Pope declares hell isn't real?

Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell
archive.is/V2Vio

Can anyone attest to this being actually real? Or is it just more nonsense?

Attached: pope.no.hell.png (696x382, 225.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/03/29/vatican-distances-itself-from-claim-that-pope-doesnt-believe-in-hell/
archive.is/yUmjj
catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-dont-trust-report-that-pope-francis-denied-reality-of-hell-53450
onepeterfive.com/pope-communists-think-like-christians/
reformed.org/documents/wcf_with_proofs/
reformed.org/documents/canons_of_dordt.html
reformed.org/documents/baptist_1689.html
reformed.org/documents/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's real, he probably ceased to be pope when he uttered that.

Vatican is denying it.

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2018/03/29/vatican-distances-itself-from-claim-that-pope-doesnt-believe-in-hell/
archive.is/yUmjj

impolite sage for bumping my own thread

Do we have that on tape?
Seems fishy, I wouldn't be surprised if articles pop up about the silly traditionalists attacking the "cool" pope over fake news.

Which time is it? About 162nd, the press office saying 'the pope didn't really mean that'. He obviously said it indirectly or implied it.

They didn't really deny he said it, just that he wasn't quoted verbatim. They're going to have to give a better explanation than just "well, he didn't say those exact words".

Fair enough. I have a real problem with this being this guy's fifth interview with the Pope. Why repeatedly grant interviews if he keeps misrepresenting you? I find this disturbing.

I don't even care at this point, my faith is nearly dead anyway. The thing is, even if it turns out he does hold such an opinion, you can be sure the majority of mainstream Catholics will defend him.

Why would the pope receive him again after previous scandals?

And to begin with why would he receive a journalist from such newspaper?

Don't give up user, some polemics are in no way a significant reason. Go to mass of the three days of Easter instead.

Fifth interview with the guy? And the Vatican has previously claimed other misrepresentations of the Pope's words? Something is NOT right here…makes no sense.

That's not the real reason, but it certainly does contribute to my impression it's all a darn charade and virtue signalling. The Church and the faithful have already practically abandoned the teaching on moral issues, denying hell would be just a logical step considering that. I won't go to mass, it means almost nothing to me.

What if God allowing an Anti-Pope to reign is a test for the true Catholics to install a new and righteous Pope?

Attached: images (1).png (208x242, 5.33K)

Even if eternal punishment doesn't exist doesn't mean there is no moral. Of course christians are now extremely accommodating, that's just circumstances, it will pass. Don't give up on faith, there is nothing else anyway, only death.

God have mercy on the Gadoligs

These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the Spouse of the Immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where has been set up the See of the most holy Peter and the Chair of Truth for the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be scattered…

With all probability it's bullshit, considering that Francis has several times, even recently, spoken very clearly about the reality and danger of Hell, and that Scalfari is known to report what he """""interprets""""" Francis to have said rather than what Francis actually said (he also said that he doesn't use notes or recording devices and writes the responses from memory).

Attached: DK_3k55W0AAP7cw.jpg (622x468, 102.71K)

Only the cardinals can do that. As far as I'm aware, those cardinals elected the current pope. No one will storm Rome, forget about that. The vast majority of Catholics are very happy with the things pope is saying, they welcome the loosened the rules. I honestly think the pope is just saying the things most people are thinking anyway. They certainly live and act like they think so.

I meant that the Church, in practice, abandoned moral rules it has always taught. How many Catholics who use contraception and fornicate receive communion? Do you think they're even aware they should confess those sins? I'm just tired of the hypocrisy. I'm tired of listening my church going friends talk about what they did to choir girls last night. I'm tired of seeing young people who have attended religious education for more than 10 years talk and care about nothing but sex and alcohol. As I said, it's all a charade, no one cares.

Then it needs to be demanded of the author to issue a retraction, explicitly stating that the Pope never intimated such things, in any words. This is not complex; either the author lied, or the Vatican lied. And if what you're saying is true, it's probably the author at fault. Hold him accountable, cathbros.

