Medic thread

Hello Zig Forums ive noticed that we dont have a medic thread. So post anything relating to medical stuff here.
(pdfs, images, history, etc)

Attached: us medic.jpg (381x520 261.03 KB, 456.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Suture-Practice-Kit-Suturing-Training/dp/B07HLWWD23/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1546428529&sr=8-9&keywords=suturing kit
youtube.com/channel/UCYtA_hsFG9u-zQ1bNUqDWow/videos
grandpappy.org/index.htm
pssurvival.com/
transfusion.com.au/blood_products/storage/storage_temperature_range
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1459358851064-0.jpg (1110x800, 236.24K)

Attached: Med (2)

My grandpa was a battlefield medic in WW2. Quite frankly I'm surprised they let him stay (he joined before the war), given his mother was a 1st-generation German immigrant.
He was also in one of the bombers, had some flight training IIRC (never knew him). He lost a pipe over Berlin, if anyone found it and would like to return it, pls send here:
[email protected]

Attached: f56e9bd1173c97383baae6571bd39c93.jpg (800x524, 83.72K)

Jesus. I haven't bothered to read all of these after noticing that you can get killed following some of the advice.

Well shit man, how do you remove a bullet then? Also since you're a surgeon should I buy a practice suture kit like on amazon or are they shit?

amazon.com/Suture-Practice-Kit-Suturing-Training/dp/B07HLWWD23/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1546428529&sr=8-9&keywords=suturing kit

You don't.

No. Don't suture wounds.

Strelok efforts should be based on trauma stabilization, first aid, and controlling hemorrhage. I recommend you all find and attend a Stop the Bleed class (many of them are free) where you can learn those skills and practice on yourself with a real tourniquet. Learn CPR too.

Just seeing up a deep wound is just asking for infection, leave it open and let it drain, if you have the know-how you can pack it with gauze and change it and flush it with sterile water daily.

Here's a really interesting channel, if you can stomach watching a bunch of videos of grown men screaming in pure agony
youtube.com/channel/UCYtA_hsFG9u-zQ1bNUqDWow/videos
Mostly pertains to first aid soon after combat wounds.
Anyways I've always thought that it's kinda neat how the body heals itself. A while back I got some pretty bad road rash to the point where there were black skid marks and you could see gray tissue in the wound. Just the way the scab formed, and then how the tissue underneath turned to this odd yogurt-looking stuff, etc. etc. and now half a year later there's only a faint scar.

Attached: kat.jpg (581x604, 99.3K)

Botanics expert here, tought I'd post since I think my skills might help one of you
Here's a pretty basic recipe
-4 or 5 crushed cloves of garlic
-a few sprigs of usnea
-ginger powder
-any sort of strong pepper, doesn't matter what type
-3 cups of either strong alcohol or olive oil
This makes a good amount of antibacterial/fungal solution, if you get sick or get an infection just chug this stuff

Why the fuck would a Zig Forumscommando ever need to deal with menstrual cramps

(checked)
First Femcorps, waifu division?

And here's some more recipes
Burn healing paste
-a leave's worth of aloe gel
-a tablespoon of pure natural honey, none of that added sugar American stuff
-mashed up mint leaves, a handful
Mix them so it forms a very light putty or paste it whatever, apply and cover with a light bandage
Cut healing paste
-a leave's worth of aloe gel
-2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar
Crush the aloe between your fingers, trying to work the sugar into it
Apply to any bandages you put on a wound, change regularly

Fair enough

Do what the leaf says unless you have actual medical training. It's not like the movies. We all mock the movies when they show 9mm sending people flying across the room. Why is it so surprising that their "medical therapy" is totally fake too?

I'm not telling you faggots not to suture wounds because I'm afraid of losing post-apocalyptic job security, but rather because people don't understand that, to a first approximation, the main reason we suture wounds closed is to make a pretty scar. If there is any chance of the wound being contaminated, or still having any ongoing bleeding, we don't close. If we closed a contaminated or bleeding wound, we have to reopen it.

Any wound you faggots would be able to manage would be a wound you should let heal by secondary intention.

Trips of truth.
There is a reason that doctors require a degree. Human beings are complex machines and messing with one requires a lot of training and experience.

