THE MATTIS MYTH

THE MATTIS MYTH

Secretary of Defense Mattis might be the first cabinet official to have his job thanks to Facebook memes. While cool Mattis quotes became fodder for veterans and their boosters he became a legend. A legend created by Mattis himself. Military leaders historically used the press before to achieve psychological aims at home and abroad. Napoleon so deftly controlled his image that disasters like the Egyptian campaign were sold as victories at home. The problem with propaganda is that it is an omnidirectional weapon that harms friend and foe alike. Unlike many famous generals in history Mattis has never won a war, nor waged a decisive campaign. He found victory in the minds of the American people by creating a legend based upon his selflessness, standards, and intelligence. When you look closely you find that all of these were overhyped and distorted. Mattis’ story remains essentially unchallenged. I believe that no public figure is above scrutiny and I write this in the spirit of openness and accountability.

On Christmas day of 1998 General Krulak was delivering cookies to the unlucky Marines who had guard duty in Quantico, VA. He was surprised to learn that then Brigadier General Mattis was the duty officer. Mattis explained that he took the shift from a young Major so he could spend time with is family. It’s a story of self-sacrifice and kindness that warms the heart. Until you start to look. First off Mattis is a lifelong bachelor. You can’t really say that you’re sacrificing your time when you have nothing better to do. Second General Krulak delivered cookies every Christmas which means that Mattis knew his boss would see his kind gesture. What at first glance is a selfless act came at no personal cost to Mattis and gained the favor of his commander.

Tom Ricks is an influential author, reporter, and columnist for national security affairs. His books are best sellers and he frequently contributes to such high profile publications as Foreign Policy Magazine, The Atlantic Monthly, and The Washington Post. In “The Generals” he laments the American military’s refusal to fire generals for incompetence. He cheerfully approved Mattis’ firing of 1/1 commander Colonel Joe Dowdy as a return to the standard of accountability.

Dowdy’s regiment encountered unexpected resistance from the Fedayeen Saddam in the city of Al-Kut. The Fedayeen were loyal to Saddam personally they operated as stay behind guerrillas. The Fedayeen fought the initial invasion of Iraq more effectively than the Iraqi Army or Republican Guard and were the first major force in the subsequent guerrilla war. The CIA reported the capabilities of the Fedayeen, but bureaucratic processes devalued this intelligence for the invasion plan. No invasion plan considered the Fedayeen at all.

Generals Mattis and Kelly were disappointed that Colonel Dowdy wasn’t moving as fast as the plan demanded. When he couldn’t complete his fighting on schedule Mattis relieved Dowdy of command. For added humiliation Mattis ordered Dowdy to surrender his pistol. This reflects poorly on the competence and character of Mattis. Mattis is a voracious reader who served during the abortive reforms of commandant Al Gray should have known the difference between a command push and a recon pull. Reviewing the doctrine of maneuver warfare reveals that unplanned delays, like what Colonel Dowdy encountered, are both inevitable and opportunities for tactical maneuver by adjacent units. Mattis’ inability to grasp the intelligence on the ground made a mockery of his intent to be a general that briefed his staff. His unwillingness to make a bold tactical adjustment reveal incompetent officership and lazy scholarship. Tactically the firing was a blunder. Morally the firing was cruel. By stripping Colonel Dowdy of his pistol in a hostile country Mattis’ revealed a deep contempt for his subordinate as a person. The fact that this incompetent and immoral act added to the Mattis mystique is as deep an indictment of his boosters as himself.

