What is Christian Fiction?

Chairete, friends! I'm an Orthodox from Europe and I've just stumbled upon a "Christian Fiction" book club on Goodreads. Could some of you filthy heretics brothers/sisters in Christ from the US enlighten me on this particular genre? I've never ever heard of it. What is Christian fiction? Thanks in advance. Thanks in advance and Christ be with you.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-08 16:50:02.png (974x889, 577.54K)

Never read anymyself so dont take my word for it but it sounds like it is a fictional story that has overarching Christian themes.

Not really, no

Attached: 259fe7bfb4ff6f7e93618a9c0f66f033ed7598f1e0772651917926f92708ed46.jpg (225x225, 9.93K)

I'm guessing like CS Lewis? Of so, please read

How about you read the Catalog first?

So, it's just a normal fiction writing but without all that scenes of fornication, killings, and drugs?
I've heard of the similar concept. There was a diocese in Romania, if I recall things correctly, that mad something called 'Christian disco' for the young ones once a week. It turned out that a Christian disco is just a regular disco without twerking asses and without drugs being sold and Gypsy folk was not allowed in The bishop had to somehow make a deal with the local drug lord to make it happen.

Attached: 14859734927800.jpg (609x663, 52.1K)

APOSTOLICS YES!

IMO, I wouldn't bother as I'm sure some of those books will have some sort of modernist heresy shoved in their to appease the (((progressives))).

Attached: 5bf.jpg (480x318, 16.6K)

Correction on my part, after thinking about it I did read Pick related. Not necessarily Christian fiction, but it does have Christian elements in it.

Attached: download (13).jpg (175x287, 9.76K)

Attached: christian_literature.jpg (2560x2739, 2.62M)

The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis is a pretty good read, the entire thing is pretty much an allegory for stuff that happens in the Bible.

LOTR is also like that.

A lot of modern christian fiction is just bad literature with christian characters stapled on, same with burger christian films. People act as though they're immune to criticism as long as they're theologically sound and thus Christian culture stagnates, becoming a circlejerk and actively harming evangelism because people come to associate Christians with lousy books and movies.

Who puts these pics together. I would almost wager that whoever ranked the books beginner-advanced never read some of them.

Not only that but also ecumenism and progressivism is buried under the surface to associate it with Christianity. Subtle doctrine of modernism is present throughout C.S. Lewis and Tolkien. I do not recommend anyone reads it. They should spend some time to read the Bible for once. And not one of the subverted modern translations either, I'm talking the real KJB. The Authorized King James Bible, that actually calls out sodomites and Jews and many other false doctrine. It's time this (((Judaeao-christian))) subversion stops. It is finally time.

Good literature is that which is written as an exploration of a theme or idea, rather than simply following a prescribed story.
As such, Dostoevsky's works are the best example that come to mind, although C.S. Lewis is also commendable.
Most of the books that this particular group ( ) are looking at are probably not anything better than most modern fiction works, albeit less debauched.

Care to give any examples?

I'm pretty sure A Canticle for Leibowitz classifies as Christian sci-fi

Lewis wrote about how denominations are like doors and some are meant for some people and other doors are for other. It implies the truth is subjective and depends on each person to find for themselves and we should accept that. All about liberal tolerance instead of gospel and the word of God, which is real love. And its similar to the statements you hear about "following whatever light they have" given by people today regarding all religions being true. It is of the same character, so it softens you up for it. It flies in the face of the word given in Acts 4:12— "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Denominations often have cultural differences as well as theological differences (sometimes mainly cultural differences), and shoving everyone into one culture is not wise or Biblical. For example, there are people who fit in Dutch reformed churches very well usually Dutchmen and others who are better off in almost theologically identical Presbyterian churches.

Are there different truths? And should these be subjective to the person and we need to just accept that, what's true for one person is not true for another? Because that's what he taught. He taught that all possible denominations are just different doors under "the same tent" or the same roof and so one can deduce his belief that truth itself can be relative to individual persons. He didn't specify cultural differences, he specified all brands and denominations including cathodox, protestants, and who knows what could be interpreted as being included (he doesn't place limits). He himself was a Catholic. He was a champion of "judeo-christianity," the very thing which is killing our nation today, leading it down a wicked path, called progressive and liberal tolerance and in the process of being so virtuously tolerant utterly denying and disavowing and obscuring the objective truth of God's word all at the same time while proposing itself as something it's actually not: Biblical Christianity.

He changed later on.

Do you have any other things to say here?

I have never heard someone claim C. S. Lewis converted to Catholicism later in life. Are you certain you aren't confusing him with G. K. Chesterton?

As the standard bearer for 'check the catalog niqqa!!1' posts when justified I must say that in this instance it was wholly inappropriate (as in clearly OP is looking to discuss something different thing to what is in/the subject of that thread)

Fictional writings with Christian themes or written from a Christian view point. It's kind of vague as it refer to anything from Dante to Dostoevsky to Tolkien to the Left Behind novels. Here's a chart I made awhile back that contains some other examples, and the chart posted here has many more.

Attached: Christian Literature.jpg (1744x2071, 1.25M)

This post would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I pray for you.

No he didn't, what the heck a roonie are you talking about

Christ Clone trilogy. A really good epic that is heavily-based on the book of Revelation. Really movie worthy but the agents of iniquity in Hollywood would not allow that. A movie trilogy of this is essentially a giga-breadpill.

Attached: In_His_Image.jpg (264x400 23.6 KB, 28.99K)