So is this heretical or not? My buddy was talking about this at work...

rethinkinghell.com/explore/
So is this heretical or not? My buddy was talking about this at work. Its basically about how the people who go to hell will eventually be destroyed and that the soul is not actually immortal.

Attached: Hell7.jpg (640x426, 147.09K)

Calvinists!

I dont follow.

Revelations 14:11

It's at least an extreme example of heterodoxy if not flat out heresy.

Stop bearing false witness.

Yes, its heresy and absolute garbage. Is your friend 7 day *dventist, or, God forgive me for using this word, a Jehovah's w*tness?

He's a sort of wishy washy baptist. He goes the whole metaphor route with genesis as well.

From the website
Whats there to say about this?

Considering the crazy shit that goes on in cy+3, that is literally going to happen at some point.

Revelation 16:3

Attached: spiritual-blindness.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)

When you say metaphor, do you actually mean metaphor or do you mean allegory? I've seen the terms mixed a lot so I thought I'd ask.

H E R E S Y

I have a creeping suspicion that whoever wrote this also thinks that Genesis is just an allegory.

Hah. Missed this when I posted .

Don't Christian Scientists belief something similar as well?

*believe

I've noticed people only insist on the Bible being symbolic when it makes them uncomfortable.
Hey, if eternal suffering is just metaphorical, that why not Heaven too? Maybe He was just kidding every time he used the word "eternal".

I'm a Catholic physicist and soul annihilationism is utterly heretical

Basically this. As much as id like to believe that because i know i would be very comfortable with it,its not true.

Metaphor im pretty sure.

The answer to your question lies in whether or not it's written in the Bible that non-believers will receive eternal life; to which the answer is no.

The soul is not immortal.
◄ Matthew 10:28 ►
Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

There is a second death awaiting unbelievers.
◄ Revelation 21:8 ►
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Are Sodom and Gomorrha still burning today?

Second death means separation/rebellion against God, not ann*hilation. Stop spreading heretical garbage.

It's inhabitants do, as it seems