Sola fide

Can someone explain sola fide to me? Can you sin as much you want as long as you believe?

Attached: ladda ned (6).jpeg (389x129, 9.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X9fR1vSxNEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Whats the point of sins then?

Not much of a theologian, but this is what I think they mean. We are pretty much screwed from the get go without His sacrifice because we sinned, sin, and will sin and booked our ticket to the eternal BBQ pit (the catch is we are the BBQ) already. And only through His Grace and faith in Him we can be absolved. It is not a free pass to sin so to speak, because sin is inherently bad; but it is kind of like an acceptance that due to our fallen nature we have sinned, sin, and will sin.

On the other hand. Faith and work seems to be like this. If you have faith then you automatically work the good work because of your faith in Him you will do His biddings and carry out His will.

Correct me if I am dead wrong.

With Sola Fide they are more like guidelines

What is Cathodox view on sola fide?

From my understanding of the doctrines, you can hardly reach a state of sinlessness. In Luthers opinion you loose your salvation, if you loose your faith. And sins - even more so when willingly commited - depart you from the Lord. For Luther grace is something that happens once, at baptism, and after that you rely on your faith to God.
Roman-Catholic teaching is, that men ought to cooperate with Gods grace. If they dont, they loose salvation, because they cant in fact believe anymore. This is complicated with mortal and venial sins. Mortal sins seperating from Gods grace, venial sins "only" seperating from Gods will (that all men should be holy).
Dont know anything about Orthodox view though.

That it's the product of a false dichotomy between faith and works. Christians have performative duties which must be pursued to the best of our abilities for us to count ourselves among the faithful.

Sola fide is the belief that after accepting the grace of salvation in Christ, the only thing that makes a man just, or the only evidence of him having accepted Christ, is his faith and anything else is not evidence of salvation.

Note that faith alone only exists in one place in scripture: James 2 24 "a man is justified by works not by faith alone". Faith alone justification was invented by Luther because he couldn't stop gravely sinning and tried to remove James from the bible and had " alone" inserted into Paul's letters and when questioned on this responded "it is my will that shall be this way and my will is reason enough" thus elevating himself to the position of God as his will supersedes God's will in what was put in the sacred scripture.

Faith alone is a strange heresy designed to make people leave the sacramental life of the Church and thus cut them self off from God

Seems like a question for Google unless you were intentionally looking for cathodox strawmen.

Google is filled with to many complexed answers. The answers i gotten so far is written in a simple way that I can understand

Yes but it doesn't mean you should

Absolutely not
Because if you have faith you would believe that God has changed you. You believe in God enough you heed his commands to:

You believe in God enough to follow his Commandments. Anyone tells you that it's a free pass to sin is a darn liar and probably a sodomite sympathizer.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

If you love God. You will keep his temple (your body) pure so the Holy Spirit can reside in your heart. If you love your neighbors you would help save them and preach the Gospel to them. Being lazy and doing neither won't earn you brownie points with the Big G.

Attached: ezekielriver.jpg (484x279, 98.17K)

Attached: 54f84942a727e8b20d45231daad62506b0268867dfe380c58e59c8e632eb254b.webm (320x240, 225.41K)

I never said you shouldn't do works. I said you don't have to.

I don't know if you are a native speaker, but you meant lose, brother.

You are only saved by Christ's sacrifice on the cross and nothing that you do can ever add or take away from that. You are justified by faith alone, but if you are truly born again that means you are a new creature in Christ. You will grow in sanctification and strive to do what is pleasing in God's sight. That doesn't mean that you will always succeed, even a Christian still sins, but you will feel guilt and ask for His forgiveness, trying to be better.

this

"If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong [or sin boldly], but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner." - Martin Luther, 1521

tl;dr: Sin hard as winnie the pooh, dude, because it doesn't even matter haha just pray dude and sin as much as you can.

No, that's stupid, I believe in god and I think most of the Sins are Sins just because God does not likes something, therefore making it not normal.

You can sin without the wrath of God, but you won't

Sola fide on its own means complete faith and submission is the only thing that can save a human. A man who truly believes has his heart changed entirely, and in the fact he will never be good enough for salvation on his own, and that his reaching out to Jesus is the only thing that can save him.

Please, educate yourself before talking about things you know nothing about.

Learn what grace and justification are.

No, this would be works righteousness.

Posting a helpful excerpt from Bishop John Lightfoot Vol 6

Sola Fide as I understand it primary speaks to our Salvation.

Ironically some of the answers from the seemingly protestant side basically end you up back up at works salvation.

The key point I think is that the guilt of sin is removed as we begin "striving and praying" against doing it. This does not remove the fact that we stumble. If we stumble and fear for our salvation have we truly faith? If faith is supposedly predicated on our trust in Jesus Christ to save us then when WE FAIL how does that change anything about what Christ has done?

Of course this is not a "license to sin" as some would like to put it. We all strive against our old flesh to rip it apart from us, but the fact of the matter is that old flesh is still there. We will still fall but grace shines on us in that the trust we can have in Jesus' righteousness never changes.

How great it is to fall and find yourself wrapped in grace, and what else does it lead to but a deeper love for what Jesus has done?

To say otherwise I think destroys the Pauline distinction of New man fighting against the old man. But if you'd like to go on fearing if your good enough for the gospel then I don't think you really understand the Cross.

Attached: 2018-05-07--1525731065_999x622_scrot.png (999x622, 197.84K)

This

Good luck, friend.

Attached: a8791b95773d9e7defcef67ed5488425e7ea9855c837f51cdd21cf7e1ae8a8c5.jpg (401x373, 14.41K)

Having faith in what Jesus said is not the same as having faith in your own works or anything else. So it's more specific than just "faith." Your faith has to be on the blood and righteousness of the only begotten Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, as that's what he himself has said justifies before God. In order to have the one faith, you have to turn away from all other faiths, you have to forsake them. That's what it means by repent.

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Philippians 3:8-9
Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Remember also Romans 7:22—
For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

Man or Rabbit?
CS paints a good picture.

[ youtu.be/X9fR1vSxNEQ ]

You are known.
You are seen.
You are loved.
There is nothing to fear.

He's right, and your elitist and aloft response is the opposite of everything a Christian should be, humility is our central virtue.

I think you need to humble yourself.

If you're worried about supporting a luciferian monopoly, Microsoft isn't a far sight better than Jewgle.
That being said I do use Bing because I'm lazy and prefer the format, and it is a little better than Google

Abraham wasn't "wasn't considered right" before God. He was already counted as righteous but his faith in God was perfected by his deeds. It is DEMONSTRATIONS and DEEDS of faith that strengthen and perfect your faith. Same as how you BELIEVE that hitting the gym is salvation to the body but if you don't DEMONSTRATE and don't PRACTICE that belief it is nothing. You will be weak in body. Your faith without demonstrations and practice will be weakened in times of tribulation and confrontation. Look at the demons up above. They believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that faith in him saves. Yet why are they still counted as demons? Because their works are anti-Christ while believe IN Christ.

Winnie the pooh, there are some dumb sh~t questions.
Do you REALLY think Reform Christians TRULY believe that God has given up on purging sin from the earth? Well that's what your question is saying.

Apostolicbros, let's gets something straight … have you heard of this "grace" thing? Alright then.

Attached: fedoras-edgelords-we-troll-u-board-post-post-post-post-post.png (903x700, 77.27K)

If you're a child of God then you will be punished by God in this world for your sins. If you are not one with God but a child of the world, God will leave you alone, but when you die there's nobody there to take to you to heaven. You made your choice.