Mystery Babylon

Who is the End Times Babylon?

The United States? The Roman Catholic Church? Mecca? Jerusalem?
Western Civilization as a whole?

Which best fits the description set by the Book of Revelation.

Attached: Whore of Babylon.jpg (720x540, 99.43K)

ur mom lol

The church of the Antichrist - so the community of all sinners, in other words, all non-Christians plus heretics, apostates, schismatics, and mortally sinning Christians.

Note that sinning has cosmic repercussions. When you sin mortally, you make yourself complicit with those who kill Christians.

Ok so how do you… like repent? (This isn't meant to read as agressive or sarcastic. The only thing that is really even controversial is defining schismatic and heretic, and even mortal sin.)

I think its Jews.
They've literally drunk the blood of the saints.

They'll play a major role in rounding up Christians for their master, The Antichrist.

Us.

It's USA.

Attached: b781a198b327d8f098c0ca3ac25421dcb8bfc2eaf01f829c81568d0e063ccae4.jpg (255x155, 8.28K)

It's the mystery schools, religions, and cultures that descended from Babylon.
and many more I'm sure

There are three ways of expounding all the visions of this revelation, from the end of chap. iii. to the end of ver. 10. chap. xx. all of which seem grounded on the opinions of the ancient Fathers.
According to the first, all these visions are only to be fulfilled in antichrist's time, a little before the end of the world.
According to the second, the visions may be applied to particular events, which happened in the first three or four ages, under the persecuting heathens, till by Constantine, and the succeeding Christian emperors, idolatry by degrees was extirpated, and the faith of Christ triumphed over all its enemies, whether Jews or pagans.
According to the third, by the great city of Babylon, is mystically and metaphorically signified all wicked great cities in the world, all the multitude of the wicked dispersed in all nations, their short and vain happiness, their persecutions and oppressions of the good and faithful servants of God, who live piously in this world, and who are called to be citizens of the celestial Jerusalem in the kingdom of God, where he reigneth for ever with his Angels and saints, and where they all reign with him, happy in his sight and enjoyment. Third one is most probable considering what SS Jerome and Augustine.

Of the great harlot. Nothing can be better applied than this epithet to ancient Rome, which had conquered almost all the kingdoms of the known world, as it is said in ver. 18. she is the great city, a kingdom which hath dominion over the kings of the earth; ver. 9. it was built upon seven mountains; ver. 6. was watered with the blood of the saints and martyrs of Jesus Christ; and in fine, ver. 5. it was the great Babylon, as S. Peter, in his first epistle, pleases to call it.

Come, I will shew thee the condemnation of the great harlot, . . . Babylon . . the mother of the fornications. By this harlot, and this Babylon, is signified the multitude of all the wicked of all times and places, who have abandoned themselves to sensual pleasures, and sought for their happiness in riches and worldly grandeur; for this reason she is said to carry on her forehead this inscription, a mystery; that is, to be understood in a mystical sense of all the wicked, who make up as it were one city, as S. Aug. observes, which may be called Babylon, the city of confusion, the city of idolatry, and of all manner of vices.

The beast, that is, the devil, carries her, whose suggestions the wicked follow. He comes out from the bottomless pit. He was, i.e. had a much greater and more extensive power over the wicked world before Christ's coming and incarnation; and he is not, i.e. according to S. Aug. his power hath been much extenuated and lessened since that time. He is bound or chained up for a thousand years, as it is said, c. xx. 2. By which may be understood all the time from Christ's coming, and the establishing of his Christian Church, till the last and severest persecution under antichrist. See S. Aug. l. xx. de Civ. Dei. c. vii. And when he shall come again, and be let loose, as it were, in antichrist's time, he must continue a short while: for all the ancient fathers agree, by the interpretations they give to the Scripture, that antichrist, and consequently the devil with antichrist, must reign but a short time. The scarlet coloured beast, the devil, called the prince of this world, on whom the harlot gilded with gold sat; that is, all the wicked, and particularly all wicked kings and princes, with their worldly greatness, who were drunk with the wine of her prostitution; that is, who abandoned themselves and indulged their passions with all sensual pleasures, and contented themselves with the vain and deceitful happiness of this life; to be convinced of which, the Angel is said to have taken S. John in spirit into a wilderness from the company of the wicked world, the better to see and contemplate the vanity of their short and false happiness.

