The alarming statistics that show the U.S. economy isn’t as good as it seems

The U.S. economy has a problem. The usual economic bench marks look really good: America in 2018 is enjoying faster growth, low unemployment, record numbers of job openings and a stock market near an all-time high. Yet an alarming number of Americans are still struggling to get by.

In the past week, two reports — a new Federal Reserve survey of more than 12,200 Americans about their finances and a new United Way report on financial hardship — reveal just how unstable life remains for a large number of people. Here's a rundown of the key findings:

Forty percent of American adults don't have enough savings to cover a $400 emergency expense such as an unexpected medical bill, car problem or home repair.

“We have a ‘Two Realities’ economy in America,” said William Rodgers, a professor at Rutgers University and chief economist at the Heldrich Center for Workforce Development. “One segment has truly recovered from the Great Recession and is at full employment. The other continues to experience stagnating wages, involuntary part-time employment, inflexible work schedules and weaker access to health care.”

President Trump and many Republicans in Congress are focused on getting people back to work with the belief that once people have jobs they will be able to lift themselves out of poverty. But a growing body of research like the Fed and United Way studies and anecdotes from people working on the front lines at food banks and shelters indicates that a job is no longer enough.

Wages in the United States, especially for workers who aren't managers, have stagnated for two decades, making it difficult to save for emergencies, let alone save to buy a home or take extra classes to get ahead.

D'Amato has worked at food banks and pantries since 1979, but she says she's never seen it like it is today with so many people with jobs but still unable to survive. October and November were the highest food bank usage on record for her organization, a reminder that many are still not stable years after the Great Recession officially ended in 2009.

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/05/25/the-alarming-statistics-that-show-the-u-s-economy-isnt-as-good-as-it-seems/?utm_term=.dfb3ceba63ca

"So get another job amirite goys"

Of course it isn't

Anybody who tells you that 'trump fixed the economy' is a fucking idiot

Just a reminder that this is why the dumb fatass has weird white circles around his eyes

Attached: PicsArt_05-27-12.34.17.gif (640x358, 455.34K)

…and YES, he's wearing a suit and tie in a tanning bed

fack

Welcome back to grade School economics. What we have here is… A failure to communicate.. So you get what you had last week… Which is the way he wants it, so he gets it. Double the workforce through womens' emancipation means double the taxpayers and half the wages. Inflation of goods caused by the amount if hands it passes through (thanks nafta). Debt ceiling rises because none of you comnunists pay back your loans. You fucked us user.

Stock market would reflect reality a lot more if the Fed hadn't bailed out the banks with trillions. They can say this "great recession" has ended, but I never believed a word of it.

Trade war gonna be
YUGE
victory for US!!!

Just tighten those belts and re-elected me and in 5 yrs…gonna be
yuge

u wait and see

Move to China then, fucking commie

Attached: euro.webm (640x360, 218.22K)

Now tell me how many of those are non-white. Whites and asians are the only two groups that have a net-positive tax impact (e.g. pay more in taxes than they take out), while niggers and wall-jumpers are a net drain on the system. We don't have a crime or poverty problem in America, we have a nigger and spic problem.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (289x372, 99.85K)

you're just bitter because you have a vitamin d deficiency, and trump doesnt

That would't cover any emergency.

BUT LET US TELL YOU HOW TRUMP IS BAD FOR AMERICA

It really drives the point home when they have to invent new benchmarks just to smear a dude that happens to have created more prosperity in the country since any president after Ford.

Wait you're saying a non-white country has a shit economy
No Shit

Fuck off, Tarrifs are the first good thing trump has done in over a year

Trump has done nothing Jew

anyone remember a certain 8 year time period where pointing out that the economy had shit the bed was "racism" and how we just needed to accept the new normal because white people are evil?

Only this time pointing at the pupeteers gets you called an anti Semite rather than a racist

kill yourself faggot

KEK

A kike calling a white a kike. How innovative. Kill yourself Moishe before we do.

Off yourself retard, before the eugenics patrol gets you.

Obama is the one that partially fixed economy, Thrump is only enjoying the benefits from his predecessor's reforms

This is a fucking joke. $400 will barely pay a mechanic to replace your fucking brakes. $400 won't even cover the cost for a doctor to CONSULT, much less fix what ails you. And "home repair" can be $5 if it's a leaky faucet that just needs a new rubber washer, to $50,000 if a tree fell on your roof and you don't have insurance.

anyone that tells you that ANY president fixed (or ruined) the economy is an fucking idiot

Yeah that nigger brought so many jobs back from overseas. The jobs which even he explicitly stated were gone and wouldn't magically come back.

Except Trump happened, and they're coming back.
Same was said about wages. Then Trump. So no, nigger didn't do shit. He cause the job and wage slump. But I know you love that soy-niggercock.

Attached: 2wcx.jpg (461x532, 47.85K)

this is called "concern trolling"

they cant admit trump is doing such a good fucking job
their brainwashing and programming just will not let them accept reality

Attached: 2n0a.jpg (1280x853, 189.42K)

not because they cant but because they blow it
I live on fucking welfare and i have 2k saved up

So Obongo fixed the economy so that it would only kick in right after somebody else gets elected and changes everything and repeals almost everything Obongo did. Funny that.

