The Bug Out Bag

So let's say hypothetically I have myself stuck in a major city in a blue state for a little while with no vehicle for familial reasons beyond my immediate control, and I want to construct a bugout bag in case there is a SHTF scenerio Or I just get disgusted by city life and want to walk away.

I understand the basics of emergency prep but I am looking for the ideal loadout for an urban kit tooled for escaping a city on foot and I know you guys would have some good ideas. I am especially interested in food/water suggestions, as lugging around a rucksack of beans and plastic jew bottles of water do not strike me as ideal when trying to quickly gtfo one of these hellholes.

tl;dr - Post bugout bag loadouts

Attached: bag.jpg (700x366, 62.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/watch?v=H-PubIM6O_4
invidio.us/watch?v=1jSHwaOR_eo
invidio.us/watch?v=-cEVatzkAO4
invidio.us/watch?v=h1cCtApECOE
amazon.com/Exotac-fireSLEEVE-Ruggedized-Waterproof-Lighter/dp/B01C97H2ZM
amazon.com/Zippo-Pocket-Lighter-Black-Matte/dp/B0017T2LQY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546699531&sr=8-3&keywords=zippo lighter
cms.bleedingcontrol.org/class/search
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cliff bars, protein bars, or some other form of compact, high-calorie food is going to be good for a bugout bag–your main concern is to just hold you over until you find a more permanent solution. If you want other examples try to find out the kind of thing backpackers buy or make, as their needs are similar to yours. Similar with water, you want to stay on the move and in a city you're surrounded by sources of potable water, so prioritize a hydration bladder over a purification system. However, if a filter system is really important to you I know Sawyer makes one that can fit inline to a hydration pack.
So to make your bag, I'd suggest looking for a cyclist's pack or day backpacker's pack that comes with a hydration pack to use as your actual bag. These also have the advantage of looking like packs that normies carry with them every day, so you shouldn't stand out carrying one either.
Knife and multitool should be on your person, in your pockets as part of your EDC rather than in the bag. Besides that, a basic first-aid kit, that you know how to use. If you can't get a first aid kit, at least some bandages and moleskin for blisters. Rope or cord, ideally synthetic so it won't rot. Spare bootlaces, or just get a cord narrow enough to act as bootlaces. A flashlight. Your gun if you can't/won't carry on you. If the state is so blue you can't have a gun, a collapsible baton. Stormproof matches, or a magnesium fire starter if you know how to use one effectively. If you have room after all this, get a baggie of cotton balls or, dry bark, or some other firestarter material. And if you can afford to, stick some emergency cash in there. Not every chimpout is a total SHTF, after all, so you might need it.

Attached: How2baton.png (1350x699, 140.64K)

The best bug out bag I've ever seen by someone who knew what he was doing was a typical looking fannypack hanging on the wall within arms reach where he usually sits. Didn't look out of place and nobody would give a second glance seeing him wearing it out in public.

Enjoy your soy. A jar of peanut butter packs more protein and calories in a denser volume while costing next to nothing and I'm talking real peanut butter that has oil separation in it not the type that has 20% sugar by weight.

Agreed that a knife should always be on your person but I'd prioritize a lighter over a multitool.

I agree that protein bars are crap, but peanut butter, really? if you're eating just peanut butter, won't you get constipation? how are you going to eat it, with a spoon? what if you get peanut butter all over yourself?

how about some beef jerky and granola?

Pemmican, hardtack, and portable soup is all you need. Maybe homemade chili blocks too.

I don't know what the poles put in them but Pancerwaffles are gourmet af.

Attached: 7948520_164.jpg (557x525, 23.82K)

Trail mix is a good, calorie dense food that keeps well when packed properly. That plus a couple packs of jerky and water is a pretty good way of keeping alive.

They are delicious as fuck, try to use the jam on them or maybe some canned meat and its god tier meal

Good taste.

You've done us proud once again, Serbia. Peanut butter autist is best autist.

Attached: 1294905914770.jpg (600x326, 37.99K)

You better grab yourself some plates that will stop an entire magdump of 5,56 or else it was good knowing you. Burgers had difficulties fighting in simple sandnigger towns against 70 IQ monkeys armed with AKs. Imagine what it would be like being stuck in an american mega-city against competent turboautists armed with $6,000 custom rifles, level IV armor plates, explosives, etc.
Food and other shit should be the least of your worries in a city. Number 1 priority is to arm yourself as if you were preparing to wrestle with a tank.

Attached: download.jpg (600x394 60 KB, 44.08K)

also make sure to not be retarded and leave your back exposed. Stick a plate there too. You never know when a little bitch will attempt to unload an entire mag on your back

Don't forget to wear a ballistic mask and cover your shins and forearms as well. You're no use to anyone with a busted wrist or tibia, after all. In fact, the closest to this that you can get, the better.