Yes. When streloks talk about treating bullet wounds I imagine the scene from the 2006 film, Babel, where they find a vet to suture the woman's bleeding rifle wound closed "to stop the blood loss". Yeah, no, that's not how this works at all. Tourniquet (if applicable) or direct pressure, like you will learn in Stop the Bleed. "Direct pressure" does not mean what you learned in boy scouts, either.

This is a legitimate topic have a bump and some brofist

drink water, take motrin, change your socks

sounds like a traitor to me, if anyone found his pipe, please burn it

Step aside n00bs.

The rest of the medical stuff I have is too big to post, and I got it from b-ok.org anyway.

But seriously, if SHTF for real, either get a real doctor and pay them with gold and all the pussy they want, or pray like mad and be grateful humans heal more efficiently than any other animal, even if the scars are awful to look at.

Attached: medical_addendum2.png (1017x311, 35.19K)

Other pages with some good medical stuff, once you dig through it:

grandpappy.org/index.htm
and
pssurvival.com/

Also try to find copies of older manuals made before modern antibiotics, which are probably more useful than most current ones in a post-apocalyptic-type scenario, because you'll have little in the way of working modern technology left after a short while.

If any of you can manage to get the help of a chemist and produce Sulfonamide antibiotics aka Sulfonamidochrysoidine (Prontosil), as well as streptomycin, chloramphenicol, and tetracycline, you're going to be rolling in dough after SHTF.

Otherwise, use honey on wounds, and piss on your feet to stop from getting fungal infections there.

Some medic books here
>>>Zig Forums12635981
>>>Zig Forums12635989

Medics are the healsluts of soldiers

sounds like a real stand-up guy

What essential supplies should someone collect to prepare for 5 years of SHTF?

Attached: 1552270357639.png (517x691, 465.67K)

How do you deal with blood transfusions during the apocalype? People suffering from blood loss will have problems with getting the donated bloods.

You don't. You either get lucky or you die.
t.guy who lives somewhere if you get shot you're a fucking dead man.

That sucks. I thought about getting my blood stored in my refrigerators.

You'd have about ~40 days before it expires. Blood doesn't last long outside the body and it has to be constantly monitored or it just goes bad. I wonder where all that expired blood gets dumped now that I think about it.

Eating enough cilantro to remove mercury from your body will also de-calcify your bones/prevent iron/calcium ingestion. There's a reason you're not supposed to feed it to box turtles and other small animals.

That seems like a quick way to kill someone. They specifically teach you NOT to do this kind of shit in CPR/First Aid training since not even a fucking EMT should be doing this kind of shit.

Maybe if you got shot by .22LR or 9mm that would work, but anything heavier and you'll probably need a tourniquet at bare minimum to deal with that shit. I imagine removing any standard rifle round from your innards is a good way to bleed to death since you can't apply pressure properly to a wound that deep/large.

You spent the chill down my spine. I hope they don’t sell the expired bloods to the desperate people.

That is a typo for send.

Most blood isn't stored as blood, it's stored as blood plasma since you can freeze blood plasma and forget about it. These days most of the times when they're giving you blood, they're actually just giving you the fluids that help blood move throughout your body and hoping that your remaining blood cells are capable of transferring enough oxygen to your brain to send signals to ramp up actual blood cell production. Imagine your blood is alcohol (blood) and water (blood plasma) and an open wound is a bunsen burner. You're diluting it with water as the bunsen burner tries to boil everything to make it look like it's still 45/55 ratio of blood-to-plasma to your dad (hemorrhagic shock) while your friend (the brain) goes off to get another bottle of vodka and the medic tries to shut off the gas valve.

I got a feeling it goes in the incinerator.

The wife was telling me red blood cells don't last that long and a quick look found this. transfusion.com.au/blood_products/storage/storage_temperature_range
Medical stuff isn't exactly my expertise, I guess I'll have to look into this shit a bit more.

Not everyone will do that. Some of them are evil.

they'd already be dying dipshit

I mean, if someone has been neck shot or similar and their airways and lungs are filling up with blood, it's not like they're going to live past the next minutes without immediate intervention. Even if it had a, random number, 20% success rate, that's a lot more than the 0% if you did nothing.

