Guess What

Begome Gadolig or Orddodogs?
I'm serious

Attached: 36e4fd5aa59b7312d18c9e73b2a216b37364aea832d84006e3217c5e850503f7 (1)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/cathen/06073a.htm
bombaxo.com/blog/files/rule.pdf
rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/rosary/how-to-pray-the-rosary/
orthodoxjointcommission.wordpress.com/
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_11111994_assyrian-church_en.html
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm
saintdemetrios.com/our-faith/divorce
catholic.com/tract/birth-control.
youtube.com/user/jaydyer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oredogs. You'll thank me later. Welcome home, can.

Catholic

Catholic
Orthodox

Catholicism if you want to master the arts of doublethink, self-delusion, and awkward stuttering whenever people mention Pope Francis, and Orthodoxy if you want a saner but more LARPy choice.

Attached: three-mazes-redux.png (2157x768, 290.41K)

Protestantism if you want a church for you and your wife's son.

Yes, user. You are truly a next level theologian. I like how you seriously went in depth on the flaws of the Orthodox Church's theology and philosophy rather than a childish ad hominem. God Speed :)

So my kid?

You're asking the wrong question

Attached: 1496628153104.png (400x763, 238.92K)

its time to take the /orthodog/ pill, Zig Forums….

Attached: bd7faa404539951d21b36962f13d9cf72cc8f5b07e0caae020383149dd2e5c00.jpg (720x720, 45.86K)

Eastern Catholic

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x410, 594.49K)

newadvent.org/cathen/06073a.htm

Attached: Jellyfish.jpg (1024x768, 757.52K)

>Implying your wife's son is your kid

Attached: 1502147240832.jpg (885x996, 132.14K)

Nasrallah Sfeir to the right of Benedict. Based user.

Matthew 16;18: you are Peter and on this rock I will build this church, I give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven etc. Etc.

begome ordodogs

Attached: d1c3f0fcdf00d33ed722c29ea72ef6c51068e193b9c2afe736a6328954138718.gif (200x400, 7.75K)

Do you also know more about the US constitution than Thomas Jefferson?
There is a reason why it took a THOUSAND years for the papist church to appear.

There is no way the Orthodox church could be the One True Church. They have compromised on things such as the indissolubility of marriage and contraception.

What does this mean? That IVF is acceptable when you're an Orthodox Christian?

>for the papist church to appear
Yeah right and I'm sure Peter wasn't the first Pope that had authority over all other apostles and he had no duty from God Himself to build the Church. Not even the ortho'est of orthos are this ignorant.
Virtually all Church Fathers agree on the primacy of Peter. Stop accusing others of things you're doing yourself when it comes to "trying to be smarter than the Church Fathers". All these things have been rebuked times and times again, by laymen, by theologians, Eastern as well as Western clergymen, by literally anyone that is not interested in internet-shenanigans or worldly power. Or why do you think are half of the ortho churches in schism or coming schism with each other ? Russian patriarch against Bartholomew of Constantinople (who btw tries to work on mending the schism since his institution - at least in parts) over literally influence and power, Antioch against Jerusalem over territorial issues, the church of Macedonia is not even recognized by anyone so they are begging the Bulgarian church to become their "parent" church - for recognition, or the Ukrainian orthodox church (Moscow patriarchate) against the Ukrainian orthodox church of the Kyivan patriarchate that are fighting because of the whole Eastern-Ukraine thing with Russia where they set churches of the other "Church" on fire.
I don't want to slander the Eastern churches, because I truly believe the schism is mendable and I truly hope for that to happen as there are already a great number of Eastern Catholic churches that are btw sui juris. It's more like this is a tragedy and who really suffers under this are the people of God that can't go to any Catholic church (which the Eastern churches once were) and take the Sacraments there, because it is illicit when you have an actual Catholic church nearby and choose to go to a different, non-Catholic place. Because their Sacraments are valid but illicit due to schism.

Jokes on you, literally who cares about freemason trickery ? Nothing good has ever come from there.

