to be in the Orthodox Church.

Being baptized/confirmed as a Catholic is a grave matter if you plan to be Orthodox later. You'll violate your vows made at baptism and confirmation, plus you'll need to be confirmed in the Orthodox Church and formally renounce heresies. In my opinion you should belong to a Catholic community without getting baptized/confirmed there, until you can join an Orthodox parish.

That's not how salvation works. God isn't a vending machine, where you put in "faith & works & sacraments in the right communion" and get "salvation."

This is silly. Focus on the actual doctrinal differences that separate us, not on something pastoral like what is and isn't a sin and to what degree.
Orthodox do believe that contraception is a grave sin. Non-abortifacient contraception can temporarily be permitted if for some reason abstinence is not possible, and that's the principle of economy, but it's not because we're not as strict as the Catholics that you'll be allowed to do it.
What are your thoughts on the role of the Pope in the 1st millenium?

The Roman church allows Easterns to take the sacraments as there is no excommunication. Get a dispensation from an eastern bishop if you really want peace of mind

Don't get confused between Eastern Catholic Churches and Eastern Orthodox. Two very different things.

What are the differences?

How would you feel if I came to an Orthodox service and partook in a sacrament I should not receive? Stay away from it, go to our churches if you can't find one of yours, but that's it. You are still a schismatic, and your kin doesn't like us.

Another thing that we did wrong: we are "at war" with them; why do we keep sayin' that they are not too far from us, that they are our "brothers"? Kain and Abel were brothers too.
Damn it, we cannot take their sacraments,m they should not be allowed to take ours.
They hate us, and for good reasons; instead we keep on being all mushy and soft about them. Sure, we must love them with Christian love, but not allow them to get these free blows at us. The RCC is already full of shit, and we should fix all the huge issues we got, but being soft on other denominations is only make us the laughing stock of the Christian world (and we already are, pretty much).

One's Catholic and one's Orthodox

one is the one holy, catholic, apostolic church

the other is a uniate

Calm your wrath brother. It is regretful that the eastern bishops rejected Rome but we should not take this out on their parishioners who may not reject Rome and who are not excommunicated.

We are not at war, Rome merely waits for the prodigal son to return which is why her arms are open and easterners may receive the sacraments

That's not what uniate means, brah

The EO Catholic Church acknowledges that the Eucharist and Baptism of the Latin Catholic Church as valid.

I hate the RCC as well… I am still there just because I do believe God appointed it as Hus wife. But she's still an harlot and most of us (myself included) are lukewarm pathological liars and treacherous vile beasts who will end up in Hell because we filled our mouth with His name and did nothing to bring forth His teachings and example among other men.