Best way to receive the Eucharist?

I know the valid ways but I want to know the superior way to receive.

If I'm at a novus ordo service and in the line in the aisle, can I get on both my knees to receive on the tongue?

How do people receive in the eastern, oriental and Assyrian rites?

Attached: 18444996492_2d738a3d33_k-660x350.jpg (660x350, 84.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Tridentine_Mass
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_Communion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In a Protestant church

I usually do that when I take it…the priest the first time thought I was fainting, by the look in his eyes.

THAT'S IDOLATRY

Baptist*

You don't even need to get on both knees. Just open your mouth and don't put out your hand if you want it directly on the tongue. I've seen it several times before at differeng parishes I've visited. I think kneeling is great, but I fear it may draw attention to yourself, which of course we should avoid, as Mass is not about us but about Christ.

I've been to many Lutheran services where the laity still kneel and receive on the tongue. Weird that in some ways, the Lutheran Divine Service is more high church than the Roman Catholic Novus Ordo (celebrant faces the altar, kneeling for the Eucharist, etc.)

There is no good way to receive communion at a novus ordo. Sacrilege everywhere

We dont kneel to bring attention to us. We do it to show reverence to Jesus king of kings. Will you not kneel if you saw Jesus in the Resurrection because it will draw attention to you?

This

Yes. I do that.

I don't know how Eastern Catholics do it, but…
Orthodox just walk up to the chalice, receive the Body and Blood from the spoon, and that's it. They don't kneel or anything.
Russians keep their arms crossed over their chest when in line and while receiving, maybe semi-kneeling while receiving.
Ethiopians keep their hands in front of their mouth until they have completely consommated the Body and Blood.

First of all: If you are an actual faithful Catholic I advise you to stop calling the ordinary form of the mass "novus ordo". That's a term coined by critiques of the reform and it has since gotten hold with schismatics and heretics such as SSPX. Second of all, it doesn't matter. But if you prefer to receive Him with your tongue your best bet is to tell the priest shortly before the mass (or tell him in general) so that he won't be confused or something - provided that receiving Him with your hands is largely prevalent. Otherwise just kneel (but you don't have to) and open your mouth without raising your hands - he'll probably understand.

Posts are to be made in the spirit of charity on this board. If you want banter and shit up threads, go to one of the thousands of bait threads instead of the view actual quality threads.

fuck off SSPX hitler, see what I wrote above

Depends on where you are. I can't tell for many but for Ukrainians, they receive both blood and flesh from a chalice via spoon.

Yes, do it on the tongue. Even when I go to mass where they take the eucharist in their hand I take it on the tongue while bending my knees, it doesn't bother people, and it's more respectful for God.

Ortho here
is right. I cross my arms and kinda kneel when receiving both body and blood from a spoon and chalice. Usually, I'll say "The servant of Christ, (my name)," and the priest replies, "(my name), servant of Christ". He says some things after, but I cannot recall them for the life of me at the moment

Maybe "communes to the Body and Blood of Christ"?
One of my two priests just says "the Body and Blood of Christ."
My other priest says "The servant of the Lord (name) communes to the Body and Blood of Christ."

Yeah, that's it! You pegged it

One can see in all of these texts a repeated insistence on the newness or novelty of the new liturgy in regard to both form and content, and even the literal expression "novus ordo." Hence it is perfectly legitimate to speak of a "novus ordo missae," that is, a new order of the Mass.-Paul VI

All these people in this thread acting like it's abnormal to kneel when receiving communion. Do you not face a rail? Every parish I've ever been a part of has had a rail and receiving on the tongue was even common. I'm starting to think I was just blessed to be born into a trad diocese though.

Wew lad

They recieve in the hand and blood from the chalice separately
Goto 52:26

Don't receive from an extraordinary minister (i.e., the normal laypeople who are giving out the eucharist) and DON'T receive from female extraordinary ministers. Receive from priest or deacon, and receive on tongue.

If you can't receive from priest or deacon, receive it on the tongue or hand, in my opinion, according to your personal discretion.

Pardon me, I was being unclear. What I meant to say in the last sentence is, if you LITERALLY can't access the priest, then receive begrudgingly from Extraordinary Ministers, and receive it on the tongue if you think they know how to do it, or on hand if you feel that's more appropriate. Never do the full kneel to someone who is not a priest, in my opinion.

Plain wrong. Have you ever seen an actual conservative Mass of the ordinary form ? Because according to what you're saying you didn't as you're solely repeating schismatic memes over and over. It is precisely called the ordinary form of the Mass of the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church. Nothing more and nothing less. Whenever you purposefully repeat "novus ordo", you're purposefully disrespecting Pope Benedikt XVI. and the whole of the Church. Also
Of course. Keep your delusion to yourself, please, this is a thread about the Holy Eucharist.

Shitting up a good thread on purpose and out of malicious intent and being angry at the people shitting up a good thread is the same now. I see. Again, gtfo if you have nothing to contribute.