Wow things are good for the 1% but not the 99% that they exploited to get rich we need to write 900000 articles and get to the bottom of this

These articles are written by people who purposely destroyed the economy and are now like "gee whiz what happened?" and everyone knows this but school shootings are over sex and not this retarded fucking world that nobody is buying into anymore. Denial is a hell of a drug you us mafia losers.

oh boy a speech on personal responsibility and how everything is one's own fault

Attached: butt-puppet-interview-4.jpg (394x341, 19.42K)

Easy, Moishe. We can look at you or your headlines and nail you for being a kike on the spot. Your god Moloch isn't going to be pleased with your lack of capability in deception.

The kiking is thick in this thread. Yes, kike, because dropping corporate taxes by nearly half won't actually do anything positive. Raising corporate tax rates (Obama) will have a negative impact. This is fucking basics, kike.

Fucking Drummmmph (Fart noise)

don't worry the rules that prevented banks from making high risk loans that caused the previous crash were rolled back by trump because they pinky promised they wouldn't do it again and ask for bailouts again

being employed at a Wal-Mart isn't exactly livable unless you shack up with others. The job quality of the country is pretty bad, and apartment rates are fucking criminal. There's clear inequalities between states and bills have never been higher then they are now.

We have an actual racist inequality problem, but it's blacks and illegals who benefit from it.

Student loans so they can actually compete for a salary job, grocery, heat, water bills.

They're on the edge because living expenses are ridiculous, and loaners are scamming, education is a joke, and colleges even on a public level have no support and would rather students aimlessly wander around instead of directing them to a path to graduation.

america in a nutshell

He's here.

Attached: 9b029d01309c4e10af9a2406b195a751266983f7eec8f60cb3607baba1f8023f.png (1200x1200, 68.66K)

These things work on a delay.

The markets are at a record high and people are already taking home significantly more pay than they were a year ago because of Trumps reforms.But that takes a while to trickle in to the economy
A lot of the companies that Trump has persuaded to move back to the US are only just setting up. You dont get those things overnight..

bump so people sill slide all the anchored shit off the front page because OP goes against their narrative

wasted trips

Designated JohnnyFaptune samefagging thread.

Well, I don't always have that kind of cash available either, especially right after investing. And I know that you shouldn't touch your portfolio before retirement, but if a true emergency hit me, I would just sell some stocks. Minimum wage in the US is more than double of what I'm earning, surely these Americans have much more sizable portfolios than my thirdworlder ass.

Who do you think owns those stocks that are so high? I doubt it's the people of walmart, or the ones with tons of student loans. The rich keep getting richer, as usual. Nothing's gonna trickle down until the Fed is gone and the banks are made accountable for their own mistakes. Until then it's party time! (unless you're one of us plebs)

The rich always keep getting richer. The floor climbs just as much as the ceiling. People can bitch about inequality all they want, even our fucking homeless street rabble are living better lives than medieval nobility in most cases.

Shit they're living better lives than they would have in that same position just 70 years ago. As fucking doom and gloom as everyone makes shit out to be it just doesn't hold up to the scrutiny of historical comparison. You will never get equality so long as rational heads prevail. Anytime we've forced equality countless millions have fucking died horribly for it and it was completely avoidable - moreover the problem of inequity survived and wealth just changed hands.

You're gonna sell your stocks to cover an emergency, eh? Stocks that if you did things right are in an IRA or 401k, in order to minimize taxes when you do your yearly (or other chosen periodic) re-balancing. So then you're going to sell off some of this to withdraw cash, thus not only triggering capital gains taxes but also a hefty penalty for touching your retirement account before age 65. Dude, nobody, and I mean nobody who's a professional investor would ever give this as advice. They ALWAYS say to keep at least 6 months worth of savings on hand, just in case you lose your job.

In fairness a lot of countries outside North America recognize emergency clauses regarding retirement investment. Hell in Canada you can withdraw some percentage of your retirement savings in order to supplement a down payment on a first time home purchase.

It's kind of like the government throwing you a bone "Well you know, you'd actually have all the money you ever earned if we didn't take most of it most of the time."

That's not how it works, you idiot! CEOs in modern america get paid hundreds if not thousands of times more than the pleb office drones and blue collar workers. Their banker friends do even better. And best of all, they never have to worry about getting fired, because they have golden parachutes. Meanwhile plebs with "jobs" often don't get full time employment enough, which disqualifies them from benefits like say, health insurance.
Businesses in general keep getting bigger, with more corporate merges, and the "IP" like copyright, trademarks, and patents ends up in the hands of the few (this includes of course life-affecting stuff like drugs and medicine). Laws are passed to favor big businesses over mom & pop shops, who can't afford all the required bureaucratic hurdles put in place expressely for that purpose.

Oh, is that why? I thought the advice about not touching your portfolio was just psychological. In any case, my country has no long term capital gains tax, so I can sell my oldest assets tax-free anytime. And if I lost my job, the mandatory social insurance I'm paying guarantees me 6 months of comparable income. And I'm not really worried about medical emergencies since health insurance is also mandatory over here.

So yeah, I feel no need to keep any extra cash and just invest all my disposable income right away. I guess that wouldn't work too well in the US.

Bet you that nigerian-americans make more money than you and most other americans.

Proof the Black Man is superior mentally as well as physically.

Lol, it's literally just a colour. Physical strength matters for nothing - genes are trivial compared to environment and do little to change one's potential difference on average.

People who engage in tribalism over things like genes/race/ethnicity fail at the first hurdle of basic human interaction, and can throw fits in the corner whilst the rest of the world waits for them to grow up, or - more likely - gets on with working towards actual progress.

Tribalism is everywhere - in politics, race, religion, teams, games, websites, organisations, brands, etc. Those that engage in it are simply falling victim to the most primitive and brain-dead instincts we have maintained over the years of our evolution.