Christian Indie Set to Over-Perform at Box Office…

Christian Indie Set to Over-Perform at Box Office…

web.archive.org/web/20180317210056/http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/christian-movie-i-can-only-imagine-box-office-1202729341/

The nation’s moviegoers look to be turning out in bigger numbers for a Christian-themed independent film. Roadside Attractions-Lionsgate’s “I Can Only Imagine,” based on the story of the biggest-selling Christian song of all time, is looking at an estimated $15 million for the weekend from 1,629 locations, far outdoing earlier estimates of $2 million-$8 million. Budgeted at just $7 million, “I Can Only Imagine” tells the story behind the hit song of the same name and of Bart Millard, the leader of Christian rock group MercyMe. J. Michael Finley stars as Millard and Dennis Quaid plays his father in the film from directors Andrew Erwin and Jon Erwin, who helmed 2015’s “Woodlawn” and 2014 “Mom’s Night Out.”

“I Can Only Imagine” is benefiting from support from churches and groups as well as from from MercyMe, who have been helping promote the film on social media. Some moviegoers on social media were reporting sell-out crowds in their towns. The pre-Easter period typically sees the opening of several faith-based films: Next week is Sony’s “Paul, Apostle of Christ,” while threequel “God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness,” from Pureflix, will open on Easter weekend. The first two “God’s Not Dead” movies grossed a total $81.5 million.

Other urls found in this thread:

dalrock.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/so-common-no-one-notices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Modern """christian""" movies are a big part of the reason everyone thinks we are idiots.

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11)

And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. (Luke 9:50)

I see commercials for the film everwhere so it must have had alot of help for advertising . Oh and it did not seem like a christian film, i didnt know until now.

Money spent advertised=how much money it makes. Just look at Black Panther, a terrible movie yet it was shilled 24/7 so it made a ton.

Not talking about the trailer of OP but these quotes have nothing to do with the fact that most 'christian' movies are just total shite.
Ostrov and Calvary were both very good movies and liked by the general public.

Never heard anyone use movies as the reason they think we are idiots, it's always evolution and Science! and believing miracles can happen

dalrock.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/so-common-no-one-notices/

99% of all movies are garbage, and mainstream movies have the benefit of budgets and top talents. 99% of Christian movies are bound to be garbage. And there are far fewer Christian movies made. Christianity isn't kosher to the film industry. So good Christian movies are a rare bird. If anything it's surprising there are as many good Christian movies as there are.

Watch this interview with Dennis Quaid and get back to me. I understand Churchianity can be very blue-pilled, but this about Christianity and about our faith in Jesus Christ.

go away Vox

Wow, I can't believe I'm seeing someone use that term unironically. I feel a migrane coming on.

The Lord said:
Since this people draws near with words only
and honors me with their lips alone,
though their hearts are far from me,
And fear of me has become
mere precept of human teaching,

- Isaiah 29:13

Yeah keep hastily thumbing through the Bible to justify parroting the words of an anti-trinitarian heretic

Wow, human teaching and traditions of man much?

Begone satan, for you have no power over Holy Church, True Anointed Christians, the royal priesthood, with her epískoposes, presbyters and deacons, with her leitourgos and hierourges, a true thrsskeia, a true religion.

smh tbh adelphos

Forgive me brothers. I didn't mean to get so emotional over this and I hope this won't be a stumbling block between us. I wasn't arguing against the established Orthodox Church moreso than arguing against American Christianity which I grew up with and become disillusioned, devoid of the hard-hitting themes of the Bible which I believe this movie portrays the real-life hardships that some of us go through. I think it's amazing that this is a true story with a Christian background and not some Hollywood fairy-tale.

Cultural Christianity, amirite?

Attached: paul-apostle-film.jpg (720x1080, 155.18K)

They stole it from us, I hope you know. Christians invented that term to describe cultural Christianity

What words? What anti-trinitarian heretic? This guy didn't quote Dalrock?!?!
You guys seem to be having an argument over something that isn't on this page.

It looks like protty trash, really.

First Reformed looks okay

He's referring to Vox Day not Vox the poz mag.