Why do some of you hate the NRA? Just wanted to learn

Why do some of you hate the NRA? Just wanted to learn.

Attached: ntra.jpg (624x416, 48.9K)

Then go to the QTDDTOT faggot.

Ask on our subreddit
>>>/reddit/

Thats the wrong one, we are stationed at reddit.com/r/cuckolding
Head on over and ask them

Attached: 65.png (500x522, 65.63K)

Why do you want to know, OP?

Attached: 195444a98881afe90d35f653219464279f35bc0e5bd0411fd9d8f516fb1493b8.jpg (850x906, 142.39K)

Negotiate Rights Away is a fair-weather advocacy group. They'll take credit for "protecting your rights" when Feinstein's annual AWB bill fails to get through an R-controlled Senate, but whenever an actual threat to gun ownership rears its head, they either clam up or start shilling in its favor. Most recent example is how Wayne LaPierre supported the bumpstock ban, only making some minor quibbles about how it didn't grandfather old ones in. Before that, they did nothing to stop Obongo executive orders, did nothing to repeal the AWB, did nothing to stop George Sr/Clinton executive orders, did nothing to stop the AWB to begin with, supported the Hughes Amendment, did nothing to stop the GCA of 1968, and supported the creation of the NFA. It's basically a social club where normie republicans can counter-signal to each other, not a potent lobbyist organization. GOA and/or your local advocacy groups are whom you should trust. Seriously, use the QTDDTOTT next time you assmunching fag.

I found a neat NRA hat n wanna make sure (((they))) actually support gun owners before I wear it lol

I'd advise reading
The GOA and NAGR are much more gun-rights oriented groups. The NRA are fudds.

Moreso than being merely ineffectual, they are actively detrimental to the protection of the right to keep and bear arms in this country.
Just in recent memory, they've advocated for red flag laws, NICS expansion, 'assault weapon' bans, 'ghost gun' bans, 'universal background checks', and a whole bunch of other stuff I won't bother to mention. And if the "big bad evil gun lobby" wants it, then anyone speaking against it must be a radical extremist turboNazi, right? =^)

You know what really pisses me off about the NRA?
They actually "compromise" to the antigunners constantly.
They "compromise" on our rights, and what do they get? They get called baby killers.
The media and democratic party paint them as monsters, but they are just a bunch of fudds. But despite this, they are about as useful as a wet paper bag when it comes to actually securing our rights, because they fold whenever they feel like they might receive bad PR, then they end up with bad PR anyway because you can't win with these people. What credit did they get from the liberal media when they pushed the bumpstock ban? None.

The NRA is NOT a gun rights organization. They are a political lobbying organization. Politics is all about negotiation, and not about truth per se. Therefore, the NRA compromises on some very clear Constitutional issues that run counter to the Second Amendment. No argument from me on that.
They do one thing right though, and that is the NRA Foundation/Friends of the NRA. They funnel a lot of their money into the non-profit arm and do a fuckton of promoting and supporting local shooting sports/events, with the end result being that a LOT of women and young people are getting the opportunity to learn to shoot (and do so responsibly) who otherwise wouldn't. My whole trap team in high school exited because of grants from them, they basically paid for all our ammo, and because we got to practice more, we ended up kicking ass. I ended up going to college on a shooting scholarship, and competing nationally at the college level successfully as a result.
So while the NRA itself is pretty much a joke, the FNRA is not. Sadly, the way things are going the NRA is cutting its funding for the FNRA to pay for its ongoing lawsuits, meaning that the actual good things that they do is going to suffer greatly.

I'd also like to mention that NAGR has in the past outspent the NRA on actual lobbying and campaigning efforts while being significantly smaller in terms of membership.

I wonder how many members the NRA will hemorrhage when the ranges that require you to be a member to join start losing their events.

This guy gets it, the NRA was never about gun control issues, it was started as a civilian marksman program after the US Civil War. Its original purpose, and still its official main purpose, is to organize and regulate competition, shoot sports, promote shooting sports, promote marksmanship, build and help maintain ranges, standardize targets, standardize and record competitions, it was a society to help shooters. It wasn't founded to fight gun control in the 1870's, it was founded to help you shoot better.