Attached: Deathwing.jpg (620x348, 17.94K)

This but unironically

They make breathing and vision poor.
Ballistic masks will only prevent pistol calibers from destroying you and at that point it's still basically game over, you'll at best be likely knocked unconscious and left vulnerable.
Helmet for nods and basic front back plates is what you need, side plates if you're in a vehicle.

Autist Chan! Been too long since I last thought about her.

I just saw this guy’s take on it and I like a lot of what he proposes.

I carry 1/4-1/3 of body weight and am definitely not incognito, but I do appreciate some of his points.
Sage for PS post

Oh fuck, good idea. I'll make a couple of bricks of that shit this weekend.

Posts like these remind me of why I love this board. Sadly, if I could afford that shit, I wouldn't need it, because I could use that money to gtfo of this shithole long before things even went pearshaped.

Attached: db0ae68688f32d3cea986be7cbc9210e68b73506bb41fe3d9e7f38d04a7a28e1.jpg (820x546, 49.65K)

If I could have a terminator suit of armour I'd be willing to fucking live in it.

Imagine just walking down tha streetz after bustin caps in asses with yo' homies when you hear a big ass thumpin' and suddenly yo' homeboy's head is turned into clam chowder by a huge metal fist. You'd turn to put a bullet in him only to find seconds later your hips and legs are 50 meters away from your upper torso courtesy of his bolter.

As for a strictly urban situation.

10/10 would operate with.

Attached: 9efad7e4e1aab9c5c2dc1eb8f1568bb040b636b00ae6b8d608f879f95db78852.jpg (440x440, 16.19K)

I'm in the people republic of california and things are getting strange. Almost open season on conservatives, more and more foreigners everyday, lots of Chinese, very noticeable from 2 months ago when I left, now I'm back and honestly on edge.

My go bag is ammo, water, medical, food, misc(phone charger, cash, gun oil) in that order. It's a 15lt backpack and I can hike forever with it.

I agree on the AA and AAA standard batteries, I've tried to avoid any "exotic" but my steiner takes a cr123 as well as a few watch batteries for illuminated optics.

An AK bayonet with its scabbard could work well for both of these uses.

I love AK bayonets, but they are not great knives nor are they good for cutting thick or hardened lines. I would recommend AK bayonets for folks running inna woods, mostly because its a great trowel. OR you already have an AK to mount it on.

Peanuts are the ultimate bugout snack

Raw peanuts? In shell? Butter? Explain yourself please.

Attached: AE708ABA-D307-4F83-9C52-03C039351442.jpeg (480x480, 41.24K)

Bugout should have enough compact food to last a week

This but ironically

If in an urban area, remember tradecraft:

Blend in, not stand out. Might not be easy if you're in dindu territory.

Concealed pistols are your friends. See "blend in". If you need to use it, use it lots. Have at least two spare magazines loaded and at least 50 rounds in kit.

Claw hammer. For nigger skulls, padlocks, door jambs, etc.

Keep away from crowds. If caught up in one, move to the outskirts of the crowd.

The most direct path is road blocked and/or barricaded. Go around, quietly.

Clawhammer works on niggers but opening a door with a pipe wrench is much easier

Basically this.
I would ass however
depending on physical exertion and the climate/temperature you may need up to 3 gallons of water a day to stay properly hydrated.
now 3 gallons is likely to run ~24lbs which is a bit much, but try to aim for at least a gallon or a half if you gotta go fast.
another idea that could serve you well is to use a wheelbarrow style contraption to help you carry lots of shit far and fast. think along the lines of what ww2 mortar teams used to carry their shit.
depending on temps you may need to dress lighter or thicker, if your stuck in LA somewhere your best bet for clothing is going to be something reminiscent of a rhodie's outfit, very light shorts/trunks (like marine corps silkies) and a light button up cotton t-shirt, also make sure the color scheme goes with the palette of your area. also you will want to dress relatively light anyways if you will be moving a lot as you will quickly overheat if your wearing too much shit. another note is to remove every reflective/neon shit from your clothes, tracksuits often come with these, either cut it out or sharpie over it, the last thing you need to be is attention catching.
light combat boots would be best. running shoes are good for obvious reasons, but they provide little protection and support for your foot and ankle, if you step in a hole your gonna want something that is resistant to ankle snapping. plus a good pair will help vent your feet so you don't get trench foot after days of travel
know the area, know what resources are available and where in case you need to re-up on things like water. know where the niggy parts of town are, they may or may not be safe to travel through, although that depends if the nig horde moves to other areas,
just remember to get calorie and protein dense foods, canned meat and fish serves this purpose well, but try to avoid spam as it will dehydrate you and it is rather bulky for its level of protein. also keep in mind the smell, a can of fish will reach many noses, even those seafood averse.
a shovel can always come in handy, typically for hitting nigs and of course digging, most urban areas have SOME level of diggable land, sub-urban has even more, use this in case you need to hide something valuable/a body, or if you need to fortify a position. consider a set of utility keys, or tools which can act in effect of those. pliers, screwdrivers, hex keys and other things can work wonders for accessing places. also consider a 3 or 4 pronged throwable hook with rope attached for elevating your position quickly.
you can bic lighters for about ~1 a piece, so you can easily carry several lighters, keep a stash in your pack incase your feeling generous (this applies subjectively as generous may imply helping a fellow white or burning down city blocks, its really up to your best judgement)
protect your vital areas, primarily your neck, groin, and gut, these are where the worst wounds will occur and are most likely to occur. you can easily do this with some kind of thin metal plating/leather or thick cloth. it will likely still hurt like a bitch if you get hit, and it probably wont stop a bullet, but if your a poorfag, its your best bet for preventing abrasions and punctures from knives, shrapnel, or just sharp and ragged objects in general, also consider your wrists and joints, as there is major bloodflow in those areas aswell