You can go perform your tracheotomy on someone and get arrested on manslaughter charges when you got them killed due to not knowing what the fuck you're doing and following internet infographics, user.

Even with CPR, someone dying of a heart attack is only likely to survive (post-hospice) like 10% of the time. Before you perform any medical procedure, you're supposed to ask yourself if you're going to cause more harm than good by doing something. For fuck's sake, have none of you faggots taken at least a basic community first aid/CPR class?

Attached: ENOUGH.jpg (746x509, 107.72K)

Point being, anything more advanced than a tourniquet, stitches, or giving someone epinephrine, and you should be leaving it to your dedicated medic (unless you ARE the dedicated medic and have trained yourself accordingly). The human body can recover from hella lot of shit in most scenarios and it's good intentions that get people killed.

In retrospect I got angry and said something extremely retarded. The only thing you should/can do for someone having a heart attack is give them aspirin in most cases. I was thinking of sudden cardiac arrest, which is not the same thing.

Do I need to boil it, or do I just throw it all into a blender and drink it cold?

I will reiterate, if you have positively identified your buddy as being shot in the neck, you can either A: Do nothing, and he will die 100% of the time. Or B: Attempt tracheotomy.

I will reiterate, if you're dumb enough to carry around a tracheal tube and attempt this, you will kill your buddy 100% of the time unless you're professionally trained to perform a tracheotomy, even though 97% of the time your friend will be dead whether you perform it or not with that slim 3% chance that a medic will show up before then (and if you don't have a medic and none of you have medical training of any sort, you're an idiot). If you want to justify carrying around an endotracheal tube and relevant materials, that's your own business and you can have your 90% chance of killing your buddy in the process because you aren't fucking trained to do it, but you will kill your buddy 100% of the time if you perform a tracheotomy without the medical knowledge associated with it, you dumb motherfucker.
If you have no training, do not play field medic as you will get someone fucking killed.
The human body is capable enough of repairing itself and healing even gruesome wounds, and in the case of a neck injury, your "buddy" is already dead 97% of the time before you can even attempt to do anything like a dumb fucking nigger. Idiots like you are why hundreds if not thousands of people end up dead every year because some god damned retard thought he could play surgeon based on some fucking internet pictures he found. How about you go make some fucking homemade "glowsticks" out of chlorine tablets and 99% Isopropyl alcohol while you're at it too, you fucking twit.

Attached: 11ea4cdc675ddbb377b5810962730332caa131b888208167fabcaa3f0cc8410a.jpg (320x192 2.61 MB, 874.07K)

1) Antibiotics
2) Pain pills (strong stuff like opiates, Advil/Tylenol aren't good for broken bones and bullet wounds. Although they can help aches and pains.)
3) Bandaging (including sutures)
4) First-Aid books
5) Bible.

Everything else is a waste of time and resources. You're not gonna be curing people with parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Those 5 things can fix 99% of everything you'll come across. Just make sure you don't accidentally hook people on pain pills. In a WROL scenario, consider growing weed and opium for medicinal use.

And if anyone has information on how to manufacture mid-to-high quality antibiotics at home, please post PDFs with step-by-step instructions on how to grow and refine these materials. I've heard fermented garlic and honey has medical properties, but haven't seen any evidence to back it up.

Patient sick for more than 2 weeks? That means it's bacterial and not viral, give them antibiotics.

Patient stabbed? Clean the wound thoroughly, stitch it (or don't depending) rub honey all over it, and give them a weeks worth of pain pills (or don't depending.) Give them antibiotics only if it gets infected.

Patient depressed? (Which WILL be common.) Tell them to wake up early, exercise regularly, eat more meat and veg and less starch and grain, then give them a bible and tell them God loves them. Have them focus on the "have faith" parts and not the "Sinners will burn" parts. Curing depression with meds is a rabbit hole that even billion dollar pharmaceutical industries can't navigate. Jesus and lifestyle changes are the best thing we can give them in that scenario. Remember, men like to feel useful, women like to feel wanted. Marijuana MAY help, but only if you get the marijuana growing process down, if you don't have weed coming out your ears, ration it to people in more need. You may be tempted to give opiates to depressed patients… DON'T DO THAT ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED! It'll only make things worse in the long run.