Keep in mind gun control in the US wasn't a national problem until the 1930's, and even then it didn't make a comeback until the 1960's. When the NRA leadership proved to be spineless cowards, the members fought back and took control of the organization and used it to fight against gun control because it was the most powerful union of gun owners, but remember its fight against gun control was INCIDENTAL and this purpose is SECONDARY. The fact is, so many of you kids have been fooled by anti gun rhetoric already, you believe their lie that the NRA only exists for gun rights. Its like when capitalists and non communists begin to use retard communist definitions for things, don't do that. Don't become 1984.

In fact, gun control and the ILA is ruining the NRA. What was once a nice shooting organization is now a money hungry system that now uses the ILA as a means to drum up more cash for the fight against gun control, the NRA's main purpose is being eclipsed. Certainly the NRA should be fighting against gun control, and everyone should remain members of the NRA and start e-mailing, writing paper letters, making phone calls, putting heat on the NRA leadership to make sure they know to keep pushing. Vote in the elections, even fit hey don't matter. But also don't forget that the NRA isn't JUST the fucking ILA.

In that vein, don't join the walkout movement. We didnt' save the NRA decades ago by walking out, but by walking up to the leadership and elections and taking over. Do it again. If you are still a member, raise hell. Go to local meetings, say something. Don't let the handful of people at the top run the place, fight back from the inside. In some ways mass walk outs and disruption of the NRA, and its non gun control importance in the shooting world, will cause more harm then good.

That way we abandon the field to the enemy. When people pull out of Youtube we miss out on the biggest general media platform on the internet, we fail to reach and get the message to regular folks who don't subscribe to alt media providers, or the more hardcore gun culture. Stay on Youtube, continue to, even at a lower rate because of skullfuckery, regular people and non gun people.

Keep in mind, quitting Youtube and the NRA might just be letting the opposite side herd you into a slaughter pen. Join GOA, join NAGR, but don't give them ground by walking away.

Attached: NRAsupportsmandatorygunregistration.webm (1280x720 151.42 KB, 7.79M)

No, fuck you. Any harm that could come from getting rid of the NRA and replacing them with a more extremist position is negligible compared to the harm the NRA will do to guns themselves in the next decade or two, and no amount of "leadership change" will fix it before the damage is too late to recover from. Let the NRA get disbanded since there's other organizations to fill the power vacuum, and let sporting organizations take over the "good" parts of the NRA.

Attached: Liza.jpg (311x421, 41.91K)

What virtue is there in playing a game that is rigged against you? One would think that the only winning move is not to play.

You're a smart guy but you have some false conclusions in your post. It sucks that a shooting organization had to be consumed to create the massive lobbier we know, but it's hard to argue that legality is the most important thing. Shooting organizations can be started by anyone, and can be successful at any size. But political organizations with pull will only work past a hefty critical mass. Today the NRA has by far the biggest audience, which is invaluable from a political perspective. It's a shame this staggering strategic advantage is being squandered by corrupt leadership.

On the subject o Youtube, walk outs will absolutely will work. We really have to step up, even one guy moving makes a difference, but once a non trivial number of people move over the real fun begins. Knowledge of alternate platforms begins to spread by piggybacking on the word of mouth of content. People start asking, if this alternative is the same as Youtube, why not just use Youtube? What's wrong with it? Video hosts have no moat at all. You just click a link either way, it doesn't matter. The only difference is that on Youtube you get Youtube suggestions, but those are trash because Youtube is flooded with cash grab fake content. At this point word of mouth is what really drives discovery, and word of mouth is service agnostic.

I get that the professional content whores with millions of views will cynically stay where the money is biggest. But there's a lot of good content providers that either have too few views, or don't monetize on Youtube (or got demonetized) and instead use alternate channels like Patreon. For these people switching to alternatives is no cost at all. Note that monetization often leads to shit content, due to excessively gaming the system with things like filler to get past the 10 min mark. Non-monetized creators have an opportunity to build prestige in an alternate platform.