some other common tips would be avoid crowd of any size, avoid open areas, including long stretches of roads, stick to concealed areas, such as in between structures and somewhat wooded areas where people wont be able to see you for at least 50yds, also try to look like normalfags by wearing a basic bitch school bag in subdued colors

For waterproof matches

Clear nailpolish.

???????????//

but for real, where did they say that? or even imply that?

Padlocks yes. The claw end gets into door jams easier than a pipe wrench, though.

Attached: autogyro.jpg (3500x2333, 5.41M)

I don't live in a city, but I do have to commute to my workplace which is in one, and I keep a "Get Home" bag there. It's a little different than a Bug Out bag in philosophy because while the BOB focuses on long term survival in a situation where you can't expect the niceties of regular civilization, the GHB focuses on quick movement by foot to a location where you have supplies or a proper BOB stored. The distance I commute would take 1.5-2 days to travel by walking given terrain, population density, and a focus on avoiding major throughfares, so I plan for that.

All of these fit in the bag I mentioned earlier with a little bit of room to spare. Weather rarely changes drastically from day to day where I live, so if it's cold I'll already be bringing a jacket to work and I can layer with the extra shirt if need be. I can walk out the door without having to throw shit together at the last minute with a backpack weighing under 18 lbs that looks like the average bookbag college students wear around here, with my canteen in a side pocket and get home without people immediately noting me down as "Mug this man for military gear and survival goods".

Also OP, whatever plan you follow, make sure you do test hikes with said bag on. There's no point having the bag if you can't even hump it a third of the distance you'll need to walk. I go on monthly hikes with the pack to make sure I can carry it for long distances and which also help me to go through it and see if anything's expired or needs changing (Smart Water bottles are like 1.50 for the 1.5L so it's pretty cheap to throw out the old ones and put in the new ones).

This…This seems to be an interesting solution, as my bugout plan has always been to get to the family cabin in the mountains, but this would certainly expedite the process, not to mention be fun as hell in the mean time.

Why has nobody here considered lockpicks? I know it's a lot easier to just smash into a place and get the shit but keep in mind that you can use lockpicks on every kind of lock, even tumblers for lockers. It's a quieter, less strenuous way of getting into a place and you can even save the locks and chains from gates or lock the door behind you to make it harder for people to follow. It takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes to open a lock using the rake method but if you practice you can get consistently faster using a lifter of your choice. Not only all of this, but they take virtually no space at all.

Just get an electric lock pick m8

Why the fuck would you ever carry something electric in a SHTF scenario when you could spend 2 weeks of your time reading a book on how to use the actual tools?

Just use ther,ite, m8. Fits in any lock and has more uses. Not a waste to learn lockpicking and carry them but they really can be made with some wire and a hammer extremely easily.

Or just carry both. Or just the wiggly one thing and a tensioner, they work just as fine in cheaper locks. Also, shims.

So what you're suggesting is to carry around thermite, which is a moderately hard to source consumable resource and does the same job as breaking the lock with a pry bar or cutters? Why? Why would you ever use thermite for anything but burning through a shitload of metal? The whole reason you learn lockpicking which we both agree on is so you can carry the basically weightless 3 picks and tension wrench you actually need to open most locks. It conserves a lot of space compared to bolt cutters and even a jar of thermite.

It's literally rust and foil mixed together. Really dude. There's more to it but these are its basic components.
A stick full of termite capable of burning through any chain, most lock shackles and door hinges weights 1/10th of that and takes less space. Plastic cases from sharpies work great, as well as drug bottles/containers. Unless you're going to devote time to search and keeping a stockpile somewhere you won't haul a bulky steel thing around.
A shitload of metal requires a shitload of termite. Though now that i think about it, some coolant spray(or whatever the thing's called) and a hefty hitting tool would work great too. Just freeze the shackle and then smash it with your hammer when it gets brittle. Also works for lock pins and other insides but that can be complicated.
I don't know what about you but where i like most people keep either lever type of locks or disc tumbler ones, with the type you're going to pick being common only among hanging locks that are used for garages and suburb or rural houses and the disc ones are still being more common. For disc locks you could get a pick, ok, or a ram thing that pulls the mechanism out like in these lockpicking videos, but it's a bit bulkier and heavier, while lever ones i'm unsure about at all.
It's for you to decide what to carry but if you know you'll be able to get some use of breaking in you might want something more than a thing that can hopefully open some of the cheaper locks you encounter you might want something to help you in all other situations, especially if it works universally and can effectively aid destructive measuers.