So ive been hearing that if you wear two socks at the same time that it prevents blisters? Is this true or is it complete mumbo jumbo?

that or very thick socks. when your foot cannot move around boot it wont be scrapped by the leather of the boots. sometimes works, sometimes not, sometimes makes things worse

Attached: mazurek herringtona.webm (640x360, 1.13M)

Don't know much about garlic, but honey is great for wounds. It's anti-bacterial so it prevents infection (you can apply it even on an infected wound), it keeps the wound moist, and prevents shit from entering it. It makes wounds heal faster than normal, helps with infection, helps with burns, and can even reduce final scarring. Best rubbed onto gauze, which should the be applied as normal and changed regularly. Honey actually works so well that it has been used in this manner for thousands of years.

Careful, though. Different honeys have very different properties - some may only be very mildly anti-bacterial, others may have contaminants, etc. Ideally, you should use medical-grade honey which has been pre-sterilised and has a very high anti-bacterial property. If you do not have that, table honey may be used, but you can't be sure about how effective it'll actually be and you might even introduce contaminants.

If you manage to have some hives to produce honey, and you're lucky enough to get them to produce the right kind of honey, you will have a steady supply of a strong, multipurpose anti-bacterial agent. If you are not lucky, you'll at least have something delicious to sweeten your food.

Attached: 1532482660564.gif (304x280, 546.88K)

To destroy all the beneficial enzymes? It's naturally anti-bacterial and will kill anything that contaminates it

Whoever told you that is retarded. The answer is to stock-up on mole-skin while you can and use it as padding on blister hot-zone. Do you always get a blister under your little toe? Walk until you start to feel the burn, then put some mole-skin there. A little bit of abuse will strengthen your skin, and that's good, but do everything in your power to prevent actual blisters from forming. In a shtf scenario, if that blister pops and gets infected you could lose your fucking foot. Granted that's a worst case scenario, but it's still better to slowly and carefully add calluses. Yes I'm aware that's not how you're "supposed" to use mole-skin, but it works

Thanks, but honey is only useful for treating wounds (at least I think.) I was referring to oral antibiotics. Like penicillin or tetracycline.

The only reason the allies got planes capable of fighting the germans was because a half jew hand delivered a plane to them. Fucking traitors.

Isn't CPR incredibly ineffective? Like it's a miracle if it works at all?

What's some good natural pain reliefs? Getting tired and sore is a real issue and having some self grown pain relief would do you well if you start getting joint pain or headaches as you get older.

no, the answer is to get boots that are comfy and getting used to wearing them

The issue is not all honey is as antibacterial as we'd like.

Yeah, honey won't help you here except for a small relief for throat infections.

CPR increases the chances of surviving cardiac arrest until medics show up from 7% to about 18%, so it's incredibly effective. You have to keep in mind that all CPR is, is manually pumping blood to the brain so the person doesn't get brain death from lack of oxygen. It isn't actually solving the problem, it's just preventing a bigger obstacle.

You're the kind of faggot EMTs hate.

this is why america is fucked

I'm assuming you meant to reply to

No you nigger, the EMTs would agree with me. 911 dispatch would never authorize you or advise you to perform a tracheotomy. No doctor, medic, EMT, etc. would advise you to perform a tracheotomy because you'd likely kill the person in question. Even if you're successful, your botched surgery likely only extended his lifespan for a couple minutes, maybe days in which he'll die from a horrible infection or internal bleeding from your botched job because you don't fucking know what you're doing, causing him to suffer a far more painful and humiliating death than having been shot in the fucking throat. I even provided your dumb ass with a workaround that might accomplish the same fucking thing without you risking slitting someone's throat for shits and giggles thinking you're Doctor House MD, and instead you're putting words in my mouth like a fucking ASS. Go deepthroat a cactus or better yet, prove your fucking medical knowledge by shooting yourself in the throat on livestream and performing a tracheotomy on yourself, faggot.

Attached: ec45ad9043d8ed625c6e32f8c2fe814557b4ca6c46addd8766ce6c4dbb3a49c5.png (1130x900, 136.08K)

For Christ's sake, just stick to basic community first aid and things like instead of getting someone killed Zig Forums.

