Judas

What was his problem?

Attached: Judas.jpg (900x653, 404.73K)

too prideful to ask for forgiveness. though he was beyond God’s mercy

thought

Nothing really, though he did what he did and all. I can empathize with him the most out of all the people in the NT, and I sincerely hope there was some kind of forgiveness for him.

Loved God enough to betray his Son and forever be deemed as a traiter just so the prophecy can be completed and we can all be forgiven

Love of money. It's the root of all kinds of evil you know.

He was the most jewish jew to ever live, user.

Thought he knew better than Jesus, figured he could pressure Him into being a Zealot-style warrior-messiah by putting His life in danger. Also, and

That's a good sentiment and all, but

I know that was said, but I hold out hope that he is a Saint and was fully redeemed. The sins he committed are so relatable it's insane to me.

1) Loved money.
2) Broke vows to Christ and sold him out for a cheap thing that in the end has no value (and never did in the first place, so here he also was deceived).
3) Great despair and suicide.

These things I understand the feel of, so I'll hold out hope for his salvation.

Attached: #saintjudasiscar.jpg (800x1067, 226.78K)

God only forgives if you ask Him, and Judas probably never did. Point 3 was probably the actual worst thing he did, because that's what prevented him from asking for forgiveness. Of course, nobody can say that they know 100% for sure who goes to Heaven and who goes to Hell, and for all we know a proper interpretation of Revelation might imply that all the souls in Hell get a second chance at repentance and judgement, so it's not as though praying for Judas is pointless.

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme. But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Can't say I know 100%, but there's a ruddy strong chance old Judas had been told by the Holy Ghost that Christ was the Son of God, seeming as how he was an Apostle.

The apostles weren't told that Jesus was the son of God, they figured that out on their own. Sage for off-topic.

Matthew 16:17- And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Attached: Absolutely Heretical.png (1185x1029, 592.9K)

The absolute state of cathodoxy!

I'll post the rest of the passage
You're right, I could've worded my original post better.

There are really jews on this board.

bored?

Ayyyy, broken-english poster! Where'd you crawl out of? Haven't seen your enraged posts in a while.

Fixed that shit

Attached: b542c18917b58cba55da536cad6c44fe7e7423e0355fdeb8b666a2cce249d7e5.jpg (800x1067, 622.55K)

I get it too. Judas was like a pawn in a way. Jesus knew Judas was going to sell him out even before Judas knew. Did Jesus allow Judas to be damned for eternity? Why did Jesus not intervene and tell Judas? Judas was used as a pawn to complete the prophesy.

I do feel sorrowful for Judas. He probably thought he should precipitate things by giving Christ up to the authorities, and make himself some cash by the way. When he realized that made him guilty of Christ's death, he despaired and killed himself.
We should pray for his salvation, but that doesn't mean he should be recognized as a saint. What he did was exceptionally grave, and holy tradition hasn't canonized him. If anybody stands as an example of what NOT to do, it's Judas, so realistically, his chances of ever being saved are very low.

also thanks for this

Attached: judas icon.jpg (768x1024, 521.5K)

He wasn't really used as more that he sinned of his own will and God used the circumstances for His glory. One of my favorite passages on the issue is this (Origen answering objections to prayer based on the foreknowledge of God and free will):

So he did do what he did, but still I have hope for him as all those impulses are relatable to the whole human experience. And the despair of sin is the most, because sometimes you feel as if God has abandoned you and forgiveness is impossible when you have such extreme remorse for your sin, that you will go to hell and accept that, so you attempt (or do) to kill yourself (out of a mix of shame and fear and guilt).

In terms of rejecting Christ, perhaps. But remember that he gave the money back and felt enough remorse and shame to kill himself. Giveing money back and feeling shame are hardly jewish behaviors.

Suicide in his situation is not a sign of the Holy Spirit working within him, read what the Book of Romans has to say regarding this topic. Also Judas Iscariot was one of Jesus' disciples for a period of time, yet in spite of this he refused to believe and even sold Him out for pieces of silver. None of us have physically encountered Jesus Christ yet, in spite of this we all believe. Jesus said blessed are those who have not seen, yet have believed.

LOL

Attached: 1385891938897.jpg (366x464, 36.14K)

What if he chose not to betray jesus?

he was literally a sola fideist.

He's fucked m8. Learn from his example though.

Jesus was fully forgiving sins before the resurrection, his crucifixion was something he accounted for, not depended on

all the apostles were

salvation is by faith alone.
judas' actions or inactions don't figure into the final calculation. see protestant mental gymnastics

mad gainz before bitcoin.

He was Catholic

I'll just leave this here

greed

satan what u doing on Zig Forums