And this is how I know you don't know how to make thermite. It's a lot more complex than rust and foil. Reactions require an oxidizer and a fuel and the impurities matter a shitload. You're trying to make a high temperature mixture not a fucking party trick.
Still not as little as a set of picks, I don't even know what picks weigh because I'd need a scientific scale.
If you knew as much about locks as I did you'd know that it doesn't matter what kind of mechanism it has. If it opens with a physical key, it can be opened with a pick. It's just a matter of construction and manufacturing inconsistencies that makes this possible and barring some space-alien technology this won't change.

Bruh invidio.us/watch?v=H-PubIM6O_4
Where did i imply that you shouldn't carry picks, you dense motherfucker?
What a douche
In theory, it doesn't. In practice - go on, try to pick a disc lock with your shitty picks.
Looks like someone who doesn't know shit about locks is you here. Clearly not all locks currently existing are pickable with modern tools and clearly most that are aren't pickable by some stupid fag like you.
Go on then, go try to pick a lock you don't know with the tools you don't have.

>Bruh invidio.us/watch?v=H-PubIM6O_4
Yeah, see how pure that rust is? You couldn't just grab a random pipe off the ground and shave it. It takes a little refining.
The implication is made in your argument of superior tools but fair, maybe I'm too autistic for this one.
It's Zig Forums man everyone talks like a knowitall.
In theory it does. While I will concede that a disc lock is harder, if it relies on pins and opens via a key they CAN get stuck on the shearline. A different tool like an 8-pin finger pick or a disc-picking tool might help you, but the fundamental process is similar and can be achieved with regular lockpicks if you have the patience and understanding on how to manipulate the individual pins.
Barring some ridiculous shit I don't know about, if it uses pins it can be picked.
I relish the opportunity to learn from a challenge, so I think I will.

I'm gonna double post here so I can correct myself a bit: Discs and pins are different, but I moreso meant the general idea of a pin which is that they align with a mechanism to allow entry, meaning they can be individually manipulated. If you had the know-how of a false gate's feedback or even just bypassed the copper structure piece at the end of the lock by force you could get through even an Abloy with a little luck. I am talking about the fundamental design of a mechanism's ability to be manipulated.

I never said you can, my sttement was that these are the basic components. It doesn't mean you'll do it like that - you won't be able to ignite it without that torch, for starters. Still, to get your basic termite you'll only need some rust that you can refine into perfect reagent using nothing but fire and some soda and file some aluminum scrap turned into small pieces with a file. Al rich alloys will do too. This one will be hard to ignite so you can add some al powder for your convenience. From that the possibilities are endless: use superphosphate instead of rust and you'll get cooler mixture that creates highly toxic gas if you add water, make transitioning mixture that ignites easier and then ignites hotter stuff in turn, tightly press the thing in the container for more intense reaction, etc.
Destructive methods are superior to non-destructive as they are easily scalable, don't require special skills from the user and can be applied universally. The only reason to not use them is lack of appropriate resources or need to preserve the obstacle - be it stealth or convenience. It doesn't mean you shouldn't use what fits better.
Sure, it doesn't mean that you'll get through a quality lock with your handmade picks in a lifetime. Especially since some locks require a special tensioner that you won't have. Check this out invidio.us/watch?v=1jSHwaOR_eo .

Yeah, there are no "unpickable" locks like there are no "unguessable" passwords, but cyber security proves it even better - to achieve the desired result you'd very likely to need around few hundred lifetimes of the current universe. But you can try to, the infinite monkey theorem does apply.

Also, to all streloks interested, here's a great example of a practical solution to applying termite. It actually was mentioned in the book i use but i never git to it in discussion and found this vid. Just ignore the annoying music.