Attached: Mattis Brief.jpg (962x906, 254.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhistoryonline.com/napoleon/napoleon-used-media-boost-greatness.html
archive.fo/jtYGv
stripes.com/blogs-archive/the-rumor-doctor/the-rumor-doctor-1.104348/did-gen-mattis-pull-duty-on-christmas-so-a-marine-could-be-with-his-family-1.134995
archive.fo/SDJZJ
foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/22/a-secdef-nominee-at-war-what-i-wrote-about-general-mattis-in-the-generals/
archive.fo/ad9P2
theamericanconservative.com/articles/hired-to-drain-the-swamp-fired-in-less-than-a-year/
archive.fo/NTwUC
cfr.org/backgrounder/iraq-what-fedayeen-saddam
web.archive.org/web/20180208004308/https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/iraq-what-fedayeen-saddam
youtube.com/watch?v=HOc38ZwEO8s
youtube.com/watch?v=tKIJKQRb53o
youtube.com/watch?v=SCD5zHBNWG8
thehill.com/policy/healthcare/378394-sec-charges-theranos-ceo-with-massive-fraud
archive.fo/yEKsJ
taskandpurpose.com/mattis-theranos-questions/
archive.fo/rSnPj
sbs.com.au/news/us-troops-in-south-korea-not-up-for-discussion-at-trump-kim-summit-mattis
archive.li/AyEPR
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-northkorea-usa-pentagon/relief-for-north-korea-only-after-clear-irreversible-steps-to-denuclearisation-mattis-idUKKCN1IZ00W
archive.li/IBdQ3
defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf
web.archive.org/web/20180125003909/https://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf
thenation.com/article/pentagon-audit-budget-fraud/
archive.fo/1pamw
defenseone.com/technology/2018/08/someone-waging-secret-war-undermine-pentagons-huge-cloud-contract/150685/?oref=d-mostread
web.archive.org/web/20180825032931/https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2018/08/someone-waging-secret-war-undermine-pentagons-huge-cloud-contract/150685/?oref=d-mostread
washingtontechnology.com/articles/2018/08/24/jedi-rfp-update.aspx
archive.fo/MAAlu
axios.com/pentagon-cloud-contract-secret-dossier-amazon-aws-2b51ad14-2415-4ef6-9f1c-752a6d06ae0c.html
web.archive.org/web/20180822193206/https://www.axios.com/pentagon-cloud-contract-secret-dossier-amazon-aws-2b51ad14-2415-4ef6-9f1c-752a6d06ae0c.html
bizjournals.com/washington/news/2018/08/21/secret-dossier-greek-philosophy-vanity-fair-the.html
web.archive.org/web/20180825035058/https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2018/08/21/secret-dossier-greek-philosophy-vanity-fair-the.html
govmatters.tv/report-controversy-surrounding-dods-jedi-cloud-contract/
archive.fo/mM0Fp
nytimes.com/2018/12/20/us/politics/jim-mattis-defense-secretary-trump.html
archive.fo/cu73n
news.antiwar.com/2018/12/20/defense-secretary-mattis-resigns-citing-differences-with-trump/
archive.fo/enKfe
pastebin.com/i6ynRQSH
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic–Israel_relations
johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed-s-blog-about-military-matters?page=18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

His badass quotes and stories were already spreading when he was an active duty Marine. After he retired he was able to solidify his reputation as a warrior scholar with serious input on national security policy. He gave interviews and speeches at prestigious colleges and think tanks. He delighted audiences with cool stories from his career. In one the captured terrorist he interrogated wanted to immigrate to the US after meeting Mattis. In another he was forced to write book reports for his commanders as a junior officer. He name dropped his favorite authors without ever discussing their implications in detail. Russia was belittled as a fragile and crumbling state. Iran was demonized as a rogue state. He had successfully buttressed his reputation with minimal political risk. He served on the Board of Directors of the fraudulent Theranos. His relationship to this company before and after retirement also went largely unnoticed, but not unrewarded. Not surprisingly he was a shoe-in for Secretary of Defense in the Trump administration.

