How do you debate this

How do you debate this

Attached: 1521476169687.png (960x960, 669.97K)

what did he say that was wrong?

"There have been nearly 3000 belief systems so far but only yours is true

The others are silly made up nonsense.

But not yours.

Yours is true."

Guessing Gervais is trying to imply that God doesn't exist because "nearly 3000 gods" have been described by various religions.

How odd for him to say something nice for a change

Don't bother debating it. Just say, "You're right!" and move on.

Nah, just get offended. It works for everyone else.

He's actually right though

It's a strange logic using volume and not truth
One can say to him,
There are 3000 liquids that can go in this diesel
engine but I say yes diesel fuel is correct

Look up all know arguments for God, then memorize them. St. Anselm's ontological argument, Descartes Meditations, Aristotle's First Mover, Leibniz' Contingency argument, and all of St. Thomas Aquinas. There are others, but those are some of the strongest in the game (the first two are a priori, I believe the last three I mentioned are a posteriori).

Then arm yourself with all known arguments for the Resurrection, Christ as Logos, etc. Never lose a debate again.

Most modern atheist can't even stand against just the things I mentioned above. If you go further your faith will be so grounded that doubt will take physical effort.

This, posting books related that people should read to arm themselves.

Attached: christian study book guide.jpeg (2560x2739 1.38 MB, 3.35M)

lets not

There are 3000 lies and one Truth

Yes, you are correct.

That quote only bothers you if you're not truly grounded in Jesus Christ. Ironically, God is probably using that fool to separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise, he makes a valid point, lots of forbidden fruits out there.

Sarcasm duly noted:

No, there have been 3,000 gods. God, for Christians, means a specific being with certain attributes. You are not claiming there were 3,000 other beings that claimed the exact same attributes that were false, you are claiming that there were 3,000 things we called "god" that were not "God." Well, that's true, but how does one thing not being another thing prove the other thing not to exist.

I have seen 3,000 rectangles that were not squares in my life to be sure. That does mean squares don't exist.

"god" can mean many things, from a person's ideals or an entity or a combination thereof. The reason we claim our's is the "real" god is because our God is the only one worth worshiping, the creator of the universe. The other gods may be entities (demons, spirits) or represent other ideal but they are not "real" in the sense of being worthy of the capital G.

It's the atheist standpoint that says -all- gods are silly made-up nonsense, I fully acknowledge idolaters are worshiping demons and false spirits that are very real and will do them actual harm.

That argument is so illogical that it borders on insanity.

Oh lol

Krishna, followed by Hindus, Hare Krishnas, and Vaishnavas.

Wait … there may not be 10m+ Hare Krishnas. So, change that to Sikhism.

This. I don't believe that many of what other people worship as "gods" don't exist - they're just worshipping evil spirits.

Why would you debate it it's true, simply thank them for the concession and advise they believe in Christ in light of that fact

There have been millions of different gods worshiped throughout history, not three thousand. Shintoism alone has something like two million kami. This comedian can't even get his facts straight.

diagnose them with gay

The different ways to talk about transcendance doesn't necessarly exclude themself at all.
Maybe he should say:
"There have been 3000 ways to talk about God so far but yours is the more perfect. The others are incomplete revelations, sometimes experimentations of the human rationnality. But not yours. Yours is a revelation of the more secret mysteries of God"

Attached: HolyTrinity.jpg (800x1140, 264.49K)

I'm not sure I have it in me to really bother anymore, OP. Fedoras are determined to be fedoras, and fedoras, no matter HOW you argue, will remain fedoras.

You could point out the reality of Christ, that He lived, died, was resurrected, a resurrection that was witnessed by hundreds, thousands, but he'll only refute that with "He was never dead", and then "they lied", and perhaps "it happened two thousand years ago, we can't believe a propagandists' account from thousands of years ago", and you'll counter with the willing deaths of the apostles "for a lie" and the veracity of the New Testament and the long account of evidences of document, but then he'll argue against those, still insisting that "there's lots of copies of Bhagavad Gita / the Koran / Dan Brown novels; they must also be true" and so on and so on. And when four hours have passed, and he's no more a Christian than you are a fedora, you part ways, pray a little for him, but, my experience, you'll never see him turn, at least not because of something you said.
I know, I know, I should have more faith in God, but I just find fedoras are just so determined to BE fedoras that no amount of truth will actually turn them.

