I hate organized religion but i love God :-)

Attached: images (57).jpeg (450x320, 42.92K)

Is how that's statement translates to me.

fixed

It's like saying, "I love civilization but I hate the rule of law."

New Age-ism seems like the ultimate "feel good" religion. No real moral obligations, god is incredibly vague and non-threatening, lazy support for left-liberalism, no real concrete beliefs to defend, focus on pleasure and happiness for oneself etc.

"I'm spiritual but not religious"

That translates as "I don't have the guts to go to a church and make friends, but I'll rationalize how much of an incel I am with high sounding words."

Attached: CANNABIS_AND_MOSES_WIDE.jpg (904x500, 89.71K)

Attached: 75907074c0bd89180042.jpg (424x516, 47.25K)

Attached: mel bless.jpg (810x540, 37.5K)

Idk it seems pretty clear from corinthians 7 that celibacy is the preferable option . Verse 9 even seems like celibacy should be the defult and marriage is only given for us who cannot control lust

That's exactly how it is, although married people always get pissed at it, and the culture is basically set on marriage. Self-control is actually extremely easy, I have a feeling most people don't even try.

No, it's not. It's a stupidly misinterpreted verse, like much of 1 Corinthians that has caused much heartache over practical theology through church history.

this is why prots need help reading the bible

Attached: DOBF0dCV4AAbts4.jpg (1200x675, 64.86K)

1 Corinthians 7 basically says if you can't control your dick, get married so you don't commit fornication, but if you can control your dick, you basically have the ability to give both mind and body to God. Whereas married people have a hard time balancing the troubles of this world with duty to God, because managing a healthy family life concerns so many of the things of this world.

Additionally, in case someone use the verse "be fruitful and multiply" as to exclusively mean have sex, then I would refer them to the promise God made to Abraham when he promised that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars through faith in Jesus Christ. Similarly a Priest/Nun can spiritually adopt many people as if they were their own. It's quite beautiful really.

It's Atheism with an insurance policy

Please name your denomination and then cite your sources.

Just gonna leave this here.

(dude WEED lmao)

Attached: Let-my-people-grow-marijuana.jpg (400x400, 164.83K)

Sounds like a great way to get a population of low-IQ mongrols

(checked)
Seriously, leave celibacy to the monks and catholic preists. Us in the laity need to be getting married and multiplying, least the mooselimbs take over by over population.

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 36.36K)

People have a bad experience with the Roman Pedophilic Cabal, so they reject Christianity outright. Makes me sad every time.

ylyl thread? i lost

most of secular society are reacting to fundamentalist/evangelical american strawmen, nice try pastor jim

Most secular society is sinister anyway. Of course they would have a problem with the fundementals and not the pedophiles and sodomites in the Churchâ„¢, nice try Jorge Bergoglio
no evangelicals dont count as fundementalists

Attached: Pope Francis doesn't want to convert people.jpg (1202x618, 249.22K)

Attached: He's_right_you_know.jpg (800x598, 71.79K)

Attached: 10552640_627547410697449_9099151200216587159_n.jpg (551x622, 76.91K)

Honestly speaking, Prosperity Gospel promoters like Osteen are just an extension of this.

Attached: 95707.jpg (314x475, 60.35K)

Hes a clear wolf in sheep's clothing for christianity.

It's basically the religion of Baby Boomers

Ironically a New Ager lead me closer to Christ

That guy seems sincere, but he says that making terribly sounding Christian music is just as much of a sin as making satanic music, which is one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard.

"There are those who believe you can have a personal, direct, immediate relationship with Jesus Christ, outside of the communion and mediation of the church. These temptations are dangerous and harmful. They are, in the words of the great Pope Paul VI, "absurd dichotomies"."
- pope Francis

Pope's contradictory in his statements. Reminds me this vid.

More like

Attached: yb6gyce1mqq01.jpg (971x565, 141.16K)

Attached: 0mfay069y0x01.png (842x792, 82.23K)

not even worth a .jpg