How can one possibly misinterpret something clear like that? If he interpreted it like that, he must have had some foundation to interpret it like that, he didn't make it up.

Yes that's sad, lots don't know how to take communion, still it's their responsability, not necessarly the one of the Church (only if she don't talk about that). And yes there is a crisis and for a lot this is a charade. Be happy you can be part of the honnest believers who try to truly follow the teaching. Those who doso are part of an elite.

When have you heard a priest telling people they will go to hell for contraception and fornication? Oh wait, there's no hell apparently. I'm not happy. I feel alone, abandoned. If I wanted to, I couldn't find a partner who would share my beliefs. So what is left for me? Loneliness and anguish, seeing everyone being happy and having fun while I ponder about death and what happens after it.
Honestly, I respect the protestants in that regard. At least they said screw this, these rules are too tough, we'll just split instead of acting like we obey them.

Hope you feel better and find a less toxic way to express yourself.

Ultimately the pope will have to answer the Lord for all the confusion he has brought up. Even if he didn't imply that and it was forged, it was the FIFTH time the pope met with that journalist.

"Hi, I'm an idiot that gets his news from shady clickbait sites and this is jackass"

catholicnewsagency.com/news/vatican-dont-trust-report-that-pope-francis-denied-reality-of-hell-53450

Not too much…. Okay, they go really diplomatic. But someone interested in his faith can clearly know it easily.
Because you don't start with this belief just like that. A christian always learn, there is still hope on that.
In fact while there is life there is hope for repentance, you can always repent for fornication and contraception is admitted (universally discouraged but the really forbidden is abortive contraception), saint john paul II admitted the role of the mariage as a Remedy for the concupiscence. Now the fornication with someone else than your wife can lead you to hell but you can still confess, so it have more a progressive perverting power for the soul so lead her to the final repentance. Now if you have a real problem with hell you could read Gregory of Nyssa "the soul and the resurrection, dialogue with his daughter Macrine".

No need to be uncharitable, user. I saw the Vatican has vaguely denied this. I never accepted it as gospel. I just don't understand why the Holy Father would grant a fifth interview with this nonagenarian atheist, who doesn't take notes, and constantly errs in his "reconstructions" of interviews with him.

*sister sorry

op is not an idiot at all, that is really written on the article. The pope is to blame.

and repent: "But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

lmao catholicucks

become orthodox :DDDD

meant for

As a Pope, he didn't convert his friend?

Oh so sorry for triggering you. Protestantism is easy mode Christianity, that's a fact.

I don't want to sound, as that previous fellow said, toxic but you gave the exact reply I expected. I'm really, really tired of people constantly justifying conscious, deliberate sins. Do you truly, honestly think anyone regrets sleeping with 20 beautiful women? Or having drunken fun? You see, if a kid can cheat on a school test, he'll do it. The same goes for sin. Repentance is such a vague word, what makes it truly authentic, considering what I've said above?

If you can live it up and 'repent' afterwards, again, total charade. Because what's the reason not to do it? Of course you'll be sorry for it when you're near death and fear hell and since it's sincere you'll be saved, just like a nun who suffered infinitely more during her life.

another episode of fake news stories. I won't believe it until official statement.

Not true, but I don't expect a miserable, self-loathing, weak in the faith ignoramus like you to appreciate that.

Who lets this senile vampire write his own interview?

he can't keep getting away with it

Wow, you're very full of hate for some who claims to be a Christian. You're merely proving my point about the hypocrisy of you lowlifes. But no worries, you don't even have to go to confession for hating on a brother, just say 'sorry God' and straight to heaven you'll go.

Based on berg*glio's history it seems most likely that he did say it and that the Vatican is once again scrambling to run cover for him.

Repentance is such a vague word, what makes it truly authentic, considering what I've said above?
It's not vague, it's just that you can never know if you really had repentance (thus the necessity of the confession) :
Because it will still affect your soul and your body. It doesn't justify sin, confession doesn't, but it say you can be forgiven still.
A tree fall in the side it leans so the "I will repent just at the end" doesn't work. Also read the parable of the prodigal son, you sound like the older brother.