As Secretary of Defense Mattis has publicly contradicted his commander in chief’s decisions. Adding conditions post hoc to the summit with Kim Jong Un unilaterally. He approved the National Defense Strategy Summary of 2018 which reoriented the US military toward antagonizing great powers with conventional capabilities that rival our own. This relegates the wars against non-state terror groups to secondary importance despite their hostile operations. He also fired a Pentagon fraud inspector while facing independent inquiries that he favored Amazon for technical products. Somehow this self-serving insubordination was celebrated as "independence" when Mattis finally resigned as Secretary of Defense. The Mattis myth makes all of this shocking, but the Mattis record makes it all predictable. The Mad Dog turned out to be a Paper Tiger.

PR Wars
warhistoryonline.com/napoleon/napoleon-used-media-boost-greatness.html
archive.fo/jtYGv

Guard Duty
stripes.com/blogs-archive/the-rumor-doctor/the-rumor-doctor-1.104348/did-gen-mattis-pull-duty-on-christmas-so-a-marine-could-be-with-his-family-1.134995
archive.fo/SDJZJ

Tom Ricks “The Generals”
foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/22/a-secdef-nominee-at-war-what-i-wrote-about-general-mattis-in-the-generals/
archive.fo/ad9P2

Colonel Dowdy
theamericanconservative.com/articles/hired-to-drain-the-swamp-fired-in-less-than-a-year/
archive.fo/NTwUC

Fedayeen Saddam
cfr.org/backgrounder/iraq-what-fedayeen-saddam
web.archive.org/web/20180208004308/https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/iraq-what-fedayeen-saddam

Retirement Tour
Conversations with History
youtube.com/watch?v=HOc38ZwEO8s
Hoover Institution
youtube.com/watch?v=tKIJKQRb53o
Heritage Foundation
youtube.com/watch?v=SCD5zHBNWG8

Theranos
thehill.com/policy/healthcare/378394-sec-charges-theranos-ceo-with-massive-fraud
archive.fo/yEKsJ
taskandpurpose.com/mattis-theranos-questions/
archive.fo/rSnPj

Mattis unilaterally provides conditions.
sbs.com.au/news/us-troops-in-south-korea-not-up-for-discussion-at-trump-kim-summit-mattis
archive.li/AyEPR
uk.reuters.com/article/uk-northkorea-usa-pentagon/relief-for-north-korea-only-after-clear-irreversible-steps-to-denuclearisation-mattis-idUKKCN1IZ00W
archive.li/IBdQ3

2018 National Defense Strategy Summary
defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf
web.archive.org/web/20180125003909/https://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf

Mattis fired a Pentagon official who was looking for waste, fraud, and abuse.
archive.fo/NTwUC

Fraud discovered anyway.
thenation.com/article/pentagon-audit-budget-fraud/
archive.fo/1pamw

PI firm, RossettiStarr, shopping dossier to undermine Pentagon cloud contract for $10b. Mattis and his aides directed it toward a no bid contract for Amazon, in light of their CIA connections.
defenseone.com/technology/2018/08/someone-waging-secret-war-undermine-pentagons-huge-cloud-contract/150685/?oref=d-mostread
web.archive.org/web/20180825032931/https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2018/08/someone-waging-secret-war-undermine-pentagons-huge-cloud-contract/150685/?oref=d-mostread
washingtontechnology.com/articles/2018/08/24/jedi-rfp-update.aspx
archive.fo/MAAlu
axios.com/pentagon-cloud-contract-secret-dossier-amazon-aws-2b51ad14-2415-4ef6-9f1c-752a6d06ae0c.html
web.archive.org/web/20180822193206/https://www.axios.com/pentagon-cloud-contract-secret-dossier-amazon-aws-2b51ad14-2415-4ef6-9f1c-752a6d06ae0c.html
bizjournals.com/washington/news/2018/08/21/secret-dossier-greek-philosophy-vanity-fair-the.html
web.archive.org/web/20180825035058/https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2018/08/21/secret-dossier-greek-philosophy-vanity-fair-the.html
govmatters.tv/report-controversy-surrounding-dods-jedi-cloud-contract/
archive.fo/mM0Fp

