How do I get past Biblical contradictions?

How do I get past Biblical contradictions?

Faith is hard. Reading the Old Testament has filled my mind with doubts, because I read of God doing things that seem contrary to His nature, as well as laying down laws that Jesus abolished. For example, one cannot eat pork in the Old Testament, but because Jesus said only what comes out can defile a man, therefore we are allowed to eat pork?

What about when Jesus said he wouldn't abolish the law, and how the Old Testament said that these Mosaic Laws would stand for all of time? Yet the vast, vast, majority of Christian congregations don't adhere to the Law at all, cherrypicking what they follow.

So I am either presented two options to believe. One being that the Bible is not entirely consistent, which leads me to question of human tampering, which leads me to question how much of it is consistent, or another, the Bible is consistent yet the people who follow it aren't, and if Mosaic Law still applies, they are all doomed for Hell.

What am I to believe? This is all too much to understand.

Attached: e0c931984747a0f386bf4d7b82ee2715118d21a8a1b371be2172df33a75fabb4.jpg (1750x1724, 637.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there are moral laws and there are ceremonial laws
that part was a ceremonial law intended to prepare Jews for the arrival of the messiah (and some economic and hygienic reasons for desert dwelling people). Jesus came, so they fulfilled their function. You don't keep a ticket after the ride is over.

There's ceremonial law and moral law. Ceremonial law is fulfilled by Christ's sacrifice. Moral law lasts until the end of time.
Modern Bibles are certainly tampered. When something sounds fishy to me I check the Vulgate and compare my interpretation to the first edition RVA. I'm through trusting what's put in front of my face. Babylonian rule has made lackadaisically receiving truth impossible even through well meaning family and friends who are likely deceived.

Join the Orthodox church. Apologetics has always been a race to the bottom. God is not to be understood with the intellect. The truth of scripture isn't a literal plain reading that anyone can just simply pick up the book (in their language of choice) and ascertain.

There are no contradictions in the Bible. Certainly not about the major dogmatic issues (i.e. not autism tier stuff about "how many many did David have, was it 300,000 men or 300,000 horsemen? Checkmate"!)
Christ didn't abolish the law, but He fulfilled. Remember also that He is the author of that Law, so it is His to do with as He pleases, it just so happens that in His infinite mercy and love for mankind He took it upon Himself to fulfill it.

contradictingbiblecontradictions.com/
Happy reading.

This very statement brings into question the theological issue between the seperation of God and Jesus.

How so? Since He is God it is fair to make this point, in just the same way you can make liberal Christians squirm when you remind them that He also levelled Sodom and Gomorrah and flooded the world.

There aren't any in KJV

In my opinion, you got it in the wrong order. You can literally watch the living "Law" with the life of Jesus. The problem I see is that many protestants put all the books of the bible at the same level of importance so is not suprising if you end in a mess. Is not a good idea if you try to read the bible like a normal book (I did the same mistake).

Care to name some that are bothering you? As there are no contradictions, atleast in the KJV Bible.
Yes, also see acts 10:10-15 and 1 timothy 4:3-5.
And He didn't.
Stop there, the "precepts" and "ordinances" of the old testament like in exodus 18:20, leviticus 18:4, and numbers 9:23 are hebrews 9:19
They are "precept" 's "according to the law" and are not the law themselves.

ignore protestant theology

ya that st.thomas aquinas guy was just a bad seed, no way can you use rationality to correlate truth with truth

As if Catholic theology is any better. You all worship Mary and pretend it's not idolatry because it's only asking her to PRAY FOR YOU, while simultaneously praying to her.

Join the Catholic Church. God didn't leave a Bible for it to be a free for all for anyone to interpret it. Jesus left us a Church, which is the pillar of all truth. That church produced the Bible, written for us, to be interpreted by us.

No we pray to her. And yeah the church fathers were heretics too right? I hope the church recognizes that protestants aren't even christians anymore. some meme larp religion at this point.

Yes, we have about 2,000 years of solid theology.

Let's test it right now; is Mary the Mother of God? And if She is, is it not proper to venerate Her as such? For in doing so, we acknowledge Christ is God…sorry, I kinda answered it for you.

Protestants still trip up with basic trinitarian concepts LOL

As long as the baptism is valid, they are our way-ward brothers. Correct them; but don't reject them.