Bergoglio said something about it ? link ? Or explain yourself better please.

Attached: 103948342.jpg (1024x683, 147.46K)

Luckily I don't have any of the problems you yourself have already admitted to, so any hate you're sensing is a projection.

So it's simple, I start loving God or when I start fearing death after I've had my fill of women and booze. Or I simply go to confession.

Of course you don't have problems I do because you believe the only thing you have to do to be saved is go to Church on Sunday. And that's why watching other so called Christians living their lives they live doesn't bother you either, you'll all be saved anyway after you say I'm soooo sorry before you go to bed at night.

This
happens too often for it to be just the media making shit up every time.

You never know the moment of your death, you don't know if you will die rapidly without the time to repent and you can never know if your contrition is perfect, also love cannot go on demand in every circumstances. So just pray and ask God for love..

You know nothing about me; I don't reveal my powerlevel because I'm not a complete 'sperg.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (572x283, 127.73K)

i definitely trust this guy over the Vatican and the Holy Father yesiree bob i am skipping Mass this Easter because of this

Shouldn't you be concerned that the pope is a longtime friend with an atheist?

The whole concept is silly. 'Quick, get to a priest before you die, it doesn't matter what you did before that, just get your ticket stamped and you're home free'

You're a butthurt protestant, that's plenty to know about someone.

Well are you protestant ? Think about that : if you have the time to confess it's because God (through his providence) has let you go to confession (or have perfect contrition). So there is no hazard, everything have a logic you just don't see, because only God can know the hearts.

The same friend quoted the pope saying communists think like christians.
onepeterfive.com/pope-communists-think-like-christians/

Really makes you think

I'm secure in my faith, and still wish you well despite your extreme toxicity. God bless.

And he's the pope's friend, no less.
Truly activates the old almonds.

Catholicucks are the Hillary voters of Christianity. Quite literally in fact, too.

The second he makes something stupid an official dogma, we strike.

Attached: Jets.jpg (1024x609, 63.36K)

Sure you are, there's nothing to be insecure about, go to church, fornicate and booze up once in a while, divorce a wife or two, say I'm sorry and go to heaven.

Does that mean God's providence basically guarantees I'll be saved? Because seems to mean that I can sin as much as I want up to that point.

There you go projecting again.

Hey, that's what I see happening in protestant countries. Actually, that's how the vast majority of Christians live. Now, if you're a part of some community that is totally not like that, I apologize. Still, you have sola fide which means believe and you're saved, that's easy mode.

Dude…
You should really learn the basics of reformed theology if you want to make meaningful criticisms of it.

I said all Christians act like that didn't I?
No confession. No rules regarding contraception, fornication, divorce, fasting, mass attendance, prayer. Should I go on? You are seriously going to argue you have more rules to follow than Catholics?
Oh, and please go on a tirade how works aren't necessary for salvation because faith saves but faith without works is dead so you still need the works, even though they aren't necessary for salvation.

Turn teh other cheek brah.

Is this a contest to see how stupid we can look in one post, because I'm not sure I can top that.

No, because circumstances change because of what you do (but God's providence still do with it because he know all the way we can take).

You can't do that through the Magesterium. The corruption runs deeper than just one man. You guys need to through out a bunch of heretics, heretics even by Catholic standards, with any sane and godly mean necessary.

You clearly don't understand what you are talking about:
reformed.org/documents/wcf_with_proofs/
reformed.org/documents/canons_of_dordt.html
reformed.org/documents/baptist_1689.html
Heck, look at the hub page: reformed.org/documents/index.html
But of course, you clearly show you'll just ignore anything we say. "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid." (Proverbs 12:1)
Yes, so we can laugh at you, and pray that the Lord helps you to be less haughty and foolish.
Not about the quantity but that the rules are derived from Scripture and Scripture alone.
And waste more of our time on you? No way!

What Bergoglio's history? He has always accepted Hell as real place.

(((They))) are splintering your religion. Your god's presence in this realm will wane.

