Hello, brothers

Hello, brothers.

A close friend is quite fond of spiritism, esoteric, eastern philosophy and this kind of stuff. I'm worried for his soul, how can I convince him to become a Christian?

Attached: 1475966269349.png (1220x890, 177.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/rosary/how-to-pray-the-rosary/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does he acknowledge the resurrection as true?
Asking because that's one of the main reasons I stepped over into the faith from esoteric beliefs.

Tell him the Bible is the Book of the Supernatural and he's missing out by not reading it.

Gnosticism collapses on itself like a house of cards if you point out the logical inconsistencies.

Tell him he needs to stop being mad at his dad.

tell him to stop browsing /asatru/

and Zig Forums

Laugh at him the next time he panics when a demon goes to him when he does drugs

I never asked him directly about resurrection, but he believes that the Bible is full of hidden messages and that Jesus was actually a spirit medium.

His parents are liberal uni professors who are apparently also into this kind of stuff.

Ask him if he's actually read the bible. Lots of esoteric bois just parrot what gnostics say all the time without any foundation for their belief.

This is wrong due to two verses. The first is 2 peter 1:20
And matthew 5:37
Jesus means what He says in God's word for His yea is His yea. The meaning is "very plain(ly)" deuteronomy 27:8. Do you think that the Bible has hidden messages? Maybe it is hid to those without eyes to see matthew 11:25
2 corinthians 4:3-4

My mother converted after she read a Case for Christ. After you discover that the resurrection is actually one of the best documented events in history, something the media and school never teaches us, it's a domino effect.
There's a movie now, I think.
It's probably brainlet tier but so is your friend.

City of God, by St. Augustine.

Augustine was an all-star pagan student for a good 30 years before he converted to Christianity, and frankly, OBLITERATED most of the pagan "philosophy" quite handedly.

There's also another issue where modern /fringe/ gnostics don't actually teach history, for instance: that most of early Christianity spent a lot of its time waging doctrinal war on gnostic heresiarchs.

I didn't even know until recently that St. John the Apostle argued with gnostics in his time.

Yep, you've got a live one, (or to be theologically proper, a dead one)

Attached: GreatHeresy.jpg (521x433, 33.26K)

Movie is good if you want to get an idea of Strobel's journey. Hard evidence stick to the book

yea same, when i saw the movie when i was still pretty new to this, i thought this doesn't tell me anything;but when i read the book, i saw his case laid out pretty well and the cases of the people he'd interviewed. Good book would recommend alongside mere Christianity.

Kill him. This way he will be forced to see God is not some karma bullshit.

And Paul also.

Can anyone explain that gnostic Spurdo meeme?

You ? You can't. The Holy Spirit can convert him - through you. Pray for insight for both, you and him, and pray that he might convert. Best thing to do that: The Rosary.

rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/rosary/how-to-pray-the-rosary/

This post is a disgusting promotion of apathy. The apostles weren't murdered for just praying in their homes.

What are the logical inconsistencies of gnosticism? I don't know much about gnosticism.

Did you even read what I wrote ? Great reading comprehension right there, mate. I'm not saying he shall not do anything. I'm saying he can't do it by himself, therefore he needs to pray FOR INSIGHT for himself as well as the person in question.

Are you/the churches both of you have experience with Prot? I was an esotericist for a while simply because it was intellectually stimulating as opposed to anti-intellectual prottie churches. Like some anons said before, Apostolic Christianity has not only regularly engaged and dismantled mystical doctrines such as gnosticism but illumines the actual substance of Christian theology. Remember that Christianity is the religion that many of these mystic traditions blatantly ape and rip off for credibility. The Desert Fathers are going to be much more fulfilling than pastor Stephen's "Jesus was a Jew!" if you catch my drift.

Attached: 11T08__25012.1332204645.1280.1280.jpg (544x800, 184.41K)