I think, in truth, the only REAL thing you ought to do is make sure they know the Gospel, that they understood it (maybe ask them to repeat it back to you), and then walk away, and when they're all like "B-b-but aren't you going to argue with me, so that I might best thee with my whithering ripostes?!" just say "no", thank them, and tell them to live a long and fruitful life. Not even kidding. If they know the Gospel, maybe the Holy Spirit will use that to crack open their hearts.

But, seriously, arguing with fedoras is like pushing the waterfall back up to the top of the cliff.

Attached: stop-read-this.png (250x250, 7.36K)

what a sweet boy! such a kind statement

This is definitely one of the poorer arguments out there. He's practically saying that because others attempts have failed in the past, yours can't be correct. (Does anyone remember then name for this fallacy. The "Appeal to Probability" comes to mind)

What's funny is you could literally flip this poor argument on Atheism: I.E. There are numerous ideas of how the universe work, but only yours is actually correct. The others are just made up nonsense. But not Atheism.

If you believe Atheism is correct, then DESPITE incorrect alternative ideas of how the world worked in the past, Atheists themselves believe a "correct" solution could still be found, completely undermining their own poorly put together argument. In short, Ricky Gervais is definitely not one of their brightest if this is chosen as his quotable highlight.

Attached: download.png (500x397, 94.17K)

This is true, as I have determined that Fedora is the superior solution for home use.
This is true, Fedora began life as Red Hat, and was reborn as Fedora, and never actually died in the process.
This is blatantly false misinformation, it happened in 2003, only 15 years ago.
This is also misleading. You can make unlimited copies of digital books, but the books themselves can be broadly categorized as "fiction" (made up stories) and "non-fiction" (allegedly non-made up stories)
Might be true. I've tried all the major flavors of linux, including Ubuntu, Arch, and Gentoo. I even use two other types of linux presently, CentOS on my servers, and Gentoo on my x200. My family computers, however, are always fedora. (red hat in the 90s.)
This is an excellent point. Allow me to make sure that you know the good news as well. There is a better, free, way to run your computer, and it's name is Fedora. You do not have to stay bound to MS Wangblows.
The bad news? If you use apple products, just gas yourself, you are far too stupid to exist.

PS: No, it's not GNU/Linux, you fedora wearing faggot.

Polite sage for obvious reasons

Attached: ntIpOoB-fedora-linux-wallpaper.jpg (1600x1200 41 KB, 73.26K)

I'm glad there's topics on this thread everyone can agree with.

Attached: download (4).gif (500x381, 1.8M)

Pretty much this.

Give him some of Tolkien's and Lewis' reasonings for why being a Christian doesn't necessarily make the stories of our ancestors silly made-up nonsense.
This guy knows what's up

Um wrong sweetie. It is GNU/Linux, and RedHat is the cancer that's killing it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-22 03-00-44.png (3000x1688 75.18 KB, 318.51K)

You take your beautiful Jewish-convert wife by the hand and be happy you are raising a family together under Christ

Attached: jewess84.png (724x407, 629.6K)

I'm unamused.
Haven't you got some Bibles to move to the fiction section of the bookstore?

Attached: is-this-guy-serious.jpg (393x500, 33.02K)

This is a common pattern of "all religions" are the same. Because Buddhism and Christianity both have a heaven that they must be saying the same message. This is a loaded an gleefully ignorant question without any real knowledge of the theology of Christianity. Just like it's dangerous to get accurate information from television itself, getting your theology information from celebrities is even worse (especially one with such an blatant atheist bias). The Christian God is unique, it doesn't borrow scripture from other religions, it has it's unique account of established history (like the global flood), it has a unique story of God, as well as a unique ultimate creator God.

If one group is saying it's the true way, and the other on is calling them lies, there are ways to confirm this, especially when you have an entire other group like satanism (which has a brand of atheism as well) that is conveniently there. My advice would be don't debate religion with friends or family, it doesn't work and not everyone believes in their belief system because it's true. Work one sharpening your understanding of Theology itself and confirm what is being told. And stop listening to celebrities or television for your theology.

Attached: The Horus meme from that movie.jpeg (780x423 8.15 MB, 500.84K)