FBI leak:Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model

President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

The recording’s existence appears to undercut the Trump campaign’s denial of any knowledge of payments to the model. It further draws Mr. Trump into questions about tactics he and his associates used to keep aspects of his personal and business life a secret. And it highlights the potential legal and political danger that Mr. Cohen represents to Mr. Trump. Once the keeper of many of Mr. Trump’s secrets, Mr. Cohen is now seen as increasingly willing to consider cooperating with prosecutors.

The former model, Karen McDougal, says she began a nearly yearlong affair with Mr. Trump in 2006, shortly after Mr. Trump’s wife, Melania, gave birth to their son, Barron. Ms. McDougal sold her story for $150,000 to The National Enquirer, which was supportive of Mr. Trump, during the final months of the presidential campaign, but the tabloid sat on the story, which kept it from becoming public. The practice, known as “catch and kill,” effectively silenced Ms. McDougal for the remainder of the campaign.

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, confirmed in a telephone conversation on Friday that Mr. Trump had discussed payments to Ms. McDougal with Mr. Cohen in person on the recording. He said that it was less than two minutes long and that Mr. Trump did not know he was being recorded, and he claimed that the president had done nothing wrong.

“Nothing in that conversation suggests that he had any knowledge of it in advance,” Mr. Giuliani said. The recording cuts off, according to three people familiar with it, and it is not clear how the discussion ended.

nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-tape.html

Attached: cohen trump.mp4 (640x360, 1.73M)

>he claimed that the president had done nothing wrong.

The evangelists have Jerusalem, so no further need of trump

Attached: american gothicspeech bubbles.jpg (1466x1768, 749.13K)

Big boi trump living the big life

So Trump breaks the law, then his lawyer breaks the law, then the FBI breaks the law, then the media breaks the law…yet somehow people are still pointing fingers at individuals.

say it right,

also attorney client privilege can not be used in any court of law period so…….

Attorney-client privilege has limits: It applies only to communications made in confidence between an attorney and client in which legal advice is sought or provided. If any of these elements is missing, the privilege vanishes. Attorneys — and recently, The New York Times — often get this wrong, asserting that the mere "confidential" nature of a communication between an attorney and client privileges the communication. This is not the case. The primary purpose of the communication must be to obtain or provide legal advice. So, as radio host Sean Hannity discovered Monday, even if a client's identity is intended to be "confidential," it is protected by the attorney-client privilege only in the rare circumstances under which revealing the identity is tantamount to revealing the legal advice sought.

So, you're incorrect. Only if Trump was a specifically asking legal advice would this communication be privileged… But if they were simply discussing the logistics of payment for hush money, that would not be requesting legal advice, and that would negate any possible attorney-client privilege

It's highly unlikely that Trump was technically asking Cohen for specific legal advice, and much more likely that Trump was just being filled in on details about payment of hush money, which would preclude them from being shielded by jurisprudence

How does it feel to get bitched slapped by Johnny Neptune?

The reason I asked how it felt to get bitchslapped by me is because obviously you are an intelligent fellow… You're not stupid… You're obviously educated… You're young, brilliant, well educated, with a good head on your shoulders…..

However I am old, not particularly smart, an eighth grade dropout, and a complete piece of shit…. I'm a worthless scumbag, a former drug addict, a pervert, and a complete fucking loser…

But I basically bitchslapped you so hard, that you could shit out your toenails…. And I was just wondering how it felt to have an old piece of shit like me put you in your place…

What a fucking loser when can we impeach this fuck…………?

…"cannot be used"….
agree w/ statement+ "bicthslap"?

Attached: 005.gif (600x629, 334.64K)

I didn't spell it 'bicthslap'

My text-to-speech admittedly misspelled it 'bitched slapped', but I never spelled it 'bicthslap'

Attached: SissyBoysPatch1.jpg (1200x1200, 281.51K)

I say you're wrong, and of course you say you're right….

but none of that matters

we can say whatever we want, and it
doesn't change a fucking thing………

only time will tell

that I was right

Attached: PicsArt_07-21-03.26.15.jpg (600x750, 91.44K)

Unironically, "bicthslap' sounds likes it's being spoken with a LISP

By the way, you DO realize that the US Navy F14 Fleet Replacement Fighter Squadron VF 101 are the most flamboyantly gay of the already notoriously gay Navy soldiers, right?

their gayness is legendary

How did Trump break the law?
Fucking around on his wife is not a crime.
Paying some whore to shut her fucking pie-hole is not a crime.
Recording someone without their knowledge is illegal in some states.
The FBI is the most illegal party in this whole story. Not giving a shit about the confidentiality promised between lawyers and their clients? Criminal, in my book. As for the National Enquirer, the practice of "catch and kill" in the media business is not a crime either. The FBI are the only ones who broke any laws here. Of course, they ARE the law, (((They))) would have you believe, so (((They))) want you to think (((They))) are the only ones who are innocent! Don't fall for their control tactics. Controlling the narrative is what (((They)), in the Deep State, are doing – and not just with this nothing-burger story either.

it's a violation of federal campaign finance laws

derrrr

How so?
He usef his own money you dork.

Nope….

Cohen used campaign funds, and then trump paid him back

just admit it. your 'idol' is a dumbass who has made idiotic mistakes left and right, and seems to be incapable of controlling his words or actions… And he's not going to suddenly gain the ability to control himself anytime soon… He has had more idiotic mistakes and glaring controversies than any other president in modern times, because he's an idiot, and he's not going to stop being an idiot, because he's incapable of stopping.

He's the most embarrassing idiot I think I've ever seen

Try looking in the mirror sometime.

(and I'm NOT a Hillary supporter)

nor did I support Bernie Sanders
or ANYBODY

I hate all of them

So it's not like I'm a 'democrat' or a 'republican' or an 'independent'
I'm none of those things

do be honest
just admit it
We didn't have any good choices
and Trump's a fucking moron

Hey, I get it! That was clever!

You are certainly a master of the humorous insult!!!

Trump no moroN! Trump fascist!

Considering the tape is already in the hands of the FBI, I guess that's not an issue.

Do my butt next, uncle johnny

Not in New York, where the conversation took place.

Plus, the laws about recording somebody generally state that 'at least one party has to be aware of the recording', which pretty match negates the purpose of the law in the first place

Guilty in the eyes of the lord

Attached: trump bad.jpg (733x884, 254.46K)

I hate to burst your little bubble of ignorance, but technically speaking, adultery IS a crime.

Attached: PicsArt_07-21-06.49.15.jpg (733x884, 114.27K)

It's really not surprising that a sexually failed white trash pseudo intellectual would actually believe in God…

yep->no father ->lowIQ->whiteoid->jewhate->fascism->trump

I piss in coke bottles
then I drink it!
also I mix it with cumlube and shoout it out of my dragon dildos and drink it……..
YOUR LOSERS!

neutron out