Careers where you do God's work

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread for discussing jobs where you really do God's work of ministering to the needy, since there are a lot of recovering NEETs here. Maybe we could help inspire people looking for direction in life to do good work that will really make Abba proud.

Pretty much anything in healthcare like being a doctor, nurse, etc seems to be a job that "comes with a halo" to me (if approached with the right attitude and not done just for the money.) I also have immense respect for janitors, housekeepers, groundskeepers etc for doing important dirty jobs for very little pay. People who have been janitors for a long time often seem to have a "holy aura" to me.

Attached: d36e3c40821ea7b6633b1f667042ca59e9722fc1.png (1000x1333, 1.63M)

The nicest man I have ever met has been the janitor in my building. He truly seems to be a saint, smiling at everyone, despite the place being full of methheads, criminals, and sex offenders. He made me (a usually introverted and shy person) have natural small talk with him by his presence. Maybe he's an angel. If demons and Satan himself are in the universe, then why not also angels?

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Hebrews 13:2)

I'm planning to start writing prisoners soon, and I'm definitely gonna help out at the local Catholic Charities. Money is not really an issue, as Christ told us the Father will provide our basic needs, so that's fine. Can't wait

Also, give money when asked, Jesus commanded it

Also forgot, I just looked at the verses following, we all should be helping prisoners, sending them money to make their time easier, etc, because St. Paul tells us:

"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body." Also our Christian brethren across the world oppressed.

Being a janitor is one of the most lowly and humble positions you can have in our modern society. You won't have much in this world but it seems like a good path to become a Saint. Old man security guards and bus drivers also have this kind of aura to me.

Tell me, what does the current world truly need?
Even more miraculous treatment to diabetes and AIDS because people simply can't stop sinning or MORALS.
The modern world has everything in abundance but no morals at all.
That is what humanity needs the most. And now is when it most needs.

If AIDS is God's punishment on the sodomites, would it be a sin to cure AIDS?

In all honesty, what’s a good job for a Neet who has done nothing with his life and has no skills whatsoever and has failed school and who can’t maintain a conversation, also I’m not American so can’t just simply join the military, my country requires a Year 12 certificate and a clean mental history also they're not hiring white males at the moment, I want to do this for myself and because I know my parents are getting on with their years and I know they want to see me get a job and do better in my life but I’m so useless I don’t know who would want to hire me or where to start got any suggestions?

Attached: IMG_3269.JPG (540x540, 71.82K)

Overnight shift at a store like 7/11 when hardly anyone comes in, unarmed security guard, laundry room attendant in a hotel… With nothing on your resume you're only going to find menial positions like these with high turnover because the work will be unpleasant but some jobs like this are slightly more loner-friendly than others.

Join God's army and begome a monk

IT, seriously, a lot of the people I work with are/were NEETs at one point. Study for and get some CompTIA IT certifications (they're relatively cheap, education wise) and apply for an entry level. You might get stuck in a call center at first, but that will teach you all the social skills you need and force you to adapt. Then after 2 or so years you can get a cushy job making relatively decent money doing IT support for some company without too much social interaction.

You are not giving your full potential to God through your career.

I know a former NEET who did this who makes more money than anyone else I know now. And if you're doing tech support for a hospital you're also doing something good for the world.

It's something though. God likes it when you try to please Him in all things, and most people will spend most of their lives working.

The question is not "what is a job that sustains you spiritually" the question should be "Which jobs can I take where I don't do the devils work?".

Like say, a doctor who does abortions or a nurse who aids in abortions.

Attached: 1307713331783.jpg (1280x1440, 211.92K)

Medical and Dental school are like 200-400k in total so it's really not a good option for being an ascetic after the fact. There are options, however, the National Health Service Corps has a scholarship if you agree to practice in an underserved area after graduation (kind of difficult to get though) and the military has a full-ride scholarship for doctoral programs under the HPSP program. Indian Health Service has some stuff as well.

Dentistry is unironically a good option if you want to make a huge impact on people's health but don't want to be faced with delving into degeneracy by prescribing birth control, abortion, antidepressants, etc.

There is work to be done in almost every career field. It really matters how you apply yourself. For example, a web developer who is helping church websites setup a video streaming platform versus one who is working for a mainstream telecom or worse, a p*rn company.

whatever career you choose OP make sure it's not one where you have to check the catalogue

Thanks for sharing, was a huge blessing to read your post.
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ (Matthew 25:40)

Attached: 097b05fcb5ab952490e8faae63c594e6.jpg (603x574, 73.5K)

I'm an LPN. My entire schooling was done i a year and cost $5000. I stay home with my son part time and work there days a week and get $17000 a year. Additionally I am able to volunteer my time and use what I learned in an emergency. It is a rewarding career that has decent pay

professional animeclast

Learn several languages like Japanese, Russian, Italian, Eastern European languages, etc. Skip Mandarin Chinese (but do learn Cantonese). Interpretors and translators can bridge between two and you can also use social skills learned from that to later become missionary and make peace upon this earth.

Not that there's anything wrong with ministering to other prisoners.

I know it's not the conventional choice, but until The Return doesn't God's kingdom need fishers of….fish?
There's a section of the gospel where regular people start to question Jesus about what THEY can do to serve the kingdom in their own jobs. Things like be honest, refuse bribes, etc. The discourse ends with him telling the rich man to relinquish his possessions and give to the poor, then the camels and needles bit.
My point is that an ideal congregation includes a fully functional society along with it. Being a priestly people, each of us can be BOTH a worker and apostle. You just have to look at your life as more than just a profession. Focus on God, not Mammon.
To whit, during my affliction and true conversion, I attempted to apply for school with the aim of making enough money to fund good works. But I was spiritually repulsed by the way the faculty were approaching the ills of the world, and felt unvarnished predation from the counselor. It may be that I wasn't in a state to persist, but I decided to give my career over to God and let him lead me to where I *needed* to be, instead of what I wanted to do.
A year (and several humbling temp jobs) later, I'm happy as pigs in shit carrying for USPS. I make enough to live modestly, and the part time starting schedule allows me time to do the theological study I've never felt was a high priority.
Later this month, I am transferring to the office in my own city, and am ready to truly become a lamplight for my community. In the safety of the mail, and by ministering to those I encounter walking the street.

In short; I let my ambition go, and God made me a messenger and a messenger.

Attached: 03a93296-8bc5-4e5b-96ab-eed7d3d36017.jpg (1280x720, 169.51K)

Funny idea, but it would be pretty cool; if for no reason other than shitposting.

Attached: 43298ef6-dd40-4e1b-93a7-f84405505737.png (952x1494, 1.47M)

At least have the humbleness to keep your anime crap to the containment thread