Mattis resigned because Trump was pulling out of Syria and Afghanistan.
nytimes.com/2018/12/20/us/politics/jim-mattis-defense-secretary-trump.html
archive.fo/cu73n
news.antiwar.com/2018/12/20/defense-secretary-mattis-resigns-citing-differences-with-trump/
archive.fo/enKfe

If you would like to share this here's a pastebin link of the full essay.

pastebin.com/i6ynRQSH

Attached: Mattis Resignation Letter.png (3400x4400, 672.04K)

so basically he resigned because of the vague possibility that we're not going to directly help Israel anymore

Attached: 44ef2df69ecd7309ef290e9d08df8caa0d5ba93e356a9ef6865f775939cc1d16.gif (255x234, 2.37M)

All I got from this is that Mattis could've been America's Pompey propaganda to feed his ego or Caesar incredibly popular with veterans and troops with propaganda to fuel campaigns, but he decided against being a great man of history in favor of being a Facebook meme. Quite typical of the 21st century.

Attached: shark gaze.jpg (1185x1079, 235.19K)

This is an interesting hit piece on someone of note who quit his job due to directional differences with the most powerful man alive.

Holy shit this is a little too much shilling. So the guy was a dirt bag irl. All of them are. Don’t act shocked.

Attached: 4E670EDF-C429-46B2-985D-512A71549769.jpeg (576x768, 143.17K)

Time to sperg out like Spengler: when Hitler and co lost ww2, money won over blood. So, instead of an age where strong people lead and act, we still live in the dictatorship of money, where selfish idiots with no balls play dirty games to get more shekels. But blood will win, in a way or an other: either it wins inside the Western civilization, or the Western civilization will be a plaything of outsiders who think of money as a means to an end.

Attached: 06e3abb7111c6b7051a83162198175e5767e2b6bd71f919096491b52f86831bc.jpg (1280x1280, 573.97K)

His obsession with MUH IRAN strongly indicates he was always just a glorified pawn.

Anybody even remotely anti Iran is instantly seen as zionist at worst, saudi puppet at best in my book.

Lol the salt levels are astounding.

If you think the president is the most powerful man alive you still have some learning to do.

The nigger is addicted to Israeli cock.

Meanwhile in the Czech'em Republic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Republic–Israel_relations

Criticizing Israel =/= Anti-Israel. It still doesn't change the fact that he left over the US pulling out of two conflicts which exist solely for the benefit of Israel.

Attached: Ancient Smug from a long lost and forgotten civilization.jpg (526x393, 124.54K)

He turns out to be just another bureaucratic general, bought the whole Assad gassed syrians hook and sinker, WITHOUT any evidences.

Now the fucker quits because Trump is pulling out of Afghan and Syria, what a joke.

Does America have any good general left?

No. Americucks never had a single good general and never will have one.
Their generals coast on the hard work of other generals and take the credit.

Thomas Jackson, Nathan Bedfort Forrest, Longstreet, Robert E Lee…

One was a European and the others lost wars.
Again. There was and never will be a good american general since americans are worthless at fighting, command, etc. the only things they are good at is sucking jew cock and destroying cultures.

Napoleon lost and he was one of the best general, you fucking faggot.

Napoleon was an awful general.

Yet he won and won with impossible odds.

The absolute state of American education.

Hence why the jewnited states of muttmerica will never ever have a good general, is full of subhuman morons, and deserve a solid nuking.
Every day I wish for nukes to fall to put this shitheap out of its misery. Every day i'm just a little more dissapointed.

Another armchair general? Colour me surprised. I wonder how many medals he has.

Probably an (((American))).

M8, don't kid yourself. Everyone is out shitheap of a failed country is a stupid pile of shit.

English isn't good. You're one of those self-loathing doody-skins. Ain't ya?

