Pray for the community in /lds/, or the Mormons

Pray for the community in /lds/, or the Mormons.

They're trapped in a borderline slave-like shaming cult and many people are escaping it and tearing it apart in subreddits and in internet leaks.

There's even heavy censorship in a fucking Zig Forums board.

8ch.net/lds/res/19.html

If Islam is a death cult, Mormonism seems like a psychological torture club.

Attached: quote-andersen-1173303-wallpaper.jpg (852x754 226.25 KB, 214.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/n5apM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We should flood their board.

lol

I pray a lot for Mormons. I think a lot of them dislike their church as an institution but feel trapped or feel like the religion is unrelated to it. I know two Mormons, one of whom is a friend of mine I met online and one of whom is very close to me irl. Neither of them really like the church very much, and I've heard the latter say that if she found a way to not be Mormon she wouldn't be. I think they are drawn by the idea of continuing revelation, that God hasn't abandoned us (which of course, he hasn't, but it's much more pronounced by their living "prophets"). I think showing them the light is just as much if not more about showing them doctrinal errors than it is just showing the corruption of their church.

The best place to know about the lies of Mormonism is ironically Reddit, because it has the biggest community of ex-Mormons.

Stop assuming that the entirety of Reddit is cancer when there are subreddits, especially religious and philosophical ones, that contain goldmines of information.

Everyone assumes that I'm a registered le reddid xd user due to "reddit spacing" but if you want to learn about the bullshit that Mormonism is this will probably be the best source, that eventually leads to other sources.

This meme needs to die

It also has the biggest community of atheists.
Really makes you think.

I somewhat agree, with at least real Christian propaganda. They're less open to discussion than other religious boards.

Many are afraid of apostasy due to being raised Mormon and because they're already guilt ridden to the point of fear of a complete change in worldview.

X has a lot of atheists, therefore X in its entirety is atheist without exception.

Guess what? There's probably a larger amount of furry pansexuals in Zig Forums than Christians. It makes no difference, we're talking about specific communities here.

Then stay in reddit, dude. It's clearly better than this dumb ol' website. Enjoy the SJW mods while you're there, too.

You're missing the point of the thread, but you're probably clearly trolling at this point. Or are from /lds/. Or have been in imageboards for just months.

You have to go back

Here's that Mormon video that always gets posted in these threads. Be aware though, that a lot of Mormons won't accept the weird things presented in here as official doctrines (like Jesus having multiple wives or God being a man just once). Since it's not in their Scriptures, they deny it. So if the only proof you have is some "apostle" saying it randomly, it won't work. If it's a general conference or something though, you might have better luck.
Look, m8, I'm glad you're bringing these things up, but your reddit spacing is NOT doing you any favors, and frankly it's a little obnoxious. Now is not the time to white knight reddit. Now is the time to understand proper evangelization of Mormons.

last part meant for
sage for double post

ENDLESS

Let's do it. We need to spread the truth of the Gospel.

Gee, sounds like someplace we know

Yeh, it gets out of hand, I'm sort of used to it. Krautchan deleted that spacing afaik

On it, they've deleted my posts for several days now

Doesn't ring a bell

Kek'd. I think the flags being gone has helped a little though. Not as many (((Rule 2))) bans that I've noticed as of late, though I also browsed a little less during Lent.

Many gods, one author.

Attached: snake.jpg (763x600, 63.08K)

IRL too, have you seen these vids from Apologia Studios debating Mormons?

I love their videos witnessing to Mormons. Jeff Durbin is amazing; his ministry is quite fruitful.

Word.

Reddit can be useful as a tool for gathering rare information but that's really it. Everything about the site and how it's structured is objectively shit and the only reason why you should ever use it is for that reason, to collect information that you cannot or will have extreme difficulty collecting otherwise. For example if I needed info for a card game that hasn't been in production for years and the users on /tg/ know little to nothing about it, I might search reddit for people that played that game when it was still popular. This is the truth about reddit but it's better to shame it all together because, even with that one very small upside, we don't want the community here to think reddit is an ok website to use because if that happens, we will get more and more redditors thinking they're welcome. If you don't know why this is a problem you should unironically, and I mean it, leave because clearly you haven't seen site after site be destroyed by invaders thinking they're welcome. I mean shit look at 4chan right now. If you used the site at what I used to considered to be at it's worst when I left it around 2013-2014 and look at it now, you can tell the posting style has changed dramatically in a way that is unprecedented for the site outside of winnie the poohing chanology. If you compare the posting style to an edgy redditor and a modern 4chan poster, there is little to no difference. Hell, with such boards as /lgbt/ being popular, it wouldn't surprise me if tumblr has a small group of cross posters that refuse to learn the customs. This disgusts me and I very much dislike how you see no problem with this. Learn the history of the sites you use and learn why the practices you display are hurting the community you try and infest.
t.a tigger thats tired of this shit.