This woman, this harlot, this Babylon, this multitude of the wicked, especially the heathen persecuting emperors at Rome, and in all other places, (and they who acted against the Christians under them) are said to be drunk with the blood of the saints, and the blood of the martyrs, by putting the Christians, the Catholics and the servants of God to death, from the foundation of the world to its consummation, by the instigation of the beast, the devil. The beast, the devil, is represented with seven heads and ten horns; that is, with many heads and many horns, signified by the numbers seven and ten.
The seven heads, as it is said, v. 9, are seven mountains, and seven kings, i.e. a great many. And also the ten horns, (v. 12.) are ten kings.

Some have taken notice, that the English Protestants print the 5th verse of this chapter in capital letters: Mystery Babylon the great, the mother of harlots, and abominations of the earth. I will suppose that these words are only printed in this manner, because they contain an inscription; as when it is said, that he who was called the word of God, had written upon him, the King of kings, and Lord of lords, which words are also printed in great letters: but if our adversaries do this, to make the Church of Rome to be looked upon as the whore of Babylon, and the pope as antichrist, nothing can be more unfair, nothing more ridiculous, as I may shew on the following chapters.

Since we don't know when the end times will be, it's impossible to know. It could be a nation that has yet to be founded.

What do you mean?

The hebrews became mystery babylon when they committed the ultimate apostacy.

You forgot to capitalize the S.

mods messing with my mind

Well as this user said it is impossible to know the day or the hour mark 13:32. But we can discern the seasons luke 12:42. Let's look at the biblical description in revelation.
revelation 17:18
The women being revelation 17:4-5
Revelation 18:23
So babylon is that great city which ruleth over the kings of the earth, by her sorciereies were all nations decieved, and her merchants were the great men of the earth from a strictly biblical reading. Now lets make the huge assumption that we are near the end of time and the start of revelation and examine OP's suggestions.
Not a city so nope.
They did invent islam and decieved the world thereby, but they rule not over the kings of the earth nor have great merchants.
Not a city so nope.
Not a city again so nope. But let's take it a step further and assume he meant vatican city. It is a city that decieved the world by hiding evidence of biblical jews and it rules of some nations. But its merchants are not the great men of the earth.
>(((Jerusalem?)))
(((Jerusalem))), that is to say babylon, has great (((merchants))) who are also the great men of the earth. By its sorcieries such as (((inventing))) nuclear bombs/ZPO, convincing the nations of the world they are biblical jews when they in fact are fake jews revelation 2:9 that are khazar babylonians of chaldea, the backdooring of all technology, the invention of printing money, the hiding of important historical events such as the holocaust through means such as destruction of archelogical sites, lies, deception, and re-inventing history, and other sorcieries we may be unaware of at this moment. It also is that great city which ruleth over the kings of the earth though means such as blackmail, the printing of money they define the scale and balance of and so falsely do, and deception.

Modern day (((Jerusalem))), which is to say a city full of khazar babylonians who are liars, perfectly fits the biblical description of the whore of babylon assuming we are at the end times.

Attached: b486241bdc4c3c0f2e6827f99a6a693a7fdacb216f683c8855e4a921c3c6c285.png (664x696, 108.57K)

This world is Babylon. This is our Babylon captivity and we are doing what we can to hold on before we get to our heavenly Jerusalem

Once you learn Babylonian symbolism you start seeing it everywhere. I don't mean just on a bumper sticker or a rando tv show, I mean everything everywhere. I'm convinced this planet's real name is Babylon.

/thread sort your mom out, OP

I used to believe this was true, but now I only see the US losing power and influence. Don't get me wrong, the US is still wholly evil and fully controlled by the synagogue of satan. I just don't think it is headed for anything other than total collapse, and hopefully toward righteousness afterward.

What are some good sources to learn about Babylon?

this

Isn't the Antichrist going to rule the world from Jerusalem?
I think the Bible states that End Times Babylon will not be inhabitable again after its destroyed within an hour.

Yeah the Great Satan is sacrificing itself for the Little Satan. They're impoverishing their own citizens to shower billions in foreign aid on Israel, and pumping the desert sands full of the spilled blood of American soldiers to clear land for Greater Israel. They're also destroying Europe in the process. It's amazing to watch America committing suicide to elevate Israel.

Bumping this question, because I too would like to know more about this Mystery Babylon.

Europa is usually depicted riding a bull/beast.

Attached: europaridingbull.jpg (304x293, 16.15K)

There are 7 sacraments, each bestowing grace on you. If you're baptized and committed mortal sin, go to confession. If you're not Catholic, begome

The Bible.

I've read really good arguments that point to Jerusalem and other arguments point to Vatican City.