/Hell General/

ITT: We post harrowing depictions of Hell and remind ourselves why we really don't want to end up in it

No wishy washy "Hell is just soul annihilation stuff"

I mean the greatest torment a human couldn't even imagine having done to them amped up to infinity on an eternal loop

Videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=vO8tg1pD-3I
youtube.com/watch?v=95DpcudTlMc
youtube.com/watch?v=dWXkBBIaiVc

Story:

Had a friend who tripped on LSD (Before he converted) and told me about feeling like he was permanently stuck in hell where he was impaled by multiple ice strands at once and couldn't move with his blood boiling inside of him and a demonic presence moving around the sky and atmosphere mocking his entire life and being

I don't condone the use of any drugs obviously, they're Satanic, but I certainly think it was a sign for him to change his ways

Attached: hell 5.jpg (4500x2500 1.48 MB, 3.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fz8Gz25TQDc
youtu.be/p5QwP6QW3C0
youtu.be/l01no4HXSPE
youtu.be/HKGyiwuLw90
divinemercysunday.com/vision.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always find the Renaissance paintings of Hell to be the scariest. Modern versions don't do anything for me.

Revelation 14
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

youtu.be/fz8Gz25TQDc
youtu.be/p5QwP6QW3C0
youtu.be/l01no4HXSPE
youtu.be/HKGyiwuLw90

Attached: 80F9D204-10B4-4C6B-AE95-A45B1928BC35.png (732x469, 338.05K)

Attached: 1525352900067.jpg (1280x960, 140.33K)

If anyone struggles with lust and is trying to succeed in nofap, just remember the images of this thread. That ought to kill any boner

Attached: images (7).jpg (322x156, 11.42K)

So is heck really a big oven where you get sticked with pitchforks, or is it "just" separation from God? Because I've heard both things said by people here.

Attached: 9df234bc64fc3bed7b2126353c4c33e625d265da6270b579a4fa79b18eaedac9.jpg (500x500, 24.96K)

We are always in the presence of God, especially when he's punishing us for eternity.

Attached: 1521995584315.jpg (1280x720, 158.68K)

Attached: images (9)

Attached: California_12328.png (3000x3000, 741.32K)

divinemercysunday.com/vision.htm

Is this a prank?
Are you actually afraid of hell?

Hell doesn't sound like a very nice place to live.

You don't live in hell, though.
You're dead.
You won't have a body. Won't have nerves.
A human shape itself is wishful thinking.

Waoh bro, thats way too scary. You should NSFL that.

What is the resurrection of the dead?

(checked)
Resurrected where? In hell?

This thread is final nail in the coffin of the quality of this board, reducing it to a facebook tier.
[-]

"Just" separation from God means you wont be protected from your worst fears anymore. Hell is entirely subjective because good is not.

Why are you posting videos from false prophets?

Attached: 1520897903794.png (1440x1557, 738.14K)

Well that's what happens when losers keep promoting it to everyone on cuckchan.

This whole thread is remiss since to conceive of hell is to engage in a form of evil. One has to imagine the ultimate outcome of having an absolute hatred of God. Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. If it were the completion of wisdom then even demons would be saved. The one who loves God no longer has reason to fear hell. This is one of the great difficulties of becoming a true Christian but lets not fool ourselves into trying to attain salvation by putting the fires of hell at our heels.

of course it isn't; otherwise, Christ, who is true man and true God sinned by warning us of the eternal fire.

telling the truth is charitable

What? I thought Hell was about being abandoned by God, not being tortured by him. I thought, in a sense, your torture is the natural result of the fact that he has abandoned you. So basically, any slight deviation from unending, absolute, maximum suffering is an act of God's will.

Warning people about hell isn't the same as keeping it in mind for ourselves as some sort of perverse motivation.

How can it be perverse? Is it not true? It's the fear of God.

More accurately its not being able to see God objectively. Those in hell are still in the presence of God but they are blind to God as he truly is, and because they only have suspicion, fear and hatred of God that is all they experience.

Attached: last_judgment.jpg (800x433, 150.63K)

As I said, we should not fear God to the last. Demons fear God. Fear of the Lord is not enough but its a damn sight better than total apathy.

That man’s face, posted to a thread for pictures of hell …

Naw. It takes a lot of cough and nails to hold the lid down. Slowly driven in one by one. The pounding has been going on for a while.

Yes, very appropriate since he preaches doctrines of demons like discouraging those who are most in need from repentance.

Awwe! Apple iPhone voice recognition. Never by Apple. “Cough and.” Use your imagination.