Attached: d99aa2e1798b44725c43dec53e38c59341584c080e24ba110bdf70d350136f21.png (188x264, 56.82K)

That works for you, but I was assuming we were talking about taking care of someone else. If it's shtf and someone doesn't have good shoes, then going to the store and getting some nice new boots probably isn't going to be an option. If getting good boots is an option, yeah, do that, if not, do what I said.

It depends on the scenario. If you're in the woods and even a helicopter is over an hour away. Then trying a tracheotomy took your friend from a 0% chance to 0.1% chance. If you just got in a car wreck and help is already on the way, then don't pretend you're Action-Man and stay calm, odds are you'll do more harm than good.

You're still assuming a 0% chance and that your actions won't lower the percentage further. Or that your situation, which is even less likely than your friend getting shot in the neck during a firefight and surviving long enough for you to cut a hole in his throat/patch up a wound around the hole in his throat you're using makeshift, is feasibly possible. This isn't argumentum ad absurdum, but even if it was, an endotracheal tube is still a more valid option.

No shit sherlock, but what if you don't happen to have one lying around? If I could pull a surgeon out of my backpack and have him take care of it instead I would do that. But no matter how well you think you've prepared there's always SOMETHING you're going to miss. If you pack an endotracheal tube in your first aid kit, good on you, but I'm talking about an absolute worst case scenario. You're hours from civilization, your friend fell and jacked his neck up and now he can't breath, and you don't happen to have an endotracheal tube just lying around. In that scenario then an emergency tracheotomy makes sense. I agree that if an ambulance is already on the way then stabbing your friend in the throat is one of the most retarded things you could do, but if there isn't help coming, and he can't breath, then a tracheotomy could be the difference between life and death.

I think you're actually retarded, user.

Attached: ad4fd516c788ccf32903df5064f97f1db068e220e2ed81b415dbfce264ad7cd1.jpg (760x570, 68K)

that’s a good way to drown. You’re better off holding your breathe without hyperventilating. If you can resist the urge to suck in air your spleen will release oxygenated blood which will buy you a couple minutes. Hyperventilating can cause you to black out because it doesn’t actually increase the oxygen in your blood but lowers the amount of CO2. The oxygen in your bloodstream will lower at the same rate as usual but without any of the warning signs CO2 gives off. To top it off it reduces the oxygen available in your blood because the hemoglobin will bond too strongly to the oxygen and never release it to the blood and organs.

This is what your entire autistic spewings is based on.
It is wrong.

No I don't think he did, because those are GoPro videos

Imagine not being able to do math

Just mercy kill your friend.
Also,

Well here is a tip for all those lonely guys:

If you ever choke on food and there it nobody there to help you, get on your knees and slam your torso to the ground.
Repeat until the food has been flung from your airways.

Sounds like a shitbag.

Come on Germany, you were set up for the perfect shitpost and you blew it!

Anyone interested in Illustrated combat first aid in Japanese?

Attached: 40820586_294813891332876_5765515792204344137_n.jpg (1080x1350, 225.18K)

Do you need to ask? Post it to the /a/ scanlation thread and they'd probably scanlate it.

Attached: 23222.jpg (400x320, 53.01K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

What is actually useful if I am not a larping faggot who thinks he is going to treat other peoples gunshot wounds or have other people there to help me if I get shot?
tourniquets and compression bandages?

Attached: anklemedical-kit.jpg (1000x1000, 327.13K)

I'd say most anons probably only need something that they can use for stitches, something to sterilize shit with (say a small bottle of neutral spirits), compression bandages (or just gauze and a basic understanding of what you're doing), a small tube + stick combo or something you can use as a tourniquet, some opiates or weed if you can get your hands on them, a pair of gloves, tweezers for pulling shit out of your skin, and then just some basic bandaid shit or liquid bandage for small cuts/wounds to keep them from getting infected. In most Zig Forums scenarios that I can think of, infection/disease are more of a concern than bleeding out. If you have room/can ass yourself to change things out once a year, then some stuff like antihistamine tablets, fever reducers, gold bond powder, and skin rash cream are always good bets too. Same with a small flashlight/headlamp if you have extra room at the end. But yeah, a gun range first aid kit will more than likely have the same things I suggested if not significantly less. The important thing is being able to stop bleeding and stop infection.