And why is that ? Apparently the Church is allowing it - obviously. Why would you consider yourself smarter than the scholars and lawyers of the Church ? You know where that extraordinary minister-thing comes from, right ? From a lack of ordained people. So what you could do is advise people to join the seminary rather than giving people advice on a matter that is absolutely clear as per Church. Furthermore, are you even an actual believing Catholic ? Because you don't - you NEVER - receive the Holy Eucharist that is CHRIST begrudgingly, no matter the reason as long as the person handing it out is authorized and approved to do so ? You should be rejoicing to be able to do so.

I don't see an anathema attached to saying novus ordo so I will still say it. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things where the term keeps having to be changed to not be offensive because the underlying principal itself is bad, just like how technical labels for the disabled are changed.

It does matter how you receive for in matters of worship Everything matters and there is a perfect way to worship.

Why don't easterns, Assyrians and orientals kneel or genuflect or profound bow before the Eucharist? In the Latin rite laity are strongly recommended to do a sign of adoration to the eucharist. Do other rites not do this?

You called the SSPX Hitler, you don't belong here.
That was a quote by Paul VI

Again, I can only speak for the Byzantines here.
Kinda hard to genuflect when receiving from a spoon.

But also, genuflecting is a uniquely Latin tradition. That's about it. Others have their own ways of being reverent toward the Eucharist.

Also, we already bow before the Eucharist during the epiklesis.

come on now

Op here. I received communion on my knees and on the tongue. Should I receive the blood on my knees too though? I genuflected and then drank it standing.

Want to be a good Catholic but do not like the Vatican 2 heresies? Go to a Tridentine Latin Mass. Its the traditional RCC mass that was created as a response to The 2nd Vatican council.

Sure, the Latin may be intimidating but most Churches will have pamphlets that translates the Latin prayers and the Homily will be in your native language.

The Vatican also recognizes Latin Mass to be in Communion with the RCC. Something to look into, OPanon

wikipedia.org/wiki/Tridentine_Mass

Attached: 270px-Missa_tridentina_002.jpg (270x362, 39.85K)

Had to go to novus ordo today, I did not go to communion since the only person I could get communion from was a woman. Do I have to go to confession?

Probably not, but speak with your director about it, or ask in confession. If anything your intent incriminates you rather than the fact that you refuse to receive the Blessed Sacrament from anyone other than a priest. I am the same.

But what do you mean "the only person"? Was the priest not giving it out?

I was in the back row and I think the priest was done with his section. Thank you for the advice, I will do that!

You are welcome!
I see. If I ever find myself in that situation I will usually switch "queues" to get to the priest, even if this means going to the very end, just so I won't receive from an extraordinary minister.
Don't worry too much, but as I say, do discuss it with a spiritual director, and follow his advice.

Hey guys I'm not baptised and my padre instructed me to cross my arms when I go up to receive a blessing which is what I've been doing. I looked this up and apparently its not supported by church law. I did it in a couple other countries and in a few it wasn't recognized, the younger priests didn't know what to do.
I asked a priest when I was in Greece about it and he said theres confusion because in some countries people just cross their arms even when they're baptised but he still recommended I do the cross.

What should I do? I want to do what I've been recommended but I also don't want to contravene church law. I'm Roman Catholic btw.

There is no need to receive the blood . Christ is full present in every particle of the bread.

The Vatican has allowed it so that anyone can recieve communion however they like: in the hands or on the tounge, kneeling or standing.

However, the Vatican made it clear that the "proper" way, and the preffered way to recieve it is kneeling and on the tounge. The ability to recieve it in the hands and standing is a dispensation that only applies to a few western countries. They created this dispensation with the condition that anyone can recieve the Eucharist any way he or she pleases, and it is entirely up to individual discretion.

Priest's, deacons, and extraordinary ministers of the Eucharist understand this rule as part of their training. So it wouldn't surprise them at all if someone were to kneel and stick out their toungue to recieve the Eucharist. They would know what to do.

There may be some more traditional parishes (like Latin mass communities) who refuse to give people Eucharist in the hands, only kneeling and on the tounge. This is breaking the rules, but it isn't as serious, since, as mentioned, on the tounge is the preffered way anyway. If someone goes the other way, and refuses to give people eucharist on the tounge and only in the hands, this would be much more scandelous, and the issue should be taken up with the bishop.

It is better to just sit in the pew and engage in "Spiritual Communion"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_Communion

Or just pray for unity.

The whole "crossing your arms" thing to get a blessing is rather pointless, since the whole church recieves a blessing from the priest during the closing rites anyway. I always understood it as a thing that children do when they have to accompany their parents to the communion line.

REGULARLY.

Usually in thise situations I would bow my head when I approach the preist and tell him "Padre, im not baptised please bless me" and he will make a sign on the cross on your forehead.

I make the sign of the cross and kneel and receive the Eucharist on my tongue. People/ministers find it odd to start with but get over it. Just ignore what other people think, remember you're kneeling because it's Christ, your God, your King so don't feel obligated to receive it in the hands like everyone else just because its the norm.

That is good advice.

Easterns think kneeling is bad and is a sign of being a slave