Fjck you, i'ce bedn drinking. Get aids,

Not an especially large or small number. I do wonder how he got the Bronze Star, but not enough to look it up.

Attached: 2018-12-23_22-35-41.png (464x562, 130.63K)

My professional judgement
1. Mattis was one of top three American generals alive, any star number.
2. American general average is in the bottom fifty countries, barely above the Sir Doctor Reverend General Kwame Guntebe Ayodele.

The only people in American military who are worth anything are the very junior commissioned officers or the very senior noncoms.

How about I take 100% of your house by force and then I graciously permit you to have 10% of the shittiest parts of it.

I'll agree with that. Americans are uninspired Generals. They fare a bit better with their Naval leadership, but the only read leadership worth anything at all is their small-unit leadership. It's not uncommon to see NCO's shoulder far more responsibility than anyone would think possible, and then manage it well.

Yes, because Captain Laqueesha ramming into fucking everything is so much better.
Nah, they're all a bunch of incompetent fuckwits too who solely exist to force whites to breed with niggers at bayonet point.
Where is proofs? Unless to mean the responsibility to force the creation of mutts.

A clever excuse, for a shitskin.

LTs know relatively little about their field and SNCOs got their positions by inventing new busywork and marketing themselves. Competent people seem to stagnate around E-6/O3.
You're more likely to promote if you can say "I help manage a dog rescue shelter!" or "I raised $3000 for the battalion Christmas party!" than if you say "I reworked my platoon's broken schedule to make sure everybody got 8 hours of sleep." because people look at them and think "Oh well anybody could make sure their troops get good rest; that's just your job. This soldier went above and beyond by sacrificing their weekend to help animals!" (nevermind that they love animals and do it as a hobby)

Isn't mattis responsible for the wars never ending?

People make him out to be blood thirsty but it was the libshits who started the war in the first place to distract the population over how they fucked up the country.

When their own men started to turn on them the lib shits started to mass execute everyone. Things got so bad that the nation threw themselves at the next strong man who became king.

What needs to happen to the UK is a strong man who wipes out the British Royal family, conquers the communist, and throws out the non-whites.

Nice try, 56% mutt.

While I am willing to agree with you on what you say on the present-day America,
That phrase is completely wrong. The great generals and admirals of the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Mexican-American War, the Civil War, and the World Wars were all worthy of their praise. Even if America fought for the wrong sides in both wars, and now fights for unholy Israel now, men like MacArthur and Patton inspire me.

ease up on those black pills buddy. theres plenty of legitimate complaints to be had without turning everything into "muh joos wanna breed out wppo"

Well, it's just one small sample. Then again, I should've said that americucks were responsible for everything wrong that ever happened in history. Every war was caused by them. Every fuck up. The reason we're in this mess now. Everything is the fault of americucks and jews. I'd say americucks just a little more.
In short, muttmerica did everything wrong and deserves death and needs to be reminded of that 24/7.

They were either Europeans or useless hacks that used Europeans to do the dirty work and take the credit at the end.
Every single amerimutt general was a worthless failure that lied and cheated their way in being of note.

You're overthinking things. It's like how Rome actually massively slowed expansion once it became an empire.
If you're the emperor, you gimp and handicap a general, so he doesn't get too much plunder and glory, and become a threat to your rule. The same thing happens today, but instead of there being an emperor it's just a vague empire, or a coalition of special interests, unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats, CIA niggers and people who believe their own lies about democracy or whatever.
The assassination of General Patton (for being a potential threat), and the permanent placement of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (what was once emergency rule is now status quo), signals the passing of america from republic to empire. First as tragedy then as farce etc et all.

Whoever said Napoleon was bloodthristy? He basically destroyed the (((french revolution))) and made it into a monarchic french empire again.

Which should be what happened.

See? It's a yid.

