Does Evolution contradict Christianity?

Really interested in hearing opinions about this. I'm inclined to be skeptical to the idea that we evolved from apes but more open to the otherwise view.

Attached: 81a19457c862d8a76b8ba0af795641ee6c5c50a4589248c9fd97ba552f0e8421.jpg (500x500, 110.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/earth/story/20170517-we-have-still-not-found-the-missing-link-between-us-and-apes
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-0zpu2toenaQGYII8jywp6kxADlXMFpC
annofgg.com/2015/11/29/2450/
youtube.com/watch?v=shyI-aQaXD0&
youtube.com/watch?v=-ACD4PaZfvE&t=7m15s
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4187153/
jaysanalysis.com/2016/05/26/darwinism-and-its-mongoloid-mutations-refuted/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No it doesn't, the Bible actually supports it.

Also genologies don't prove the age of the world as there can be Gaps between genologies which was proven in the Bible.

Yes. Evolution is the naturalist answer to the question of how we came to be. However, "theistic evolution" is an attempt to apply the foundations of evolution to the Biblical answer to that question. Therefore, in that way, evolution is hijacked and not contradictory.

Evolution is ridiculous, though. There's too much wishful thinking, too much "well if you wave X many years at it, the problem goes away!". I don't understand why people want to hijack it towards theistic evolution.

Because evolution is logical and has been proved

Lmao.

Evolution is a secular idea. That is the purpose of evolution, to offer an answer to the question that Christianity had already answered. Any attempt to add or remove elements from secular evolution is to derive from its intended purpose. With that in mind…

Evolution makes the following assertions:

Evolution has not been proven, it's not a repeatable process and therefore can't be applied to the scientific process. People literally just derive it based genetic similarity and the magic of waving away problems with hypothetical passage of time.

No, I come from a Catholic family with a mother and father who both have post graduate degrees in a field of science (I'm currently in college getting an undergrad) and we all believe in evolution.

How do you explain the many fossils found that show the earth is more than ~6000 years old user?

That has nothing to do with evolution

How?

How is the age of the earth related to evolution?

Yes, the Bubke says animals only bring forth after their kind, so a german shepherd and a lab could be related since they're the same kind but a dog and a lizard won't ever happen. Also it says God created man from the dust of the earth and describes God making animals. It doesn't say that he created a single bacteria that reproduced for billions of years that made man.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

If the earth is only about 6,000 years old macroevolution is impossible

I mean, evolution needs time to actually happen (if we are to believe evolution is a plausible process). Using the fossils found, we can see that the earth is really old. If the earth was around ~6000 years as the YEC believe, then evolution cannot take place. However, and I repeat, since we have found fossils, that proves the earth is greater than 6000 years old, and thus evolution can take place (again, if we think it is plausible).

There arent any.

I really find that hard to believe. Do you think it's possible that all the dinosaur bones excavated in sites were faked?

Nobody is saying that it is impossible because of the required time. People say it is absurd because it is pretty much a bunch of statistically impossible guesses.

Yes, cause evolution never took place.

It's funny how you never question the dating methods or the missing link in evolution, it's easy to say that a hens ancestor is T-Rex but where in the world is the missing link?

also evolution is incompatible with Christianity, even the theistic evolution fails in it since it is through the sin of Adam, the death entered this world.
You cannot have synthesis between evolution and Christianity, it's an either/or situation.

Attached: 1519791302336.jpg (524x400, 25.97K)

forgot to attach source
bbc.com/earth/story/20170517-we-have-still-not-found-the-missing-link-between-us-and-apes

The age of the Earth has 0 to do with evolution. The Earth could be a trillion years old or a week old, it still wouldn't prove evolution.

More likely we're wrong about the process that creates fossils and the process of straitfication of the Earth.

Possibly all fossils were created in a large extinction event and stratification of the Earth happens much more quickly from large events than we suppose.

An informational series about the not so spoken Cambrian Era

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-0zpu2toenaQGYII8jywp6kxADlXMFpC

See
If the earth was a million years old, that would disprove the YEC theory.

That's the thing, I don't know what to believe. If that link you posted regarding the missing link between us and apes is accepted in the scientific community, then I'm even more confused now than I was before.

I don't know, user.

Dinosaurs are in the Bible you dingus

Job 40:15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.

