Get rid of all your weapons, sheep :^)

Get rid of all your weapons, sheep :^)

ignore luke 22:36

Attached: Db9hsJJW4AYWF_b.jpg (492x265, 19.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Pontifex/status/990553785415200773
rollingstone.com/culture/news/pope-francis-encourages-youth-to-keep-shouting-after-protest-w518355
papalencyclicals.net/ben14/b14exquo.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mfw it's real

Attached: e3c742470372e61263f2074e0798af6188a5c848a6c5f56942b727858ed457c3.gif (267x219, 1.05M)

I seem to remember us having banned murder and thievery too a long time ago. None of that really seemed to stick.

APOPSTOLICS YES!

Attached: 3ab.png (512x341, 300.18K)

How to compromise your church for the modernist crowd, the twitter post.

Awwww so tolerant!

You know, the only logical conclusion is to just ban war.

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 22.92K)

LUKE 22:36
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I don't recall that being how the crusades went.

Attached: neighbor.png (512x384, 13.13K)

That's a poor shoop, OP.

Is he going to clean out the swiss guard armory or does he believe leaders should only have access to weapons? Will Catholic Answers find someone to say that's not what he really meant?
Look at his twitter

I'm guessing he just means firearms here, because pretty much everything can be a "weapon". even a bible

twitter.com/Pontifex/status/990553785415200773

As a Catholic, this is really disheartening.

Attached: wakemeup.jpg (600x330, 20.79K)

Maybe him being the last pope is actually a good thing.

Attached: 12345.png (500x469, 208.86K)

The saddest thing is atheist/jewish SJWs are throwing this on everyone's faces like pic related.

Attached: smuggie refugees.jpeg (908x539, 71.39K)

The man has a well known sense of humor. This is called "sarcasm", kids. I strongly suggest you learn how to recognize it or the outside world is going to destroy you.

This kind of infantile sophistry is the reason people become atheists. One would almost suspect the Pope of wanting people to abandon Christianity out of disgust.

Attached: 1523868767137.gif (454x450, 85K)

Luke 22
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Do you have proof that it's sarcasm

Got anything to back that up with?

what the winnie the pooh are you doing

Attached: robotpriest.jpg (570x311, 30.24K)

I don't have any weapons anyway tbh

So you mean to say, he's merely pretending to be retarded?

Attached: baitTapestry.jpg (651x1600, 111.86K)

He has a well known sense of humor. You'd see it if you knew him better instead of just cherry picking and misinterpreting things based on your own personal agenda.

Every stupid tweet he makes is one less he can make. The clock's ticking.

I hope you're right.

Attached: 848.jpg (800x640, 70.14K)

Yeah I was waiting for that.

Proverbs 26:18-19

Attached: arrows.jpg (960x720, 119.88K)

Google all the anti-gun rhetoric the Pope has said in the past. He even came out to support David "we want to ban all the guns" Hogg after the Parkland shooting.

This twitter post is not sarcasm
unless…
unless the entire papcy was just one big prank, bro

Some sauce:
rollingstone.com/culture/news/pope-francis-encourages-youth-to-keep-shouting-after-protest-w518355

Attached: Adolf-Hitler-Gun-Control.jpg (670x409, 43.52K)

You're either an Olympic Gold Medalist in mental gymnastics, or a MASTER troll.

If the Pope means what he says, he would immediately disband the Pontifical Swiss Guard just as Pope Paul VI disbanded the Palatine Guard in 1970. It's clearly sarcasm.

APOPSTOLICS YES!

It's like the politicians that want to ban guns but have armed gaurds.

brb gonna go but more weapons, got my eye on an M1 Carbine

Attached: 1520352718429.jpg (675x1024, 86.03K)

So the Pope supporting David " ban all the guns" Hogg was also just a prank?

was the pope telling all the workers in the defense industry that they weren't Christians, was that just a prank too?

Was the pope pranking Us in pic related?

What's the second Vatican Council just a prank aswell?

How are Christians supposed to take the papacy seriously if they keeps pranking people?

Attached: 150209155619-04-pope-quote-0209-super-169.jpg (1100x619, 116.28K)

I find this completely plausible in a specific scenario I just thought up

Attached: 11.jpg (852x480, 25.84K)

Attached: 2018_04_29_073909.png (656x531, 348.68K)

It's just a prank dude, cool your beans.

Nah, it's like that time he passive-aggressively criticized the Trump border wall from his throne behind the walls of the Vatican.

Attached: image-1-1267275.jpg (750x422, 45.98K)

Your beans seem to still be very hot, coolem' doen a bit

That tweet is so absurd, there's got to be a deeper meaning to it. It's not a call for gun control (which I imagine the pope would endorse), but primarily targeted at state militaries and rebel groups ("fear of war").

Lol, i'd be mad if my Supreme Leader was caught pandering to modernists too.

Attached: its-okay-to-feel-mad.jpg (336x352, 21.81K)

St. Paul does describe the word of God as a sword.

Somebody send this to His Holiness.

Attached: 1525003462400.jpg (841x768, 155.4K)

Sure thing, "Mr Pope"

Attached: thegoyimwillcome.mp4 (1920x1080, 3.4M)

kike-stick

Every catholic commentator I know is progun, almost everyone at my parish is somewhat progun, most of the priests I know are progun

Does the Pope wake up one day and think "winnie the pooh it, today Im going to piss off 90% of my church lol"

The britbongs in the comment section are completely insane. It's almost like they're mad that the son lived.