The answer for you is that you need to make it out with your conscience. Without memes and cool argument videos - because if you go by that, you will pander on and on and in the end you won't make any decision - at least there's a chance to that. If you go by "it makes sense", then the objectively right decision is to become Catholic. If it's aesthetics and chants, then Catholicism is your place, too, as the Eastern Catholic churches have all what the EO's have, including theological approaches (obviously with one or the other correction here and there), Liturgy, chants, you name it - and they are not in schism.
Going by "legal standards", Catholicism is the objectively right choice, too. Because as mentioned, the ortho churches have compromised on things that are not compromisable because of "oiconomia" which is nothing else than the "flexible exegesis or application of canonical texts". Obviously we Catholics have our shenanigans, too, but there is no compromise on Dogma. There CANNOT be compromise on Dogma. Dogma is Dogma and that's it.

But again, you need to make a conscious decision. Visit Masses and Liturgies. Read the bible. If you want, read Church Fathers. Talk to priests. But most importantly: Pray for guidance.

To get a "taste", pray the Rosary as well as the Eastern rule of Theotokos (of Seraphim Sarov). Both are devotions to the Holy Mother, both are excellent and pretty similar but both also have "different flavors" so to speak.
Rule of Theotokos: bombaxo.com/blog/files/rule.pdf
Rosary: rosarycenter.org/homepage-2/rosary/how-to-pray-the-rosary/

Most important is that you receive the most holy Sacraments and glorify God in all things.

May God bless and guide you. Have a great day. Today is the day of the Lord's Ascension into Heaven.

There is no way the Catholic church could be the One True Church. They have been infested with homosexuals and pedophiles.

I see too many parallels between the Vatican and the Temple corrupted found in the book of Ezekiel.

does anyone take this seriously?

What happens when one spouse ignores the nuptial promises?

- Agreed statement between Oriental and Eastern Orthodox Theologians and Clergy
orthodoxjointcommission.wordpress.com/

COMMON CHRISTOLOGICAL DECLARATION BETWEEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCHAND THE ASSYRIAN CHURCH OF THE EAST:
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_11111994_assyrian-church_en.html

Catechism of Catholic Church on Filioque:
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm

Catholic.

Catholicism

Orthodoxy
saintdemetrios.com/our-faith/divorce

Learn about the history of the Church, especially the last few centuries before the Schism of 1054. Note that although they are less common than the Orthodox sources, you should read also Catholic sources, because there is a lot of very important, and indeed I would say decisive on the issue of which Church is the schismatic one, facts, circumstances and events that might not be given due attention in the Orthodox sources.

Attached: 1280px-Consistoire_Saint-Pierre-e1498941423673.jpg (1200x847, 184.42K)

Well, is there in God's eyes a difference between:

and

?

Riveting, please tell me more

Just go to whatever church is closest
I'm serious

This, even among the Apostles there was Judas.

Or perhaps an even better comparison would be ancient Israelite priests and High Priests. Sin was rampant among these people, but this wouldn't justify you in refusing to accept them as the legitimate priests.

But you're church is lead by a man. So man's fallibility is your defining characteristic.

Gadolig

Attached: e26.png (480x633, 424.87K)

Lead by men and guarded by the Son of Man, its success is guaranteed.

Attached: b718a5f03d2ec2eb3e4fbe3066cbcbf9d4281e491a5455557b7f8bd627758627.png (600x600, 144.17K)

Except its destroying itself from the inside out.

Yeah because that's never happened before has it

lutheran, basically no rules

Syriaball has durka durka written on the headband

I'd go Ortho, you can sail your Spanish armada through your straits of Gibraltar

Attached: 1520988819543.gif (347x244, 3.72M)

Note that Orthodox have a particularly twisted and hard and contradicting ascetic practice for laymen/laywomen. In fact, there are no guidelines or statute or universal rule of fasting in the Orthodox world for orthodox laymen, so we've got to fast like monastic folk following monastic statute. And it would be funny if not the fact that MORE THAN A HALF OF DAYS IN THE YEAR YOU CANNOT TOUCH YOUR WIFE AND CANNOT EAT YAMMY FOOD
Orthodox magistrate fully recognizes that problem and it should be the main question discussed during the pan-orthodox quasi-oecumenical council but since Greeks and Russians cannot come to terms over Ukraine and some other politics it is constantly being delayed.
So if you want to live good live choose Catholics where you can fast an hour before mass and problems weren't.