Attached: 9714df019f62e28bcd2eaceeb9245b3701f304291993caef17f2f601ba832c50.gif (498x498, 612.32K)

First. Shut up spergook. Don't you have Trump's cock to suck? Try sucking off a shotgun next.
Second. The kikes jew others as is their nature. Amerimutts go on and on about "freedom" and "d*mocracy" but go about ruining everything in the name of the kikes. Both deserve death, but americucks deserve death first. Always kill a traitor before the enemy.

You are a fucking yid, kike, and you are trying so hard to cause another brother war, it's not funny.

Like clockwork. Then again, you did shill hard for that orange kike in chief. Too bad you didn't get napalmed.
Again, amerimutts did everything wrong and caused the world to be so shit. Therefore they deserve death.

Nope, you ain't going to kill more any white people, yid.

We know you.

Sure thing, cucki.

Oh god, so you are indeed the fake kraut under a VPN.

Look at your flag, user.

Attached: 46d.png (692x390, 200.48K)

Tu Fui, Ego Eris.

Attached: d3e288ad1781a627d7539f58bac0f604d8aafd35fc42f328502c23270a45dafb.png (672x787, 930.41K)

The only nation that lost the civil war was the united states.

Reported for autism and ban evasion.

Go fuck yourself, fake kraut mutt.

Is that Kalia from El Hazard?

He quit because Trump pulled out of a useless conflict that would benefit Israel at our expense.

Dixie had the greatest generals since Hannibal. We only lost because the damnyankees and their Lincoln endlessly poured their men into the meat grinder till it clogged up, Soviet style

I wouldn't say the greatest since Hannibal, that's quite a feat but I do think they are quite good.

And wtf, I'm still permabanned.

And you should stay permabanned, filthy fucking anti gun supporting migapede.

Here's how the US officer Corps actually works;
johntreed.com/blogs/john-t-reed-s-blog-about-military-matters?page=18

Trump somehow thinks up of a good idea. Mattis quits, because he can't get enough mangled jew dick in his ass. Sounds like he will be remembered as one of the great men of history.

Quits, since it would go aginst his life long mission to defend Israel. The fact that he says he support a two state solution means he just didn't quit for Israel. r/thedonald with you

Sounds right to me. We haven't won a real war since the Mexican American war. We have just showed up to the other ones. In WW1 the war was close. America shows up tips the scales slightly AMERICA WON THE WAR!!!.
WW2 Russia is mobbing the shit out of Germany, japan has 2 months of supplies and is in a bloody war with China. Japan is exhausted from killing so many Chinese. America comes in and gives no credit to china. AMERICA BEAT THE NAZIS AND JAPANESE, NO ONE ELSE COULD STOP THEM!!!!!I'll admit that no one might of stopped the Japanese if they didn't drag America in with Pearl Harbor, but china helped a lot by being massive meat shields.
Korean war American and south Korea go to war against Korea and china. Both sides are massively incompetent and give up. CRICKETS
Vietnam America fights against poorly trained and equip jungle people. Loss the war. AMERICA WON DON'T LISTEN TO THE LIES!!!!!
Middle east, since they are already lumping them all together, America fights doped up goat fucker for literally no reason. America spends over a decade getting their ass kicked. WE ARE WINNING THE WAR!!!!

To be fair, that only worked because of lend lease, mostly from the USA. Still, if you look at American doctrines and equipment in the last century, then you can indeed see a country that has a strong industrial base and got a taste of modern combat time-to-time, but never had to eat bloody mud from a steel helmet.

Lad there's actually no difference both practically for administratively in being pro Saudi or a Zionist.

Back when America was a first world country I come from a middle class family and we have insurance. My mom suffers from chronic pain, but she cannot go to the hospital, since it will bankrupt us. She has gone a couple of time, but they cannot find the problem and refuse to give her real medication. They just shill ssri. Also all the pipes in my town are filled with holes, eventually, a couple of years, they will be so bad we will be without water.

Mattis is a zion loving neocon anyway