For me personally yes it does. Cause on the one hand if you read the bible it says that, God created the world and originally man was in full spiritual and physical contact with god but then broke off him. On the other with evolution. Somehow man through just naturally looking through the world has found the idea of origins, of humanity.
They're two completely different view points Vid related, is an interesting topic on the case. I can understand wanting to be a christian and mixing in theistic evolution, because going against the grain, is never always fun. But there just two completely different ideas down to the core. One teaches that man was divinely created by god; the other as man as just a mere accident.

That's true, it would mean the Earth isn't x thousand years. But it wouldn't profe evolution even in theory. Evolution is dependent on an old Earth, but an old Earth does not assume evolution.

Truth is subjective, if Christianity is true, then the word of God must be more truer than the historical science which is prone to error, if God is absolute truth then the opinion of people or a community mustn't matter.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (547x548, 286.96K)

The article where I stole the image from,

annofgg.com/2015/11/29/2450/

Attached: f73d3f4899d8122b74f1d9cd76357474940cb8b1a2d14bd05ce9cfd38eb4263b.gif (204x283, 228.6K)

Only if you're Baptist.

Attached: 16426211_1418331388217649_8394463519170407470_n.jpg (480x360, 12.16K)

What defines truth is, precisely, the fact that it is not subjectivve, nor someone's personal fantasy.

The real question is not "how long has the earth existed" but rather "when did the earth start to decay, and why?"

Truth is objective,
that is false, we can confirm what is claimed.
Just because our minds can show us illusions it doesn't mean we can't confirm what we know. We can't see air, yet we can confirm it's there.

Evolution is a lie

Attached: D159CBAF-1B4A-463F-8350-135AA7E623FB.jpeg (640x457, 102.97K)

what about eyes, bro?

Death existed before the fall, Adam and Eve ate and so did the animals. Human death didn't exist before the fall not all death

The abiogenesis theory isn't the only conceivable explanation for the origin of life. I don't actually subscribe to it myself and there are a slowly growing number of scientists who are once again starting to openly question it since it was never an empirically proven theory to begin with. Regardless I don't throw away my faith the first time I encounter a mystery that I don't have an immediate answer to.

The Bible doesn't regard plants as alive it doesn't say they died it says they withered
Joel 1:17 The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.

What if God created evolution and other natural processes so that the Earth could grow to be teeming with life? Do God and evolution have to be mutually exclusive concepts?

watch these videos user, and once you do you'll realize why they have to be mutually execulive concepts.
Videos will also clarify arguments of evolution and creation, what they are and aren't. No one denies speciation or natural selection; it's the conclusions they get from extrapolating data to what they can not know
youtube.com/watch?v=shyI-aQaXD0&

Attached: GenesisandGospel.png (1304x880, 1.19M)

No, tell me if this is what evolietion teaches

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I probably should have put "yes"

You have no idea what evolution is.

If there wasn't a first Adam, how could there be a Last Adam?

This is actually the biggest problem with the liberal interpretation of Genesis, since it causes problems less with ontology and more with eschatology. If Adam was just a "symbol" then so was Christ, and our salvation is in vain.

The Bible and science provides us with two different ways of looking at the same thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=-ACD4PaZfvE&t=7m15s

No. God created a mature Earth.
Adam was created a grown man indistinguishable from us today. The creation seems natural to the scientific eye, because it is. Nothing is more in nature than God's creation.
Hence the minerals, fauna and flora that seem to have to be matured on their own. Because God meant it so.

Underrated post
Also it seems many in this thread didn't pay attention in biology

That's not T-Rexes turning into chickens

Attached: A1ED428B-42F5-4EF7-97F1-10ADA49B19ED.jpeg (362x139, 25.16K)

Final post im making here. Just another vid for anyone that's got an hour and is interested in this topic; i personally though like this stuff and i find it interesting and for the longest time i never had the concept of fallen nature, but when i finally listened and came to the terms of what fallen nature was. As to how it's described in genesis,i knew that the reason men how so many problems even down to me is fallen nature. And that nature, tree, snow, rain. The natural world is truly beautiful. Because it was divinely created and is naturally good. And it helps that i live in the Appalachian Mountains. I finally got what people were saying for so long in natural beauty.

evolution explains the how not the why

I've always found it funny that evolution was never thought of until it is discovered by an atheist in the 1800s. It then becomes the main attack and biggest threat to Christianity to this day and held as truth by 99% of atheists and divider of Christians. That's alone should raise a red flag for everything it teaches is the opposite of Creation.

Evolution isn't new it is a part of nearly every pagan religion.

