"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind." Numbers 23:19

"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind." Numbers 23:19
Uh, guys? What did he mean by this?

Attached: EA8C5027-0720-4780-8191-FF9FD0B3CC26.png (1440x2560, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

studybible.info/interlinear/Numbers 23:19
youtube.com/watch?v=cUFJ1yVhJ6g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But Christ calls himself the son of man all the time?

Except a good Christian would take his time to explain his views no matter who is asking

He would speak in parables to protect the spiritually unready from judgment. Son of man was a unique enough designation such that the perceptive would catch onto it and look deeper, while the previously mentioned ignorant could just brush it off like most everything else and still remain guiltless. Further, it's a very true statement.
Genesis 1:27- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I'm no bible scholar though, those are just my two nickels.

No biblical support to this. Only humans are said to be made in image of God.
no
Santa Claus would like to have a word with you
no

Thanks man really

God forbid, stop browsing pol and go pray for a long time please.

now tell me will God kill people in the end times for eating unclean meat like he prophecies?
Or did he lie and change his mind?

If you dont believe me, read the scripture in context, I gave you the location. I believe God more than the teachings of man. And now Jesus and the apostles never spoke in favor of eating unclean meat

Matthew 15:11 That which goeth into the mouth, defileth not the man, but that which cometh out of the mouth that defileth the man.

Is OP's reading comprehension really this bad?

its all about context
This still has nothing to do with unclean meat, and who teaches otherwise is a deceiver and liar

a son of man (flesh and bones, ordinary fella). I'm not sure what OP tries to say

Attached: 6687537993437.jpg (234x232, 12.65K)

Numbers 23:19 is clearly talking about God's character. Can't extract knowledge of His ontology from that.

Attached: Screenshot_۲۰۱۸۰۳۲۲-۱۲۴۵۳۹.png (1080x1183, 146.45K)

Could mean God the Father. God the Father isn't the Son of Man

wew, what website is this?

Don't remember, but you'll find it if you look up a bible verse followed by "greek interlinear" or something like that.

Talkin' about God the Father bro.

studybible.info/interlinear/Numbers 23:19 Found it.

it means that God is truthful and immutable in contrast to fallen sinful man

God [is] not a man – and lieth, And a son of man – and repenteth! Hath He said – and doth He not do [it]? And spoken – and doth He not confirm it? (YLT)
God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (KJV)
God is not as man to waver, nor as the son of man to be threatened; shall he say and not perform? shall he speak and not keep to his word? (Brenton Septuagint)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (536x575, 81.97K)

But it says he is no man, so how can you say Christ is literally God then? You can’t after reading this

Are you intentionally ignoring all the posts in the thread that explain how you're misreading the line?

See
Notice that word, “ως”

Pls, Christ calls himself son of man all the time, that means he is “as the son of man” if you believe what Jesus Christ himself literally says, that is.

A son of man =/= the Son of Man. Just like a son of God isn't the same thing as the only begotten Son of God.

reading comprehension skills: 🍔/10

Even if Jesus is a son of man he didn't lie and was sinless and didn't have to repent. so the verse must mean mere man, there is still no contradiction.

YOU have bad reading skills, “god is not a son of man, that he should change his mind”

I never said he had to repent??

No it must not; because God is not a deceiver, he tells us he is not a son of man, plain and simple; but somehow hundreds of years after Christ lived people start to claim he was God - amidst a pagan empire where the followers of Jesus were persecuted for hundreds of years and nobody believed them. I do not buy it man, I do not buy this Doctrine, God is not a liar.(USER WAS WARNED FOR RULE 3: DENYING THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST)

Jesus is the son of man as his first ancestor before Mary is, obviously, Adam. Very very obvious to every Jew but probably not to pagans of the Roman Empire.

Numbers 23:19 contains the pure monotheism of God for everyone who is open to it - you can tell yourself lies about my reading comprehension but this verse stands until the world ends and I shall be a monotheist till my body dies just like Jesus Christ was.

even if we use ' change' there is still no contradiction

the word in question can also be rendered repent. see also pic (cannot upload same file twice):

Except he didn't lie
There is no fullstop you cannot prooftext. he is contrasting himself to fallen man.

not

To have reading comprehension skills, you have to be able to grasp meaning and intention, not mere symbols. See:

Numbers 23:19 is, firstly, preincarnate. So even if it meant what you think it meant, it would have no bearing on whether the incarnate Christ was both God and Son of Man.

Secondly, Numbers 23:19 is a statement about God's character, that He does not waver under pressure and He keeps His promises unconditionally, unlike men who buckle under pressure and who change their minds. It is not a statement about the ontology of Christ.

and thirdly, this verse number reminded me of this fucking scene youtube.com/watch?v=cUFJ1yVhJ6g

I read some very convincing statements here, thanks guys