Confession

Good day, brothers.

After relapsing in NoFap, I finally decided to seek forgiveness for my sins through confession.

Problem is, I've never gone to confession before. I have been baptized as a kid, but unfortunately lived most of my life as a "cultural catholic". I only started taking Catholicism seriously this year.

Therefore, I imagine I have literally a gorillion unconfessed sins. How do I proceed? Should I confess the recent ones or try to remember a particular sin from a long time ago?

Do you have any confession tips?

Thanks in advance, brothers. God bless you all.

Attached: Confessing-sins.png (300x253, 11.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=43
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin
saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html
sacredheart-op.org/Examination.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey there user, good to hear you're taking your faith more seriously.

Since this is your first confession for well forever, the best way to prepare yourself is first draw to mind all the recent sins that you can think of. Namely, masturbation. Now think of all the other sins that you can think of in recent time and confess these as well. Then look back into your past and think of all notable sins that you can, confess these as well. However don't dwell on the fact you can't remember everything. After you're done confessing all the sins you can think of include something along the lines of "I'm sure i've commited many more sins over the course of my life, but none of them come to mind at the moment and if I could remember I would confess them."

I would also let the Priest know that this is your first confession you've done. He will most likely guide you through it or help you out if you get nervous or something along these lines.

Oh on this note, I'd imagine you've been in mortal sin and taken communion before? If so confess this too.

Last tip I'd bring up is after your confession and after having been absolved you'll be asked for an act of contrition. Now a lot of Churches actually have these printed, and since you're new if you feel like it you could ask the Priest what it is. But it is effectively a prayer by yourself to God asking forgiveness, thanking him for his mercy, and resolving yourself not to sin again.

catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=43

You can make your own, or try learn one or something. You say it aloud. Other than that don't think I can offer to much more advice, you'll feel great after user. Feels like you're on a clean slate and in a great state of mind without the sin burdening you. God bless you user and good luck.

Thank you very much, user.

I was planning to go tomorrow, but I'll go right now.

Good on ya user

All of what this user said. I was worried before my first confession too and at first it can be hard to find the right words but it will be easy once you've taken that first step.

Attached: aqua thumb.jpg (600x600, 86.25K)

Yes, Confess to the LORD and not man
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Mt 18:18

Remembering all your past sins is impossible, that's why you should profess your most continuous and grave sins you can remember.
The rest will be taken care of through God's grace.

Thanks for the help, brothers. I confessed my sins and received forgiveness.

I was quite nervous during the confession and the parish I went to didn't have a confessional, people just sit down at a regular bench and talk to the Priest. To be honest, it seemed like a normal conversation with the Priest, as there were no physical barrier between us, we were face to face. Is this the norm?

Also, being in a state of grace, can I receive the holy communion even though I have not been confirmed?

Thanks in advance, brothers.

I have the same problem. Where do I start?

In confession, you're only obligated to confess mortal sins. While it's recommended to also confess venial sins, don't fret if you can't remember everything. You can find a list of mortal sins here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin to help you examine your conscience.

So how is that confession? Sounds more like getting people saved. Also if anything I expected you to post James 5:16 from a crappy new version.

Just because it is new doesn't mean it is crappy. Rather ye shall know them by their fruits matthew 7:15-20.

Deo Gratias, the Lord rejoices more in the return of one lost sheep than 99 of the flock.

Try to confess all your sins since baptism. saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html for advice.

God bless you

God gives his apostles the power to absolve and with old absolution of sins from people. Why would he do this if they were not supposed to hear confessions to deem if a person is to receive absolution or not?

Alright brother I got you for this answer. I won't give you a meme answer or whatever. I'm a convert if that means anything.

Because it's been so long, treat it like an adult should treat first confession. Do an examination of conscience for your whole life since you last confessed. Use this as a guide:
sacredheart-op.org/Examination.html
Just scroll down to the part where it says "First Commandment".

Basically, this will help you think about what you've done in your life and will help you make a better confession in that you're more penitent for all of your sins.

When I did mine, I wrote my sins down on a secret note that I destroyed after confession. I divided my notes into three sections. The first section was HUGE sins that I had felt guilty about for my whole life. Confessing them properly imo required not just saying what the sin was but giving some context. These were specific things that were from years ago, most of them. The next section was things I currently struggle with. These aren't specific things, just current things - so no context was really needed. The last section was other stuff, smaller things I've done in my life that are not oppressive in the memory of them and are not current struggles.

Then, in confession, I just read the list basically. I hope this helps you, brother.

At least you were grown up as a catholic where as I can't even go to confession because I was grown in a non catholic family. So be happy and go to confession

Attached: salaryman.png (651x427, 185.67K)

What? Why don't you become on then?

Do you know what binding and loosing means ?

because living at home and parents dont like catholicism, mom literally said I can pack and leave if I become one

also temptations drag me down and I cant find the man in me to go and try to be a good catholic

Woah, that's harsh. Do you live in a country where Christians are uncommon?
I'll pray for you, user.

mark 10:29-31
luke 14:26-35
Don't be catholic though, just be a follower of Christ because of 1 corinthians 1:12-13, 1 corinthians 3:4-7, and matthew 23:9.

No he didn't and never once in the NT do you see them doing that

And yes I know of the verse in John 20

I've had gay sex and it's the most regretful thing I've done. I'm afraid I'll be thrown out of the church if I try to confess this. Is this an unreasonable fear? Not gay btw, but used to think I was.

And you believed her? No wonder you get bullied at school.

< But I keep fapping.

This Sacrament won't fix you. You will find yourself returning to "the box" so often that the priest will dub you a "Frequent Flier".

If the Sacraments really conferred grace then the RCC would be out of business, or better yet, there wouldn't be such a thing as a child molesting Alter Christus.

Attached: m4fm16afe4268eb385aaf5748244012b46365f68a9960dc48128285492d84518.jpg (1200x800, 109.24K)

Nice try, Satan. Don't listen to him OP, this is Satan trying everything to keep you from obtaining forgiveness for your sins and the graces you need to combat sin. I can tell you that if it wasn't for this gift from God, I would still be hopelessly addicted to this vice.

Attached: 00005-u-git-beated-mary.jpeg (309x397, 57.04K)

Yes. Go confess, it will only do you good. You can do it.

I just can't stop shilling this guy. This video is super helpful.

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; 36 and a man’s foes will be those of his own household. 37 He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and he who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for my sake will find it."

It's unfortunate that your mother holds that position, but don't let your self fall away from God because of it. It's worse for both you and your mother, her grave sin leads some one from the Lord, and you stray away from the Lord. It's best for both of you that you ignore her.

This guy is rather good looking for a priest