How? I don't remeber pagan fairytales saying we come from fish(and the steps in between)

In most Pagan mythologies man originates as a sort of abortion or side effect from natural processes. In the Orphic myth, Zeus casts a lighting bolt into the Titans and man is born out of the resulting mud as an accident.

Yet cartoon characters are demons because some book says so while also saying its the word of Good and the only proof of it being that same book itself?

Attached: 5B214D71-273F-4500-839B-92CB91E7D2F7.jpeg (640x1006, 114.32K)

How are cartoons not satanic, if satan and his jews control the mass media?

Stop thinking evolution is like pokemon guys…

I accept evolution and various things like it, I see no problem with it. Especially since man was assigned the image of God rather than being "made" literally with the image of God in their substance (look up what "make man" means in Hebrew and read books about this doctrine, it appears that it was assignment, not creation in the English sense). As far as I'm concerned it's only Christians who doubt God who really care what they hot theories are, like when people hated heliocentrism (they still do), or a round Earth, or any of the things people make a big deal out of.

Our God the Father, Our Lord the Son, and the Holy Spirit exist no matter what, it's been proven a million times over with arguments from cosmology, ontology, quantum physics surprisingly, history, various philosophical methods to come to the conclusion, etc. No need to make a massive problem over these things with science and hinder the Gospel by making our selves look foolish (even if you believe/"know" Evolution is not true, this is not a good method of winning believers for the Kingdom).

Also Christians seem to have lost the fact that this whole Universe is going to be destroyed, and there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth. It literally does not matter how anything happened here, look forward to the Kingdom only, and do not act or consider yourself as "owning" things. Rejoice in everything, pray without ceasing, and live a sinless and pure life as your duty to God.

You don't have to be a Jew to make a satanic cartoon, basically anything you "create" that contradicts the Bible is.

For example, a group of kids discover a portal to an insect world and insect people give them armors with insect powers and they have to stop lord hornet for taking over both worlds.

There, I made God angry as winnie the pooh.

Another: one kid is strolling in the fields near his rural home when he stumbles on a hole that was some sort of Indian burial shit or temple and gains magical powers and now can see the past and future of someone by touching them, but he is moving to the big city!

There another satanic toon.

Basically the only toons that would not be satanic would be recreations of Bible passages or like the ones JWS use as preaching/indoctrination.

Attached: 15nveqp.gif (400x225, 2.64M)

Sabrina the teenage witch, My little pony, winx club, harry potter, pokemon, digimon, all the mons, the entire super hero genre etc.

Man emerging from the mingled blood of the olympians and titans is not any more evolutionary than Pegasus emerging from Medusa's spurting neck.

Let's say two animals bring forth another one of their kind, but it has a genetic mutation (which we know to happen). The new animal is still "of its kind" even if different. These differences add up over hundreds of millions of years.

Evolution is fake

stop embarrassing yourself.

You literally have not even taken a high school biology course. The first proteins were synthesized in nature.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4187153/

First off, evolution is correct and we follow Christianity because we believe in the teachings of Jesus. God has given us evidence of evolution. Secondly,
The bible was translated from Hebrew to vulgate to English and oftentimes from English to the languages of third worlders. I assume you read English and not latin or hebrew. It is silly to base everything off a translation of a translation yet assume God's evidence of evolution which you are a living example of, is somehow false.

I saw a fish on a nature special recently that lives in the deep ocean and has a transparent skull so it can always see what is happening above it. Now I'm to believe that a random mutation gave a fish a slightly transparent skull (wat) and that through millions of generations of breeding that a species with a wholly transparent skull came into existence because of a series insanely unlikely mutation and that this has happened countless times throughout Earth's history and has yet to be observed by any human being? Nah.

Plus, that fish's eyes that look up through the tip of the skull, not out any open sockets.
Pic unrelated.

Attached: 11-fossils-and-creation-31-638.jpg (638x479, 56.73K)

*top of the skull

No it wouldn't (not that they have any accurate means to prove it anyway beyond theoretical guesswork based on the limited evidence that they understand), seeing as how God didn't create an empty world that started forming 6000 years ago, He created a mature world, with already mature plant life, and the soil, rocks, and layers of the Earth's crust already aged and fully in place. You have an empty headed understanding of the earth's creation.

Nature didn't do that, God did

Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation.

God created beings and allowed them to develop according to the internal laws that he gave to each one, so that they were able to develop and to arrive at their fullness of being. He gave autonomy to the beings of the universe at the same time at which he assured them of his continuous presence, giving being to every reality. And so creation continued for centuries and centuries, millennia and millennia, until it became what we know today, precisely because God is not a demiurge or a magician, but the creator who gives being to all things. …The Big Bang, which nowadays is posited as the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine act of creating, but rather requires it. The evolution of nature does not contrast with the notion of creation, as evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve.