GK Chesterton was a longtime friend of HG Wells, and he was a faithful catholic writer.

Hopefully, Bergoglio's hilarious antics will translate to converts to Orthodoxy. Until then, it's fun watching all the mental gymnastics.

Ok I'll become sedevacantist

Not surprising at all. catholicism, not even once.

Attached: 1521874652910.jpg (480x319, 44.18K)

Attached: mfw.jpg (1200x1200, 231.89K)

I am Catholic not because of the pope anyway; nice to see I was right all along: how much we are hated from inside and outside.
I will never give up this faith: we had worse popes and we survived. Call us cucks, I don't give a damn: our Lord was called a bastard and a crazy liar by the Pharisees; and His disciplines betrayed and sold Him out. In the end He is the winner upon the world, and I am just a simple follower of Him and His Church no matter her faults.

So there is no Hell eternal due to the incapability of redemption to not save those lost to Sin , sounds normal coming from The Pope whom has more Hope than anyone of us .

In a statement released on Mar. 29, after Scalfari's report garnered worldwide attention, the Vatican said:

Neatly hidden at the bottom of the article. Lord, give me strength.

Attached: f10ba363053b3d61dafff73408dd644f1c71ee7db5ddc64e03bff41a4798ffd7.png (1334x750, 1.15M)

How long until he says that god isn’t real?
Place your bets

Who?

He won't, just as he never in an actual source said Hell isn't real, and indeed has quite vigorously and publicly opposed this idea.

La Creatura…

Attached: la creatura.gif (640x550, 203.51K)

This man does the devil's bidding. Mark my words, this man has given himself to darkness.

This.

Well, I applaud your principled stand, even if you would be better becoming Orthodox or Calvinist.

This post-modern nonsense doesn't infect the Catholic alone. We Protestants have been dealing with liberal main-liners for awhile. We're only seeing the effects of those who abandon the One who is the Truth.

Give a few years more or less, unless the traditionalists manage to successfully go DEUS VULT on the Vatican.

He'll say that god is a woman first.

These threads are just a circle jerk for prots, sedes, and orthos. Anyone have the "we have this thread everyday" pic?

Reminder that Francis is the final pope according to St. Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes.

>>>Zig Forums11426746

Not going to mass is a grave sin.

Now you're getting it.

Said blasphemy comes from an extremely suspect source and contradicts everything Francis has said about Hell, so it's very improbable that it's a real view of his.

Then he should personally make a statement clarifying his stance.

Vatican: Don’t trust report that Pope Francis denied reality of hell

Attached: 2013-03-14T180331Z_1181364387_LR2E93E1E5KLE_RTRMADP_3_POPE.JPG (1024x708, 97.77K)

Cute. But why would he give that interview in the first place if that magazine supposedly misrepresented his words before? And why on earth would Francis consider this man to be a friend?
Seems to me that either the Catholic News Agency is lying because they know what that statement would mean for his legitimacy or the pope likes hanging out with heretics that "Bear false witness".

at last ,a non-depressing comment

He has made his stance suficiently clear already, by repeatedly referring to Hell and warning people of going there (e.g. in his adress to Mafia in March 2014, or in the Lenten message for 2016), while never calling this doctrine into dispute. The same is true for other similar claims Francis supposedly made in his meetings (this one wasn't even an interview, apparently just a private meeting on the occasion of Easter) with Scalfari: they tend to contradict - and very blatantly, the supposed responses aren't vague in this respect - everything he says and preaches in public; if these positions were really held by the pope, you would expect him to either teach them or at least, even vaguely, suggest them to be possibly true or open to debate.

But you don't see this, you see Francis everywhere teaching, even emphatically, that such heresies aren't true, and the only place where you can find them said - not even alluded to, but bluntly and definitively declared - by the pope are the notoriously unreliable interpretations and reconstructions of one atheistic journalist. It's a very unrealistic story, and had it been someone else than the pope being accused here, I doubt anyone would care about it.

Attached: C9Yy2gKXkAIRtdR.jpg (800x532, 143.69K)

This.
But the religion will be a tool of the imperial state to come.