Incendiary weapons thread

Lets have a incendiary weapons thread. Post anything relating to Incendiary weapons (Images, PDFs, Videos etc). How effective would flamethrowers be for modern standards? How would flamethrowers effect the common foot soldier's morale?

Attached: Greek fire.jpg (700x587 521.93 KB, 172.17K)

What's Zig Forums opinion on this bad boy right here?

Attached: RPO-A_missile_and_launcher.jpg (800x600 134 KB, 344.02K)

10 ways to burn yourself alive, by Ragnar Benson

Paladin Press, Incendiaries
God I love that 8ch still has these threads.

Attached: 1540048105340.png (500x821, 193.86K)

As far as morale goes, flamethrowers are great against your enemy when they're used, but until then are a 'walking dead man' syndrome so it's a double edged sword. Honestly if it were my platoon I wouldn't use them. Incendiary grenades and molotov's would suffice.

They were all universally replaced by incendiary rocket launchers that have more range, weigh a ton less, don't have to be pressurized, and make you a little less of a giant target.

Attached: M202A2_multi-short_portable_flame_Weapon.jpg (1024x697, 220.24K)

Apparently Winston Churchill had this to say about Napalm.
The more I read about Churchill, the more I hate him.

Attached: napalm.jpg (720x540, 50.31K)

Incendiary weapons are necessary for war, but only a small part of it. Your enemy should fear the flesh, the past, and the visible. Scar the enemy so that for generations they know what horrors they will face when threatening you. Fire works wonders for this as the slants still have to see their grandparents and parent's scarred flesh. Chemical weapons are also necessary, but for another reason. The sheer amount of still births and miscarriages is frightful enough from agent orange, but the ones that survive are horrid creatures barely human. We created monstrosities from their own gene pool. The are constant reminders of the past war that wrecked havoc in their nation. But most important of all is the destruction of land. Soon enough the scarred flesh will rot and decay. Soon enough the war on their DNA will right itself. But their land will last forever. Destroy it with the largest detonations known to man. Leave no area untouched. When they see the crater in the town square a century from now they will wonder when another bomb will land in the same spot.
Fire is a great weapon of war, but only one.

Attached: 0809202504243_50_1376124592576.jpg (1600x1255 4.16 MB, 464.44K)

Just as was intended, I am so thankful there are anons who can put such beauty into words.

Attached: Leopoldov Prison - Flesh - Sie kommt die Treppe hoch.webm (475x267, 3.68M)

Incendiary weapon sounds like the perfect urban weapon to me.

Imagine that instead of just knocking it down, or go in doing CQC shit that is very dangerous, you just burn it down, or torch down the interior. The high temperature, smoke and lack of oxygen will kill alone, no need for the flame.

Is that a war crime?

The US dropping the nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the UK burning down Drezda are the two undeniable examples that it's not a war crime if you win. Don't even get me started on the Soviets…

Hence the TOS-1, Russia's solution to defensive fortifications and occupied cities alike. There's nothing quite like thermobaric weapons.

Attached: TOS-1.mp4 (320x240, 3.91M)

Man, the US could have done this instead of focusing all the money on muh air strikes.

I want a 500 yard flame thrower. That's all I want.

Thermobaric weapons aren't flamethrowers though. They don't set anything on fire. They spread "fuel" in the air and give it a millisecond to spread and mix with the oxygen before detonating everything. This generates a big explosion, not a flame, and it will not set anything on fire either.

When will you learn?

Attached: Smug #0177.jpg (458x454, 46.08K)

Solid-state lasers are surprisingly compact and a backpack full of lithium batteries could easily supply several kilowatts. It wouldn't exactly be a flamethrower but it would start fires from a great distance.

Attached: diode laser.jpg (1000x750, 63.61K)

They didn't know it would do that then. It certainly wasn't done on purpose.

Assuming 9/11 went the way it did purely due to fires and not pre-rigged demolition charges, how many flamethrowers would one need to flatten Manhattan?

What exactly was the chemical composition of that Greek Fire stuff?

It's seem I've found a tiny little ray of hope for the future.

Depends on who you ask. To me, the most likely solution was naptha, resin, and quicklime (CaO). However, people have also suggested bitumen, animal fat, sulfur, potassium bitartrate, and saltpeter, which I think may have been used as well, though to what degrees I don't know.

was it true that Greek fire combusted when exposed to air? Or did it first need spark or flame to immolate?

Why do Americans never fail to disappoint me? You lead me to think you've done one good thing in history, and you even fail at that in the end. What the fuck is wrong with you people? At least I'll always have the Jews.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Zombieland Saga - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.26_[2018.10.29_22.24.32].jpg (841x719, 89.45K)

A flame isn't the same as an explosion. One is a prolonged burning process causing a slow release of energy in the form of heat to the surrounding area, the other is a quick expansion of hot gasses with the intent of creating a shock-wave.

Lots. An average 737 has a fuel capacity of roughly 50 to 70 tonns.
Assuming that this is the exact amount of fuel required to weaken an average building to the point of collapse (which it is not), you would need 6.5 to 9,1 thousand tonns to destroy the 130 tallest buildings of New York City. However: there are more than 6000 registered "highrise" buildings and many many more just below that limit.
6.5 thousand tonns of Kerosene costs roughly 32.5 million US dollars, not counting for rebate on buying large quantities, or the cost of transport/storage.

However: this calculation is absolute dogshit.
How much fuel it takes to make a building collapse depends entirely on the building, and the way you start the fire. Using existing furniture (or cars in an underground garage) to keep the fire going will drastically increase the temperature of the fire. Smoke detectors and sprinklers can ruin your plans entirely. Closing all windows before starting the fire will mean that less oxygen enters the building, and thus it will not burn as hot.
Some older buildings still use wood, which will burn like hell, other modern ones have hallways designed in a way that heat is transferred away from structural elements. You would need to either douse the entire city in fuel, or autistically inspect each building, plan how you start the fire, and how you will ignite all of them at once, causing the fire services to be completely overwhelmed.