An informal society for the veneration of the Confederate Confessors

I'm sincerely thinking about trying to set up a society for Orthodox, Catholics, and High-Church Protestants to venerate Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, J. E. B. Stuart, and Jefferson Davis as unofficial or informal saints.
Of course this would entail the creation of:
for them and receiving priests' blessings for the creation and use of such things. I sincerely feel that these men deserve to be honored for their virtue and their great devotion to Christ.
What do you think? Is it worth doing? Is it heretical? Is it LARP-y?

Attached: c9f165036f24d4966b9292a9faaa2009.jpg (479x650, 101.57K)

As much as I hate the government a big no to this. Now if you want to start a militia thats different

Yes it's crazy larpy

I think you need to find a more important hobby

I wouldn't ho so far as to canonize them. But im curious as to what they did to warrent it.

I'm from the southarn US and I can't understand peoples' infatuation with the Confederacy. The Civil War is an interesting and tragic piece of our history that should never be forgotten no doubt, but I just can't understand why people love the idea of the Confederate States so much. It was destined for failure to begin with and it's not like it was inherently any more religious or conservative than the north. And besides, even if you're a total white supremacist, the Confederacy was still in the wrong because they were bringing Africans to America.

Honestly I popped in here hoping for but not expecting any April Fools shitposting and was pleasantly surprised. That being said don't joke about people at the forefront of a fight for chattel slavery having great devotion to Christ, I can't imagine he's happy with that.

What an April’s fool: a society where different denominations come together! Damn, what a prankster!

What did they ever do to get the veneration and honor of saints?
Fight for their country and economy?
Are there reported miracles done in their name?

Seriously OP, why?

Please only venerate canonized saints

No Catholic or Orthodox would agree to this.

Uncanonical on so many levels.

Firstly, no.
>implying they are presently in heaven just because you think they did based political things
What the heck is becoming of this joke of a board?

Attached: the-kind-of-tired-sleep-wont-fix.jpg (255x184, 8.83K)

Only if it happens before midday
oops

It's true though. The bible was the main defense for slavery.

Read philemon on this

So? The Bible condoned slavery

You shall burn in hell, where all you ancestors await you.

Idolatry, fornication and blasphemy.

salty Jamal detected.

"slaves obey your masters"

Kidnapping for slaves is declared a capital offense in Exodus 21:16 and Ephesians 6, that same chapter that tells slaves to obey their masters, also states masters are not to even threaten their slaves. Slavery can be done ethically because liberty, as much as I enjoy it, is not a virtue, and given its rampancy in the ancient world rules to keep it clean were necessary. That doesn't change
fact that the Bible unambiguously condemns the practices of American slave traders and slave owners.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's heretical, but it is really, really larpy and disrespectful.

Even if any of these men were of Apostolic faith, and even putting their personal politics and motivations aside, you need to find convincing evidence that they lived lives worthy of emulation and devotion, not to mention at least two confirmed miracles each.
"Virtue" and "Patriotism" aren't nearly enough, or otherwise we could technically also venerate pre-Christian heroes from Rome, Greece, Germania etc.
Then there's the final part of the perception of others. I don't normally mind the opinion of non-Christians in a lot of faith-related matters, but it will really just look like you are trying to pitch in to the culture war and deliberately provoke others to anger (which, if so, is a sin). This is kind of like saying "How great would it be to cast a white actor to play MLK?! LOL!"

Not a good idea.

Just start a militia. Sounds like you'd be idolizing them

Esoteric hitlerism-tier

They fought against their country

They're not saints.
Good fine men that did nothing wrong in fighting the Yankee but they're not saints.