To pay taxes or not to pay?

Where does this fall on the Christian morality scale? Since we are commanded to give to Caesar what is Caesars, but at the same time we are allowed to break the law of man if it violates the Law of the Lord (in this case supporting indirectly abortions even in a small amount it's murder). Is this man moral?

faithwire.com/2018/04/19/the-death-of-the-innocent-man-who-refuses-to-pay-taxes-until-abortion-is-defunded-wins-big-in-court/

Attached: jesusandbaby.jpg (450x582, 32.32K)

Did you even read your link?

I did, I was just talking about the principle of the action of not paying taxes in the case that your country does something like this, less the specific case. I know he is not going to jail and is fine.

Good for that man, I don't think I can put up with that amount of stress and scrutiny from my own government. That said, I've always voted against the Democrat party in every election I've been able to vote, so I'm doing my part as much as I can.

Why do you suppose Jesus said to give to Caesar what is Caesar's? What was the broader point He was making - or was He just telling us to be mindlessly obedient to the government?

Keep in mind that He told the Jews this after asking for a coin and whose face was on it. He did this because He knew they were looking to trap him by either implicating Him as a rebel against Rome or as a Roman sycophant, which would have discredited Him in the eyes of the Jews. But by showing them the portrait of Caesar on the coin, He showed them that they had implicitly accepted the rule of Rome; they were, after all, using Caesar's money, weren't they? Not to mention they pressured the local prelate into executing Him under Roman authority.

But this man has rejected the legitimacy of Caesar, and in this case, Caesar has confessed his illegitimacy.

I'm pretty sure that's not a actual victory since he still has to pay taxes, he only evaded a tax evasion charge.

Historical government have done way more antichristian stuff(persecutions and everything related), but i've yet to meet any historical saint advising a fiscal strike because of it.

The question as it is would be "What belongs to Caesar?" Me personally, I dodge taxes whenever possible.

I'd say his money, his school systems, his economy, his entertainment, and the respect as an authority that he is owed. What is your answer to it (other than you don't think of the money as one of those things)?

I choose to avoid all of those things, I would never send one of my children to a public school, detest modern entertainment, and refuse to give the money I worked for to him to fund things like abortion.I have no respect for godless secular regimes like what we have and feel no obligation to follow secular laws.

Unironically this

Attached: britan.jpg (800x442, 111.68K)

Yet what about the subjection to the government we are meant to have, if they do not break the law of God (which is my question with taxes, but since the Saints did not organize a fiscal strike, I won't either)?

I think it just shows where the hearts of many of the Christians in the West are. They're more concerned with lowering taxes and political theatrics, rather than protecting the rights of the unborn. In fact, some churches are protesting for social justice, not because of the killing of the innocent unborn or the homeless and orphans, but because of the perceived injustice of the police.

Matthew 17
24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

I think that is is where most would take issue. At which point does the government's unending attack upon the Sacraments cross into a violation of Divine Law? Which of the Commandments have they not explicitly violated at this point?

True but now they're forced into the legal thicket of having to physically collect taxes from him. By the time they're done sorting everything out they'll have expended far more just attempting a collection than he actually owes, which is assuming he even has enough assets to cover that.

What about the pagan government of Rome that, according to standard readings, Paul and Jesus said to submit to? I don't think they funded abortions but they certainly allowed them, as well as post-birth infanticide I believe, and slavery. As well as cruel executions like that of Christ, battles of slaves in arenas, state-sponsored paganism, etc. If it was right to submit to those pagans surely it is so with our own leaders. Of course if you are directly ordered to do an immoral thing you shouldn't.

Our governments are agents of Satan and I refuse to give them one ounce of legitimacy

This is a decent level-headed biblically-based post. And yes, if the government coerces me to take the Mark of the Beast, I will nope outta there and go hide in the wilderness.

Attached: smile.png (1342x1940, 765.18K)

Sure I'll do that, wait what's on this bill? "Federal Reserve Note"
That's not the United State's superscription, that is a private entities superscription. I'll give to Ceaser's what is his, not someone elses property.

Attached: serveimage (24).jpeg (7364x3104, 5.63M)

Yes you should stop paying taxes, but the legal way: stop earning and reaping Caesar's money. Someone who deals in Caesar's property and then refuses to pay Caesar's due is a hypocrite. They want all gain and no pain. Divorce yourself from worldly things

>Actually being pretending to be this ignorant of the Federal Reserve's relationship with the government and law

The disciples themselves paid tax, as testified in Scripture, but you can bet that none of them thought their "tax dinarii" would be put to use by the state to execute the Lord.
Later Christians also paid tax, and many of them did so knowing that some of that money would to some degree also be used to put their bretheren to death in the arenae or the cross or wherever.
And yet look what good came of this evil, drawn in such a way that the Lord knows only how - countless martyrs and heroes of the faith were born through their suffering.

Basically, there is a difference between just obeying the law, and being enthusiastic about the fact that your money will go to Planned Parenthood.

The Federal Reserve is as "federal" as Federal Express. It is a private bank

Doesn't mean its notes aren't government money. Legal tender, nigger

The money does not belong to the government. If they were governnent money, they would say US note, much like the Lincoln Greenbacks. But the instead say federal reserve note. Not to mention the government can issue anything as legal tender. Also legal tender is just a meme since a business can refuse money.

Yes. What actually happens is that the Federal Reserve has a relationship with the government, and laws state that the Federal Reserve money is official, and all that.
You're trying really hard to worm your way out of this one using the specific word of the rule and you should know exactly where that ends.

give to caesar what belongs to caesar. so pay taxes.
that's his sin, not yours. This is akin to those scrooges who never give money to the poor because they might "buy booze" with it…disgusting.

Sorry dude, I'm just following the Bible and not obeying ideally with the government.

1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
- Romans 13:1-2

We ought to obey the laws of the country we live in, except (of course) if their laws try to make us sin.

Pretty much this, but also balance it out with , at least in America we have a God-given right to vote, so I vote straight-ticket Republican (despite the faults of the party) despite being in my 20s, so as to try to give as little as possible to the Beast and support programs like private religious charter schools, pro-life policies, etc.

Attached: 6fd4b418b55da468578e27980aba2c34--christian.jpg (736x727, 87.65K)

And how exactly would I do this? Not arguing, I just desperately need advice