Bible Memorization

Have you guys memorized any chapters? Currently I have got Psalm 2, 23 and Revelation 20 and the first 18 verses of chapter 21. It is much easier then you think and you can do it while doing other stuff. For example Revelation 20 took a couple hours but I did it while playing Battlefield One.

Not yet, I will start on May 1st though as I've planned for that. Memorizing the Psalter and some Gospels is necessary to be a Christian as far as I'm concerned. It's also a beautiful way to meditate on His word.

I am close to memorizing Psalms 123-128 due to praying them for past two months. But I doubt that it's profitable to memorise all of Bible when I already memorised it's structure or rather where to find what I want to find

Finished memorizing chapter 21 and the first 5 of 22. This part really was hard
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

I have a hard time just memorizing single verses even though I read the Bible nearly every day.

Psalm 51, because it's part of my morning prayers and I have to pray it at every confession.

That's about it.

Thank God for the Internet.

Is there a way to memorize the entire Bible with the Apocrypha?

I'm sure it's been done but I don't really see the point. I can understand why you'd memorize psalms and any number of other books/chapters but do you really need to have all the stuff about how the tabernacle was to be constructed or how the tribes were to be arranged around it memorized?

I suppose you're right. I wonder if anyone has completely memorized the entire NT?

I test myself to see if I can name the nine fruits of the spirit from Galatians. The ones I get wrong are the ones I don't have.

peace, love, joy
goodness, kindness, gentleness
self control…

Nope. I can still only remember 7…

faithfulness and patience :(

Most likely. I mean, I do not doubt it. But I don't see why somebody would. It isn't seen as a profession of faith or anything.
Muslims memorize their (un)holy book, but with everything Muslim related, they do it to show off how great they are. Basically them memorizing their (un)holy book is like them praying in the streets, to show how devout they are.
So I mean, if you want to memorize it, Go ahead, but make sure you aren memorizing it so people know how devout you are.

sorry for the reddit spacing between the main text and this spoiler, but I bet some baptists memorize the bible fully. I know some baptists who memorize hundreds of passages so they can dunk on Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, and at least one guy tried to dunk on me when he realized I was Catholic.

Attached: 1504893050.jpg (750x704, 100.98K)

This is off-topic, but
???

Why do Muslims place such an emphasis on memorizing the Koran?

It's pretty sad when Muslims are more dedicated to their false deity than 99% Christians I meet (Orthodox or not). For example, a web search on fasting during final examination, you'll only find Muslims discussing this whereas there is literally zero discussion from Christians. I don't know how God still puts up with us sometimes.

Attached: 122.jpg (2386x2107, 788.63K)

I've memorized much of the structure as well, but, I've realized to be able to quote a verse on the spot without looking it up does have a certain effect on people.

I have Romans 8 pretty well memorized.

Howdy, Muslimanon here. I can help you with that question. Us muslims dedicate alot of time into memorizeing the Quran because the Quran is the direct word of God. God calls us to remember the Quran by heart because our submission to God comes from the heart. Thus, if we remember the Quran we are always able to remember God's words to us, so we may become more devout Muslims.

Its helps alot that we literally sing the verses as songs are easier to recall than just plainly saying the verse.
An example of an imam singing the Quran

I haven't memorized any, but some people here deserve to know Sabbath is code for self-control and Fasting code for giving to your own poor. God explained this in Isaiah and Jesus reiterated it.

The specific chapter is Isaiah 58

i'd want to memorize it; if only those who did weren't insane and seem to only use it for talmudic/quranic style exegesis

Well, that's nice, but Quran is 77k words while the Bible is 10x that. I've been working on memorizing Psalms. That's about 40k words.

That is pleb tier. Try my level, memorize the Bible and the commentary. Vid unrelated.

Attached: c5f3d95e87142b5d9063b90222c7a8a844e92e902fe213c0307eaae077b2247b.mp4 (640x360, 4.93M)

Cool. Have fun remembering them.