I'm translating my own Bible version

I'm translating my own Bible version.

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 53.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 3&version=HWP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you know ancient Hebrew and Greek?

Seeing that you made this thread, it's probably going to be shit(USER WAS WARNED FOR BREAKING RULE 2)

go pooh the winnie yourself, loser

this(USER WAS WARNED FOR BREAKING RULE 2)

Why bother when we already have many great ones

Attached: image.jpg (259x384, 22.54K)

Yes. Mostly Greek but also a good amount of Hebrew.

Great way to treat your fellow brother in Christ. Very charitable of you.

Since I'm much better with Greek though I'm just going to translate from the Septuagint for Old Testament.

What do you intend to do in your translation that's different from the others?

YES. YES. YES.

When you make it, please translate from the Septuagint. Need more of those. Tbh, just master Greek and use only the Septuagint. Correct the Noah story 14 years thing tho'

Attached: yesyesyes.png (407x292, 7.94K)

Yeah, I am going to use the Septuagint. I will reverences some of the Hebrew when needed if necessary but I plan to just use Septuagint mainly.

Make it a literal translation without relying too much on interpretation but use precise and common language that any English speaker can understand.

That's a hideous translation.

The Bible was written in English in 1611….. Or are you going to translate it into another language that you know you mean?

Please translate to emojis or ebonics

Attached: Pidgin.png (1366x647, 95.75K)

Woah Nelly what a shocker

Attached: 23feb244a4539694e5af854c5472aab2dd2a70d63d96f2d268f0b3d346114578.jpg (600x528, 41.94K)

Ebonics Bible already exists,

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 3&version=HWP

Keep it charitable.

Let us know how it goes! :D

"The Message" is used as a meme around here and should be avoided.

Pidgin is not Ebonics.

Attached: Jizas_di_Buk_We_Luuk.jpg (300x179, 20.45K)

Not op, but I hate translating old languages into English when there is no direct translation due to English's lack of certain words.
From the Vulgate:
Genesis 6:12

there has been a bit of drive-by shit talking recently. atheists and muslims with nothing better to do

OP here, anyone want to see a sample chapter I translated? It's really just a draft and I haven't fully edited it yet but I can paste it for you to read. It's John 16.

At this point you can fu᠎ck right off and take your shitty thread with you

Enjoy your ban. I'll pray for you.

Post it please.

OP again, ok.

1. This I have spoken to you that you don't stumble.
2. They will exclude you from the synagogues; and a season comes that all who kill you believe they are offering worship to God.
3. And this they will do because they don't know the Father nor me.
4. But this I have spoken to you that when their season comes you should remember these things that I spoke to you. And I have not told you this from the beginning, because I was with you.
5. But now I go to the one who sent me, and no one from you questions me, 'Where are you going?'
6. But because I have spoken this to you sorrow has filled your heart.
7. But I speak the truth to you, it is expedient to you that I should go away. For if I don't go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I should depart, I shall send him to you.
8. And he is coming to convict the world concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment;
9. truly concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
10. and concerning righteousness, because to the Father I go and no longer do you see me;
11. and concerning judgment, because God has judged the ruler of this world.
12. There's still much I have to say to you, but you are not able to bear it now;
13. But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you in all truth; for he will not speak from himself, but he will speak what he hears, and he will tell you what is coming.
14. He will honor me, because he will receive a message from me and tell you.
15. All that the Father has is also mine; by this I have said that the Spirit receives from me and he makes known to you.
16. A little while and not much longer will you see me, and again a little while and you will see me."
17. Therefore from his disciples they said to one another, "Who is this who says to us, 'A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me' And, 'That I go to the Father'?"
18. Therefore they said, "Who is this who said, 'A little while'? We don't understand what he speaks."
19. Jesus knew that they were intending to question him, and he said to them, "About this you seek with one another because I said, 'A little while and you will not see me', and again, 'A little while and you will see me'?
20. Amen, amen, I say to you that you will mourn and you will lament, but the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will become joy.
21. When a woman should give forth she has pain, since her hour came; but when she shall bring forth a young child, no more does she remember the distress by the joy that she birthed a person into the world.
22. And you therefore truly now have sorrow; but again I will see you, and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
23. And in that day you will ask me nothing. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you should ask the Father in my name he will give to you.
24. Until now you've asked nothing in my name; ask and you will receive, in order that your joy may be full.
25. I have spoken to you in figure of speech; a time comes when I no longer will speak to you in figure of speech but I shall proclaim plainly about the Father to you.
26. In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will question the Father on behalf of you.
27. For the Father himself loves you, that you have loved me and you have believed that I have come forth from God.
28. I have come from the Father and have come into the world; again I am going away from the world and I go to the Father."
29. The disciples said to him, "See, now you speak openly, and you say nothing in figure of speech.
30. Now we know that you know everything and have no need that someone question you; in this we believe that you have come from God."
31. Jesus answered them, "Now do you believe?
32. Behold the time comes and has come that you flee into each one’s own place, but also should leave me alone; but I am not alone, because my Father is with me.
33. This I have said to you that in me you should have peace; in the world you have oppression, but take courage, I have overcome the world."

This is retarded. If you want to help contribute to translating the Bible, please go to uni and study, then apply to whatever your denominations bible translation comittee is, then have your input. Don't make up your own unqualified translation and add to them many erronous translations out there

(checked)
That is great OP, keep it up.

Attached: hold-my-hand.jpg (720x573, 535.4K)

Cool
Less jüden more frogs please and thanks

(( (bible) ))

This is how retarded you sound

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 72.5K)

Bump

Sheeeeeit

I assume it's more of a personal thing to understand the bible better, obviously we already have a perfect bible in the authorized version

I read that "Yes Yes Yes" in the fake Nicolas Cage voice from the college humor video about him making crappy movies…

Good LORD, was it written by the skaven? what is that?

Attached: Internally screaming.jpg (474x266, 17.86K)

Ditto, I've started up after reading into modern translations and becoming slightly disheartened after reviewing things, and wanting to learn koine greek…

What docs are you using for NT?
I'm doing

Attached: f5c480f58350ba6268df79169af5560a6fa666fb341448e206a07ad384ac7bdf.jpg (510x510, 28.86K)

I want to make a compile a version based on the ASV and Brenton's Septuagint with a few edits here and there.

Yesterday I was comparing a portion of NT throughout various translations and according to my judgement the best translations without English archaisms are the RSV and the ESV both being very similar. On the other hand the NRSV, NIV, and the NAB perform less satisfactorily in rendering the original text accurately.

Add it to the pile, I guess

If you're going to put this much work in it, why not try to do it perfectly? There are bound to be differences between the original Hebrew and the first translation. I bet you could make a (near) perfect translation if you used both the original Hebrew and the Septuagint.

Also, what name will you give your translation?

Where did you learn Greek and Hebrew? How long did it take you to get a decent command of either of them?

Attached: 06943c658ddc144f5d234699747d2c002e0dde77c793964fba017a3c7d51ea3e.png (760x587, 359.82K)