I only get worked up when they insult Our Lady or our Church. How can one harm a man's wife and still be friends with the husband?

He unironically was. The kind of doctrine that has come out of the Catholic church has amounted to prime fedora fuel.

No. She is mother to Jesus, the Son of God.

Please pull up the quotes from the Bible saying to worship God and God alone and get back to me. Do you think Peter worshiped Mary?

OK, so you deny Christ is God. What's the word for this heresy? Sabatellianism? monisdism? someone help me out

we do not worship Mary

Name me some doctrine that is "prime fedora fuel" unless you believe Christ can walk on water, multiple fish and turn water into wine, but did not (or cannot) consecrate bread and wine into His Flesh and Blood.

Yes Mary is the Mother of God. To say otherwise is idiocy. Jesus is fully God and Mary is his Mother. She is the Mother of God, but not the Mother of God the Father, or the Mother of God the Holy Spirit. She is the Mother of God the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.

She is also Queen of Heaven and Queen of the Universe.

Sancta Maria, Ora Pro Nobis!

Prots need to be driven out, they are less consistent than even, dare I say, Muslims

Exodus 20:1 - 20:3
"2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

Acts 10:25–26

"25 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I too am a man.”

Revelation 4:11

"11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

Nehemiah 9:6

"6 Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee."

Revelation 15:4

"4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest."

Tread softly mate. You obviously lack the common sense to understand the way the Trinity works, although Jesus is God, he is though the Son of God, he is different from the Father and the Holy Ghost.

To say that Mary is the Mother of God is to hold the idea that she is both the mother of Jesus and the mother of the Father, who are the same yet different. Do not accuse me of heresy when you do not even understand the words you were taught.

I am convinced that modern Catholics lack knowledge in the Bible itself, as they instead hold to the traditions of the Popes and their Idolizers much like the Pharisees. Yet blatantly ignoring God's many, many condemnations of Idolatry.

basically any time the Catholic church presumed to speak on the nature of God The Father. Anselm single-handedly created the very personification of God that atheists use to attack Christianity. Not to mention he created the doctrine of atonement that paved the way for Protestantism. Eliminating the notion of mystery was a mistake.

Correct them, don't reject them.

And where did I contradict the core concept of the Trinity, you liar?

Do not bear false witness, liar.

I can't tell if you're a genuine protestant or a D&C poster.

and how did the Catholic Church eliminate the notion of mystery? do you know even know what the term "the sacred mysteries" mean?

you do know this is still a core concept of Catholicism, right?

The only mystery the Catholic church hasn't attacked with ruthless intellectualization is this double-speak on the pope's divinity.

You are beyond stupid. I just clarified to you. Jesus is FULLY GOD, not PARTIALLY GOD, unless you are worse heretic than you already are. Mary is the mother of Jesus, so she is the Mother of God, not part of God.

You should just jump the shark and begome gnostic.

even wikipedia can get this right, you don't have any excuse for your lies or ignorance

If Mary is the Mother of God you therefore believe she is mother to both the Father and the Son which places her above both. You attempted to trap me with my words as a pharisee did, saying that I denied Christ as God, yet I did not, I denied Mary as the Mother of God. If you do not understand this you do not understand the Trinity.

Who is lying? Stop with your ridiculous accusations you Pharisee.

Read THE BIBLE. It IS the word of God. The Pope is a human. Stop venerating him.

You are the Divide and Conquer shill now. You claim I should renounce my faith (ignoring God's penalties for driving away one who loves Him). Because I reject the notion that Mary is to be prayed to above God Himself. You pray the Rosary and worship her yet ignore God himself.

1 Timothy 2:5
"5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

Are you going to ignore this Bible verse as well? Is it not divinely inspired? Does it not mean what I think it means? What's the answer my friend?

Stop praying the Rosary and start praying to Jesus Christ, your Lord and Savior, amen.

I don't have any excuse for my lies wherever they might appear but I certainly have an excuse for my ignorance because, well I'm human and cannot go around pridefully thinking I able know everything. There are certainly more mysteries than those.

wut

no, you tried to play a game of semantics and tripped up on your own argument, bozo

wut

LOL, ok you're a muslim aren't you?

hey, as long as you accept you were wrong in your accusation, I forgive you.

