Muhreens are strapping LAVs to flight decks to shoot small boats with

At least they won't sink and drown when it comes loose and falls off the ship.

Attached: 5c05bc631a278457ac16bca2-750-375.jpg (750x375, 38.99K)

I see nothing wrong with that. However: an LAV falling from a deck will likely capsize and sink. The crew inside will be unconscious from the impact and drown. Even if they don't go unconscious, they will break a limb or two. Have you ever been in the sea? Swimming is a full body exercise. Swimming in full combat gear is full body hell. Swimming with a broken limb in full combat gear is a death sentence.
I know tankers don't wear any armour and have very light gear when they are not outside their vehicle, but even the helmet and boots will make things difficult.
They will drown if that thing falls off.
Shit thread, desu.

The LAV-25 is amphibious. It'll float fine until they lower a crane to hook it up, or extract the crew with a lifeboat, granted they're unconscious. The vehicle should be used to impact ranking at IED blasts. Crashing into the water won't break it either.

Amphibious until water comes in. All it takes is one open hatch and it will fill with water and sink like a stone.
You can see them firing from an open hatch in the image actually.
Still a shit thread.

why not tie the lavs to the side of the hull like tires on the side of a tugboat? cant fall off the deck if youre already in the water

Attached: Daisy-Mae-1-702x336.jpg (702x336, 42.27K)

That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

If it starts going over, they'll just close them shut. They're trained for a vehicle that can work on water, you can expect them to know when to seal it fast.

I've seen this beforeā€¦

Attached: t-34 gun boat.jpg (600x430, 42.71K)

Attached: Laughing Jewess.jpg (1097x1078, 216.07K)

What if we replaced lifeboats with LAVs?

The LAV isn't a permanent gun emplacement, it can be easily moved when more space is needed, and this is a fucking flight deck we're talking about so every square inch of deck is worth its surface area in gold plating.

It can also, theoretically, be moved around the deck to whatever vantage point it needs to be; you don't need multible fixed guns in multiple loctions to fend off the odd nigger canoe.

If it's stupid but it works it's not stupid.

Firstly I think that LAV is cute.

That said wtf is this shit? Can't they shoot rockets at the boats? Can't they send a heli out to shoot them? Can those things even aim down enough?

Having LAVs around and not using them is arguably more retarded.

Literally about to enlist into the reserves as an 0313 LAV Crewman.
Cant wait to scrub these LAVs for eight hours using a wire brush.

Well when your entire navy is sinking, it's nice to have something around that floats.

I'm sure America would only do that if the Somalian pirates turned out to be Al-Shabaab.

Have fun in boot I guess.

Stop hiding your flag mutt mutt mutt mutt mutt