Resurrection on earth, then sent back to Hell if you're damned. Makes the suffering worse having a body.

Again, you're wrong. We should fear God, it's regarded as a godly virtue in Scripture, Tradition, and by anyone with a brain.

Having a brain has nothing to do with it. The intellect is the essence of evil as it is the source of all pride.

Of course you should fear going to Hell.

It is not about him abandoning you. It is all about you abandoning him.

It's original sin, unless you're telling us that we won't have an intellect in Heaven.

I know some Christians in this board and outside don't believe in a literal Hell, but I really don't care for them because they'll eventually face up to the truth on whatever side they end up on.

Can anybody recommend early Church Father writings on Hell? I feel this is an important subject for true Christians to discuss. You can't help with a sinking pit in your stomach anytime you have a close friend or relative that you know is unrepentant and Hell-bound. I was depressed for about a week straight when I read testimonies of Hell and was convicted in my heart that Hell is indeed a real place and is extremely terrifying.

True Christians will never jestingly tell others to go to Hell, because those who walk in the Spirit know how terrible it is. I think for many of us, instead of living in a false reality, we need to face the true reality that not many people are going to Heaven but many will end up in Sheol, whether it be the Outer Darkness or some level of Hell. I believe Hell is the dividing line between Christians that are on fire for the LORD waging spiritual warfare over the lukewarm Christians who are causing so much division and passive-aggressive animosity on this board, because at the end of the day, they don't really fear the LORD and they conveniently ignore the realities of Hell because it helps them to continue in their sin without any realization that they're one step closer towards the fiery pit.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13.63K)

Yes, the intellect is original sin. Since good is the will of God and evil is that which is not, then the knowledge of good and evil encompasses all knowledge. No, we will not have an intellect in heaven and if we wish to, we ought to worry about that.

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.r ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Good lord that is THE most retarded post that I gave ever seen in my life

I guess you didn't read the rest of the thread then. Somebody made a post that said God is especially present in hell. That's wrong demonstrably for a multitude of reasons.

Give me a break, I consider every post that assumes that heaven or hell are places to be retarded.
But "intelligence is result of fall" is a whole new level. Well, not really though, that's what fedoras, luciferians and (God forgive me for uttering this word) gn*stics say. Priests try to remove this stereotypes from common folk Taht man gained intelligence after the fall, and yet I see exact this post here, on this board. It's simply… Bad.

Now you're the one who is being dumb.

Fedoras use every argument to fight against Christianity. They say that even if we follow genesis story, God was a control freak that didn't want men to acquire intelligence and to be a retard. This is actually type of people I had to deal with.

And I'm saying yes, the fall gave us intelligence but where has that gotten us? Look at what technology has produced, the most unnatural, dystopian, neurotic world possible. If you value the intellect then you are prideful, plain and simple.

And absolutely nobody cares what you say. Church disagrees with you and it's ones like you that primarily cause these stereotypical idiocy to be spread. If you've read even the minimum of John of Damascus for example, you could easily avoid such errors. And "le technology is bad" is another idiotic stereotypes. You can use a chainsaw to cut trees to build homes for the poor or use it to slice people in half in gruesome ways. Technology isnt bad. Bad people use it in bad ways and sadly schlack is always more visible in general. Or if you want to zealously continue this retarded theory, then dump your electronics and go build some anarcho primitivist utopia.

I see.
Why not get teleported to heaven then when one accepts Christ and everything?
Those who believe and accept Christ ARE saved, after all.

And one might say, sure, but we gotta wait until a natural death or something but resurrection is the opposite of death.
Plus, it's not like humans can completely make the earth safe and truly good, or anything.

But I guess that's just one of those brainlet questions.

intellect is not will

the Church theologians differentiated mind, body, and soul

Christ, I've got to work harder on converting my family.

Attached: 874.jpeg (240x193, 10.18K)

I don't say intellect is will but it is the will that isn't guided by the Holy Spirit.

I'm torn whenever I bring up the issue of Hell, and I've become a lot more sympathetic as to why people dismiss Hell, but that does not change the reality of Hell.

I think the reality is too overwhelming for most people in this world to comprehend and accept. I think deep inside, everybody thinks that either they will come to get to know this guy called the Christ later down the road, or they'll just RIP and lay in peace. Increasingly, some are putting their hope in Man's technology and freezing their bodies. Regardless, I think we can point back to The Epistle of Paul to the Romans where the Truth of the Gospel is readily made known to everyone but they all choose to reject God.