(you)

Attached: meme gif 2.gif (234x159, 314.5K)

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

And the sad part is that they relegate Scripture to a lower authority and don't even regard it as having the authority of God's word. Instead they place more authority on their own fallible doctrine of men, like in this case the chalcedonian definition is given the predominant authority. That is really the base of this issue, and the implications of the chalcedonian definition which denies the eternal pre-existence of Jesus Christ. They really do have a different Jesus because of this.

Shame on you for even suggesting this.

Why do people take the same verses and recycle them over and over for different scriptural arguments. I doubt you people even read the Bible.

no u
Also, what's there to misinterpret about Luke 4:4?

It is nice to see that some decent Christians still exist. The state of this board has become worse and worse.

Nothing but Matthew 5:18 or Revelation 22:18 would be more relevant.

That is not a contradiction. Read it again.

I don't wholeheartedly know how to answer this question OP, but I know Jesus fulfilled the law. Some laws were for Israel and other laws were for all men; such as the ten commandments.

He came into the world through Mary. Jesus is God, but he existed before her.

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Christ was not dead before Mary. Are you implying that Mary begat God? If not, then please explain to me why you pray to Mary despite judgement day having not come about yet for those who have slept?

Did Mary give birth to Jesus Christ, true man and true God?

Yes or no. You keep introducing conditionals that have no bearing on the theological conception of the immaculate conception. We're not saying Jesus did not exist before Mary, we're saying She gave birth to Christ, the true man and true God, the promised Messiah.

So, yes or no?

You've blinded your own eyes. Which came first, the Church of Christ, or the Scriptures? What Church is it that Scripture speaks of?

Scripture is a foundation, just as much as Tradition (teaching of the Apostles) and the Magisterium (the living Church that makes infallible pronouncements upon faith and morals).

It was the Magisterium and Tradition that produced to you the codified Scriptures in the first place, why do you turn your eyes away?

And then you let Luther decide what books weren't kosher, because some 16th century Jews said they weren't!

So you wouldn't regard the idea of a self-justifying being as a mystery? You wouldn't regard free will as a mystery?

May I remind you that this Church existed 1600 years ago and did not practice any of the blatant heresies and vain rituals found today. May I also remind you that this was before the split between the Orthodox and Catholic churches. May I also remind you that this was called Chalcedonian Christianity.

The Modern Catholic church has next to nothing to do with the church you speak of. Your "Pope" is an apostate for goodness sake.

Ugh, ok, what "heresies and vain rituals"?

dunno, but I'm part of the Church St. Ignatius of Antioch refers to as "Catholic", which should be the Church Christ founded. that's enough for me, dunno for you.

OK, then if the Catholic Church is not the true Church, then Christ lied and this whole Christianity thing is a farce. What Church do you offer up as the true Church? The Russian ethnic Church? The Far-East Church nobody knows about? Surely, it must be that church.

I only get upset when people relegate the words of God and try to eclipse themselves as being above these things.

Psalm 138 says "thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." But you are running around here telling people not to hear but just to listen to you instead. Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition is what you're doing. And highly esteeming your self. And that's what upsets me.

"Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way." Psalm 119

Christ didn't lie, arrogant church elders did.

Read the Church Fathers, St. John Chrysostom especially.

You've got it right here. Just about every thread on this board I see someone arguing in favor of something that is an explicit violation of Divine Law. Atheism and idolatry run rampant, and an entire generation of alleged Christians practically squirm at the thought of the true responsibility being handed to them. The most common form this takes is their vicious commitment to spiritual apathy that they try to dress up as tolerance.

Listen to me? Listen to the Apostles, listen to the Church that Christ left us for our salvation. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing if you would lead anyone away from their salvation.

The birth of Jesus through Mary is liturgical, it is atemporal. Every time the nativity is celebrated Mary is giving birth to Jesus. It is through her that God entered the world. She is the door: through her God entered the world and through her we shall enter God's kingdom.

But protestants deny this; they lack liturgy. All of the sacred is reduced to mere moralism.

I don't know where you are getting that. The Lord Jesus Christ told us in John 10 that he is the door. No one comes to the Father but by him. What is this new supposed gospel you've brought here? Why are you intentionally profaning God's word?