Coptic Christianity vs other denominations

I was wondering if a more learned user could help me understand the difference of Coptic Christianity compared to say Orthodox, Catholicism, etc. While visiting Egypt I was able to explore some very ancient Christian settlement buildings and it was shocking to see their homes/neighborhoods/workshops nestled right next to the Ramesseum. There is a small percentage of Christians left in Egypt, often subject to peaceful bombings.

Attached: ramesseum-arches.jpg (437x354 51.53 KB, 328.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/qa/why-doesnt-the-catholic-church-accept-mormon-baptism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's non-Chalcedon so miaphysite rather than hypostatic union of two natures. Basically Christ has one nature, mixed of God and man, rather than two inseparable and concordant natures. The question is whether Christ is fully man under this belief.

But basically this whole board would consider them true Christians and not like Mormons or something.

No.

I read somewhere, but I don't remember where, that a language barrier was the cause of this.

Their Church was started by st. Mark, of course they're true Christians. Alexandria has the same importance as Antioch, Jerusalem and Constantinople.

Wait, Mormons aren't Christians? Can someone explain?

They are. They are not monophysite but miaphysite. Witch is a very specific way of speaking of nature of Christ. Many theologians have come to the conclusion they think the same thing but not with the same categories of "natures" or "hypostasis".

its just a semantic distinction, they're not heterodox

It's kind of christological autism that separates the copts from catholics or orthodox tbh.

Be nice about this, but no, sadly. Mormons have grave deficiencies that don't have very much to do with the historical Jesus. It's a mix of new-old-law and masonic symbolism. Yes, those masons.

Watched it and while entertaining I don't trust anything from Youtube. It's a stupid source to get educated by anything. It's all lies.

It's obviously a parody, but you can easily look up other examples of the insanity of Mormonism. Provided you ignore some of the smarmy atheism, the CES letter is a perfectly valid deconstruction of the cult.

No I'm tired of secular atheism. It's something that plagued me my whole life. I want to see criticisms of Mormonism through an Orthodox or Catholic perspective.

Rome won't accept their baptism. Rome accepts EVERYBODY'S baptism. If I baptized you in my bathtub and had the intent to do what the church does, it would be a valid baptism (and rightly so!) This should be a hint of how gone they are.
catholic.com/qa/why-doesnt-the-catholic-church-accept-mormon-baptism

ENDLESS

Mormons believe in multiple gods, that Jesus, the Father and Holy Spirit are three seperate gods but they only wordship one,the Father so don't worship Jesus.

They're basically Christianity devolving into paganism in quite an interesting way

Mormonism is alot like American Islam w-w-w-whiite sharia:
1. A false prophet claims he was visited by an angel
2. Men are allowed multiple wives

How they aren't like Islam:
1. Mormons believe that if you worship hard enough, when you die, God will grant you a planet for you to play "god" over
2. Jesus is the brother of satan

They are messed up yo. You should see the documentaries of women that escaped from the Church of LDS moar like church of LSD, amirite?

Attached: Nauvoo entablature.jpg (1562x1139, 316.85K)

Oh, I see. I have never seen a Mormon in my country, so I just assumed them to be a particularly weird sect of American protestantism.

Mormons will adamantly claim that they are Christians, and in fact the only true Christian religion (since that was basically their mandate that none of the Christian denominations at that time were "true"). Problem is, they aren't up-front and honest regarding their belief system. I'd be okay with them if they were honest, but Mormons will claim things like "Jesus is the Son of God" which is technically true in their theology but means a completely different thing. Essentially, you have to play word dictionary game with them, and it's a very annoying cat-and-mouse you have to do with them and it wears down on you. Also, when you bring up stuff like Kolob and many gods, then they will lie to you and deny it or try to change the topic. Their objective is to get you inside their temple and have you perform a "celestial marriage" so they essentially lock you in and then that's when they bring out the weird stuff by which point it'll be very difficult for you to leave.

It may have its roots there but its a sect that exploits the Bible alone dogma by claiming Bible alone but then starts adding their own prophets/books and then derives their theology off of those books and call it Bible alone. Then it just grew out of control by them setting up their own societies and temples and them sending missionaries. It's such a mess.

Attached: 1457794493324.png (794x560, 480.69K)

Video is a taste of their theology

No, they'll pull the corrupted scriptures same as Muslims

Basically, they don't accept the LETTER of the Council of Chalcedon, but they made agreements with orthos, caths, and anglicans repeatedly saying they totally are fine with the SPIRIT of Chalcedon, and their Christology is identical(and officially say they totally agree with the rest of the original 7)

Please pray the 2 sides finally get off our asses and finish the restoration of communion.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (983x612, 55.93K)