On the other hand, you've got Christians who have this cartoonish picture of Hell without fully understanding how terrifying and horrifying Hell is. So they go on life sticking their chest out, but not fully submitting to God and hating their fellow brothers and sisters. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Some Christians even go as far as to dismiss Hell, and it's almost become a focal point of obsession for them and they become extremely dogmatic and irritable whenever you try to convince them through Scripture and testimonies of the Holy Spirit, that Hell is a reality. I'm sure it's not entirely their fault, because why does anybody in their right mind want to discuss Hell? It's not a very convenient topic and raises many thorny issues, that may or may not affect them in a deep personal level.

At the end of the day, we all have to understand that God's Ways are higher than our ways, just as high as the heavens are above the Earth. We are promised that Heaven is a place where there are no more tears, and no more pain. We can place our eternal hope in Jesus Christ.

Attached: cross2.jpg (1920x1080, 51.1K)

so if you take your argument to its conclusion, then Pharaoh's heart/will was not hardened, he was possessed by God to act as he did, thus rendering him with no culpability for deciding to chase after the Jews…

the blessed Mother did not comply with the Holy Spirit, She was possessed with indifference in regards to her will…

and the angels themselves are not mind + will as the Church Doctors argue, but merely mind controlled by the Holy Spirit.

…you're wrong.

And lets not forget those who actually wish hellfire on various types of "reprobates". They are in especially grave danger.

umm, no. Either you fully surrender to God or you do evil. There's no extra will to play with. Even I have reluctance to fully surrender to God but I do not legitimize the reluctance and I struggle with it and combat it.

yes, fully surrender your will to God. we're called to obedience by example (the ultimate example) of Christ.

Okay, so what is the argument?

the differentiation of intellect and will.

you said:

oh, I can't read today :)

The souls of the saints are in Heaven. They too are awaiting reunification with their bodies.

Can someone explain exactly how Hell not being a place is supposed to work in tandem with the resurrection?

I'm just framing the fundamental issue in a potentially edifying way. Something I should mention is that I'm bringing you this from being on the other side of the issue. Not even a year ago I was researching the occult and whatnot. Luckily I discovered Orthodoxy and true mysticism along with it; the reverence for sacred mysteries. But I can tell you in full confidence what most characterizes the mystery schools, Kaballah. Masons or any number of these orders is a ceaseless, neurotic intellectual prying at these mysteries. At one point I finally settled on calling myself a neoplatonist (not particularly spooky all things considered) and figured I was engaging in a rather innocuous form of philosophical inquiry. But even here, while I was trying to imagine the essence of a self-justifying being I was given over to despair because I realized I could not reason the terms on which I would continue to justify my own existence, meanwhile any such being (and thereby God himself) was appearing as an incomprehensible monstrosity (even remembering the incident feels dangerous). This despair ended only when I thought of Christ and at that moment I decided to covert to Orthodoxy. At any rate this is how I came to recognize the intellect as supremely evil.

Although don't get me wrong. Its not as if I go around trying to be an idiot but I recognize the enemy at the gate for what it is now. Actually I am going to school for pure mathematics, partly because I promised this to my family beforehand but I also think it will help to distract my mind from contemplating the mysteries and I can also marvel at the intricacy of God's creation.

Read St Isaac the Syrian.
Also, using your """"argument"""", when Paul says that sodomites are burning with passion, they're literally burning.

Is it possible for humans to see God objectively? Does it become possible once we enter Heaven? I thought some things were mysteries regarding God.

Can I get a summary or at least a citation?

ooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooo
Look at those multiple scare quotes. I'm dealing with one sassy hot tamale here! Watch out, boys, we've got a nassssty one here.

I made no argument, nor tried to. I posed a question.

I simply don't understand how one can believe in the doctrine of bodily resurrection yet reject the existence of Hell as a place, and so I asked for an explanation that reconciles the two ideas, and you refused my request. You didn't answer my question.

That would be absurd literalism. It's a commonplace expression and an obvious use of metaphorical language. You know what isn't an obvious use of metaphorical language? The bodily resurrection. Hell.