Because we're thinking of a light-weight bugout situation, things like crowbars and cutters and torches should only be carried if they are going to provide you with an immense advantage such as in an urban environment. My problem with seeking thermite at all is that its hard to source and compose, then ignite those materials and they don't last forever so they're not reliable. I mean you're right, you could grind down iron and aluminum foil into thermite but I'm thinking from the perspective of someone in the field and the sort of materials they would find. Some stray pipes and kitchen aluminum foil is all you could get your hands on and there's no way you're carrying a torch around just in case you get to use it.
You are right, breaking a window is always easier than picking the front door, but preserving the obstacle is helpful and knowledge weighs nothing. Gear is great for the man that doesn't know what he's doing, but Zig Forumsommandos SHOULD know what they're doing. I think learning about mechanisms and machines is worth the effort.
The special tensioner makes it easier but its still doable, I learned from a video called 'lockpicking for the new millenium' that demonstrated the difference between opening special locks with a tool vs not using the tool and just using a lifter and tension rod. The good news is both the disc lock tool and finger pick are lightweight. Not only that, but disc locks are also super rare. Most people don't bother picking locks because like you said, destructive methods require no training and that's what most thieves have, no training. Otherwise they could be a locksmith instead of a thief. We mostly use 6 pin tumblers in america and they're on virtually everything. Even cars are just 6 pins but double sided and can be opened either with normal picks or you can commence the jiggling.
I'll concede to you, because time is of the essence. If I saw a disc lock in a field situation I'd forget about stealing the motorcycle without an anklegrinder or something.

Not really. Only if you don't know what you're doing. Get some al powder, bake some rust in a pan with soda and you've got good termite that will ignite well without any rare stuff like magnesium. You can ignite it with some easily made powder out of sugar and potassium nitrate. All can be bought without any suspicion or prepared at home with no special tools. We could even make some pic guidelines. I've got some excellent material for that, unfortunately it's in Russian only so it's not of much use for you even though i did once post it in the pdf thread.
It's useful but you can't expect a man to be knowledgeable, ready and for anything. Lockpicking does deserve more attention though.
invidio.us/watch?v=-cEVatzkAO4
invidio.us/watch?v=h1cCtApECOE
Watch first video - the guy will tell you about one common weakness of these type of locks.

So you're suggesting a 2-part ignition train a la demolition style rather than an oxyacetyline torch? That wouldn't actually be that bad but I tend to stay away from one-use items. Biggest issue with the idea of painkiller pills and water purifying tablets. Everyone uses them but I'd rather have a sawyer straw and ignore the headaches because they're reliable.
I don't expect normies to, but I kinda expect Zig Forumsommandos. We're the autists of the internet and we have a reputation to uphold as always unique. It might just be me but I love learning about anything that involves machines or mechanisms, they run our world and we treat them like magic.

couple of those thermite pens would be a nice addition to an urban bugout bag, thats for sure. might have to try and make some, does thermite take well to epoxy or glue suspension?

willow bark my dude. multiple types of willow have the same anti-inflammatory chemical known as salacin. course, you gotta be in an area with willows.

Yes, the go-to recipe i've got is using filed aluminum pieces as main charge and using al powder mix as an initiator, as the powder mix, while burning faster, catches up on fire easier. It's actually got 3 steps that way - initiating fuse using some hot powder, then "thin" termite that initiates the main charge that burns hotter and deeper.
Reasonable, but one-use items for one-time visits seem appropriate to me.
These are fine as you actually use them only when needed, not as a constantly consuming irrecoverable source. Think of it like ammo - you carry it and only use when need it.
True, but the scope of our interest might differ. You won't find the most autistic autist to posses all the knowledge and not be a normalfag in at least one sphere.

I think it's alright as it doesn't need air to burn, though it's recommended to press it really tightly, like with car jack tightly. Otherwise, some glue shouldn't be much of a hindrance for such a nuclear mixture.

Actually. there's a more reliable and efficient alternative to termite, though it's pretty hard to find - shaped charges, especially the linear types or rebar cutters like picrelated. They are loud but fast, predictable, autonomous and probably lighter.

Attached: Rebar-Cutter-7.jpg (1280x853, 100.92K)

Safety fuse and a match. Just put it upside down and strike the box against the match while its in the fuse, it'll light every time.

I believe you get reliant on them after a while, and you end up having to source more but that's my opinion on the matter.
Unfortunately impossible but having overlapping skills helps. For instance I do electrical and engine stuff so anything involving explosives or mechanisms is typically in my zone of easy understanding. Might just be a sperg though.
You can make explosives but, the problem is you can't really say you keep them in a bug out bag and if you get caught with them without an ATF demo card you're in trouble.

Yeah, that works. Or just use a good fuse that's easy to ignite and will burn well and slow. It's not that hard and gas lighters last too long for what they worth and weight, too OP.
More options are more options - you just can enter some places you couldn't otherwise. It's not like you'll have the right amounts of the stuff to get used to it, it's more of a "plan B" option that offers a backup and more freedom to move.
From my understanding, there's another problem with it - tannerite and some other weaker explosives don't really work in shaped charges, is that true?
Absolutely, even if ideal is unreachable it's never wrong to strive for it.
Well, some are 2 part ones and others have long shelf life. I personally know at least one recipe of a plastic explosive, though there are better option for storage, though it's not recommended at all for the reason you mentioned. Great SHTF tool though.

It'd be better to start making the explosives during SHTF to make yourself useful and use your practice recipe results ASAP on private property and tell no one. I might just be a sperg but I prefer consistency.

