Catholic vs Orthodox - The Battle of Aesthetics

ITT lets post pics of catholic and orthodox aesthetics and see who wins. Protestants are also welcome to compete but I'm afraid when it comes to aesthetics this battle will be far out of your league.

t. that so called effeminate anime posting marian catholic celibate gnostic

All of you are also welcome to my server: /46G8u5

Attached: papalparty.jpg (550x367, 194.9K)

Baptists easily have the best aesthetics.

Attached: AD4A8C95-65BE-43F1-8743-2F4AB6DB0B96.jpeg (1360x768, 215.39K)

Attached: Jets.jpg (604x450 69.27 KB, 61.75K)

Why do protestants have no decoration whatsoever?
I'm not baiting, I truly want to know. Is it a reflection of their simplistic beliefs?

Also:

Speaking from personal experience as an ex-Presbyterian, the walls were bare because they had a big cross at the front with the pastor and band. When the service would start, they would dim the lights on most of the room and focus them on the stage. Even if they had paintings or photos on the walls, they wouldn't be seen during services.
Generally speaking I think it's just the logical outcome of iconoclasm.

Attached: Tempe Christ-chan.jpg (1277x694, 192.84K)

What absolute fools protestants are. They might as well be burning their beloved KJV Bibles since they already destroy and desecrate crucifixes of our Lord and His mother

t. OP

Attached: heretical.png (377x467, 410.64K)

cant write today

Attached: REEEE.gif (540x300, 363.73K)

I see. Thank you.

Soulwinning is much more important

We can agree on that, but if it was only that then you wouldn't have prots who break statues of Mary with hammers and tear down catholic altars

That seems like just one of the new age crappy rock band churches

That's because those are idolatrous and should be destroyed. There are nice looking protestant and Baptist churches that don't have statues

Attached: catholic art.jpg (1600x665, 297.66K)

how can you people still profess to be christian?

Attached: 85898792.jpg (683x1024, 415.7K)

I always wonder why Christ is depicted as a skinnyfaggot. Dude was a carpenter, not some pussy.

Because that isn't Jesus

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

And he had short hair
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Also he wasn't naked on the cross like he's often depicted. It says the romans put his clothes back on him

Also he wasn't that pale.

Define short hair

You would look pretty horrible>>629678
Not your definition of short. Shroud of Turin is literally a picture of Jesus. This is literally the Son of God wrapped on a piece of cloth with HIS BLOOD on it. This is the holiest of all relics, even holier than the True Cross.

But I bet you protestant heretics want that desecrated too. Judgement day will be scary for protestants when they realize that the Ever Virgin Mary is there with His Son

Attached: madonnaandtheChild.JPG (382x370, 21.84K)

Yeah, it was more of an Evangelical 'positive thinking' group than anything else. I never even knew that Presbyterians were Calvinist until I made an effort to learn about theology myself because the catechism they gave me was that bad.

Attached: image7.jpg (624x673, 114.83K)

Attached: 9de76e47574c14f2d3c50336e01e90ac562c506f1bc4e0874b47e0a6a97e8a83.jpg (750x523, 71.47K)

Just google image search "short male hair"

typical protestants

Attached: boss.JPG (101x119, 10.01K)

No, he had a seperate cloth for his face
6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,

7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.

1 Corinthians 11
You probably could have just copy and pasted the aoute into to google and it would pop up

Attached: 1468026787635.png (600x600, 325.62K)

They had actual short hair back then to

Attached: 7498678B-8FD3-49A0-84F5-5FFB73D1E7A8.jpeg (1184x1600, 228.14K)

During the resurrection God allowed His face to be imprinted to the cloth dude

Attached: 6fffca3dc4b99fe4549e7f14d44812c8.jpg (1169x1415, 381.7K)

No, it would have been on the seperate napkin for his face not the one for his body

Idolatry*

So on the Good Friday of the passion of our Lord is it a sin when the faithful kiss the crucifix as a sign of love for Jesus' sacrifice on the cross?

Attached: 164931114.jpg (683x1024, 318.55K)

Attached: dolphins.jpg (259x194, 9.69K)

Easy there John C. Lilly.

Orthodox have the best esthetics.
Catholics lose point for 2 things: 1) religious art isn't theological enough, 1.5) religious art isn't prevalent in church enough, 2) a lot of modern Catholic religious art you see in church is garbage.
Everything else Catholic is kino though. I'm not hating.

pics or didn't happen

pic related is catholic aesthetic

Attached: stanthony.jpg (800x931, 172.21K)

To quote some Calvinist
The "napkin" was the sudarium or facecloth (i.e. the "Sudarium of Oviedo") a smaller cloth placed over a Jewish corpses' face and around its head (as we do in our Western culture). As in the Rovere painting above, in the tomb the facecloth was removed, Jesus' body was laid on the lower half of the Shroud, and then the top half of the Shroud was taken over His head and overlapped at His feet.

Calvin doesn't seem to understand that the "napkin" or headcloth (the Sudarium of Oviedo) was first taken off Jesus' head and then the Shroud was drawn over His body, "The sudarium … was used during the descent from the cross and during the transport of the body to the tomb … It was then removed and placed separately in the tomb":

"Garcia's studies show that the Sudarium of Oviedo had to have been used before wrapping the body in any other linen, particularly in the Shroud of Turin. The image of the face on the Shroud of Turin, as well as that of the lateral surface of the head, negates the possibility that this person had another linen placed around his head. The stains of blood on the Sudarium of Oviedo also point in the same direction. The sudarium therefore, was not part of the shrouding process. It was used during the descent from the cross and during the transport of the body to the tomb, in order to cover the disfigured face of Jesus, according to the orders of the Sanhedrin, and to prevent loss of blood. It was then removed and placed separately in the tomb. John 20:7 also indicates that Jesus, had the Sudarium placed on his head before the burial, but not after. It would have been necessary to remove the cloth in order to anoint the facial wounds, and would not have been used to cover the face once again due to the large amount of blood it contained. It was sufficient to wrap the body in a clean white linen shroud, and is unthinkable that a dirty, bloodstained linen would have left in place on the head of Jesus. While Jewish burial customs would have exempted Jesus from the washing ritual, a clean shroud was required by law."

Yes

what do u think of my room man? is it idolatry?

Attached: homealtar.jpg (2608x4624, 1.48M)

Despite the fact that I love Catholic Architecture (I'm bit of Gothic-a-boo), I absolutely despise their iconography.

Attached: sanctuary.jpg (811x608, 116.12K)

Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

yes

what do u think of my room man? is it idolatry?>>629731
but even from a non catholic perspective. It's Child Christ and His mother Mary. Whats so bad about that?

You realise all the honor given to Mary is because she is the Theotokos, mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, and all the praise is strictly because of Him?
For example, in an old church song, she is the golden doorknob, because she opened the way.

Yes

John 4:24 "God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

Could be, as most protestants have no idea what to believe. Hence all the various denominations.

Comfy.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
Christ grew inside of Mary and she gave him birth, so to follow His steps, we must grow within her so we can be born like Jesus Christ. She gave birth to Christ, the head of the Church, she need to give birth to other parts of the body, us, or have you ever witness a mother giving birth to only the head of a child?

No joke that's the most pagan thing I've ever seen on this board