What does Zig Forums think of this practice?

What does Zig Forums think of this practice?

Ridiculous

Yeah, no.
If Saint Peter thought he was unworthy of being cruficied like Christ, I don't think random catholics being cruficied in cheap wallmart outfit is appropriate at all.

Attached: 8c88c8b8228bdeea61484a25f6d765e88890b30e5a8275ca61c2c1db1d246b7a.jpg (960x720, 123.6K)

/thread

Christians are totally against Roman Catholic practices like this.

Its vanity on top of being insane.
If you're not being persecuted, or lawfully executed then you have no business being nailed to a cross.

Orthos are so weird with their ethnic practices

It's a good way to educate people on the Passion of Christ and keep faith alive.

It's like a screenplay, it's not random Catholics getting crucified.

As goofy as this is its not as embarrassing as protestants going "soul winning" lmao

Its catholic narcissism…the Filipinos do this often

What in the blue blazes is this heresy?

Attached: 1311507314015.gif (193x135, 1.4M)

In all seriousness, what makes this any different from kids re-enacting the Passion at Church or Mel Gibson & (((Hollywood))) doing the same?

>inb4 dats idolatry, user

Attached: 6c3.png (904x542, 25.57K)

hmmm is this like a zen koan?

>nevermind that people have been live re-enacting this before (((Hollywood))) was ever made

Attached: 1498355764161.png (224x966, 89.41K)

We do it here in Brazil as well. Why do you call it narcissism?

Wow. At least when they do it at the Holy Land in Orlando it's for educational purposes. I mean props for their devotion, but that's a bit silly.

This tbh. “Soulwinning” is extremely cringey. I enjoy listening to pastor Anderson, but when he says that Jesus went soulwinning, I cringe.

All heresies are cringy.

Certainly trying to convert people is admirable. But the problem is that these easy believism prots think you can have one conversation with a person, and if they pray the sinner’s prayer BOOM they’ve definitely saved for all eternity. To their credit a lot of other protestants critcise this mindset heavily.

Unnecessary – Christ's sacrifice is pointless to repeat.

Nevertheless, as a dramatic play of the original event, I guess in certain cultures it might be fruitful. I mean, no one here is going to tell-off Jim Caviezel for "playing" the role he did, are they? The pinoy are just don't have the budget for make-up effects for the nails through the hands should be wrists so, they go "full live action".

Still, I like where this guy's head is at
And this

And I lol'd at this

Not that guy, but I'm guessing he means it's virtue-signalling of the crowd and guy being nailed. Like "it's all about meeeeeee and look at my holey hands, mang"-kind of thing

Attached: Mel-is-unimpressed.jpg (350x227, 11.66K)

LARP

Don't like it. I see in it hints of imperfect conversions. That's the reason why I don't wear crucifix, because I'm afraid if people associate my imperfect behaviour with my faith.

Nothing wrong with that; many Mediterranean and Latino people do this, I am one of them and I kinda see it as a child trying to show his father he recalls a poem or something like that.

Look at what happened yesterday in Brazil.

Attached: 1522522557475.mp4 (640x352, 6.56M)

Which is worse tho?

he apparently got arrested
Was in my local fedoratown newspaper