I don't even understand why people are posting about this. Seems to me like a general feelgood statement, like "Total world peace is a good thing!"
He isn't saying that personal firearms should be banned in North America. He is saying that all weapons ever should be banned on the whole world.

Attached: Big_Shrug.gif (448x252, 1.99M)

yes, because he's making a twitter post, not something ex cathedra. when a baptist shill spergs about it, who cares, but you know better

Nah, I just think he's a bit naive about those things.
Like when he said the Pater Noster should be changed. By now he should have realized that he isn't well liked by the more traditional Christians. And what's the worst thing you can do to make traditionals hate you more? Even if you just want to change some translations, in a way that makes perfect sense. That's right, go on the internet and post: "Hey guys, let's change something old and well known!"

Attached: The_Golden_Calf.jpg (437x500, 85.03K)

I'm so glad I'm orthodox and a big bishop saying stupid shit doesn't represent our entire faith

How do you not see that that is even worse? The first requires national tyranny, the second requires global tyranny. Maybe you see it as too pie in the sky to worry about but he is helping to normalize this for the agenda-setters.

How the winnie the pooh have I never read this verse before?

This needs to go on memes immediately.

the true Church of Christ precedes an American constitutional argument by about 1,750 years, he's not obligated to care

where do you get off putting American constitutional issues in the Bible, nutjob?

No one brought up the constitution. You seriously see no problem in governments sending armed men to round up all of the privately owned weapons in the world (that's what would be required to 'ban' them, the language he used)? And the fact that he says that this should be done to remove 'fear of war', when it is governments that wage the wars in the first place? So the only people still armed would be the ones who are starting the wars that the disarmament was ostensibly intended to stop.

are you seriously implying the pope meant this? he's the head of the church, he's not alex jones, he's not even american! he doesn't give two shits about you having a gun or not

Except for the part where he said guns should be banned.

Didn't know the Vatican did press releases on here.

PETRUS ROMANUS

why not ban all weapons? you're a sola scriptura sperg, where does scripture not allow one to have this opinion?

it's scary how simple-minded and naive he is, it's the mentality of a child, or a very progressive liberal who went to college.

Attached: ojzvdbcjq4wuvyo6gbj7.jpg (800x450, 40.22K)

Actually, from someone who finds Pope Francis uncomfortably modernist, he is actually being smart here.

He is taking the most cynical and snarky position he could on the issue and mocking the naivety of the anti-gun staff.

If they believe banning weapons causes peace, then why not ban all weapons and have instantly world peace?

Francis is on to some smart persuasion here. Because he appeals to progressives feels feels on a routine basis you think he is dumb, but he isn't, he is extremely sharp, but has to do some pacing with his new naive progressive audience.

mute donkey

IT'S JUST A PRANK, BRO

Attached: Screenshot_20180430-082418.jpg (768x1024, 387.16K)

APOSTOLICS YES!

Attached: golden-calf-idol.jpg (265x300, 24.73K)

Source ?

WHAT A PRANKSTER!
THE POPE SURE GOT US GOOD

Attached: c2sYn.jpg (620x320, 53.31K)

What else could 'ban all weapons' possibly mean, other than that he wants all weapons banned? Of course that was what he meant.

What sort of argument do you think you have?

He doesn't even watch TV since 1990, dudes. C'mon. Do you guys think he is like Donald Trump? If so this would be the ABSOLUTE STATE of the Murican mind.

Attached: 1469561790279.jpg (544x550, 500.74K)

The levels of denial on display ITT are unreal.

Attached: 2018_04_30_075805.png (400x398, 221.72K)

Just like in the OT, people put their trust in the temple elders instead of God and look where it brought them.

Those temple elders, pranking those Canaanites into thinking we worship their golden calfs. What a bunch of pranksters xD

How many heretical progressives is the pope going to attract into Catholicism with this one tweet?

I feel bad for you Catholics, you guys keep trying to kick out/convert all the progressives yet this guy is going to add 10 more for every one you kick out or convert. Things look rather bleak.

John Paul II was just joking there dude. He didn't speak ex catheadra before kissing it so it doesn't count

I am aware, pranksters have sat on the papal throne before.

Attached: 29d4qe.jpg (250x330, 33.18K)

We need to return to the pentarchy.

t. catholic

WHAT A PRANKSTER

61. The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law were abrogated by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel.
papalencyclicals.net/ben14/b14exquo.htm

Attached: 2018_04_30_084851.png (640x441, 377.04K)

So, all his dumb statements are now sarcasm? wew

ULTIMATE PRANKINATION WEW

Attached: Damned Protestants.png (698x426 874.84 KB, 325.99K)

Come home, bros.

t. ordodogs

I look with respect to your Church, but I’m not giving up just because of a few men and their failures as Christians. Thank you anyway.

Attached: 659EEF25-78A8-4FEA-A4A1-3379E92E4B96.png (513x661, 80.37K)

IT'S

JUST

Attached: 03c.jpg (509x510, 36.78K)

A

PRANK

bro

Is this why all DIY "christians" all have the same theology and behave exactly like one another and never disagree on anything?

Filtered.

he's not the winnie the pooh pope. why do people keep saying this?
they picked a pope and that guy is still alive. he was a nazi sympathizer and was a member of hitlers youth. and they replaced him with a (((jesuit)))

Huh … I started a meme. Impressive.