Are you literally retarded.

Attached: 19005c7682f70f0cba5cca5156e41d98bb9fdd8688e1b21cf66659a495466913.jpg (960x905, 82.9K)

This is how you kill a hobby you retard. The second it becomes full of women it collapses under cat fighting and bitching. Men turn on each other because some whore sucked both their dicks. People get sick of the white knighting when they turned up for the hobby not to pick up damaged women.

The only people who want women in their hobby are soy fueled faggots who think it would be cool to date a man with a vagina. IF women go any where near a range it should be going to the club house for lunch, no where near any fire arms. They should be wandering the local tourist attractions with the kids while you're shooting. Not standing next to you with a pink gun, yoga pants and a smug attitude. Women should learn to shoot as a defensive measure, not as a hobby you fucking queer.

Attached: 1511306524947.png (2404x1780, 2.85M)

>I found a neat NRA hat n wanna make sure (((they))) actually support gun owners before I wear it lol
Americans, ladies and gentlemen. Do you also have a maga hat too?

Attached: 29090212_192458601366899_7004523633171234816_n.jpg (1080x1080, 75.72K)

So the NRA annual convention is coming up in a couple months.
Think it'd be worth a day trip just to hang around outside the convention center and see what kind of shit there is to stir up?

This post is conservatives in a nutshell. You can only combat extremism with extremism.

I went to the 2011 one. Have to be a member to go in. So I paid the $20 for a year membership and walked around. It's like a poor man's shotshow. But I got some cool stickers and got to fingerfuck every gun I wanted to. Can't shoot, but it was worth giving the NRA $20 for the experience.

I should have been more clear, allow me to correct this.
As I have reservations against giving money to Negotiate Rights Away, I do not intend to actually attend the show. However, the convention center in Indianapolis typically lets people wander around the building freely, with attendee badges being required only to enter the vendor hall and the panels.

We all know the NRA are crypto-rightists and cuckservative boomers but what about Gun Owners of America.

not entirely true, first they tried to peacefully resolve the problem and when that failed, *then* they shot "them".

Click the link, it redirects you. Here, I'll be kind enough post it again for you: >>>/reddit/

GOA and their state level subdivision orgs are legitimate, full on "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" lobbyists and activists that are actively and consistently fighting for gun and knife rights.
They've been involved either directly or indirectly with cases like Heller, MacDonald and a number of pending AWB cases.
They're also perennial supporters of national reciprocity, constitutional carry anti-AWB litigation and NFA/GCA/Hughes repeal measures.

>>>/reddit/
I asked OP why he wanted to know to get a better idea of how it would be best to answer his question as you'd see if you read two posts down you fucking nigger.

All they do now is shill for the politician they like the most and they actually had an article about knife fighting being a good CQB tactic.

Their political bullshit is basically Zig Forums levels of shitposting IRL and they use too many memes like "the end is coming - give us more more money"

They used to be a good organization that existed to support and teach firearms handling and competitive sportsmanship and had some of the best firearms subject matter experts. Now they are little more than republican advertising and a pyramid scheme.

They even gave a speech where they said academic elites are the greatest internal threat to america!

Attached: 1500859664409.jpg (618x586, 109.94K)

What part of that is even wrong, though? College & university campuses are little more than communist indoctrination centers at this point.

They've been like that since the 80s. Shit, since the founding of student loans.

I am glad nobody dignified this with a response.

This user is based.
Our local FNRA has done more to support the 2nd Amendment by the programs it has funded over the last ten years than the NRA ever did by 100 years of lobbying. The kids in our public schools may not ever choose to use a gun, but they all receive a basic education every year in what to do (and more importantly what NOT to do) in the presence of a gun thanks to our local FNRA.
The NRA is not even TALKING about education programs in schools. They are too busy trying to wrangle their way into the insurance industry.

>They even gave a speech where they said (((academic elites))) are the greatest internal threat to america!

Attached: jewish_privelege_academic.jpg (586x386, 60.12K)

Spotted the whiteknight.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES