I know Mormonism is 100% bullshit, but still find myself a little jealous of their way of life/community...

I know Mormonism is 100% bullshit, but still find myself a little jealous of their way of life/community. I think what I want is a Christianity that is communal to the borderline of cult-like without any of the wacky heresies.

Is this insane?

Attached: 33b75e85335ebf1773ec4fe4088d71fc--mormon-humor-lds-mormon.jpg (570x720, 58.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/n5apM
yahoo.com/news/mormon-support-gay-marriage-gradually-grows-192425526.html
newrepublic.com/article/146589/mormonisms-crisis-faith
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well yeah, it's because Satan leaves them alone and goes after the real Christians.

Attached: deceiver.jpg (763x600, 42.89K)

FPBP

It's not insane, but you are appraising externals as being temptingly more important than the spiritual matter of Faith.

Not going to happen. When even heresies are attested to in the NT, in the church's infancy, how much worse do you think it is 2,000 years later?

I'm talking more about structural things - things like family home evening, house visits, etc.

I'll admit that it's tempting, but assenting to their doctrines would be betraying Christ so it's
so far off the table, it's burrowing into the lava.

I mean "a group of fanatical, borderline cult Christians that don't have heresy as their official doctrine like the LDS do."

Nope. Mormon here, it's a friggin awesome lifestyle. Four other brothers, no jail time, no drugs for any of them, three of them married with 3, 4, and 5 babies apiece. That's why we're one of the whitest religions user, Christ and family foundation is the center of our Doctrine.(USER WAS WARNED FOR RULE 4: PROMOTING MORMONISM)

Enjoy the fruit.

Attached: garden.jpg (377x504, 141.75K)

Pfft, are you trying to b8 me? It won't work, it's extremely difficult to raise good kids in this time and age, and my parents pulled it off with this religion.

There are Protestant sects like this.

So that means, not Christian = Satan isn't following you = better life

Thanks for clarifying that up.

Begom Mennonite

Attached: Mennonite Women.jpg (1050x691, 119.92K)

Congrats man, as a Christian I actually consider Mormons a Christian branch. If we didn't, we wouldn't have any good example of our religion, I sometimes wish protestants could be just like you guys. Zig Forums is pretty much a r/Christianity colony, they would prefer a Third World Christian African than a White Mormon who literally share the exact same values and virtues.(USER WAS BANNED FOR BREAKING RULES 3 + 4)

imgur.com/a/n5apM

You can take it a step further and make a contract with the devil. You sell your soul to the devil, and in return you get anything you want in this world: sex, money, fame, etc. However, once the contract is up, it's game over for you.

Remember, eternity is a very, very long time.

Begome Christ-An Gang

Attached: 440px-Christian_Anarchist_Blot.svg.png (440x454, 19.34K)

If you don't like this board, then why don't you just leave? I beg of you, please dust your sandals and leave us be. Everybody can see the false equivalence you're making with r/Christianity which literally has an atheist mod. Just because we don't accept heresy on this board doesn't make us apostate. So go spread your gnostic filth elsewhere, plenty of safe spaces for you online to spew your trash.

This one seems pretty safe already :^)

It's a Christian discussion and fellowship board. Unless they're asking us questions about the faith, non-Christians (including Mormons) shouldn't be here. It has nothing to do with safe spaces. It's the point of the board, stickied to the front page.

Mormons deny the Trinity. They're no more Christian than Muslims are, who also have Jesus figure. We share plenty of values with Muslims, too, you know, and Jews, and Pagans. That doesn't make any of them Christian. A tradition doesn't have to be Christian to have good things in it. A religion wouldn't be able to function if it was too dissimilar to Christianity. It would simply destroy whatever society that adopts it. Secularists are trying their damndest, tho.

Why do Mormons and Jews get so many hot women

Attached: children this is b8.jpg (255x255, 19.44K)

You can't sell yourself because you have already been bought
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I'd find it extremely oppressive to have some other person, such as a local bishop, sticking his nose in my business and telling me what to do with and about everything, questioning my finances, who and how I do business with, sex life, everything. No thank you!

Galatians 6:4
But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

That's enough, kiddo.

This. Mormon girls are the best, and are almost irresistible with their accents. They make the best food, and at least can have a small degree of technology. I live around a large community of them.

The First Epistle of Paul to the Corinthians (all of it) is referring to believers in Christ Jesus. Anyways, I'll just leave it at that and read the Bible in its entirety instead of playing Bible verse bingo game with you.

Attached: bible6.jpg (224x184, 12.67K)

*sigh
Listen, just put me in charge of the country or a sect with permission to establish a totalitarian regime with permission to exterminate unwanted people and use their private data and I will literally create paradise on earth.

Stop being a cretin and actually read a bible
Like Ezekiel 18 for example

Attached: blind.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)

Necrobump for this post, serves as a warning for us as a community, either Protestant, Orthodox, Catholic, or anything among true Christianity.

I wonder the winnie the pooh why.

Attached: ThatsHeresy.png (625x941, 282.56K)

yahoo.com/news/mormon-support-gay-marriage-gradually-grows-192425526.html

Mormons are falling into sin like the rest of us, their community isn't invulnerable

newrepublic.com/article/146589/mormonisms-crisis-faith

Jesus and Satan are brothers from another planet!

I never wanted to agree with the inquisition.

anyone else find it really shitty that mods ban people for having a different opinion? I'm not a fan of mormonism but I'm also not a fan of banning people from different sects and creating one big catholic hugbox

But the mods didn't do what you claim.
The board rules clearly state this is a Christian board, with Christian meaning believing in the Nicene Creed as a pre-requisite.
Mormons don't believe in it, therefore they can not be called Christian.

Cut this shit out; I tried selling my soul for total mastery of six (6) programming languages and a junior software engineer position at Google and nothing happened.

Neither of them promoted nonChristian beliefs. One just said he likes his mormon lifestyle and the other said he wished more Christians would act like mormons. These are opinions that they got banned for

As they should.
I'm not debating the semantics of the word "promote" with you.
They are slippery sloping into acception, that's the truth.

Mormons always do this shit. "Sure, I'm monotheistic". Five minutes of conversation later: "I will become a god some day."

I wish more Mormons would actually accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and would open their eyes to the lies of Mormonism.
Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. (Matthew 15:14)

Attached: Quotefancy-2935504-3840x2160.jpg (3840x2160, 2.91M)

MORMONISM IS FOR FANTASY LARPers WHO WANT TO TAKE THEIR LARPING TO ANOTHER LEVEL

FUNNY THING IS 99% OF MORMONS ENGAGE IN THEIR RELIGION IRONICALLY BECAUSE THE RITUALS, THE FAN-FICTION AND SOCIALIZATION IS SO FUN

Problem with people like you is you're trying to game the mods into clarifying what the rules are so you can loophole your way into here. This should be another reason why you should banned. Look, I get it, I know what it feels like to be temp-banned, even though you thought you were posting something in good faith, but you know, you need to let go of your ego sometimes and either learn from your mistakes (which you are making) or you can choose to keep blaming other people.

>mormon accuses the Christian of manipulating words
I can't take it anymore.

Attached: internal.jpg (1139x630, 327.31K)

Attached: mad.jpg (288x252, 23.88K)

Did you misreply?

Yes, I meant for

That mormon sounds drunk.

That is because Mormonism is a cult. They sucker you in with their niceness and make you dependent on their community. That way when you decide to leave the cult your entire social life is gone, you know no one outside the cult, you are completely alone. It's like a drug dealer who will sucker you in with a free sample, but once you are deep enough in you become dependent on him.

Another bump for this to be read

If Satan already has your soul, why cut a deal? He gives just enough to keep you in his clutches- too much satisfaction and you might have time to ponder eternity, too little and you are forced too. Keeping you busy and afraid is Satan's game.

The infernal joke is that Satan has no claim at all over anyone's soul; the state of damnation is at the Judgement and separation of God. You nor Satan can give away what is God's, it's only God who can accept or reject what belongs to Him.

Burn.

To be completely honest, Mormonism allured me due to their culture of modesty to the point of prudishness and the idea of getting an easy and almost free wife.
However, the idea of raising children that will be discouraged entirely of critical thinking and be pressured into self-loathing, making their life mission spreading a fake gospel from a plagiarized book, takes away the allure.
The idea of begoming Mormon still tempts me from time to time, just due to the embedded modesty and basically free wife.

I think this is mostly lust from my part and it will end up ruining my life, that of a woman, and that of my future kids.

BEGONE SATAN