Americans are 4% of the global population but own 40% of the world's firearms

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - Americans make up only four percent of the global population but they own 40 percent of the world's firearms, a new study said Monday.

They are 600 million guns in the US.

There are more than one billion firearms in the world but 85 percent of those are in the hands of civilians, with the remainder held by law enforcement and the military, according to the Small Arms Survey.

The survey, produced by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, says it bases its estimates based on multiple sources, including civilian firearms registration data from 133 countries and territories and survey results in 56 countries.

Of the 857 million guns owned by civilians, 393 million are in the United States - more than all of the firearms held by ordinary citizens in the other top 25 countries combined.

"The biggest force pushing up gun ownership around the world is civilian ownership in the United States," said Aaron Karp, one of the authors of the report which compiles new data from the last ten years.

"Why are they buying them? That's another debate. Above all, they are buying them probably because they can.

Gun ownership rates vary across the world, with 121 firearms for every 100 residents in the United States compared to 53 in Yemen, 39 in Montenegro, and 35 in Canada.

Japan and Indonesia are at the other end of the spectrum with less than one firearm per 100 people.

yahoo.com/news/americans-own-40-percent-worlds-firearms-study-173747656.html

Attached: 2eddf8c4e6e84d3f708a296ad042b9c1.jpg (2312x3264, 1.1M)

121 firearms for every 100 residents in the United States compared to 35 in Canada.

That's high for Canada, and most of them are hunting rifles

Another low ball (((estimate))). Those are the figures of guns the US government knows you have. Those are a fraction of the whole.
The "close to 300million" number is used to make normies feel safe. That number keeps the number guns per citizen at less than 1. In reality it's over 2.

Good.

that is correct

Exactly, so that the rest of the world knows that we are not to be fucked with.

And most of those guns are stockpiled. Which means even the majority of white men dont have a pistol and a rifle and a hundred rounds inbetween both.

oh look I can do it too

News!!!!!!!
Americans are 4% of the world population, yet cause 99% of wars.
Americans are 4% of the population, yet have military 100s of military bases scattered around the world.
Americans are 4% of the population, yet stick their fucking hooked noses into the business of every country on the planet.
Americans are 4% of the population, yet combined, weigh more than a dwarf star.
Americans are 4% of the population, yet consume 99.99% of the world's soy and high fructose corn syrup.
Americans are 4% of the population, yet produce 90% of all pollution, China being the cleanest.
Americans are 4% of the population, yet contain 90% of the ugliest people on earth.

So what? What is this article trying to say? If you're not going to take a stance or draw any profound conclusion why not just link the study itself?
Regardless I'm proud to be an American disproportionately contributing to that number. I own 9 firearms and bought my first one only 3 years ago. Feels good man

MOOLON LABIA MOTHER FUCKERS!

Attached: a59[1].jpg (323x326, 14.34K)

I own 17 firearms and bought my first one only 1.5 years ago.
Weaklings like you make me sick.

Good. There should be more. More guns, more freedom

*ahem*. (((They))) start the wars. Amerifats just die for them

Now count how many times we've been invaded.

I'll wait.

DAMN RIGHT!

Attached: Freedomexpanding.gif (384x184, 912.8K)

Good!

Attached: 6356098185_956e0c0d75_b.jpg (1024x683, 214.92K)

Between 1900 and 1950, 5.5 million jews entered the United states, up from a population of a few thousand.
Now, 10+ million jews live in the US, more than israel.
>(((never invaded)))

Smelly kike.

Underrated

That reminds me, I get paid at midnight…. I should buy a new gun, and a used one because they need loving homes too.

A gun behind every blade of grass. It's the American way.

One salesman in his book was saying "dont stand in front of the door if you do door to door sales, stand to the side in case the owner shoots before opening the door".

This must be the prize of freedom.

Just makes me want to buy more guns!