We cannot say: creation or evolution, inasmuch as these two things respond to two different realities. The story of the dust of the earth and the breath of God, which we just heard, does not in fact explain how human persons come to be but rather what they are. It explains their inmost origin and casts light on the project that they are. And, vice versa, the theory of evolution seeks to understand and describe biological developments. But in so doing it cannot explain where the 'project' of human persons comes from, nor their inner origin, nor their particular nature. To that extent we are faced here with two complementary—rather than mutually exclusive—realities.

a fake christian vs a fake scientist…

Being THIS ignorant about subject you are discussing

Attached: fc312672175941729c32bdddcf7cdc4e--top-cow-the-reaper.jpg (664x498, 140.29K)

I used to believe that before I comprehended the significance of the book of Genesis. A book that is unhistorical and full of fairy tales would not be seriously referenced by Jesus Christ:

Matthew 19:4-5
“Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?”

Matthew 24:37-39
“For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.”

Attached: I heard that.gif (255x241, 939.64K)

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
The coming of the lawless one will be accompanied by the working of Satan, with every kind of power, sign, and false wonder, and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason, God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie, in order that judgment will come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.

Your statement reminded me of this passage.

Yahweh himself could come down and say that it was all a scam and it really was just a paint over paganry and that still wouldn't contradict Christianity because you go to heaven.

Because Christians go to heaven nothing can contradict Christianity.
Not even Christianity matters to Christians, heaven does.
No Christian would be a Christian without the reward of Heaven at the end.
So.
No.

Nothing contradicts Christianity because of Heaven.

This. Too many Christians are afeaid of going against evolution because they fear the masses. Contrast this with all of the Christian martyrs who suffered real abuse for their views. Soft modern men living in a pampered tech filled luxury world while LARPing as Christians… Depressing.

Why did my post get deleted? It was totally innocent.

whtted.
isn't this in the pinned thread? it should be

That's literally what evolutionfags believe though

You really have the obession with god coming down from heaven in totally fabricated scenario, somehow contradicting his teachings, and all it boils down to is heaven. Are you like some Orthodox jew lol? Read father seraphim roses book on the soul after death. And if you know what toll houses are, you'll start to see that heaven in it's self isn't always this easy set out path after death.

Sage for off topic post.

Attached: 879879278987.jpg (1200x630, 85.11K)

I know OP is probably never going to see this but evolution never says humans evolved from apes. Just that there was a common ancestor millions of years ago where the homo genus split from other primates. Common miscommunication but it was bugging me.

The Bible gives a creation story and nowhere does it say we evolved from rocks. The evolution myth violates a basic low of biology: biogenesis.

law*

Every Catholic I've ever met believes we evolved from monkeys, it's crazy.

Underrated post. /thread

I didn't say the fossils are fake, I said they aren't millions of years old

It depends.

The belief that life sprung up randomly and by chance: No.

The belief that "life finds a way" as in be flexible enough to change due to enviromental causes: yes.

The belief that extreme jumping from species to species is true and that life directs itself: no.

The belief that all environmental and species changes can or are controlled by God: yes

Genesis is myth, allegory and metaphor inseperably mixed into a beautiful piece of art. If it conradicts reality, then assume it's metaphor.

yes

Attached: 6eb54143fc297f4ef1b4fb4962e903064624bc47.jpg (800x532, 65.72K)

Yes

Attached: 0CF9D10A-3951-4013-AB35-3F7D32330A53.jpeg (300x225 45.06 KB, 44.29K)

Attached: 643C09F1-AC1A-4BC6-98E0-5C6C962ADF82.jpeg (4032x3024 3.58 MB, 3.65M)

Jay Dyer's refutation of Darwinism and how Theistic Evolution is incompatible with the Christian faith.

jaysanalysis.com/2016/05/26/darwinism-and-its-mongoloid-mutations-refuted/

Attached: MV5BOTFhZDg4MjYtMzdiMi00ODNhLWIyNzQtNTkxZGZiZTUwNTU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY3OTcyOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR147,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 11.17K)

At what point in evolution did human beings or human-like creatures begin to be born with souls? What was the 'proper' form of man that needed to be attained by nature before God gave men souls?

Attached: Suicide.jpg~c200.jpg (200x200, 8.44K)