Say you were in Canada and you wanted to purchase a large number of guns for your hunting group...

Say you were in Canada and you wanted to purchase a large number of guns for your hunting group. What would be most efficient?
In general I'm seeing that the SKS is the cheapest gun in Canada (I am in NS). At my current wage I could probably purchase a single SKS each month.
Is there any cheaper way? Say, old shitty bolt actions for 100$ a piece or a bulk order?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (3264x1840 129.96 KB, 8.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cabelas.ca/product/96077/soviet-sks-semi-automatic-rifle-w-tapco-stock
cabelas.ca/product/110383/chinese-sks-semi-auto-rifle-w-hardwood-stock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm sure it is, OP.

Anything that cheap is not worth using unless you're going to line everyone up to fire on something within 50 meters in the hopes of actually hitting it.
Norinco SKS rifles at least make up for minute-of-house accuracy with semi-automatic fire.

I'd buy a fuck ton of svts.

The goal is obviously numbers over quality here.

Howso? Assuming Russian milsurp instead of Chinese they're fairly decent for their price. Much better than other nigger-tier priced guns.

The SVT is one of my raifus for sure but they add an extra three hundred dollars per piece. However, the savings on ammo is almost ridiculous. X54r corrosive can be bought in thousand round quantities for cheap.

Attached: 220px-1940_Tula_SVT40.jpg (220x171, 14.28K)

Sometimes cheap is not an advantage.

Corrosive just means you get to clean your shit a little more thorough. By all means slav surplus tends to be able to hit a man sized target at 300-400 easily, further with the bigger stuff. Besides that it enables practice for pennies, because practice makes perfect.

It's not acid. You think they make ammo that disintegrates the rifle after a day at the range and ship it out for jokes? Obviously it's just lower grade and requires more regular maintenance from the shooter. Black powder is corrosive as shit and we still shoot rifles made over a hundred years ago just fine.

Attached: c3c8988f111d3b26a3d7e62983de8a79a205aa23b7dedf65f6d4fb0635a4382b.jpg (1270x953, 318.87K)

It isn't lower grade by any means, it just has a mercuric primer like the caps for percussion guns. The residue from said primers has a salt in it where as BP and BP fouling is hygroscopic a double whammy if you use said primers and BP.

When you shoot corrosive ammo through bolt actions, the rule is to just pour some boiling water down the bore once you're done, right? I'm assuming with a self-loader you'd also have to flush out the gas piston and maybe the action.

Personally speaking I just run a solvent patch down until it runs clean and give everything else a tad bit more elbow grease. With something like my 1871 I'll run water down to clean out the BP fouling.

How much does an SKS cost in leaf shekels?

Thanks so much for this advice, guys. I'll keep all this in mind (though I did know at least I'd have to clean more).

Pics related

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (982x589 97.22 KB, 244.14K)

You are asking two very different questions, user. Pick one and you may get a useful answer.
Most efficient is NEVER cheap.
The right question to ask is whether a particular forearm is worth it.

The answer I have found where hunting rifles is concerned is the Winchester XPR, in 7mm Rem Mag. They are possibly the most under-rated, under-priced rifles available. 3-lug bolts, tight as fuck design, and about $400US brand new. Out of the box, with the right sight and ammo, and you can hit a 24" target 5000+ yards away. Yes, a full mile. Out of the box, with that sweet as hell Winchester trigger.
An SKS you will spend at least that modding to get it to decent hunting ability, so forget that whole line of thinking.

Whats the most cost efficient armament for a group of drunk rednecks :^)

For SKS' is the chinese ammo all that bad?

sauce?

Attached: 1307762479798.jpg (546x370, 23.07K)

SKS is so fucking expensive in the USA, is there any way to legally buy one from canada and bring it over the border. is there any way to do it illegally without ending up in the nighouse?

I'm fucking disgusted chink SKS goes for $400+ here

Aren't Russian and Chinese banned from import into the States?I paid $75 for my unfired chink sks.

Reliably hitting a 24" target at a mile is an outrageously difficult task but, I can assure you absolutely no one is hitting 24" at 5,000yds.

enfields.

