Are flareguns suitable for self-defense?

Are flareguns suitable for self-defense?
They're still freely available here but already classified as weapons in Germany and some other EU states.

Attached: HK_Leuchtpistole_2013.jpg (765x670, 68.44K)

Not really unless you make one of those adapters that turns it into a single shot pistol, and even then that's halfway to useless. Do you have access to ammunition of any sort? I'd really just suggest homebuilding a gun.

Not really. Flares are a lot more expensive than actual bullets, and would likely just cause horrible fleshwounds rather than stopping someone trying to kill you.
So pretty much

Although, with an adapter they could make great throw away guns.

Attached: Hunt_Down_The_Fat_Man.mp4 (1280x720, 5.08M)

It wouldn't be that hard to machine a barrel insert in a more viable rimmed cartridge, like .38 special, .357, or .44. Cheap and untracable "Liberators".
I don't know how you'd get ammo, though.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (550x549, 140.64K)

Greek anarchists accidentally shot a fellow anarcho-communist womyn with a flaregun and it went straight into her knee, and burned her leg from the inside out. They could neither pull it our or put it off. Embed related her sweet cries of agony

When the maymays becomes real and it happens to the most deserving type of cunts.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1080x895, 506.27K)

To add to that I've had one of those older 26.5mm flares pop through a pine board before. I think I'd laugh to death seeing someone die because a flare decided to cook their insides while they're conscious for the most part.

Out of all the utility items that could be repurposed into a weapon, why a flare gun? You’d have better chance of scaring another attacker away with a garden machete than a flare gun.

It looks as if he’s giving birth to some sort of demonic rape-baby lmao

Rifle and shotgun ammo is freely available to people over 18, although the .357 and .44 count as pistol calibers and you need to prove you own a rifle that uses them to buy them.
They're also available but have to be registered, which puts you on a target list in the worst case.

I'd be interested in using a caliber like .223 per adapter, though I have no clue about the legal status of that.

DIY would also be interesting for a single-barrell shotgun since you might not have to get that registered, although I have to do more research on that.
I'd be worried about accidentally offing myself with such a contraption though.

A 45lc/.410 adapter seems to be the safer route when it comes to flare guns.

well you probably wouldn't want to get shot with one

The screams of this commie bitch is beautiful. Got more?

At that distance just get big ass knife or dagger

If you shoot at his stomach with 0 meters of distance he might die. But then again, is it really a gun at that range?

Is self-defense legal in Austria? If it is, can you just get a real gun and use it? If it isn't, since you're breaking the law anyways might as well use an illegal gun and not worry about registration.

Sounds about right.

Attached: Bloated Smug.jpg (484x430, 46.02K)

Deserving hitlerdubs!

They did not show us that on TV did they?

Attached: checken'em.jpg (236x306, 78.76K)

I came.

I think they did actually

Not OP but it depends on the situation. Generally if you can prove he was a threat to your life then it counts as self defense and you get off free. Law is a bit unclear about handling burglars but there is a recorded cause where one verbal warning without direct line of sight, followed by a warning shot before directly shooting (and killing) the approaching intruder was still fine.

Honestly just get a lever-action and a pistol or semi-automatic. Ask in one of the local gun forums, they should know which psychiatrists aren't antiguns and membership at a firing range is a valid reason for a WBK.

Also, I wish foreigners could understand Greek. The comments in that video are top-tier. Here's a rough translation of some of them. Translating Greek into English isn't easy, I'll do my best though.
"With those screams the anarchists must have confused her with a police car, and so they shot her"
"Her disability increased. For years it was just in her head, but now she's a cripple too!"
"Own goal"
"Now she won't need a candle for Easter"
"With a tolerant flare stuck in her knee, the only ones who help her are the fascist cops she hates"
"The flare should have been stuck in her throat"

Attached: 55.jpg (654x602, 77.88K)

Attached: 30006-21852-19243.PNG (559x525, 235.04K)

kek

Attached: 2016-10-23_01-54-40.png (370x388, 300.35K)

Now in .mp4

Attached: Exarchia_ Female injured by naval flare.mp4 (1280x720, 7.87M)

Also have an edit, because why not.

Attached: drop_it_like_it's_hot.mp4 (1280x720, 14.67M)

Attached: 1429124241463.gif (250x250, 443.07K)

Short and to the point, and I laughed on the train.

Attached: IMG_20190305_140723.jpg (398x454, 359.83K)

Anarchist uses FLARE OF TOLERANCE! The Anarchist harmed itself in Confusion!

Attached: tetujin.gif (97x127, 110.67K)

Seems rather… potent against inept monkeys and subhumans. I might even buy one in case of gipsy uprising purposes.

no joke buy one. There are U.S. states like NJ and NY where these are handguns you cannot even get a permit for.

I know you can get 12 gauge adapters for em at Walmart here in the states. Dunno about other countries though.

Attached: flare-gun-insert-12ga.jpg (600x600, 37.78K)

It sounds like a mating call.

Be aware that many flare guns are made intentionally with a weakness in the hull/receiver so that they crack if you shoot anything more powerful than a flare through them. Usually it's done by having a sharp angle where the frame is stepped, so that pressure on its flat vertical surface cracks it.

I wondered this too when I was nogunz and got a flare gun for other reasons. I'll let you find the videos of people testing it, but basically it's not much good. The accuracy is shit so you need to be within 10 feet. The flare bounces off the target and only makes a small bruise/burn, painful but not debilitating. The flare then becomes a fire hazard and attracts attention. Even a BB gun might be better, the first shots distract while later shots are aimed at sensitive areas like the eyes. Obviously black powder revolvers (or even percussion cap pistols), if available, are a much better option.

Strangely they make them the same caliber as 12 ga shells and you can load regular shotshells into them. Apparently it blows up the gun, but I think you *can* get the one shot off. I suppose you could pay up for a sturdy metal flare gun (and say it's because the quality is better) and maybe modify shells to have less power. You'd have to do a lot of careful experimentation and go through several flare guns before you can determine a safe load with confidence though.

But you're missing the point in any case. Obtaining the weapon is not the issue. You can buy one illegally, or manufacture one. But unless you intend to live as a fugitive, you cannot use an illegal weapon in self defense. There's no way to hide it from the ensuing police investigation. And that's assuming you even have a right to self defense at all. In europe it sounds like the court might very well not recognize that right even if you defend yourself with nothing but your own body. In Germany I believe the court unironically expects you to run away or surrender when attacked (at least if you're white).

Hi batfag.

Attached: 1529519937529.jpg (590x767, 126.98K)

Attached: cement.jpg (550x392, 28.05K)

Attached: coon kebab.jpg (876x720, 212.93K)