CATHOLICS, LEARN NOW OF YOUR MISTAKES

Jesus tells you Catholics, this, and yet you still call men your "father"

Matthew 23 - (And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Matthew 6:6 - (But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father
which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Attached: 1.jpg (474x355, 21.55K)

Do you also call your biological father your masculine parental unit?
The bible tells to never call a man father when father carries the abstract idea of God. Calling means relating to an abstract concept, not the sound itself.
Words are just pointers to abstract concepts, and they can point to multiple very different meanings.

Fuck off, divide and conquer useful idiot.

Cathys btfo. Range ban cathys ortho empire begins

People have intentions to call their fathers dads because they are truly dads as God is also the father, people who call a random man who thinks he is holy "father" is in the wrong.
God knows we call our dad's father because there is no other name we know them by and that they are the man who had helped birth us, and they are dad, but a man who is not blood related to us nor is God cannot be called father.

Turn to Baptism.

W…e ortho now user?

Attached: 4e046a9f5baaead1b80df5e9148ecad2dd27418b2e7e05305409eaeccce3f432.jpg (960x858, 135.68K)

CALL NO MAN FATHER
DAD AND FATHER ARE SYNONYMS WHEN YOU CALL YOUR DAD 'DAD' YOU'RE STILL CALLING HIM FATHER. TURN AWAY FROM YOUR SIN user EMBRACE THE PRESBYLUTHERAN EPISCOPALIAN CHURCH OF THE LIVING WATERS BY THE RIVER ON THE MOUNTAIN OF ZION CHAPEL OF NORTH WEST WYOMING FOR IT IS THE ONE TRUE CHURCH

I asked about this in the discord, literally 10 caths came out of the woodwork stumbling over eachother and just raging out of control.
So sad.

Honestly, when my kids grow up and, if they accept God, they can call me by my first name or brother. They'll be my brothers and sisters in Christ at that point, I don't want to hold onto a distinction like father around Christian brethren. Every time they call me by my first name, they'll remember who their true father is and that's what I want for them.

Attached: 1522633394543.png (962x1094, 1.74M)

1 Corinthians 4:14-16

Yes, imitate as in speak to God only as the father, for Jesus did not call anyone father but God.

Your position, while seemingly strong at first, is easily eroded

lel

Jesus explained His command, "for one is your Father which is in heaven"
Jesus tells us we aren't to call men father because God is our father, not men. So, I must ask, is God my biological father? No, He isn't. But is He my spiritual father? Yes, therefore, anyone claiming to be a spiritual father (i.e. priests) is a blasphemer and breaks this command.

funny, I know many people looking for their masters on earth, none of which is Catholic. Nor Christian.

Of course a couple generations ago, things were probably a lot different.

Are you really so retarded you think words mean concepts?
They are just arrows to such concepts. Retard.

Again, it's an exaggeration to emphasize the divine attributes. Like the command of not calling anyone "good" on earth. The point is: how good is God? To the extent that nobody on earth could be called so. How fatherly acts God? To the point that nobody could be called so.

For if you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I have begotten you.

The church that is in Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you: and so doth my son Mark.

My little children, of whom I am in labour again, until Christ be formed in you.

Now, fuck off.

Oh look, Prots demonstrating their Pharisaic credentials again.

No, it's an explicit command to not do something. Is the command to worship no other god just an exaggeration to emphasize divine attributes but really it's just fine to do so as long as we also worship the true God?
There is no such command
So following the same logic, when the bible says all other gods are false, it just means God is more godly than the rest but they are still actually real gods, right?

No, thank you.
I get my more than my daily dose of 90 IQ idiots who fail at basic linguistics from your kind posting here.

I'm telling you are wrong, not Jesus.
Unless you say you speak for Him. Which is quite ironic considering your position.

>Philemon 1:11 I appeal to you for my child, Ones′imus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment
A HERESY???

/thread

Good points.

Mark 10:18