How do you find out what denomination is right for you...

How do you find out what denomination is right for you? I was raised by irreligious parents and was never exposed to any religion from a young age.

I'm in Central Appalachia so most churches near me are Old Regular Baptist and Pentecostal, where people scream and shout in tongues and I honestly think that sort of practice is illegitimate.

Attached: churchtree.png (771x300, 13.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxjointcommission.wordpress.com/
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_11111994_assyrian-church_en.html
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm
selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christiandenom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not how it works bucko

Attached: smug pope.jpg (235x300, 20.89K)

Everyone is going to claim their respective denomination is correct. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, how do I decide which one I should be following and what kind of church I should be going to?

Sorry for not making it more clear for you to understand.

If I were you, I would fully cement your beliefs in your heart, pray to God he reveals the truth to you, and than when you look for a Church, find one that WONT compromise the faith for political favor from the secular world.
Also BEGOME

Attached: jesus-came-to-john-the-baptist-richard-hubal.jpg (900x751, 185.83K)

There are many, many issues to consider but a big basic one could be choosing between Apostolic churches (Orthodox, Roman Catholic) or Protestant churches (Baptist, Lutheran, Calvinist, etc.). If you can narrow that down it would be pretty easy to start going to a few of those churches and getting a feel for what speaks to you.

I'm relatively new to the Bible, but I believe in God and accept Jesus.

I am a traditionalist, so maybe an Apostolic church would be better for me. I also generally dislike the singy/dancy aspect of Protestant church. My problem is, the vast hierarchies of these churches seem to be overly political. The Pope seems to be pushing an agenda beyond Christianity.

Thats all you need amigo, you sound more like a BABDIS but thats just my opinion.

If your only real problem with Christianity is politics you need to either accept the fallibility of men or look for an incorrect religion

He doesn't sound dumb enough to believe in ""baptist"" dogma

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

‘We have inherited from our fathers in Christ the one apostolic faith and tradition.’ - Agreed statement between Oriental and Eastern Orthodox Churches
orthodoxjointcommission.wordpress.com/

COMMON CHRISTOLOGICAL DECLARATION BETWEEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCHAND THE ASSYRIAN CHURCH OF THE EAST:
vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_councils/chrstuni/documents/rc_pc_chrstuni_doc_11111994_assyrian-church_en.html

Catechism of Catholic Church on Filioque:
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p2.htm

begome apbostolic ad gadolic!

No, he doesn't sound dumb enough to believe islime-tier lies about scripture or to rebel against the physical Church Jesus founded because of pride.

the denomination that has the longest, and most stable pedigree with the least amount of deviation from early christianity.

Attached: elder-porphyrios.jpg (683x711, 36.69K)

It's not a problem I have with Christianity. It just seems like the Pope is using his position to push political agendas on other countries that have nothing to do with religion.

Of the few times I went to church, one of them was Baptist and I didn't enjoy it or really agree with everything the pastor talked about. It was kind of annoying. Also maybe it's just a Central Appalachian thing, but the people were pretty rude.

Yes, because Jesus would want his "church" to compromise the faith for the BASED sodomites, or to be a political tool for the establishment.

Thats exactly what Jesus would have wanted.

Will members of the church find it strange that a non-Greek person wants to convert to their religion?

Bible

my church has russian, asian and british folks all mixed up. Everyone is very welcoming, the liturgy is done 60% in russian and 40% in english usually, it's very easy to follow along.

Are you talking about orthodogs? Because as far as I can tell no dogma has been compromised by the actual Church

As the saying goes, we get the popes we deserve. Refer to my earlier post.

Full disclosure I'm Ortho but I'll defend Catholicism here and say that they've had more than one bad pope and they always dust themselves off and move on. That being said if you decide to go Orthodox then you won't have a singular figure you have to defend/worry about. You should really find an Orthodox church and attend some services my friend.

BEGOME

Keep learning as much as you can every day and have a teachable spirit. The Holy Spirit will guide you.

Become Episcopalian. It has a little bit of everything in it, if you know what I mean… ;-)

At least you're a creative bunch

Your narcissism reeks of protestantism, go there.