Well, as a burger you're free to manufacture explosives for personal use anyway so there's not much preventing your from training, aside from being blown up. Otherwise, i'd stock up some rarer resources and/or tools. If anything, aluminum powder is easy to get and can be used for both really hot fuses and explosives like tannerite, as well as termites and even hotter molotovs. Potassium nitrate is openly sold in large quantities in agricultural stores and is a main element of a wide array of propellants, reactives and explosives. Anti-pipe clogging stuff can be a source for making some high concentration acids which are used in some of the more potent explosives. All of these things can be bought easily during all the time things can be bought and won't draw any attention to you due to their main use. Chemical equipment too, it can be invaluable for the hotter stuff, though it's not really necessary unless you mess with things like shaped charges, otherwise stuff like igdanite(ammonium nitrate+diesel) or ammonal(tannerite) will do the job just fine.

I'm not sure but I think in america you need a license or some sort of proof of being a farmer to get that high nitrogen content shit, but I've never tried. I know some chemicals and compounds are hard to source and usually require business connections.

It's basic fertilizer, used for anything from potted plants to growing vegetables. It might be ammonium nitrate that is regulated but you'll still be able to get it piss easy by trying to do farming. The thing that's hard to get is different acids an similar reagents and such while this is the most basic stuff you'll get from anyone growing stuff. At worst, find a friend that has some property and grows shit and ask for a bag or two to "try farming" or something, if he can get it he'll probably sell it to you too.

Yeah, ammonium nitrate is regulated after some city bombing but you can easily get it from a farmer that buys it in tons or from some sellers that have a more expensive but pure one. It's really hard to control and with such an arsenal i'm unsure why doesn't rural ever explode the hell out of any fucks, they've got literally tons of both components for 1 working explosive.
“farm Co-op’s for 50lb bags of AMMONIUM NITRATE 34-0-0 cost is from 9 to 15$ a bag."
"You can wash out the bentonite clay using methanol, which can be bought at hobby stores. It's used as RC car and plane fuel.

Water (and methanol) can be evaporated out of the AN by drying it in an oven. AN's melting point is 250 F, so water can be evaporated out of it pretty efficiently."
Careful with this method. Most methanol in hobby stores is actually glow plug engine fuel and contains 5-15% nitromethane. The methanol will evaporate, leaving nitromethane and castor oil (or synthetic). Nitromethane greatly increases the brisanance of AN and can sensitize it.
Info from ar15.com/forums/general/Fertilizer_and_homemade_tannerite/5-317835/

I've learned to source explosives from distilled drug store goods, if I could get my hands on fertilizer it would be easier but that would require contacts with farmers that wasn't too red flaggy. I could definitely try and get my hands on it but since I can get it myself for small experiments it doesn't really bother me all that much to build it from scratch. I tend to enjoy the challenge.

Find work with a lab. They can have all the fun shit and nobody is gonna give two shits.

Good but you don't usually buy this stuff in large quanities, so you'd look weird buying 50 bottles of H2O2 or activated charcoal. That draws attention. In agriculture though, you'd draw attention if you buy too little of it fro its intended use. The stuff is too cheap and is used too often and in too large quantities to regulate it, aside from just causing a mess some wouldn't get in, like they always do.
If you have a lawn, start growing something. Even grass would be ok, and trees need even less attention. Get some apple saplings, or grow mint, i dunno. You get the benefit of having the grown stuff too and won't probably use the amount of fertilizer that would matter.

No you source it slowly over time, throw one in your cart every time you go to the store like when you're trying to get canned food for a bug in sitch. You don't rush it all at once that's susp af.

I might try this honestly, there are some farms nearby I could ask for supplies from and there's co-ops where I live.

Good luck. Also, the grown stuff is nice, especially the green one - you always have it as fresh as it gets, which can really change things a lot. Having an apple tree is cool too. The best part is that it's a completely valid and legitimate reason to get the stuff so you'll learn specifics along the way. The best type of lie - the one that is not one.

Don't forget your "walking stick" which is actually a hardwood JO martial arts staff. People for some reason don't see a person using a walking stick as a threat.

Attached: Jo is the Japanese stick weapon - picture -1.jpg (352x500, 30.62K)

This only works if you either work in a very lax company with a bunch of outdoorsmen/hippies who will treat your walking stick like a lifestyle accessory, or if you fake having a leg injury that requires support and can come up with some reason you're using the hardwood stick instead of a proper crutch or cane. I guess you could keep it in your car though, and a five-foot solid stick combined with proper training can make for decent close-combat prep.

im all set, i have shitloads of steel and arthritis in my ankles. as to why im using a 1.3 meter long ash or japanese oak walking stick, its because i prefer wood to aluminium when it comes to beating minori- sorry, bearing my weight.

This was the second indication of an unprepared man
The first was

I was surprised entirely that somebody would think a Fanny pack is enough space for an emergency go back. It's literally the size of a first aid kit. "Where he usually sits" means the dude doesn't do much. There's no usual seat for a busy man. Even your desk would be less than a fifth of your free time.