TL;DR go back from where you came from

you

Reddit spacing

Tigger

Attached: Where_do_you_think_we_are.png (3840x2160, 3.85M)

Sounds about right, while we watch our own thoughts and actions, Mormons are busy watching each other. That's a grave sin;

"You hypocrite! First cast out the beam from thine own eye, and then thou shalt see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Attached: ThatsHeresy.png (625x941, 282.56K)

Anyone told >>>/lds/ about revelation 1:18 and hebrews 9:16 yet?

Why is that called reddit spacing?
I always used to post like this but quit because everybody thought I was a redditor.
Off-topic sage.

It's a chan-culture thing. Probably because spacing looks spiffy on modern social media style websites.

What is wrong with you?

You have to go back

No you.

Attached: 1524771065917.jpg (750x724, 100.77K)

Utahn here. This is the Mormon capital pretty much, but I'm not a Mormon. I have grown up in this state surrounded by them, so I can confirm and say that these guys are more than often psychologically hurt . I envy their community, desires to start families and such, but to put it in light term, I can't believe their words at all.

That being said, nearly 80 percent of the people I've met in my state who are athiests, non-religious, pagan, or some mascara covered modern spiritual belief, in this state have grown up in a Mormon family, unhappy. They almost always say "I love spirituality but despise religion," which is depressing to me. I noted how it's as if Mormon kids on their phase-stage embrace and love the luciferian type of life. Luckily, I grew up in a more secular household, and ended up more religious than both my father (ex-catholic) and my mother (ex-mormon), which could be why I'm so open to religion and Christ.

Anyways, I notice that Mormonism tears at people's faith, and trust in God, once they leave the church, and go down a path of the modern Western American who completely indulges their life in materialism, sex, and cringe worthy habits. Of course there's that 20 percent who become religious in a "rock Jesus" church sense. And a lot of these people, when they're done with the shit carosel, become the "go to church once every Easter and Christmas-eve" type, which is just a why bother in my opinion.

I don't know how some of these people fall so hard out from the church, but it almost ALWAYS seems to be from Mormon families. Although I notice the same in Catholicism, baptists, but it seems EXTRA bad with the Mormons.

I ALSO got to point out a lot of these people who stay in the church are REALLY MISERABLE. You can see it in their eyes. Almost all of the Protestant converts of Mormons I've met say the same thing: "I felt I wasn't good enough for God and hated myself for that." It's honestly heartbreaking to me.

So yeah, I pray for Mormons, and their children especially.

Attached: nuEa3Qa.jpg (720x960, 142.11K)

This, it's always what i run into myself online, and the few times Irl. And it's always like you said from Mormonism, in your case over there, or Generic, low hanging fruit protestantism, that offers no real basis in theology. Personally when i started looking for the truth questioning my beliefs, and looking for what was true, i ended up at orthodoxy. Im still very new, so im not gona harp on that part to much, but you're right it's always these unfulfilling faiths that i notice people fall out with. And that's where you usually end up with these edge lords later on asking *If god Good, why he do bad?* Etc. And it's like they're dying, that, they're just dying for good theology, but they don't even know it's out there. I know man there's a lot of that going on out there, but just gotta inform people spread the word.

low effort, 2/10

Dangers of Mormonism:
imgur.com/a/n5apM

It seems like Mormonism creates people who feel trapped. There's a very large focus on FEELINGS within the Mormon community from what I've seen. That their conviction comes from a feeling, and lacking that feeling is something that nobody wants to admit to. Whereas, in any more theologically serious faith (whether it be the RCC, EO, Lutherans, etc), while feelings are good, it doesn't matter as much if you aren't "feeling it" any given Sunday. The Sanctus is still the Sanctus whether I'm feeling it or not, and I'm still singing it. It's something my gf, a Mormon, brings up often. She doesn't like the church or a lot of the things she do, but she can't get the feeling she has there anywhere else. I've taken her to Divine Service (high church Lutheran term for Mass) a couple of times, and she told me that there's so much "we're not worthy" and begging for mercy, and that while that's good, God is supposed to be our Father and she doesn't feel it there. It's very much a feelings thing for a lot of them. That's why presenting them with theological contradictions or their church turning back on its teachings (polygamy, Adam-God, etc) often doesn't work.

I was actually considering becoming Orthodox or Catholic funny enough. I'm very new myself around here, so it'll be a while before I decide which one.

It started as a D&C thing in Zig Forums Was spammed on pretty much every thread, and people were confused. Eventually it caught on, ironically, probably by reddit newfags who forced the meme.