Amazon workers 'refuse' to build tech for US immigration,warn Bezos of IBM's Nazi legacy

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) revealed earlier this year how Amazon is marketing its powerful AWS Rekognition tool to law enforcement agencies, a practice the workers claim is making the firm implicit in alleged human rights abuses.

“We are concerned the technology would be used to unfairly and disproportionately target and surveil people of colour, immigrants, and civil society organisations," the shareholder's letter stated.

IBM’s systems were employed in the 1940s to help Hitler. We will not let that happen again'

People working for Amazon have written to the company's CEO, Jeff Bezos, to protest the sale of facial recognition tools and other technology to police departments and government agencies.

The workers cite the use of Amazon technology by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, which have been criticised for enforcing Donald Trump's "zero tolerance" policy, which has seen parents separated from their children at the US border.

"As ethically concerned Amazonians, we demand a choice in what we build, and a say in how it is used," the letter states. "We learn from history, and we understand how IBM's systems were employed in the 1940s to help Hitler.

Holocaust experts claim IBM's German subsidiary directly supplied the Nazis with technology which assisted the operation of concentration camps at Auschwitz and Treblinka.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/amazon-workers-immigration-jeff-bezos-ibm-nazi-protest-a8411601.html

Attached: trump-nazi-1.jpeg (619x309, 87.42K)

Stop supporting the faggot people. True colors come out and you all STILL need your conveniences. Honestly, at this point, people stealing your packages off your doorsteps are saints.

Attached: bcf4dc6ea13e0c49e9ce10196fcf6a5445dd1a5228f7b6eead5b6c002013920d.jpg (1000x679, 116.88K)

Not that far-fetched tbh fam

/thread

If there was really Nazi IBM death computers, I'd sell my cum to buy one.

So they are outright admitting that 'people of colour' commit more crimes?

translation

Let's not bullshit people here, OP.

Attached: 001c82155cb9436cae2a669fecdde05d39e2ce40e148b65b268b27b0fc119684.png (700x658, 199.24K)

Fuck amazon
Fuck surveillance
there now this thread can die in peace

THIS
They basically deserve to be screwed over by Bezos

Wat. They're refusing a big customer? Sheeeeiiiit, lemme at it. I'll build lots of servers for the border guards. Where do I sign up?

Eh, I haven't bought anything from amazon since like 2003, and that was actually my boss who ordered technical books with my credit card because his was fucked at the time. Don't think I bought anything personally from them since a few years earlier.
Pretty much the same deal with ebay too, and I let my account expire. It all went to shit anyway.

Immigrants follow the proper procedures for immigration. Invaders cross the border without concern for the law.

This is what happens when you leave your state responsibilities to private companies, now state funded companies don't sound that bad eh lolbergtarians?

It's like you want everything to cost 100x times more. Or maybe you're just a commnunist who wants the state to own everything. I'm betting the later.

IBM did. It was used for the census. Dumb jews put "jew" instead of "german".

Germans were very meticulous when it comes to record keeping. So much so they gave every employee a personally identifiable number.

Thanks Obama for showing us how terrible detaining children can be. To show that we are serious, we make our stand three years later.