Orthodox vs Anglican/Episcopalian

Hello, Zig Forums. I am split between joining the Orthodox Church and the Anglican/Episcopalian Church. Right now, I don't particularly attend service, but I do pray and read the Bible every day. I live in burgerland. These are the only two denominations I feel a major draw towards, in a sort of spiritual way. Do you have any advice? Perhaps I should pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance?

inb4 cathbros: Papal supremacy is false, the Pope (Bishop of Rome) is among equals.

Attached: 24774998_1800341176656930_4185568919403225076_n.jpg (540x529, 31.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A catlicker’s opinion: Orthodox.

There are some pretty large differences.

What do you think of the branch theory? What do you think of the 39 Articles? There is also the issue of having female priests and gay marriage, but in my opinion these are side notes to the more important, dogmatic stuff.

Have you gone to both an Anglican and an Orthodox liturgy?

the other ones are just protty memes. become ortho

Why didn't Jesus ordain all apostles as foundation stones?

Start off reading some of the book of common prayer. There are still good Episcopal and Anglican churches in the USA despite what some people say

Christ is the foundation and stone. Pope is falliable, filioque is false, purgatory doesn't exist and there is literally no difference between Roman and Avignon popes. Ok. Kyrie Eleison

What about the Lutheran church?

This. Become Baptist OP. Hard preaching and soul-winning >>> ritual and pomp

absolutely heretical tier
i suggest you log off and seriously consider this. you cannot read about these things, watch videos or talk to autists online. the only way to understand is to live it.
go visit a baptist church, a catholic and then orthodox church. pray and ask God for guidance. do not stop praying. this is the only way

It's a literal divorce church.
It has literally zero possibility of being the ancient church.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh man I'm sorry, let me actually respond now, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: laughing nuns.jpg (540x304, 34.98K)

As with all anglophones interested in Orthodoxy (especially since you are Ameriburger ) I'll advice you Site of Orthodox church of America. It has a pretty nice guidelines and a small introduction to Orthodox faith and IIRC even FAQ section where priest reply to online questions,.
oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith
It may be small thing, but still, I hope that it will be of use to you.
God bless…

This OP. Avoid the TEC, but there are some good Anglo-Catholic and traditional low churches in ACNA

Anglican here. Both are ok. We were in communion for 2 years in the early 1900s. I know one parish that went TEC->EO. Stay high church and make regular and good confession.

Oh, and do your daily readings and prayers.

Hey Anglicanon, what do you think of the continuing Anglican movement?

A good thing, orthodoxy is something that must be continually sought, church history demonstrates this. I wish they were more high church.

Oh, and some are, but also some high church Anglicans swam the Tiber, which should I suppose be more disappointing, but I don't find it so. If you had something good, wouldn't you share it? Apparently the Ordinariate is the fastest growing area of the RCC in the states, and I've seen the liturgy described as what V2 intended.

Orthodox is the only real church.

It doesn't matter. Both lead to hell

They kiss Ottoman feet.

Just as the Orthodox faithful who as just called us names, you are not being a smart Christian…debunk him, do not sink at his level of name calling.

Literally every single time

TiredPepe.jpg

Are you unable to be proud of your faith without attacking others'?
And do you think there are no homosexual Orthodox clergymen? What omniscience do you have to know that? However, we do not have -female- clergy, yes.

Attached: 1502563107203.jpg (500x567, 52.58K)

May the Lord keep that into account when your time comes

You know cornerstone isn't the same as foundation stone, right?

Is gud jok

If you find a Western Rite Orthodox congregation, you will have full communion with all the Orthodox and an Orthodox theology and Christology, but will have forms and rites which are familiar to anyone coming from High Church Anglican/Episcopalian or Roman Catholic rites.

ROCOR is currently growing praise God and the works of the Spirit! rapidly and many pastors, members, and sometimes whole congregations of former Anglicans or Episcopalians have joined Orthodoxy through conversion. We've recently had a community of Sedes attending conferences via representatives to look into coming home to Orthodoxy via the Western Rite.

The Antiochian Archdiocese in America also maintains several Western Rite parishes.

The city of sedes

Is it really Western Rite if post-schism Western practics and saints are shunned completely? The only difference is the liturgy.

Meaning a group of them sent a Bishop to a conference attended by, among others, an Orthodox Metropolitan and a group of both Eastern and Western Rite Orthodox.

There are very few real post-schism Western practices that differ widely from the pre-schism ones, excepting things done very recently under Vatican II or some of the changes to Fasting which relaxed things.

I've checked and our WR Fasting rules are very similar to what the Latins did 100 years ago, which of course was very similar to what the Latins did 1000 years ago.

The various Western Liturgies are essentially the same as was done in pre-schism times again with the exception for recent i.e. Vatican II-era changes, with only the necessary changes made to comply with Orthodox theology, and of course, done in the vernacular.

For example:
Antioch uses the Liturgy of Saint Gregory, whose basis is the Tridentine Mass as celebrated by Society of Clerks Secular of St. Basil who previously were the American Orthodox Catholic Church formed in 1927 by breaking away from the OCA (Russian Metropolia) and had disputes with ROCOR; the Liturgy was converted in the early 60s. As you probably know, "Tridentine" is from Council of Trent in 1570; occasionally called the "Gregorian Rite"; this was really a standardization in partial response to Protestant usages. It developed definitely between the 2nd and 6th centuries (100s and 500s) with Leo I (early 5th) and Gregory I (late 6th) shaping it. Note that probably in the 3rd century (200s) the Mass had moved to Latin in Rome. So it is really quite ancient overall.

ROCOR uses the Liturgy of St. Tikhon of Moscow - from the Anglican 1892 and 1928 services in the Book of Common Prayer, converted in the 70s from the Sarum Use of the Latin Rite - a mix of Gallican, Roman, Celtic, an British customs. Standardized in the 13th century (1200s). This was the source for the first Book of Common Prayer in 1549 and was used by Recusant Catholics and the name "Sarum" refers to the ancient use of the Cathedral of Salisbury prior to the Great Schism. We also make extensive use of the hymnal and various hymns are recent e.g. only a hundred or so years old. Our Christ Mass service used many of the Carols that I learned as a kid in America.

Where recent practices are not contrary to Orthodoxy, they are preserved. Where they are contrary to Orthodoxy, they are changed.

Not all of the Saints post-schism are honored. It is kind of a case-by-case and Patriarchate by Patriarchate basis. The Patriarchate of Moscow has been VERY proactive in bringing in honor to Saints of the West, St. Gregory the Great Orthodox Church in Washington DC recently published a version of the RCC Martyrology for use by the Orthodox.

Why in the world would you choose Anglican over Orthodox in this day and age? It's not even a choice really.

The only Anglicans worth consideration are the Anglo-Catholics, whose parishes are leaving for the RCC and OCC. Since you already ruled out RCC, OCC it is.

Since when did this happen?

no flags for lent