I'm asking you to explain to me how the resurrection is literal and Hell is metaphorical. You're assuming that it's equally as obvious to me that Hell is metaphorical as Paul's description of lust is. That assumption is wrong. You need to walk me through how you reached the conclusion that Hell is merely state of being while maintaining belief in a literal bodily resurrection. You can toss off however many other metaphors in the Bible as you want, but I want you to explain this particular one to me, please.

t. materialist who thinks he's profound

1)Tl:Dr: Isaac of Syria says that fire that torments the damned is love of God. In orthodoxy, it is explained with this example: Light and warmth of sun hardens clay and melts wax. Similarly, God infinetly loves everyone and both saints and damned are present to His love, however saints rejoice, while damned despise it and desire to flee from it. Best book about it is "river of fire" by Alexandria kalomiros. There was also a web link to works of St Isaac of Syria, but I'm currently on the phone and hence cant post the links for now
2&3) then maybe you should monitored your tone and way you post. Because your post resembled more of ridiculing the position, rather than genuinely asking a question. And my argument is valid. It can be (and is most likely) a metaphors. even the most literalists church fathers, said that this wasn't literal fire, but something special that only God knew. And don't forget that we are talking about apocalypse of John that is extremely cryptic. This is the reason why it is never read during the liturgy.

I hate autocorrections

What do you mean by "but not eternity eternity, I mean, come on…"?
What does this mean? Is it stated in the Bible that those that go to Hell don't actually go to hell forever? I mean, I believe I'm aware that at the end of each cycle, the inhabitants of Hell are temporarily released as Judgement Day has come again and Jesus must war with Satan once more however once that's over, those that went to Heaven get to have a second, physical life on the new Earth and all of the demons (both the demons from past cycles and the ones made in this one) have to be thrown back into Hell until Judgement Day comes once more.

Hey, I just realised something odd:
I always thought Hell was a place where God is absent. So basically, God is omnipresent except for Hell. Hell is where you go when you abandon God and the demons happily await their next torture victim/meal.
Now, reading through this thread, some people seem to be saying that God actively tortures you in Hell. I thought it was demons that torture you in Hell.
Also, let's suppose all human beings got saved. Would Hell just have demons then? Demons go to Hell too but do they even suffer there?

Do you know what Hebrew word for hell is used in Psalm 139:8?

שְּׁאוֹל - Sh'ol

Absolutely wrong. God is even there, as it is written in psalms.
this is just disney tier.
No one supposes this. Its you that does this to yourself, not God himself. You cant blame the sun if its light blinds you. God loves you and He will love you for all eternity but if you despise His love and Him and desire to flee, its your fault, not His.
No. You are tormented WITH them, if you want to go that route.
>Also, let's suppose all human beings got saved. Would Hell just have demons then?
I suppose that heaven and hell is state of soul depending on ones relation with God, so for me that this question is a bit absurd if judging from this position. But in general those who believe universal salvation have different opinions regarding the subject. Most say that its only regarding humans, because of Jesus (and Paul says that He took not nature of angels), some say that at the end demons also shall be saved but its a tiny minority amongst universalists……..aaaaaaaand there are annihilationists who say that there is no hell that damned and demons just get nuked out of existence. The latter is….a newer addition mainly connected to 7DA.
yes, remember the story about Jesus and the legion. demons BEGGED Him to not to send them to torment.

And regarding this:

Orthodox would say "sort of". Theres this thing called Essence-Energy distinction in Orthodoxy. You basically interact with God with His uncreated Energies (Grace). Catholics (Thomists at least) would say "Yes" regarding beatific vision.

None of that statement is relevant

Attached: ec949380380fd9f6f49dd2d5adb535feacd1eafb9b04a2d76909ddd2d01b3897.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Reported for gnosticism.

Its basically the exact opposite of gnostcism. A very deliberate anti-gnosticism if you will.

I can't make heads or tails of this post. Knowledge is the thing that caused the fall, intelligence is a separate thing. We might have gained the knowledge when as a species our brains grew enough to understand the knowledge, but removing knowledge or intelligence is impossible.

Intelligence isn't a virtue, and it can lead to vainglory, like Satan's rebellion which is why we keep on telling that story, even though it doesn't appear in the Bible.

You're trying to be glib to mask your theological ignorance
it's not working

youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30

Do not fear hell! The fear of the Lord is the fear that is treated with gentle mercy but the fear of hell that causes us to despair is the fear of succumbing to the adversary's accusations. Hell is the ultimate separation from God. He wants nothing to do with the place and if your mind is fixated there then you are obsessing over a place without his love and light. Fire and Brimstone preaching is one of the devils greatest tricks because he makes you think about how it is to hate God. Don't be deceived. It is of the Holy Spirit that I say this.

The fear of hell gives men over to bitter hatred but the fear of the Lord always delivers them to truth and peace.

How do I cultivate a fear of the Lord.

The best move is to not play and be terrified of God at all times.

Do you think God is blind? Do you think God isn't almighty? Do you believe the hearts of men are impenetrable and unknowable by God?

If Not to all, why do you not trust in God's Judgement, why do you think of Him as a big book of rules in the sky?

One of the worst threads I've seen on this board.