SMH fam sounds like a wannabe prepper 2 me

OP, you "buggin out" to a defined place? Got preps once you're there? Any major things preventing stashing/caching extra gear along the way? All that will influence what you need/want to take with you.

If you're just planning to pick a direction and plot a course and "go away" for a while, you're gonna fail, and fail hard.

Attached: 1352791616527 (1).jpeg (700x2622, 1.33M)

Here's what I carry for longer trips
Small hatchet or a machete
Long but not very wide gardening shovel (for collecting roots and making shelters)
Scissors(for foraging and cordage)
A mora
A good few meters of rope
A repair kit, with small bits of metal, wire, tape, etc
A small fishing kit
Food- usually some smoked meat and some trail mix, with some emergency soup powder if I don't find any edibles and some spices
Lots of water
A big pan
And whatever sleeping system is appropriate

I'm pretty happy about the internet being around.

I guess brazil is as close as we'll get to a post-apocalyptic situation right now.

Attached: Killdozer.png (933x438, 504.61K)

I can't help but think there's been a failure in planning somewhere if you need plastic explosives to reach your bug out location.

Good luck germ

An autogyro is cheaper, uses normal fuel and doesn’t get stuck in ditches.

Attached: IMG_1947.JPG (324x200 220.49 KB, 27.24K)

Very un-American mindset lad.

chad's guide to long-distance travel:
if you can't carry your mode of transportation on your person, you're basically a dumbass.

It's not for the bugout bag. My whole point in my post was that knowledge is weightless and the best thing you can bug out with. I personally study a lot about chemistry, infrastructure, machining and engines. These skills overlap with one another and are vital to survival in a grid down situation. Once you start learning about electricity, it's easier to understand explosives, cars, architecture, radios, so on. Our society and infrastructure is all built on very basic mechanical skills made complex by specialization.

Yes hello I would like to direct your attention over here to remind you that horses, donkeys, and mules are a thing that exists and people have been using them as a primary mode of transportation for over two thousand years.

Attached: army-horses-mules_21c_01_700.jpg (612x344 81.92 KB, 130.47K)

No true Killdozer design provides a mechanism for the driver to exit the vehicle alive.

I've probably watched 50 BOB videos and this is the first I've seen that wasn't pants-on-head retarded. Good find user.

My bag is fairly different from his, but most of the differences are minor.

Biggest thing he gets wrong is food. The idea that you'll be able to trap, fish or forage for food in the wilderness is basically a meme. You may be able to get some, but more often than not you'll burn more energy than you gain.

Nuts are the most calorie dense food. Don't think you can eat them exclusively though. Radically changing your diet can lead to problems like cramps and liquid shits. Not show stoppers, but if you're bugging out you already have enough problems.

Attached: packing light.jpg (634x719, 53.37K)

They're also cute

CONS:
What is he talking about? Does he think he can sprint with that on? Move from cover to cover in an urban scenario?

His bivvy sack, bedding, tarp and poncho liner are useless if his clothing is good, and they're probably 60% of the weight of that pack. Just add a single shopping bag or sack with good outdoors clothing, then change clothing ASAP. No need for the tent stakes either.

Fire kit is overcomplicated. He buys a $0.50 bic lighter, and then complains "it can leak" or "it can get wet", so he BUYS A $20 SPECIAL MADE SLEEVE FOR A PLASTIC LIGHTER!
amazon.com/Exotac-fireSLEEVE-Ruggedized-Waterproof-Lighter/dp/B01C97H2ZM
This retarded piece of mall ninja technology is so popular that it's literally sold out almost everywhere. Why the not just buy a Zippo that costs $13 and can be modified to last more than a month of regular use?
amazon.com/Zippo-Pocket-Lighter-Black-Matte/dp/B0017T2LQY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546699531&sr=8-3&keywords=zippo lighter
Get a canteen of lighter fluid and stick it in your pack, it takes up no space and can prove useful in a pinch.

His water treatment kit is also ridiculous, it seems to be designed for drinking sewage water, because every single method he has can only filter microorganisms. For some reason he showcases a muslim rag as a filtration method. Wha?
Just dig a hole below the water table and gird it right, the clay around it will filter it and you'll get water clean from microorganisms.
The main problem with water in north America is that we pumped out a fine layer of lead and mercury over all the soil, which has to be filtered with activated charcoal, his tablets and boiling does absolutely nothing for heavy metals. Only activated charcoal works, nothing else does, those quick mini filters are garbage.

His map and pencils aren't waterproofed, he needs to get a grease pencil and a greased map. It's also clearly a gas station map, not a map which shows relevant terrain features. Pic related the kind of map you need.

PROS
I liked the knife and multitool, I liked the SOS rations, the wilderness card, and the paracord. I also would have liked the medkit but he doesn't go into detail with it, a lot of extraneous stuff in off the shelf kits.