Very few have gone over the use of hasty tourniquets for combat use.
Hopefully that means enough understand the use of them.

Why not prioritze the amount of work done a casualty? 'Less we want to focus on innawoods kinda scenarios….

Willow trees are a great source of Salicin which is the precursor to aspirin. White willows (Salix alba) are generally considered the best, but any variety will do. The bark can be broken down into small pieces and chewed, or brewed into a tea. Same with the leaves, although the bark is a much more potent and reliant source.

Cut a deep square about the size of your palm into the side of the tree and pry the bark off. There will be dark pink and pale bits of bark. You want the pale bits, this is the inner bark. Sometimes beggers can't be choosers though Let the bark dry for a day and either chew for 10 minutes before spitting out, or brew for 20 minutes and drink. One palm's worth of bark is usually enough for 1 dose.

Do not take more than one dose's worth of bark from a tree in a year. (unless you know about coppicing and taking care of trees and shit).
Do not give willow bark to children under 16 (it's rare but they might develop Reye's syndrome).

Congratulations, you now know about the best herbal medicine this side of the apocalypse. Now go out and plant a shit ton of willow trees all over so you can have a steady source of medicine in case you need it.

I think anyone with even a modest interest in first aid knows about tourniquets.

What?
If you're asking "why not talk about what you need to do with a casualty (dead body)" then the answer is simple. Because you either burn the corpse, or bury it. Not much else to talk about.
If you're asking "why not talk more about combat medicine." The answer is also simple, unless you want to go take actual classes on the subject, basically all you need to know is "Stop the bleeding until real help arrives." There's only so much you can do without getting a degree in this stuff.
Pretty much no matter what happens the answer is "dress/pack with clean bandages, apply pressure, take to nearest hospital."

Attached: willow bark.jpg (1280x960 98.92 KB, 490.81K)

Wtf?

A casualty is anyone who is not combat effective, usually due to an injury. If a soldier sprains a wrist while juggling, he is a casualty. It doesnt mean "dead" lol

Yes, but I assumed the ching-chong with broken english from korea didn't know that.
That's why I continued though. If someone is incapacitated due to combat injuries, odds are the damage is too serious for the average strelok to take care of. Like I said: There's only so much you can do without getting a degree in this stuff

Not sure what strelok's are hoping to achieve here, but the basics to survival medicine is to plan for the most basic injuries (blisters, burns, cuts, heat stroke, sprains, diahrea, hemmroids, chaffing, etc), and to merely know the basics of how to secure a patient who's has worse than that. You can't fix a broken arm, but an intelligent user can set a dislocated arm. You can't treat a gunshot wound, but you can apply direct pressure, and rush them to a hospital. If you honestly think you'll need to know how to extract a bullet, and save a patient all by yourself, you need to reconsider some life choices. Either become a doctor, or change your tactics that'd result in said firefight. Bullets are very lethal, and in a SHTF scenario, you need to assume any bullets coming your way will kill you and yours. Either learn how to discuss things like an adult, wait till they're all asleep and murderhobo it up, or avoid others at all costs.
In my experience, wearing a thin layer of cotton socks under thicker wool socks is the best preventative measure against blisters. The additional bonus to this, is you can wear your wools socks multiple days by changing out your undersock only. After 3 days, change your wool sock out as at that point, it'll be pretty well flattened out. There is no properly fitted boot that won't cause blisters. In a survival situation, you're gonna be doing a lot more than just marching in your boots: dragging objects, grubbing in the dirt, going over rocky and rough terrain. All of these things play hell on your foot, and your boot is designed to not flex, meaning your foot is going to slopping around inside to some degree. Really, the best advice here is just to take care of your feet. If you want to go to the next level of care, look into wilderness medicine courses. They're simple enough I'm sure you could find all the info online. That course is gonna get you by 80% of the time. The rest is gonna take a degree.
-t. wildland firefighter/EMT
why the fuck is everyone talking about torniquets and sutures? your belt is a torniquet, a cargo strap is a torniquet, tough fabric and a stick is a torniquet. If you need to use one, you can make one out of almost anything lying around. Your rifle strap, for instance. Suture? Fuck you, stop larping. Gauze, hemostat patches, direct pressure, possible torniquet depending on location, and get them to a hospital. Anything more and you're liable to kill your patient.

