Earth Shatters Climate Record, Sending Planet Toward 'Worst Case Scenario'

With these new records behind us, scientists are now forecasting that the “worst case scenario,” one in which the planet heats up more than 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial temperatures by the end of the century, is more likely.

April 2018 was the 400th “consecutive month with above-average temperatures” on Earth, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). To clarify, that means December 1984 was the last month the planet had below-average temperatures. It also means we’re headed towards a climate change of 2 degrees Celsius, a number that will have devastating effects on the Earth’s biodiversity.

Not only has Earth reached the milestone of 400 consecutive months of heating up, but last April happened to be the third-warmest April ever recorded globally, according to the NOAA report released Thursday. Carbon dioxide levels also hit another milestone by reaching the “highest level in recorded history at 410 parts per million” last month.

Limiting global warming to just 1.5 Celsius above pre-industrial temperatures would limit the carnage that climate change has on the Earth’s biodiversity. A new study published in Science on Friday found that keeping global warming under 1.5 degrees Celsius would preserve tens of thousands of land-based species of plants, vertebrates, and insects living on the planet.

inverse.com/article/45010-earth-shattered-new-climate-record-400-months-temperature-is-getting-hotter

Attached: noaas-map-of-climate-anomalies-in-april-2018.gif.jpg (700x478, 53.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realclearmarkets.com/articles/2018/04/24/did_you_know_the_greatest_two-year_global_cooling_event_just_took_place_103243.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With these new fears behind us, scientists now fear that the “worst fear scenario,” one in which the planet fears up than fear degrees Celsius above pre-industrial temperatures by the end of the century, is fear likely.

April 2018 was the 400th “consecutive month with above-fear temperatures” on Earth, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). To fear, that means December 1984 was the last month the planet had below-average temperatures. It also means we’re headed towards a climate of fear of 2 degrees Celsius, a number that will have devastating fear on the Earth’s biodiversity.

Fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear fear.

Who cares? The worst case scenario is already in effect and totally out of control…humanity.

OMG goy, pay taxes now for destroying planet

We gotta hurry up and kill the jews quick then.

These are not the same thing. Which is it? This kind of lying word-play is why I can't take you faggots seriously.

Also, if you have 400 consecutive instances above 'average', that tells me your average is wrong. Although without any idea what timespan your 'average' covers, the data is meaningless anyway.

Who are you quoting?

good attitude to have

Mouthbreather detected

I WILL filter any global warming denialist.

Here's the actual image from the article. It clearly says the 'average' was calculated over a 1981-2010 base period. Then it says every month from 1984-2018 has been 'above average'. Unless 1981-1984 were phonomenally cold (like -15 degrees C globally on average) then their 'average' is obviously utter bullshit.

Attached: map-of-april-2018-temperatures.gif.jpg (700x494, 50.88K)

good. It's about time earth rid itself of those parasitic hoomans.

Woot we did it guys, new WR HYYYYPE!!!!!

what moron writes titles like that?

Big aboriginal poo

Nothing inherently bad about a climate shift. Climate shifts before wiped out species, and bred new ones. Difference now is that it's man made and therefore, we need to feel guilty about it. I say no.

Attached: pajeet x cow.mp4 (220x400, 2.41M)

realclearmarkets.com/articles/2018/04/24/did_you_know_the_greatest_two-year_global_cooling_event_just_took_place_103243.html

No, the difference now is that we are one of the species that may be wiped out and unlike all the rest it has happened to so far, we can try to prevent it. There's nothing morally worse about this climate change, but there is a practical difference.

t. Miss Piggy

Global warming cult = global myth started by the Nazi's kept alive by the liberals. You cocksuckers really are stupid as dirt aren't you.

self-correcting problem tbh

Haven't we only been keeping records for the last century or so?

see

Fuck Hitler, you know I'm quoting the implications and facts.

But you can't really say that white people had nothing to do with it. I would think the industrial revolution had a bigger impact than anything any African civilization has ever done.

I be dead in 30 yrs,let alone turn of nest century.
So keep those lectricity and gas prices low
let's burn it