Attached: juici.jpg (751x500, 127.42K)

magisterium

Attached: WEllimaginemywifesson.jpg (1000x562, 71.24K)

BEGOME LUDERAN

Attached: 82d.png (299x288, 76.96K)

I'm not denying the primacy of Peter. He himself didn't see himself as supreme like a pope though.
It did took humanity a thousand years for someone seeing his alleged successor as such.
Don't lie to yourself that Peter wanted this.

Your nearest orthodox church will be very happy to receive you.

Orthodox Catholics can still have pet dogs for intimacy though
…can't they?

Attached: 1376974961038.png (1000x1000, 48.74K)

I didn't know that about the Orthodox, glad I didn't pick that one now when I was deliberating between Orthodox and Catholicism.

Attached: Norman-Rockwell-Freedom-from-Want-1943.jpg (784x1000, 181.33K)

Thoughts?

Huh? Sounds like a small concern, there seems to be a recognition that although in theory you're governed by monastic statute, in practice nyet.

Although at least so far as food goes, I'd be happy to forswear meat for half the year. It causes cancer, erectile dysfunction and obesity if overindulged, all of which = never touching your wife in the long term anyway

Also I'm currently recovering from a hangover, so monasticism seems more appealing than usual today

Could you give a brief summary of his argument for those of us pressed for time?

I think that issue is probably exaggerated, because even if that is their canon law (not Orthodox, so I don't know), I very much doubt the average layman follows it.

the fasting schedule isn't even mandatory for the most part

tl;dw
What's the num of the argument? Is he trashing Aquinas or saying that Rome has deviated from the faith Aquinas would know?

Raven told others that they're black…

Also, you are wrong, mandatory part is wendsdey and Friday, and there's no limited days in sex with your wife (asides from some special days such as week before Easter).

You can join a church that is specific to a place you may or may not be in, like Russian Orthodoxy, and not in communion with Rome, where Saint Peter went to live and die, and then pass down his seat in an unbroken succession.

Or you could also join Christ's church, which has an unbroken line all the way back to Saint Peter, who Christ gave the keys to.

As a third option you can make up stuff as you go along and celibrate some guy in a suit speaking out of his ass in an office building behind the auto parts store.

Attached: ImmaculateHeartofMary3.jpg (342x473, 67.46K)

Neither, let Jesus guide you

OP here what are your thoughts about the Churches of Christ (Not the ICOC)?

Attached: daecc5ce21c53b88ac8628c82bbb784abe4ffc2a820c92ea5297bb318159ec53.jpg (980x1040, 137.79K)

I guess that's a no, lmoa. They're quite good as a denomination compared to the rest of Protestant denominations, being completely honest. If not the best.

Attached: ebc1f9a5b73fa9b016453c09192885256dc1e844251fef390027a670246b7464.jpg (255x188, 15.1K)

Fast, pray and ask God for assistance.

Butthurt due to my questioning?

I'm pretty sure that most posters that complain about 4chan have just recently left that place. Haven't been there in 7 years, since 2011.

I remember that christfag (the Irish guy, a Lutheran I think) migrated from /r9k/ to 4chon. When /r9k/ wasn't a complete whinefest.

Attached: 10933810_963015750390226_4242988650101520073_n.jpg (320x320, 4.27K)

Protestants are still our brothers in Christ. They're not complete heathens. At least the conservative ones.

Mormons are already a quite different case, for example.

They don't love him because they don't keep his commandments. It'll be a cold day in hell before I call one brother.

You act like a Muslim, except that you won't bomb a Prottie church

I didn't feel like making my own thread, so i'd ask here. I've been wondering between the two, but i'm leaning on Catholicism. So what I really been wondering though, is what happens if you choose the wrong one? Is it possible if you pick either Orthodoxy or Catholicism, you could be damned?

This is if you convert without knowing of course, that the church is schismatic/the wrong choice.

Attached: freak.jpg (1180x828, 159.12K)

Come on now user.

