Commercials and demonstrations of military weapons and vehicles

Older 80s to early 2000s military weapon and vehicle adverts and demonstrations were really cool. Does anyone happen to have any more stuff like this? I'll post whatever I have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLsBM4HTcF0
youtube.com/watch?v=qiq_8G7UQ2k
youtube.com/watch?v=CwOa0_u-izc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vextra_105mm
intorobotics.com/wheels-vs-continuous-tracks-advantages-disadvantages/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a 90s videotape about what Saab Bofors was doing back then. Part 2 and 3 are the most interesting because they show off their new (at the time) AT products.
youtube.com/watch?v=wLsBM4HTcF0 part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=qiq_8G7UQ2k part 3
youtube.com/watch?v=CwOa0_u-izc part 4

MBT LAW presentation

CV90 demo, also from the 90s.

More modern and not quite an advert, but also shows some good autocannon and airburst action.

CV90 ammo demo.

Attached: BO-105 Demonstration Flight (Pilot - Charly Zimmermann).mp4 (300x240, 9.59M)

groovy

I am disgusted this isn't here.

How can you call yourself a Zig Forumsommando and not immediately post the Caddilac Scout?!?!?!?!?!?

US made feature-length movies on their products typically advertising to the world that they were so good homosexuals could even use them.

How many shots does it have before it's being torn apart by the recoil?

It's 105mm. Patria AMV can carry a 120mm cannon.

A German… posting Starfighter sales footage

I assume you're not serious.

We're talking 10-15MJ of energy versus ~60KJ, it's not in the same league.

Another Saab demo. Why don't they make them like this any more?

Someone made an old school video about the best wheeled vehicle that ever existed, the Vextra.

Basically the German Boxer started as a joint thing with Germany France and UK, Germany being the biggest supposed customer Mercedes group got the lead on the project. French manufacturers got mighty pissed about it as France has always had the best wheeled vehicles since fucking ever and built a prototype on their own funds in what undoubtedly is the best even 30 years after with insane cross country abilities (full-time all wheel drive with linked hydropneumatic suspension) and firepower, all within a scalable, modular IFV, so France (and shortly after UK) pulled out of the Boxer program.
Basically it was the Rafale/Eurofighter for land systems, except unlike (((Dassault))) they never managed to lobby hard enough to make the state actually cough up the money.
Meanwhile (((Renault))) saw an opportunity and pounced creating the VBCI and pretending it was "the same but cheaper" (when it's neither, they reused some components of the Vextra program namely the hull and the light turret, basically nothing that made the Vextra special).
The result is UK went back to the Boxer, the Boxer is a successful modular IFV and France is stuck with the shitty VBCI while the Vextra ended up in a museum as stillborn.

Attached: Vextra.webm (854x480, 11.98M)

Not even close, buddy. That would be the Mercedes Benz "Wolf".

Basically the Shah of Iran wanted Mercedes to build a good offroad vehicle. So they did. It's cheap, reliable, sturdy, and lightweight. It can be uparmoured and still doesn't have any trouble getting up a mountain, because it has a very strong engine. At the same time it's very fuel efficient and maintenance friendly.
In fact, it was so good that half of NATO adopted it. Kanada, the Netherlands, the US and even the French are using G-class to this day, not to mention Germany.
The only reason why the Bundeswehr is looking at replacing it, is because Mercedes doesn't consider it profitable enough and they have stopped to mass-produce replacement parts (which the we still gets for cheap, because contracts), and because a lot of the vehicles have reached the end of their lifespan after almost thirty years of service.
Luckily Mercedes keeps producing G-class cars, so we are simply buying the updated versions.
I love it when military procurement goes right.

Attached: KSK_Wagen_seite.JPG (1214x870 2.65 MB, 223.42K)

Look it up, find a kikepidia page, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vextra_105mm
Near the bottom.
Source, intorobotics.com/wheels-vs-continuous-tracks-advantages-disadvantages/
has as it's own sources
That last one is interesting as it makes exactly the opposite point. It also links to combatreform.org and I suppose we all know how they think about wheels.

Kikepedia is such a joke.
But what does it have over the Boxer? Just the hydro pneumatic suspension?
And why do they think it is a good idea to put a 105mm turret on that thing? I can see wheeled vehicles having their place, but I doubt that is below a turret with a big gun.

NATO did an evaluation of wheeled IFV in the 90's pitting the Piranha III, the Fuchs, the Centauro and the Vextra to see if they could really outside of PR bullshit follow tanks in offroad.
The Vextra was the only one that was doing it due to it's suspension.
And the same lateral motion oleo-pneumatic suspension allowed it to reach and maintain the maximum speed allowed on french highways (130km/h) in the heavy version with the 105mm turret but also to fire the big guns accurately on the move as the whole chassis act as a recoil dampener and does it job at keeping the turret steady even at fair speed in offroad.

Funnily enough final production Boxer incorporate MORE of the Vextra ideas than the french VBCI because of sharing tech agreements that took place initially between Panhard and Mercedes as initially both prototypes were competing in the same program (the tires and auto-inflation system, the engine was picked to have a similar power/weight ratio to the Vextra while initially it was much tamer, etc…).
Also they worked so well with 105mm they made a 120mm version of the turret using the same principle of the ERC-90 turret (low recoil but full power ammo).

Attached: vextra 120mm.jpg (768x576, 76.79K)

Laws of physics still apply though, so I guess the weight of the Vextra is a fair bit lower than that of say, the Stryker. Else it will face the same problems as the Stryker has with it's high ground pressure.
Belgium is going full wheel with the Piranha, so I suppose a few people will get some nice jobs at GLDS if their political career runs out.

Do you have any information about the Group mobiles and how they fared in Indochina? I saw this video about how the demise of G.M. 100 was in part due the lack of tracked /heavy armor. But the USA interpreted the information differently thought tracks were the problem. This caused the Vietnamese army and the USA to be reluctant to deploy tracked armor in Vietnam, and only started doing this late in the war.
And since the Army can't learn from it's mistakes, it now decided to recreate the French G.M.'s in the form of the Stryker brigades.

it costs the same as a bone stock humvee

Wheeled vehicles are more for policing duties in urban areas, or for lightning actions with zero ability by the target to resist.

Almost none of the European nations wheeled vehicles are capable of real off road travel, the armored cars in their huge numbers exist for Brussels to send them in to suppress an anti EU revolt. Same for their navy which is heavy on frigates, corvettes and patrol ships. You're probably going to see some Boxers pretty fucking soon Hungarykun, and if you survive you'll notice why the Boxer is a piece of shit.

It has a 700hp power plant at sea level. Which at average carpathian or alp altitudes is (5000ft*0.03*700)/1000=100 so about 100hp less. That's 600hp. It's pamphlet weight, meaning the basic variant with no armor addons and no weapons, weighs 24t. A basic combat load variant is over 35t, but with any addon turrets or armor for insurgencies (and crew shoving in sandbags to help against IEDs) it's going to push 45t. 600/45=13hp/t which is what it's going to have to quickly accelerate with on narrow mountain road getting shot at by a recoilless rifle. And that's just the simple propulsion problem. There are issues with the drive train, the tires, the armor, the weapons, the ingress and egress, the fire suppression, the FCS… I can't imagine the Vextra being worse.