User makes blue-prints for a gun

Hey Zig Forums, I'm trying to brainstorm up a design for a mag fed slam-fire rifle. I'm stumped as to how I add a few mechanism while keeping it a slam fire weapon, but this is what I have so far. After I figure out how to implement all of the mechanism, I will make an accurate blueprint for both a rifle and pistol calibre.
Thoughts on what I have so far?

Attached: mag fed slam fire.png (688x453, 15.8K)

I'll be back with a diagram of the weapon from the top. After a few seconds of tism, I may have come up with a mechanism that loads the round into the chamber, I will also make a closeup of that diagram as well once I have it figured out.

Update, I may or may not have just come up with the first bump-fire slam weapon

Yeah can't really tell what the fuck is supposed to be happening in your "blue-prints".

Hopefully this helps

Attached: mag fed slam fire chambering mechanism..png (996x586, 43.22K)

Also, if the spring has enough resistance, I could add an ejection mechanism to the purple bits, so it would latch onto the bullet, and fling it to one side after the rear-handle has been pulled back.

So you push forward to chamber the round, then push more to fire it? Simply pushing forward is going to be very unreliable in popping that primer. You need a sudden, sharp impact. Second you're not going to contain the gases. The mechanism is going to blow open, and you're going to have 30,000 psi gas vented into the receiver blowing out your magazine, throwing bits of brass out of the ejection port, and maybe wrecking your receiver depending on materials. I appreciate you're thinking about things, but you should really study how open-bolt firearms work first. That will give you a good idea on the physics at play here and why this would be unreliable and possibly quite dangerous. No reasonable amount of spring will solve this issue either.

Yeah, I realised that the finished product would have to be sealed quite tight so we don't go kablooey. I might have even tried to add that if it weren't for not wanting to spend literally a thousand hours in MSpaint.
As for getting a reliable strike every time, you're a 100% right. I guess I shouldn't have put it as "push, and push again" I should have just said "one solid push". I was also thinking, if the handle is moved forwards a tad bit, and made it where it could slide back and forwards, you could add some means of tension to it such as a band as I stated before, and have it connect to the rear of the firing mechanism. This would utilise the weapon's recoil, and maybe result in a more reliable strike?
Like you pointed out though, I'm no firearms guru, and I definitely have research to do. This was just a theoretical firing mechanism I came up with in the spur of the moment, and is far from refined or accurate in details. it would honestly be cheaper and easier to buy an AR, and build a bump frame for it
Anyways, thanks for the input.

Might like into the Cobray Terminator. Really the opposite of what you're thinking of as in it the barrel moves rather than the receiver, but it might give you an idea of what needs to happen.

Wew
That could be a wonderful design if tweaked accordingly

I meant that in regards to, if I tweaked my design using that principle. The Terminator is a weird shit

Why.

Also, Fusion 360 and FreeCAD are pretty easy to find.

Attached: unknown.png (1056x703, 32.61K)

if you can get this far you should just make an open bolt smg

These are better options, I just wanted to see if I could make a mag fed slam fire though
I guess the thread is kill then.

Hold on strelok, here's an idea;

It's that easy. The slam mechanism should be forward of the magazine, no clue what your past mechanism was trying to accomplish. Basically what you want is a slam fire that fires by racking the barrel backwards, rather than forwards like on the 4 winds or whatever it was.

Speaking of makeshift weapons. Does anyone have any blueprints for a double barrel shotgun?

heres my shitposting

Attached: what.png (1221x523, 16.59K)

Improved design.

Attached: shitpostingonpaint.png (1221x523, 46.96K)

user, check idahoanshow on youtube, he's made "reverse pump action shotgun" not long ago, if you're interested.

Attached: disappointed pepe.jpg (550x422, 34.81K)

A for autistic effort, but how do you intend to keep I high pressure seal between the charging and firing mechanisms, and how would you keep the two from separating entirely after the first round is fired?

out

Why not jury rig a crossbow to fire shotshells?

Attached: SHTBB0.png (171x92, 2.21K)

No real chamber pressure, at least with the way it is in your drawing

It's a sprite I ripped, but…

Attached: SHBWA0.png (167x110 1.34 KB, 2.79K)

Slamfire shotgun is much better

is a winchester model 21 from the 1930's good enough?

Nothing holding shell in chamber. The shell would fly out the back upon firing and likely blow a bunch of debris back toward the shooter.

Pointless and dangerous.
Now mounting a single shot shotgun on top of a crossbow, that may be an interesting survival tool.

Since my almonds have been activated, why not mount a slamfire onto a crossbow?

I like combination rifles and would dig having a gun I could take down any 300 pound animal and lighter. Slamfires are fine if that is all you have access to. But I see a break action as a massive improvement in accuracy and reload speed.

I doubt this could cycle as intended and end up just being a spring forward assist of sorts. It’d be easier to make an open bolt gun. However I did have reverse engineering plans of the guy who had a slam fire shotgun with a magazine. If you look up the photo of the original it isn’t hard to derive

Suggest looking up the formulas for thin walled cylinders from deforms/mechanics of materials and incorporate some factor of safety

Attached: 9d5.png (680x680, 59.44K)

Quit being so autistic, krautbro.

In all seriousness, this could be done. Imagine how normal rifles feed, they have a bolt that slides forward, grabbing a round from the magazine and inserting it into the chamber. If the bolt has a fixed firing pin, it then fires the round.
The only thing preventing you from making the BOLT fixed and the BARREL/CHAMBER the moving part is the fact that magazines feed back to front. If you could figure out a way for the chamber to scoop up a round out of a magazine and move it back into a stationary bolt and firing pin this could work just fine.
I suppose you could possibly modify a magazine to feed the wrong direction… Not sure. Fun idea though I like it. Semi-auto slamfire.
There was a guy who made a semi-auto slamfire shotgun once, he got around the "mag feed" issue by simply having it a gravity fed top-down magazine. The barrel moved forward, a shell dropped into the barrel/slide, then he slammed it home. It was finiky, but it worked. Pretty sure his jewtube channel got nuked though. Still, you could do that. Wouldn't be the first weapon to have a magazine instead of sights

Attached: BURTON MACHINE RIFLE.jpg (1500x1000, 171.43K)

The perfect gun, if I do say so myself.

Attached: Mk. CCCCCCXXXXXXIIIIII 'Satan'.png (1080x464, 19.2K)

*infects you with tism*

This exists. It is called a blow forward firearm. Forgotten weapons has a good slow-mo video of the Schwarzlose 1908 demonstrating such a mechanism.

It's literally the same process but with different moving parts. You could probably keep the extractor and ejector on the bolt as well. All you need to do is make sure that the barrel and new rounds from the magazine line up properly.
Bad news: this system is needlessly complicated. You are moving way more mass than necessary, you are moving it in the opposite direction of recoil and your barrel becomes a moving part making zero very hard to maintain.

yes

behold

Attached: subgun.png (939x613, 22.24K)

RoyalNonesuch I see you get out of here STALKER