Attached: mw84996.jpg (241x325, 37.8K)

Attached: 37a0ff3eff985c9d643c2401c418478863162941a181d81ef7495a97ded4cb12.jpg (374x767, 58.8K)

+1

The Roman Catholic church obviously, since it insisted on papal primacy which was neither in scripture nor tradition. The papist church wouldn't have dared make up these ridiculous claims had Jerusalem and Alexandria still been in Orthodox Christian hands. So papism is not only a heresy, but also a cowardly and opportunistic one, which makes it a 1000 times worse.

Become Western Rite Orthodox.

Why would anyone become Catholic? The pope pretty much comes right out and says they were wrong about everything for the last 2000 years, so why would they be right now?

And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

for about 2,000 years, yes.

The only people confused about the Seat of Rome seems to be anyone who hates it, and hates the authority Christ bestowed upon it.

Even St. Paul stepped in to correct his brother, St. Peter, this is not a condemnation of the papal seat, but rather an example of fraternal correction among the Church.

Schisms gonna schism

You wolf among sheep, do not pretend you belong to the flock.

It is indeed possible that you could be, and I would even say that you will be, damned if you choose to become Orthodox instead of Catholic. This is because you have access to the teachings of both churches, and through study you can know which is the True Church.

How then can you know which one is the True Church?

Let's approach this from the point of view of natural law. The natural law is written in the hearts of all men (Rom. 2:14-15). This means that, through the use of reason, any man can know which actions are intrinsically evil.

If one of the churches teaches that something intrinsically evil is not actually evil, you can deduce that this church is not actually the true one. I can think of one example of this, which is artificial contraception (the pill, condoms etc.)

The Orthodox Church teaches that artificial contraception is allowed under "oikonomia", meaning that a married couple can use it for "good reasons". As you probably know, the Catholic Church teaches that it is intrinsically immoral and can thus never be used.

Which church is right then? The one that teaches the Truth and hasn't caved to the sinful tendencies of man. I'd recommend you read this to understand the Catholic position on the matter catholic.com/tract/birth-control.

Now can I get someone who's orthodox to give me how they view this?

Attached: received_10155496306958882.jpeg (245x246, 9.31K)

And the Catholic Church has compromised on everything else as well

Us Orthodox say a Christian of any denomination is possibly saved but Orthodoxy is certainly the surest way to complete your spiritual journey and to work out your salvation. So if you find that doctrinal saber rattling convincing, go ahead and become Catholic but the Orthodox Church still loves you anyway.

Maybe the Pope should consider the same

Now you're just talking like a Baptist

Can you give one example?

The Pope just said there is no hell not a month ago. I don't even know how this kind of delusion is possible

Can you not see the difference?

Catholic
Orthodox

I think the Catholics have a better claim to universal dysfunction than the Orthodox do

how sad to see all these insults being flung at those who should be brethren in need of help.
Go Catholic, I'd say, since I'm one. Like others said, visit maybe a Catholic parish and then an Orthodox church, see where you sense the true sense of sacred; do not go where you feel better, because your feels are always wrong.

I get the vibe that the Catholics care more about the church than Jesus

The thing is, Jesus established a visible Church here on Earth, and by rejecting His Church you reject Him. If you choose to disobey Him in even one matter of faith, you are rejecting Him completely.

Attached: 752bc97d8c8bb7b8dcc3a6afb9633f14.jpg (951x735, 209.58K)

Source?
This guy seems to know what hes talking about

youtube.com/user/jaydyer

honestly have the same question.

I feel like i lean Orthodox except that i believe that the Sacred Heart and other devotions based on the wounds of Christ are valid forms of worship which i've been told is semi-nestorian

Begom Gadlig

Attached: jxlx3(2).png (442x341, 255.71K)

Yeah, and the Catholics seemed to throw it away for imperialism. Keep your "infallible" popes, I'll praise God the way it was intended.

That's not good enough. You have the obligation to search for the truth. Being content with something seeming like something is pure laziness.
You absolutely sure you aren't committing the sin of pride?

Don't trust your feelings, they can always lead you astray. This is an intellectual question. Anyone can study the history of the churches and see that the Catholic position is right.

I doubt any Christian can say he's absolutely sure he isn't committing the sin of pride but I don't think that has much to do with the Pope.