The goal is 5lb not 18lb

Attached: ab906112d31a59888269a27a439701ec.jpg (1300x971, 233.57K)

I carry nuts too, but I must correct you insofar as the most energetically dense food: the most dense is pure fat (solid fat slightly more so than liquid). That isn't palatable to most, but bear it in mind while planning. Compare the energy in, say, avocado oil (which doesn't burn the throat as much as olive oil when it is drank "straight up") vs an equivalent mass or volume of the nuts of your choice.

Why not? Sure you can. I have eaten nothing but nuts for several days.

No argument there.

Kek.

A topo map, yes. You can find free topo data online, print out just your applicable area of interest on a few double sided pages of regular paper, and get it laminated at an office store.

Yes, I made my own. I argue everyone should have a CAT7 tourniquet and know how to use it (note that practicing with a tourniquet can wear it out). Spend a few hours on your day off to take a local Stop the Bleed course. They are usually free… just ignore the political shit in the curriculum regarding Sandy Hoax and whatever.
cms.bleedingcontrol.org/class/search

Diesel?

This is something I see often. "I ate nothing but freeze dried meals all weekend, no problem!"

I've tried various "survival" diets for up to a month. Nothing but trail mix. Nothing but freeze dried. Nothing but what I could catch or forage from my local area.

The only one that was no problem for a month was "nothing but canned food and rice."

fish/trap/forage: I lost 12lb in 3 weeks and didn't have the energy to continue.

Trail mix: liquishits after 4 or 5 days. I don't remember exactly. Gained weight tho.

Freeze dried: Couldn't stand the taste after about a week.

Survival cookies like in the video: Needed real food after 3 days.

MREs: Potentially doable, but I was pretty sick of them and didn't do the full month

Energy bars/protein bars: Massive constipation after a few days.

And, as the thread topic is "bug out bags" not "long term survival bunker stockpiles"… QED: yes, you can eat only nuts for the several days that your bugout bag is designed to be used for. My choice of what to carry in my bag is different than what I stockpile in a fixed shelter.

I cannot emphasize enough how important it is for you folks to go look at backpacking forums. Look into what ultralight backpackers bring with them when they through-hike the entire Appalachian Trail carrying 10lbs or less on their backs (pack included.) This will give you a great starting point for any bug-out situation, as these people are actually out there living it.

I'm not saying you have to pare down your loadout to these levels, but remember that you'll be carrying guns and these people usually don't.

For food/water, the recommendation is usually:
- water filtration system rather than carrying large amounts of water (personally, I only have 8-12 fl. oz. of water on my person at any given time depending on how close I am to water sources… I also carry powdered electrolytes to add to it so I can squeeze every last bit of hydration out of smaller quantities of water)
- trail mix usually has the best caloric density per weight out of all edible foods (discounting things like pure olive oil); peanut butter, protein bars; energy gels/candy; I carry a small quantity of instant rice, maybe a brick of ramen; stock cubes as a comfort food for those cold, rainy nights
- if you can forego a camp stove entirely, that's the best option - just build a fire every night. If you want one for short-term bugout purposes, something like an Esbit stove is a great choice; for longer-term (a week or more) journeys, alcohol stoves reign supreme.

I almost forgot; I like to keep a pouch of tuna or chicken in my pack as well. There's nothing like a tiny packet of buffalo chicken (from Starkist) to boost morale after being out in the elements for a few days and having nothing to eat but trail mix and rice.

Also, when I say "build a fire every night," I do not mean a full-on campfire. Your fires during a survival situation will be tiny, consisting mostly of twigs and small branches and the occasional larger branch. There is a difference between a survival fire and a camp fire; you will not (should not?) be carrying a hatchet, so you can't split wood for a camp fire.

I looked at this and people who were homeless for long periods of time to see how they make long-term arrangements. Something I often think about is bag or leaf insulation under a poncho so you don't have to haul around clothes or a sleeping mat. Just pile up trash.

If you have the money to spend on a quality air sleeping pad and a quilt/mummy bag, it can really improve your comfort in cold weather. My sleep system is pretty luxurious, weighs less than 3.5 lbs, packs down pretty small, and keeps me toasty on chilly fall nights without a fire or tent.

But you're absolutely right - any insulation you can find will keep you alive. I've slept on a bag of leaves before in milder climates, with nighttime temperatures dipping down into the 40s. Any less than that would be uncomfortable, but I could throw together something that would keep me alive below freezing.

Another savior in cold weather is thermal underwear/socks. They're totally worth the weight. Now that I'm thinking about it, the aforementioned 40-degree night was accomplished without thermals because I didn't expect it to get so chilly… thermals would have improved my experience drastically.

Another thing about warmth: people underestimate how uncomfortable it is to be cold. If you don't believe me, turn the thermostat in your home down to 55 degrees for a few days during winter. I actually do this to condition myself for winter hikes/camping.