Yeah, we're stuck with preban imports. The poor accuracy and finish of a Norinco SKS really weighs down on the perceived value which keeps it below $500 even without a steady source of them.

You're basically asking what the cheapest gun is. Can't you just go and look at the prices on retailers websites? This is a question you can answer yourself with a little leg work. Quit being lazy.

Which one are you talking about?
$400 for Soviet SKS cabelas.ca/product/96077/soviet-sks-semi-automatic-rifle-w-tapco-stock
$200 for Chinese SKS cabelas.ca/product/110383/chinese-sks-semi-auto-rifle-w-hardwood-stock

I have never owned a gun, and do not have a license to do so, but am considering potentially owning a rifle in the future for defense against roaming bears.

Attached: fucking bears.png (542x548, 314.96K)

Get the chink one just for the stock

Could anyone give me a rundown of essential modifications on sks?
Also, What is usually the service life (if firing only the m43) and which parts should i buy that are most likely to require replacement/ wear out fastest.
I have vz 58 which i don't use for reasons, but i'm assuming sks should be comparable or perhaps even better, assuming it is maintained well.

Rifle is fine as is, some people replace the wooden bit on the piston tube with something a little more lightweight. Service life is probably the same as a VZ given they operate in the exact same manner. I've got a gun that has seen ~4 spam cans and is still tight at the muzzle.

Personally speaking I'd just get a spare extractor/firing pin, and have a cutout on the side of the stock for a PU scope mount given they do make the mount it self with standard 1913 rails if you're not for WW2 tier 3.5 power.

RIFLE IS FINE! Service is life is probably better than your VZ if you clean after shooting corrosive. SKS action is very open at the top which makes clearing the occasional jam (usually a light strike) from the wide variety of surplus ammo easy. Probably a little more reliable than vz 58.

Main thing to have a backup of is firing pin and extractor, as above poster said. There are several types of SKS firing pin, the most common one is fixed but there is also a spring loaded one that does better with modern commercial primers. Either way uncleaned firing pin channel is the most dangerous thing about this rifle. The safety just blocks the trigger externally so don't rely on that.

The only rifles cheaper than an SKS worth buying in centrefire cartridges are old single-shots. Some of these rifles are fine for some kinds of hunting and survival situations. A bolt action for under $200 will barely shoot. If you want repeaters go with the SKS.

Depending on how old it is, some of the older chinese milsurp is pretty good. As long as you look at the markings and check online to see what year it was manufactured.

Cheapest market in canada is hand to hand sales, which arent SUPPOSED to happen but still do.

Lel in canata we shoot forearms

I'm just going to call you a faggot.

Attached: 20190316_113649_stripped.jpg (4032x2268, 3.51M)

Don't put that stock on it - all original SKS is more reliable & best unless you can find one of the factory sks-m models that takes AK-47 magazines. SKS's projectile moves at a higher FPS than an AK-47 because it has a longer barrel as well as being more accurate because of this fact. If you can find one in good condition keep it OG unless you're really on a budget - a lot of these vintage firearms are commanding premiums now in a lot of areas because of collectability.

I was thinking of getting Innawood types of weapons for basically all weapon purposes.

My idea was sks(simonov), bcm recce 18" ar +(maybe some other uppers), glock 20 or 34, cz 452
+ accesories for all.
I was torn on rifle for longer range. I always wanted to get sako trg or other sako model, they are obviously expensive, but considering certain things, they might come in hand. I'm only torn on caliber, whether 6.5 creedmore,300 winmag, 308. .
Ranger boys in ca seem satisfied with tikka, but I'm open to your suggestions, if all of this seems like rubbish.

Attached: CMgm5bD.jpg (1516x1454, 677.97K)

I don't know if this will be of any help, but the rangers are apparently adopting a new rifle, could mean you might see the old rifles pop up in stores

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

I was just looking for the same thing today!

Where/when did you get one that cheap? I see them going for 300CAD everywhere

Attached: one struggle.png (487x407, 191.52K)