This is absolutely wrong and they'll tell you so in any first aid instruction in the world

Feel free to keep lying all you want, but the fact remains that all those items have been used quite extensively to stop bleeding on many an amputation. That'd be like claiming no one in the world has ever died to a .22 when in fact a major number of deaths are attributed to them. Most torniquets applied out in the field aren't "proper" brandname torniquets.

It's over 3h long but I highly recommend it

Always carry a medikit?

Attached: Zdelete.mp4 (500x352, 7.06M)

This is a partial lie. They tell you that a belt, cargo strap, etc. is not a tourniquet, but they also tell you that realistically that's what you're going to be using to cut off blood flow if you need a damn tourniquet.

Attached: 82091d7b3c085ab7bf7501ff0c6b5986fadd3b9469bddae1f9475c0c9cb957b0.jpg (600x661, 47.77K)

IIRC CPR is 40% as effective as regular heartbeats though
I would suggest the absorbant gels or whatever the hell that is so people with major injuries don't die from Air embolism. Although at that stage you're probably fucked. I suggest grabbing one penicillin derrived antibiotic, and SMZ/TMP or Levofloxacin. The former has better oral and topical application effiency, the latter is a 'oh shit hes fucked type antibiotic'.

Do bowline knots work as well? I was taught those worked well but I might be wrong since that was 10+ years ago.
Honestly I would be more worried with the resurgence of parasites and other diseases. Viral and bacterial infections just hope you have a good immune system and meds. It's not gonna be possible short of a mirale or the kube itself blessing the injured to stop a major spine injury or perforating trauma. IF you need to stablize Cspine or some shit and move you're better off mercy killing. For bleeds you might have better luck cautrizing that shit if it's an artery. Or using some of that absorbant gel to make an airtight seal. Again. Not when you need to be moving. I wonder if plastic wrap would work…..

Extreme idiocy below:
If you extract the liquid of Artemisia annua (annual wormwood) leaves you can use it to cure malaria, flukes and fevers if done correctly. It's a meme from traditional chinse medicine, but there's actual science because it contains artemisinin. Be sure to not use water to boil it since artemisinin is fucking volatile >40 C. Traditional (eg; without machinery) extraction is written in the old text to be via compression of the leaves with force. I will say this shit tastes really fucking bitter though, also low oral absorbtion cause of the fact its not industrial grade synthesis of this shit, the low halflife and absorption of this shit. My guess is to take it three or four times a day.

Does anyone have any recent physician's desk references or anything like that?

no, they are pointless. just wear on yourself more ammo for your underbarel shotgun

I always carry triangular bandage in on of my cargo pockets. Could be used as improvised tourniquet, trauma pad, roller bandage and of course sling

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (350x350, 149.33K)

Not to demerit your setup, but a T-shirt will do all these things, and typically you've got at least one of those available at all times.

You can cut a triangle out of your shirt, then use the rest for wrap, by following the remaining 'tab' and cutting a contour width from the missing shirt going around and up. Learned this at the aforementioned wilderness medicine course.

I've always found this a bit weird in that the US has, more or less since WW2, had medics and corpsmen attached on a platoon and squad level whereas, as far as I can tell, most other countries(especially "Eastern" countries) tend to treat them like a company or battalion level resource.
Hell, a lot of countries just plain old don't have medics at all instead riflemen have to provide basic aid and then drag their comrades over to a field hospital.

Unless the presence of the bullet in the wound presents a significant and immediate danger you don't.

When I went through first aid to get my driver's license they taught us how to make a tourniquet out of a plank or a stick and a shirt to use on fractures.
To quote "if you don't have a proper trauma kit, and if you're intervening after a car crash you almost certainly won't, you use whatever you have available".

You just described a splint, user.

No he described a tourniquet. You take a rope or piece of fabric and tie it upstream of the wound with a standard knot. Make a second standard knot. Push a tick or pen or flashlight or something else long and solid in between the rope and the limb. Twist. Keep twisting until the bloodflow stops.