I'm annoyed at the equal placement of orthodox devils with the one true church

For all Rome's faults…they're not currently in bed with a Russian Antichrist, and they at least own their city unlike the Greeks who were punished for their pride by being overrun and ruled by Turks

Rome is italian (secular state), not papal.

Honestly, this but also read about them somewhere that isn't here. Focus on how they practice their faith first and don't read too much about their history or politics.

Hey OP, your situation reminded me of Fr. Barnabas Powell. He came to Orthodoxy after a long journey in Southern Pentecostalism/Evangelicalism. Vid related.

They might, but in my experience they're more curious than anything, often they're delighted to have Non-Greeks in their congregation. I'm a convert myself and I've had several "Greeks" say to me that having me around reminds them of what they've inherited. Perhaps otherwise they may simply see the Church as an ethnic club instead of what it really is. But at any rate you shouldn't let it stop you from pursuing the Truth with all your heart.

God bless you on your journey, OP.

I'd really would recommend seeing which church has the longest running history, and what came out of which. For me personally that seems to have lead to orthodoxy, but what i would and any sane man would recommend is you research this yourself. Through readings, podcast, asking around. But mostly a lot, of, reading. But yea man same i live in western Pa, and it's a lot, of just prots, and low tier stuff that doesn't have any real basis, in theology, or any real historical connection, to , the original church.
pic unrelated.

Attached: Man on the moon.jpg (1920x1080, 601.32K)

Rome is Catholic, it is a Catholic city where Catholics live.

The same cannot be said for Constantinople.

Or Godless Moscow, whose people gave up on religion during the Purges.

Research OP, and more research. Don't trust people who say you need to accept their denomination without question, they rely on blind faith

Doesn't this guy live there?

Attached: Come out of her, my people.jpg (661x585, 85.83K)

What I did, read the Bible after being a fedora, read a lot of esoterism and it all conyed to Christ, watched sermons from random pastors, getting more and more conservative as I took the Bible to be complety true.
Turns out, Baptists are ones who take the Bible as 100% true (as do a lot of very conservatives catholics/orthdoxs, my catholic latino famly believes in 6 day creation as well).
Joined a reformed baptist church essentially, that doesn't compromise on truth of scripture, even acknowledges history and tradition to interpret scripture(nothing is of private interpation).
Take this test actually , but i recommended first priority to read the Bible for yourself and see what church actually follows it.
Avoid and LGBT friendly churches, no female pastors/priests, no commies, no liberalism (my church rejects all of these).
selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christiandenom

As for me, I read church fathers and recognize the claim of both sola scriptura and tradition. Gospel of Christ is simple and OSAS, although many denoms essentially take the saved part to be saying the same thing if you take a look deeper into thier doctrines.

Thats also just a prank bro

The question you should ask is how do I find the denomination that is right for God for there is only one faith, one Church. The answer is the Church founded by Christ himself on St Peter: the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. All other "churches" are abominations in which there is no salvation

APOSTOLICS YES!

Still lower incidences of child abuse than any other religious denominations including prots and atheists.

It just shows how much the world and satan hates God's church to try to destroy it within and without. Reminder that any fornication is automatic excommunication, loss of state of grace and justification and loss of being "catholic", so those who commit evil acts commit them in their own name not in the name of the Holy Body of Christ.

Nice Taqiya

That's only for Priests right? Otherwise I'm gonna need a citation on that fam, I find it hard to believe that my Priest has the authority to de-excommunicate me after confession.

Oh God, i just love that retarded catholic meme.

"Our child rape rates are within acceptable levels. Now move along, citizen"

Can you quote the canon you're referring to, please?

How captivating

*don't

Why doesn't the Church™ have better vetting processes instead of

Now it does.
Now it does.
It doesn't anymore.

Remember that the only thing that matters is Jesus. Pay no attention to G-d's chosen Holy LARPers.

Attached: 2ed1c097b95413bb8e3ab39c8c763a7a812fff2ecc08c96f3fdf054348928b17.jpg (481x499, 13.78K)

If you love Jesus, do what he says.